PDA

View Full Version : Nicely done students

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2011, 10:02 AM
Worse student crowd in LONG time. Nice show of support on senior day for Ryan Broyles and Austin Box's family.

auto
11/27/2011, 10:05 AM
Maybe the scheduling of less than stellar opponent and lousy game time had something to do with it. I sold my tix, 11:00a.m. gametime is for the birds. All of the blue hairs who wanted that early game time got it, then stayed at home because it was too cold. Our home crowds suck.

GottaHavePride
11/27/2011, 10:16 AM
Heh. Way to prove Colley's point there. What the hell difference does the start time make? If you're a fan, you show up. If you're a pansy you whine and stay home.

soonervegas
11/27/2011, 10:19 AM
Or maybe they have their priorities straight on a Thanksgiving weekend with family.

kevpks
11/27/2011, 10:20 AM
It's six f'ing Saturdays a year. Students only have four (or five or six) years to watch OU games as a student. If you claim to be a fan, you should be there. I don't give a rip what time the game kicks off.

kevpks
11/27/2011, 10:20 AM
Or maybe they have their priorities straight on a Thanksgiving weekend with family.

True, but most are probably like auto up there.

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 10:28 AM

^^
this.

Get over yourselves. People have lives, especially around the holidays. My niece who is a current student was here at home with her family. So
Was I for that matter

auto
11/27/2011, 10:33 AM
Heh. Way to prove Colley's point there. What the hell difference does the start time make? If you're a fan, you show up. If you're a pansy you whine and stay home.

Well as someone who drives up from Dallas alot. I consider OU home football game an excellent opportunity to network, meet new people, enjoy family and friends while tailgating and watching college football. Almost all of my hobbys have more than a singular purpose.

11:00.a.m. game times suck, pure and simple. I already provided my support by donating and buying tix.

BigJerm7
11/27/2011, 10:37 AM
^^
this.

Get over yourselves. People have lives, especially around the holidays. My niece who is a current student was here at home with her family. So
Was I for that matter

How dare you guys suggest that OU Football is more important than being with your family on Thanksgiving.

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2011, 11:05 AM
PUH-LEEZE!

For all those saying it was because of Thanksgiving, every single one of you would have been there if it was Bedlam, especially this year. Don't bother lying and saying you wouldn't.

Thanks for playing.

soonervegas
11/27/2011, 11:13 AM
PUH-LEEZE!

For all those saying it was because of Thanksgiving, every single one of you would have been there if it was Bedlam, especially this year. Don't bother lying and saying you wouldn't.

Thanks for playing.

I didn't hear anyone say that. What I did hear was:

Family > 11:00am + Iowa State + 40 mile per hour winds

Pretty simple value maximizing decision. The fact is OU football is entertainment and nothing more. The value wasn't there this week. Spending some extra time with the family rated higher.

KABOOKIE
11/27/2011, 11:19 AM
I'd be willing to be half the dip****s complaining in this thread about the students weren't at the game themselves. Because we all know no one has ever missed a game. :rolleyes:

Stupid thread is stupid.

BajaOklahoma
11/27/2011, 11:26 AM
So does "family time" include Black Friday shopping, sleeping in or actual time with the family?
Most college students have a few days with parents and are ready to go to back and hand with their friends.

I was happy to have an earlier game, though 1:30 PM was more what I had in mind. We drive in from Dallas or the lake and come back after the game.

So what I'm hearing is there needs to be a better system for getting student tickets.

kevpks
11/27/2011, 11:32 AM
So does "family time" include Black Friday shopping, sleeping in or actual time with the family?
Most college students have a few days with parents and are ready to go to back and hand with their friends.

I was happy to have an earlier game, though 1:30 PM was more what I had in mind. We drive in from Dallas or the lake and come back after the game.

So what I'm hearing is there needs to be a better system for getting student tickets.

Exactly. Some people are acting like students go home and spend 96 hours inside a Norman Rockwell painting. Of course people miss games for a lot of reasons. For most students who didn't show: We just lost to Baylor, so they didn't show up.

ouwino
11/27/2011, 11:40 AM
dear colley...

please dont say anything about our student section. i did once and got hammered on here. they have lots of excuses.... 1) game time 2) cold 3) rain 4) wind 5) had to stay up late 6) had to wait in line 7) mommy didnt change their diaper in time 8) daddy didnt give them his credit card. 9) etc, etc, etc.

i too think the student section seating should be changed. perhaps the south endzone would be a good location. the program could make more money by selling the current student section to donors. just like is on the west side.

the band could stay where it is, just move the student section. that way when a game is on national tv, it wont be so embarrassing when the tv camera shows a half empty section.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/27/2011, 12:03 PM
being with my family over who i see for a day every few weeks> football

meoveryouxinfinity
11/27/2011, 12:05 PM
Exactly. Some people are acting like students go home and spend 96 hours inside a Norman Rockwell painting. Of course people miss games for a lot of reasons. For most students who didn't show: We just lost to Baylor, so they didn't show up.
Just because your life growing up wasn't great doesn't mean mine/ours isn't.

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 12:12 PM
Peeps are just tired of complaining about the team so they are taking aim at the students...

The end will be near when twirler girl drops her baton and the rabble wants her fired...

kevpks
11/27/2011, 12:23 PM
Just because your life growing up wasn't great doesn't mean mine/ours isn't.

