PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank you to Dean, Lisa, And Phil

olevetonahill
11/27/2011, 01:56 PM
For the great Tail gates this season , Enjoyed em and Appreciate all the hard work.
I have never seen anyone work harder than Lisa trying to make sure every one has a good time and plenty to eat
Thanks again Yall see ya next year

8timechamps
11/27/2011, 02:42 PM
Classy post vet. Hope to enjoy the group next season.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/27/2011, 02:42 PM
Always a good time

salth2o
11/27/2011, 02:46 PM
One of these days I'm gonna make it to a tailgate.

olevetonahill
11/27/2011, 02:52 PM
Ya need to, Hell at least twice this year I drove up there spent the weekend. Never even went into the game just stayed at the TG and watched on the TeeVee there. then got up Sunday and drove home .

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 02:57 PM
Tailgate is teh fun.

proud gonzo
11/27/2011, 04:11 PM
Yes, thanks to Dean and Lisa. I hope Operaman and I can make it to more games next year. (It was his first semester of doctoral work, and he was pretty overloaded.)

Great job with the breakfast tailgate! Definitely looking forward to next season. I promise I'll actually bring pies next time.

Soonerjeepman
11/27/2011, 04:18 PM
soooo..is this an OPEN invitation for next yr? lol...

Scott D
11/27/2011, 05:00 PM

If I can make it anyone within a two state radius has no excuse :D

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 05:13 PM
If I can make it anyone within a two state radius has no excuse :D

I didn't get to talk with ya. Dean says ya don't bite or nothing. :D

Good to see ya there though.

soonerfan4life
11/27/2011, 05:38 PM
Great tailgateing this year i got to meet new poeple and eat some good food luved the eggs chili and pasta oh and the Green Goddess dressing

AlbqSooner
11/27/2011, 05:46 PM
Geeez. You must be young. It's called a Darlin! It originated at Denco's! These pups go to college but get no education these days.

Scott D
11/27/2011, 05:47 PM
I didn't get to talk with ya. Dean says ya don't bite or nothing. :D

Good to see ya there though.

hehe no worries, your kid has a wicked left handed throw though :)

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks Howie et. al.

We enjoy y'all enjoying yourselves. It was fairly brutal yesterday, but it was still a good one. And I partook (is that a word) in a Darlin' and it brought back lots of memories. Only problem is, Momma can't replicate the greasy swill that was Denco's. It was damn good though. I felt sorry for PG when she came back to the tailgate. She looked frozen solid.

Also, thanks to Boarder for being the omelette chef. A thankless job to be sure. Especially when you break a yolk...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2011, 07:47 PM
Boarder was the man on the omelettes and Lisa is allsome as always...Proud to play the part of her brother friday night.

olevetonahill
11/27/2011, 09:01 PM
soooo..is this an OPEN invitation for next yr? lol...Its an OPEN Invitation every year, I dont think Ive ever seen anyone run off.

Yup PG looked like an Ice cycle Felt sorry fer her.
Enjoyed meetin every one sorry I missed those of you that I didnt get to meet, Thats prolly By yer choice tho.:biggrin:

TUSooner
11/28/2011, 08:45 AM
For the great Tail gates this season , Enjoyed em and Appreciate all the hard work.
I have never seen anyone work harder than Lisa trying to make sure every one has a good time and plenty to eat
Thanks again Yall see ya next year
Amen!

FaninAma
11/28/2011, 12:49 PM
Above and beyond. I don't think most who drop by the tailgates realize how much work and effort are put into them.

StoopTroup
11/28/2011, 12:56 PM
Above and beyond. I don't think most who drop by the tailgates realize how much work and effort are put into them.

What makes it even more amazing is that it's done every year and it barely breaks even and some years I know that it cost some folks a lot of cash to keep it going. There is just no way to say thanks than to actually come to one and toss them a Donation. Those that pitch in from time to time are always appreciated too. I've even seen a few recipes exchanged from time to time and I know there is always a beer or a drink to had if you so want to partake. One of the great Places on Earth on Game Day!

Sooner24
11/28/2011, 03:42 PM
I even stopped by one game to say hi. :D

tfoolry
11/28/2011, 09:37 PM
I was fortunate to make a couple SFTGS. There was a group from Jersey at aTm tg who attend a diff. game every year. They had been to places like Tenn. and LSU but said OU was best so far. Must've been the SFTG.

Phil
11/29/2011, 10:12 AM
I was fortunate to make a couple SFTGS. There was a group from Jersey at aTm tg who attend a diff. game every year. They had been to places like Tenn. and LSU but said OU was best so far. Must've been the SFTG.

I meant to ask those guys what their shirts were about, but never got around to it. Cool.

Phil
11/29/2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks Howie et. al.

We enjoy y'all enjoying yourselves. It was fairly brutal yesterday, but it was still a good one. And I partook (is that a word) in a Darlin' and it brought back lots of memories. Only problem is, Momma can't replicate the greasy swill that was Denco's. It was damn good though. I felt sorry for PG when she came back to the tailgate. She looked frozen solid.

Also, thanks to Boarder for being the omelette chef. A thankless job to be sure. Especially when you break a yolk...

To be fair, he was making eggs over easy when he broke my yolk. I forgave him, though.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 10:44 AM
To be fair, he was making eggs over easy when he broke my yolk. I forgave him, though.

Heh. Yours wasn't the only one he broke...

The Jersey guys shirts were about all the games they've gone to. They call it "The Bad Decisions Tour." I think we're like the 10th or 12th game they've gone to. The main guy still calls and tells us what a great time they had. When I told him we'd be playing Notre Dame in Norman next year they said they might come back for that one.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 11:50 AM
Note to self: Get in Lisa's Omelet Line. :D ;)

AlbqSooner
11/29/2011, 08:37 PM
I'll tell ya how much fun the Tailgates are.

I made my first one this year, hobbling around on a bum foot, and met a number of posters I had not met. Had great food and a great time.

All this and I was Vet's designated driver that game!!

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:26 PM
I'll tell ya how much fun the Tailgates are.

I made my first one this year, hobbling around on a bum foot, and met a number of posters I had not met. Had great food and a great time.

All this and I was Vet's designated driver that game!!

I only had to take him down there. He rode back on a Turd. :D