PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Kentucky

Jacie
11/27/2011, 11:48 AM
By virtue of the Wildcat win over the Tennessee Vols, those two teams finished the 2011 season with 5-7 records. Thus, only 9 of 12 SEC teams earned the requisite 6-wins to achieve bowl eligibilty. Under that criteria, the Big 10 is the best conference top to bottom since 10 of 12 teams from that conference are bowl eligible. The Big 12 is a close second with 8 of 10 bowl eligible teams.

BigTip
11/27/2011, 11:54 AM
My disdain for the SEC has almost clouded my judgement to the point that I see some good in the possibility of losing to the pukes. They are about the only team left that has a chance of preventing an all SEC NC game.

I did say "almost".

meoveryouxinfinity
11/27/2011, 12:16 PM
o and let me add, Mizzou and A&M suuuuuuuuuuck

BigTip
11/27/2011, 12:49 PM
o and let me add, Mizzou and A&M suuuuuuuuuuck

lol, future SEC non-bowl eligible teams!

lexsooner
11/27/2011, 08:27 PM
UK did it by starting their "third string" qb who was actually a backup receiver, because the starter and backup were both injured. UK's win was the first over Tenn. in 27 or 28 years, so thousands of Kentucky fans rushed the field after the win. Go figure, since both teams ended up with losing records and out of a bowl, but in this dull city people look for anything to create excitement.

BB37
11/27/2011, 10:26 PM
Actually, the KY fans rushed the field to celebrate the beginning of basketball season.

TulsaSooners
11/28/2011, 01:29 AM
My disdain for the SEC has almost clouded my judgement to the point that I see some good in the possibility of losing to the pukes. They are about the only team left that has a chance of preventing an all SEC NC game.

I did say "almost".

And then they go and get beat by 5 TDs to LSU and we hear Alabama complain for the rest of our lives about how they were the only team that could have legitimately beaten LSU??? Either way you lose from a conference standpoint.

I would LOVE to have the opportunity to bet LSU against little brother (projected line of ~10 according to the Las Vegas Sports Consultants) though.