My life was fine and I enjoy time with family very much. I never said anyone's life wasn't great. I've seen a lot of Thanksgiving games that were packed. I guess students didn't love their families as much those years. Maybe losing to Baylor made everyone realize the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

More likely scenario= Some weren't there for Thanksgiving. Some weren't there because they're front-runners who were pissed we lost to Baylor and lost interest in the team.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/27/2011, 12:27 PM
Worse student crowd in LONG time. Nice show of support on senior day for Ryan Broyles and Austin Box's family.I don't want to see students on here bitching about crowds again. Ever.

yermom
11/27/2011, 12:29 PM
i guess this is what happens when you don't have a conference championship game

the stadium would not have been empty for OSU

i can only imagine how empty the stadium used to be when we played Nebraska on Thanksgiving Day

GDC
11/27/2011, 12:29 PM

I am glad Colley started this thread. I took some heat and some red spek in another thread for saying the same.

As for students going home for family time over the break, Fox 23 in Tulsa had a story about "Black Wednesday" before Thanksgiving. There are more alcohol related arrests that night than any other. They reported the story from some bar on Brookside full of college students getting drunk with their friends.

kevpks
11/27/2011, 12:30 PM
I wish I wouldn't have even responded to this thread. It's simple: One of the best college football programs in the nation should have a student section much closer to capacity for every game.

NormanPride
11/27/2011, 12:32 PM
Baj here -- never stayed on campus as a student during thanksgiving, only went to games during that break as part of OU band obligations, probably would have missed the game otherwise.

Campus is a ghost town during the holiday breaks, whether it be Labor Day, MLK, Thanksgiving, you name it. No school = no students.

However, it's not just the holiday, but many games that the upper corner of the student section has been noticeably empty while the rest of the fans are packed into the north endzone and corners like sardines. Thus, I once again advocate the following changes to the student section:

1- Let more students buy tickets. All students that want to attend OU games should be given the opportunity to, so long as that game isn't OU-Texas (because seating's much more limited there)

I used to LOL at students that would try to sell their $15 ticket for $25, $50... etc. Then after I graduate, I see Miami tickets on exchange sites for $200?! Just sell more tickets. There clearly are seats available for them to take!

2- Move the student section. I recommend either endzone. Students like to crowd in close to the field and close the 50 yard line, so just take out the guess work by making every seat equally close (or should I say FAR, heh) from the 50.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/27/2011, 12:38 PM
I don't know that selling more student tickets would solve the problem. You'd have that many more empty seats if the issue is them crowding toward the 50.

NormanPride
11/27/2011, 12:43 PM
I don't know that selling more student tickets would solve the problem. You'd have that many more empty seats if the issue is them crowding toward the 50.

You can only crowd in so far! :D

hawaii 5-0
11/27/2011, 12:45 PM
When I was a student I never missed a home game, even on Thanksgiving.

I strive for a balance. Except when it comes to OU football.

5-0

sooner59
11/27/2011, 01:20 PM
I had student tickets from 2003-2010 and never missed a Thanksgiving game. There is really no excuse. You are out of school the day before and the day after. So Tuesday would be the last day of class. You go home Tuesday afternoon/evening. You are home Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Game is on Saturday. So people are staying home Tuesday night through Sunday instead of Saturday. You use that one extra day as an excuse to say family is more important? Nope, that's garbage. You spend several days at home. Shaving one off isn't going to kill you when you just come back to school for another couple of weeks, and then YOU HAVE NEARLY A ****ING MONTH OFF between semesters. Quit making excuses. Stadium would have been full for OSU and everyone knows it. I swear we have the biggest baby of a fanbase. If there isn't a big-time game in town or if the weather is Hawaii-like, people just want to peace out and say, "Oh...well there are more important things in my life than OU football." Ok. Thanks for the excuse. See you next year when Notre Dame rolls into town. Geez...

MI Sooner
11/27/2011, 01:38 PM
I am glad Colley started this thread. I took some heat and some red spek in another thread for saying the same.

As for students going home for family time over the break, Fox 23 in Tulsa had a story about "Black Wednesday" before Thanksgiving. There are more alcohol related arrests that night than any other. They reported the story from some bar on Brookside full of college students getting drunk with their friends.

Screwed up kids taking time to catch up with friends they don't get to see for several months. They should be drinking at home with grandma at 1:00 am.

BajaOklahoma
11/27/2011, 01:42 PM
This si going to be one of the threads of the year, I can tell already.

MI Sooner
11/27/2011, 01:48 PM
I had student tickets from 2003-2010 and never missed a Thanksgiving game. There is really no excuse. You are out of school the day before and the day after. So Tuesday would be the last day of class. You go home Tuesday afternoon/evening. You are home Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Game is on Saturday. So people are staying home Tuesday night through Sunday instead of Saturday. You use that one extra day as an excuse to say family is more important? Nope, that's garbage. You spend several days at home. Shaving one off isn't going to kill you when you just come back to school for another couple of weeks, and then YOU HAVE NEARLY A ****ING MONTH OFF between semesters. Quit making excuses. Stadium would have been full for OSU and everyone knows it. I swear we have the biggest baby of a fanbase. If there isn't a big-time game in town or if the weather is Hawaii-like, people just want to peace out and say, "Oh...well there are more important things in my life than OU football." Ok. Thanks for the excuse. See you next year when Notre Dame rolls into town. Geez...

Do you understand why Ou tickets are more than North Texas tickets? Why I paid over $100 per ticket to TTU in 2008 but less than half that for TTU on 2010? Sounds to me like you're unwilling to accept reality, that OU games compete with other activities for our leisure time, and the less attractive the game, the lower demand will be.

Also while I suspect most students are within a three hour drive on Thanksgiving, there are a good number who aren't. I wasn't going to pay $400 to fly home Wednesday and fly back Friday just to make the Iowa State game.

AlboSooner
11/27/2011, 01:48 PM
How does Austin Box's family tie in with students not showing up for the game on thanksgiving weekend?

btb916
11/27/2011, 01:51 PM
How does Austin Box's family tie in with students not showing up for the game on thanksgiving weekend?

It allowed the OP or whoever it was that said that in here to act like not showing up was a bigger deal than it really was. It was just a football game folks...

P.S. I was at the game yesterday until the end.

SoonerPride
11/27/2011, 02:01 PM
What about the rest of the no shows who weren't students? Where we tailgate the parking lot was EMPTY.

Seriously.

Weak crowd.

Period.

sooner59
11/27/2011, 02:26 PM
Do you understand why Ou tickets are more than North Texas tickets? Why I paid over $100 per ticket to TTU in 2008 but less than half that for TTU on 2010? Sounds to me like you're unwilling to accept reality, that OU games compete with other activities for our leisure time, and the less attractive the game, the lower demand will be.

Also while I suspect most students are within a three hour drive on Thanksgiving, there are a good number who aren't. I wasn't going to pay $400 to fly home Wednesday and fly back Friday just to make the Iowa State game.

There is a difference between people that are from Oklahoma and North Texas who can jump in a car Saturday morning and make it there by kickoff and people who have to fly there and back. I obviously wasn't referring to you. Don't get your panties in a wad.

cccasooner2
11/27/2011, 02:51 PM
What about the rest of the no shows who weren't students? Where we tailgate the parking lot was EMPTY.

Seriously.

Weak crowd.

Period.

Strange, I thought Oldvet invited a bunch of them ISU critters to party with. What happened?

Breadburner
11/27/2011, 02:57 PM

No kidding....Another stupid ****ing thread....Someone has alot of trolls to troll....

Sooner91ATL
11/27/2011, 02:57 PM
I didn't hear anyone say that. What I did hear was:

Family > 11:00am + Iowa State + 40 mile per hour + Bob Stoops' "don't much care what critics think" attitude + loss to tech and baylor

FIFY

this is the elephant in the room regarding the poor attendance. Not the holiday or the weather. If this was ostate or nebraska the stands would have been overflowing or likewise, if we were in national championship hunt with no excuses effort displayed on the field.

8timechamps
11/27/2011, 03:05 PM
I am not upset over students not showing up, but to use the excuse that it's Thanksgiving weekend is kind of weak. Thanksgiving is celebrated in every state, yet I saw a lot of stadiums full yesterday (hell, even on Thanksgiving day). That said, there is no doubt that the weather/opponent played a role in the attendance.

And the comment made about Austin Box was in regard to it being senior day, and his family being there in place of Austin. At least that's what I took from it.

olevetonahill
11/27/2011, 03:11 PM
Strange, I thought Oldvet invited a bunch of them ISU critters to party with. What happened?
Nun of them bastards showed

Plexis22
11/27/2011, 03:41 PM
I think most were still pissed about losing to Baylor and playing a pretty meaningless game. I was there because I never miss home games regardless of weather, holidays, etc. and so were 70,000 or so others. I don't fault anyone who wasn't there but would if it was a bigger game and we were still in the NC race. As OU fans we expect to be in the NC race every season and when it doesn't happen most lose interest especially the students.

Peach Fuzz
11/27/2011, 03:48 PM
I think it's pretty plain and simple that it's always hard on Thanksgiving weekend if it's not a rival. Young people are gonna let you down, boohoo.

FaninAma
11/27/2011, 04:22 PM
I think if you were at home and the drive to get back to Norman was more than 90 minutes then the "staying at home with the family "excuse is legit.

And before we burn the students at the stake there were a crapload of empty seats all through the stadium so let's be sure and add a little more wood around the stake. On our row alone there were the 4 in my party that were at the game and then the other 8 were empty.

I did feel bad for the Box family and the rest of the Seniors.

goingoneight
11/27/2011, 04:35 PM
This thread and all it's excuse-making sounds like an orangepower.com thread explaining away every single year why there's gaping holes in their stadium during tide-turning caliber matchups. Like stated above, if we were playing OSU or some team whose players called us out I don't see our fanbase being so whiny about being too full of turkey and taters to wake up and get out to Norman. I realize everyone misses games and that there was a holiday this weekend, but it was MORE than obvious that this game was different than in years past on Thanksgiving weekend. Just admit it, folks. It was a horribly lame crowd. It's the reason why we can't get all up in arms everytime someone calls our home crowds lame. Because guess what... they might have been at games like the one yesterday and asked themselves "what was so damn scary about Owen Field these last few years?"

goingoneight
11/27/2011, 04:37 PM
I think most were still pissed about losing to Baylor and playing a pretty meaningless game. I was there because I never miss home games regardless of weather, holidays, etc. and so were 70,000 or so others. I don't fault anyone who wasn't there but would if it was a bigger game and we were still in the NC race. As OU fans we expect to be in the NC race every season and when it doesn't happen most lose interest especially the students.

You do realize that if we beat OSU, this game would have been the difference between a BIG 12 Championship and well... NOT winning a BIG 12 Championship?

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 04:38 PM
My daughter, also a student, was home with us. She would have been at the game but I wasn't feeling well, so she stayed to help me get my home back in order. This was the only game she missed this year and doesn't have to answer to anyone.

Just out of curiosity, how many were fans were in attendance?

nighttrain12
11/27/2011, 04:43 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3627029

Berry Tramel says this was the first OU home game since 1930 that we played on Thanksgiving weekend against someone other than OSU or Nebraska so blame the schedule makers for the less than full crowd on Saturday.

OUAndy1807
11/27/2011, 05:04 PM
Hopefully there were still enough students in attendance to get the wave started.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 05:10 PM
Nun of them bastards showedI saw some of them eating at the Hotel the next morning. They can't handle their liquor just like they can't handle The Sooners. Bastids is hell on a Cowboy though. :D

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 05:11 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3627029

Berry Tramel says this was the first OU home game since 1930 that we played on Thanksgiving weekend against someone other than OSU or Nebraska so blame the schedule makers for the less than full crowd on Saturday.

I blame Flamel.

btb916
11/27/2011, 05:54 PM
And before we burn the students at the stake there were a crapload of empty seats all through the stadium so let's be sure and add a little more wood around the stake. On our row alone there were the 4 in my party that were at the game and then the other 8 were empty.

I did feel bad for the Box family and the rest of the Seniors.

I agree. The upper deck on the west side had a number of empty seats. Can't say that I blame those folks though. They got the worst of the wind, along with everyone on the upper deck of the east side.

Face it. When a team is playing really well, more people show up. That's how it's always been, and it's never going to change.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 06:32 PM
I had student tickets from 2003-2010 and never missed a Thanksgiving game. There is really no excuse. You are out of school the day before and the day after. So Tuesday would be the last day of class. You go home Tuesday afternoon/evening. You are home Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Game is on Saturday. So people are staying home Tuesday night through Sunday instead of Saturday. You use that one extra day as an excuse to say family is more important? Nope, that's garbage. You spend several days at home. Shaving one off isn't going to kill you when you just come back to school for another couple of weeks, and then YOU HAVE NEARLY A ****ING MONTH OFF between semesters. Quit making excuses. Stadium would have been full for OSU and everyone knows it. I swear we have the biggest baby of a fanbase. If there isn't a big-time game in town or if the weather is Hawaii-like, people just want to peace out and say, "Oh...well there are more important things in my life than OU football." Ok. Thanks for the excuse. See you next year when Notre Dame rolls into town. Geez...Some students like to stay home for that Sunday to attend church together as a family. They want to share an after church meal with their out of town family members before they have to say "Goodbye."

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 06:37 PM
Some Student's like to sell their tickets every game too and yesterday you would be lucky to get $5 for them.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 06:38 PM
I ain't reading the whole thread. However, I will say this (and I've said it before) our student section is the lamest in the country. Bunch of twittering/texting little pissants who couldn't give a **** about their team.

Our average home crowd is one of the lamest in the country. I can honestly say I've seen two good crowds in Memorial Stadium since Stoops has been here. OU/NU in 2000, and the Tech game a couple years ago.

In my section (109) you can pretty much hear a pin drop every game. I just can't figure out what the hell the deal is. I've sat down below, and they're fairly loud/rowdy, but the west-side upper deck is like a morgue.

I look straight across with my binoculars and all I see is students texting. Or leaving. It's the last section to fill up, and the first to empty. Our students suck as football/basketball/baseball fans. Suck. The. Big. One. And please spare me the "spend time with my family" horsecrap. If your friends had a big party going on at Texoma or somewhere you'd leave your family in a heartbeat to go get your durnk on. Don't lie. And whining about an 11 kick is gayer than Ellen interviewing Enrique.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 06:50 PM
I was wondering what that noise was coming from 109.

GDC
11/27/2011, 07:04 PM
As usual, Dean said it better than everyone else combined.

MikeInNorman
11/27/2011, 07:07 PM
It's no surprise that season disappointments turn into "I'm a better fan than you" threads. The bile has to be directed somewhere I guess. Other, supposedly less dedicated fans are easier targets than coaches.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:11 PM
It's no surprise that season disappointments turn into "I'm a better fan than you" threads. The bile has to be directed somewhere I guess. Other, supposedly less dedicated fans are easier targets than coaches.

Truth hurts?

I'd buy the horse**** you're selling if we had good fans when we were undefeated, sitting in the BCS NC game driver's seat playing say...Tech? Were you there? We ****ing blew as fans. BLEW. Johnny Wad Holmes & Linda Lovelace deepthroat job kinda BLEW.

I'm fairly confident nobody on here blamed any of our losses on our POS fans - although they're at least = in terms of blame as anything else.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 07:11 PM
I ain't reading the whole thread. However, I will say this (and I've said it before) our student section is the lamest in the country. Bunch of twittering/texting little pissants who couldn't give a **** about their team.

Our average home crowd is one of the lamest in the country. I can honestly say I've seen two good crowds in Memorial Stadium since Stoops has been here. OU/NU in 2000, and the Tech game a couple years ago.

In my section (109) you can pretty much hear a pin drop every game. I just can't figure out what the hell the deal is. I've sat down below, and they're fairly loud/rowdy, but the west-side upper deck is like a morgue.

I look straight across with my binoculars and all I see is students texting. Or leaving. It's the last section to fill up, and the first to empty. Our students suck as football/basketball/baseball fans. Suck. The. Big. One. And please spare me the "spend time with my family" horsecrap. If your friends had a big party going on at Texoma or somewhere you'd leave your family in a heartbeat to go get your durnk on. Don't lie. And whining about an 11 kick is gayer than Ellen interviewing Enrique.My mother in law served Thanksgiving on Saturday for my husbands side of the family, so my student/daughter wanted to be home. When she texts during the game, its to me up in the club talking about what a good play that was and ends it with BOOMER SOONER! so...Don't categorize.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:13 PM
My mother in law served Thanksgiving on Saturday for my husbands side of the family, so my student/daughter wanted to be home. Don't categorize.

There's always a diamond in the rough Glen. Please don't assume all the other worthless POS students and crappy fans had the same deal going on. Good on you and your daughter, but the lion's share of the absent "fans" weren't doing T-Giving on Saturday.

Eielson
11/27/2011, 07:16 PM
I chose to spend time with my family rather than go to the game. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:17 PM
I chose to spend time with my family rather than go to the game. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Spare me the gory details. Thanks.

MikeInNorman
11/27/2011, 07:21 PM
Truth hurts?

I'd buy the horse**** you're selling if we had good fans when we were undefeated, sitting in the BCS NC game driver's seat playing say...Tech? Were you there? We ****ing blew as fans. BLEW. Johnny Wad Holmes & Linda Lovelace deepthroat job kinda BLEW.

I'm fairly confident nobody on here blamed any of our losses on our POS fans - although they're at least = in terms of blame as anything else.

Wow.

Exactly what am I selling? I simply pointed out that threads like these are the inevitable result of disappointment with the season. Happens every year. We eat our own.

But since you asked, I will be happy to say that anyone who beats their chest on a website and bleats to the high heavens about their fan superiority is a jackass, plain and simple. Even website moderators. Maybe especially website moderators.

Oh well, I expect to be banned for questioning the party line that OU fans are the worst that have ever walked, especially the students.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 07:21 PM
There are a lot of split families nowadays. Kids have real Thanksgiving with one divorced parent and spend the weekend with the other. Its not how it use to be when most moms and dads stayed together.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:30 PM
Wow.

Exactly what am I selling? I simply pointed out that threads like these are the inevitable result of disappointment with the season. Happens every year. We eat our own.

But since you asked, I will be happy to say that anyone who beats their chest on a website and bleats to the high heavens about their fan superiority is a jackass, plain and simple. Even website moderators. Maybe especially website moderators.

Oh well, I expect to be banned for questioning the party line that OU fans are the worst that have ever walked, especially the students.

Beat their chest? You got that outta that? Sheez. No, I lambasted our student section and our average "fan." Do a search. You'll see I've been unhappy with our fans for years. Party line? WTF is wrong with some of you?

It's quite evident/obvious. Our student section - ON A GOOD DAY - sucks the high hard one. Our stadium atmosphere does too. Now, did I say anywhere that I'm a better fan than anyone else? How do you even read it that way?

Eielson
11/27/2011, 07:31 PM
Spare me the gory details. Thanks.

Hooray for the internet tough guy!

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:33 PM
Great. We're gonna start that **** up again. Whatever floats your boat riding on a scooter shooting a paint ball guy.

Sooner91ATL
11/27/2011, 07:34 PM
Okies are reserved. As a 5th generation okie, I have observed this. OU students are mostly from texas and a lot of the students at the games are sohos and the like who care not about the game, but care about their friends and getting seen at the game. Speaking from 6 years of student ticket holder experience from 1987 to 1991 and then again from 1997-1999.

In the "old days" there was one big game and it was at home every other year - Nebraska. The other big game was always and still is in dallas. The rest were ho-hummers. Crowd came in to see the second quarter then blew to O'Connells to get boozed up for the after parties.

I remember sitting in the student section and having my pick of seats after halftime. Of course, for a good number of my student ticket years we sucked bad.

So the old Okies are quiet and reserved, the students mostly DGAF, which leaves a sizable middle portion that is probably varied in its makeup in terms of cheering and yelling, etc. One constant I have observed in 25 years of OU football home games is that when the team is out of the NC running, crowds tend to get smaller and quieter.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 08:00 PM
Okies are reserved. As a 5th generation okie, I have observed this. OU students are mostly from texas and a lot of the students at the games are sohos and the like who care not about the game, but care about their friends and getting seen at the game. Speaking from 6 years of student ticket holder experience from 1987 to 1991 and then again from 1997-1999.

In the "old days" there was one big game and it was at home every other year - Nebraska. The other big game was always and still is in dallas. The rest were ho-hummers. Crowd came in to see the second quarter then blew to O'Connells to get boozed up for the after parties.

I remember sitting in the student section and having my pick of seats after halftime. Of course, for a good number of my student ticket years we sucked bad.

So the old Okies are quiet and reserved, the students mostly DGAF, which leaves a sizable middle portion that is probably varied in its makeup in terms of cheering and yelling, etc. One constant I have observed in 25 years of OU football home games is that when the team is out of the NC running, crowds tend to get smaller and quieter.

Fair assessment. Sorta. We were dead in the thick of it and the TT crowd this year was awful. Beyond awful. That's why I can't buy the whole "when we win we'll be there" argument. Cause we ain't/don't.

You know what? The OU crowds at away games totally smoke the home crowds. I think maybe I'll sell my season tix and just go to the away games. At least then I'll see people who are alive and smoking at the same time.

FtwTxSooner
11/27/2011, 08:10 PM
It may be better just to not play on thanksgiving anymore if its not going to be a rivalry game.

MamaMia
11/27/2011, 08:18 PM
Fair assessment. Sorta. We were dead in the thick of it and the TT crowd this year was awful. Beyond awful. That's why I can't buy the whole "when we win we'll be there" argument. Cause we ain't/don't.

You know what? The OU crowds at away games totally smoke the home crowds. I think maybe I'll sell my season tix and just go to the away games. At least then I'll see people who are alive and smoking at the same time.You do remember the pouring rain and the lightening right? Some parents don't want to subject their little ones to that. To me, thats understandable.

Why do you think away game crowds are better than home crowds?

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 08:53 PM
You do remember the pouring rain and the lightening right? Some parents don't want to subject their little ones to that. To me, thats understandable.

Why do you think away game crowds are better than home crowds?

What lightning and thunder? I remember a couple of games with that going on, but you go underneath for a few, then come back out. Oh, you're talking Tech this year? That's a crappy excuse for them not being there. If your college-aged child is still getting your advice for getting in/out of the weather perhaps you should loosen the parental leash. Just sayin'. :smilie:

Away fans being better? Because they actually spent some time/energy getting there? Hell, I don't know. I've seen the same dead people (at home games) get all jacked up at away games. Maybe because we're outnumbered? Maybe because we're out of our comfort zone and have to band together? Whatever it is, the away crowds smoke the home crowds.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 08:57 PM
There's always a diamond in the rough Glen. Please don't assume all the other worthless POS students and crappy fans had the same deal going on. Good on you and your daughter, but the lion's share of the absent "fans" weren't doing T-Giving on Saturday.

I remember Mama saying she didn't go because she wasn't feeling well.....now I'm hearing it was because the Student wasn't feeling well. I'm completely confused about it all. I almost didn't go while I was at the TG Saturday because I wasn't sure my kids were prepared for dealing with the Weather. We risked it and even though it kind of sucked...I think I was bothered by the weather more than my kids. Kids are tough. I'm glad we went. My Family wanted to be there with me. They know what it means to me and they loved the fact that I try to make them happy when we go.

When my 2 Brothers were at OU at the same time we always saw some kids selling their tickets to other Students who's parent's didn't buy them the Football Ticket pkg while they were in School. There was tons of bartering. One of my Brothers was in a Fraternity and there was plenty of bartering for tickets you name it. I even borrowed Student IDs that looked like me to get into Student Sections for B-Ball Games. The 2 front rows at B-Ball Games were Awesome when Tubbs was Coach. :D

I do think we were all better Fans back then. Things have changed a lot.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:03 PM
It may be better just to not play on thanksgiving anymore if its not going to be a rivalry game.

Did you go?

I mean.....I was there and once I was in I was impressed with how many Fans showed up to watch this Team that couldn't beat Baylor. I guess looking from Section 109 is a bit different than the South EZ but I really thought it was amazing to see so many Fans in the stands considering the loss and the weather.

They announced that there were 83,000+

That's a **** load of people. There won't be that many in Stoolwater this weekend.

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 09:07 PM
I thought the crowd was pretty impressive...

jk the sooner fan
11/27/2011, 09:10 PM
the student section wasnt the only part of the stadium with empty seats....

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:17 PM
Empty Seats probably meant the scalpers out front got burned for a bunch of tickets that the University got paid for. If you want to pay for tickets and then sell them to someone that can't resell them, it's no skin off my nose. The 70-80,000 that was really there is still a bunch more than most every other Team in Div 1a gets....especially in bad weather.

jk the sooner fan
11/27/2011, 09:25 PM
Empty Seats probably meant the scalpers out front got burned for a bunch of tickets that the University got paid for. If you want to pay for tickets and then sell them to someone that can't resell them, it's no skin off my nose. The 70-80,000 that was really there is still a bunch more than most every other Team in Div 1a gets....especially in bad weather.

is that a yes or a no? was the student section the only part with empty seats?

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 10:00 PM
[/QUOTE] You know what? The OU crowds at away games totally smoke the home crowds. I think maybe I'll sell my season tix and just go to the away games. At least then I'll see people who are alive and smoking at the same time.[/QUOTE]

What's crazy is I actually have a buddy that did that. Granted he moved out of state, but he still says that he much rather attend an away game than a home game.

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 10:08 PM
PUH-LEEZE!

Thanks for playing.

And if I were 6" 5 tall dark, rich and handsome I'd have a hot Victoria Secret model for a girlfriend. But I'm not. And this game wasn't Bedlam. If it was and it was empty then complain get off your effing high horse and let people do wtf they want and you do what you do.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 10:20 PM
I wanted to go and support the Team as a good number of them have to be pretty torn up about losing that Baylor Game. Since a high percentage of them are coming back to play here next year....I think it's important as a fan to show up to games like that and give them support so that when games like that happen say on the first Game of the year....they know that everyone isn't going to label them a bunch of bitches or losers.

Nobody hurts more than a Team of Competitors. That's what this Team is full of. Broyles was right in front of us a few times on crutches yesterday. You could see how much it hurt for him to not be out there helping his Team. I'm gonna say an extra "Get Well Sooner" prayer of him tonight.

oulucas
11/27/2011, 10:22 PM

You know what? The OU crowds at away games totally smoke the home crowds. I think maybe I'll sell my season tix and just go to the away games. At least then I'll see people who are alive and smoking at the same time.

Well, bye.

MamaMia
11/28/2011, 12:53 AM
What lightning and thunder? I remember a couple of games with that going on, but you go underneath for a few, then come back out. Oh, you're talking Tech this year? That's a crappy excuse for them not being there. If your college-aged child is still getting your advice for getting in/out of the weather perhaps you should loosen the parental leash. Just sayin'. :smilie:

Away fans being better? Because they actually spent some time/energy getting there? Hell, I don't know. I've seen the same dead people (at home games) get all jacked up at away games. Maybe because we're outnumbered? Maybe because we're out of our comfort zone and have to band together? Whatever it is, the away crowds smoke the home crowds.

Some [sarcasm]really loyal dedicated OU fans[sarcasm] wanting to stay and cheer for the Sooners against Texas Tech, stole two ponchos from my kiddos, and two others from a couple of 14 and a 15 year olds, during the OU/Tech game. Yeah, real classy loyal fans there. She planned ahead by checking the weather and some jerk thief scumbag takes advantage of her ability to act responsibly by planning ahead. She used her tip money from The Mont to by two of those high dollar ponchos that you can also use as a seat cushion, and steals them. The stadium was sold out of the cheapies so they were freezing, cold and drenched. Her leaving had nothing to do with my parental "leash" I taught her to plan ahead, compared to the parents who raised their scumbag kid to steal a young ladies ponchos who thought ahead wanting to stay and cheer for her team even if it rained. Two other ponchos were stolen out of a 14 year old little girls purse that night, also in our family. They're seats are on the 50 and the 42 yard lines, 30 rows up. They said there were no Tech fans in that area. It had to of been Sooner fans What the hell is wrong with these scum bag stay at the game no matter what you have to do Sooner fans? I learned that night that just because a Sooner stays to cheer on our team when its pouring down rain and lightening doesn't necessarily make them a candidate for Fan of the Year.

Oh and I was also going to say that a large percentage of the OU fans who attend our away games actually live in whatever state that particular game is being played. I use to attend all the away games. The crowd seems about the same to me.

MamaMia
11/28/2011, 01:18 AM
If anyone sees a fan or two wearing those graphic design ponchos that date back to 2005 on the game tape, I would love a blow up. They were purchased from the back room full of oldies but goodies at the Big Red that David let us rummage through, since all the ponchos were sold out. I guarantee you there weren't any other ponchos in the stadium that night that came close to resembling these. They are really cool looking and I haven't seen them in many many years. The other two that were stolen from the younger kids were bought that Friday at an OU store, so lots of people had them on.

colinreturn
11/28/2011, 03:02 AM
All of you realize that the entire student section isn't comprised of mouth-breathing crazy ****ing forum surfing ou fans, right? Sometimes I think this board thinks every person in that stadium is a crazy *** dedicated fan. Plenty of no-care fans are in the student section. It sucks, but what do you expect? Doesn't matter, you can all go on and live in your dream world where every person with an ou tshirt on is a die hard and should be held to your holier than thou standards. I'm not saying it's bad to be a die-hard fan, all of us on boards like this are. However, it's ignorant to presuppose that the entire student section is comprised of people like us.

EatLeadCommie
11/28/2011, 03:09 AM
seems like all the game times except the RRS kind of sucked this year. Too many night games and then an 11am for ISU.

C&CDean
11/28/2011, 09:31 AM
Someone stole your kid's poncho and that makes those folks who go and cheer bad people? C'mon.

There's really no excuse for it. Students and regular fans alike. When we do all show up, we're quiet as a church mouse. Collectively speaking.

And yes, our away crowds are much more enthusiastic/rabid/loud/into the game/etc. than our home crowds. It's a fact.

Ton Loc
11/28/2011, 09:54 AM
Our fans on a whole have always been weak - that goes for just about every sport.

And you can't just blame the older generation for how quiet it is. Hell, at least they're usually there.
The students should be ashamed. They would be - if they weren't college kids.
Let's just blame the pansies that didn't show up.

Its a good thing we didn't go to the SEC or Big10- those crowds would have shamed us. We would have fit right in the PAC12.

badger
11/28/2011, 09:59 AM
Nah --- we have good football crowds. We have pretty good crowds at womens basketball also --- lots of retirees. The students are starting to catch onto the whole mens basketball thing too again.

I do think that OU should rethink its student section and move it to one of the endzones, but even if they don't, there should be some policies to get the stands as full as it is on Dad's Day weekend.

Hmmm... perhaps let the kids take their parents to games with them more often? :D

Ton Loc
11/28/2011, 10:15 AM
Nah --- we have good football crowds. We have pretty good crowds at womens basketball also --- lots of retirees. The students are starting to catch onto the whole mens basketball thing too again.

I do think that OU should rethink its student section and move it to one of the endzones, but even if they don't, there should be some policies to get the stands as full as it is on Dad's Day weekend.

Hmmm... perhaps let the kids take their parents to games with them more often? :D

You're too nice about this. We have good football fans under the right conditions.

The other sports need gimmicks to get people to the games. Which is fine because it accomplishes the first step in actually getting a crowd.
OU Football is past the gimmicks.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/28/2011, 05:10 PM

Hmmm... perhaps let the kids take their parents to games with them more often? :DI'd advocate moving it to the south endzone where the visitors now sit and moving the visitors to no man's land in the far NE Corner.

badger
11/28/2011, 05:15 PM
I'd advocate moving it to the south endzone where the visitors now sit and moving the visitors to no man's land in the far NE Corner.

A lot of schools already do this --- stick opponents in crazy-far corners and have an endzone be the "student section" endzone that the announcers inevitable point out after a quarter switch or a penalty or something. "Durr, they're deep in student territory now!"

You're too nice about this. We have good football fans under the right conditions

I know I'm too nice about this, but as the meltdown thread updater, I've seen what losing football does to fanbases... and my high school team barely ever won, so of course I think OU fans are great :)

soonervegas
11/28/2011, 05:33 PM

This is my mentality these days. Road games, bowls, and OU/Texas are infinitely more enjoyable than home games. I told my buddy this week I cannot think of a scenario where I will step back into Owen Field. I just don't enjoy home games outside of the tailgating.

I still don't think the lack of attendance this week can be solely attributed to butt hurt over the Baylor game. I just think it was a ho-hum game and other priorities won over.

OrlandoSooner
11/28/2011, 05:41 PM
It's six f'ing Saturdays a year. Students only have four (or five or six) years to watch OU games as a student. If you claim to be a fan, you should be there. I don't give a rip what time the game kicks off.

Go play intramurals Brother! Go play intramurals Brother!

OUstud
11/28/2011, 06:31 PM
All of you realize that the entire student section isn't comprised of mouth-breathing crazy ****ing forum surfing ou fans, right? Sometimes I think this board thinks every person in that stadium is a crazy *** dedicated fan. Plenty of no-care fans are in the student section. It sucks, but what do you expect? Doesn't matter, you can all go on and live in your dream world where every person with an ou tshirt on is a die hard and should be held to your holier than thou standards. I'm not saying it's bad to be a die-hard fan, all of us on boards like this are. However, it's ignorant to presuppose that the entire student section is comprised of people like us.

This. And it applies to the rest of the fans too, not just the students. It's poetic to think of the diehards going crazy, but in reality, some huge fans really would rather watch on TV instead of sit in the rain and wind for 4 hours.

BajaOklahoma
11/28/2011, 06:32 PM
We go to Waco for our games - it was shocking to actually see Baylor fans there this year. We usually outnumber them 2-1.

We sit in the South Endzone, my favorite spot to watch the plays develop. We've been so loud at each game, I have no clue it the ones around are quiet or loud.
Should we make 2012 the Year of the Loud Fan for each of the home games? Maybe we can start something.

C&CDean
11/28/2011, 07:39 PM
This. And it applies to the rest of the fans too, not just the students. It's poetic to think of the diehards going crazy, but in reality, some huge fans really would rather watch on TV instead of sit in the rain and wind for 4 hours.

Yeah, you sound like a really huge fan. Meh.

Not only do our fans suck, but they're also giant vajajays. Who knew?

OUstud
11/28/2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, you sound like a really huge fan. Meh.

Not only do our fans suck, but they're also giant vajajays. Who knew?

I never said I fit in that category. I'm just being realistic about fans in general, not just OU fans but fans of other schools/teams.

yankee
11/29/2011, 01:58 AM
You old people crack me up. How many empty seats did I see in the old people sections on Saturday? Probably thousands. Want better support? Start getting after the people in your own section. I got my *** up at 5:30 AM and drove some friends and myself from TX to Norman for the game. Over Thanksgiving break. For an 11 AM game. Against Iowa State. In crappy weather. But you don't see me complaining about the student support. I don't blame them for staying back. Me? The ONLY reason I was there was because it was my last home game as a student and I needed to see T-Lew, Ryan, Frank the Tank, and company one last time at Owen field. The game sucked, but I was just glad to be there. I don't know where life is going to take me after graduation and that might've been my last OU home game for a while. Gonna miss the place, despite the "suckiness" of our crowd.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/29/2011, 07:30 AM
You old people crack me up. How many empty seats did I see in the old people sections on Saturday? Probably thousands. Want better support? Start getting after the people in your own section. I got my *** up at 5:30 AM and drove some friends and myself from TX to Norman for the game. Over Thanksgiving break. For an 11 AM game. Against Iowa State. In crappy weather. But you don't see me complaining about the student support. I don't blame them for staying back. Me? The ONLY reason I was there was because it was my last home game as a student and I needed to see T-Lew, Ryan, Frank the Tank, and company one last time at Owen field. The game sucked, but I was just glad to be there. I don't know where life is going to take me after graduation and that might've been my last OU home game for a while. Gonna miss the place, despite the "suckiness" of our crowd.The reason the "old people" are bagging on the students is because to hear some of them tell it they come early, stay late, cheer like champions, never sit, no matter what. All while bitching about the other people in the stadium. Yes, there were empty seats throughout the stadium, but they were most visible in the corner of the student section.

You sound like a dedicated fan. That's awesome! Come back when you can!

fwsooner22
11/29/2011, 09:20 AM
We simply won too many home games. All of us are spoiled; we know or assume victory and that makes us complacent which allows us to make the decision to skip the games altogether. Yes, that makes us bad fans but it is also part of a process that eventually will put all of our butts back in seats.

sooner59
11/29/2011, 09:23 AM
The reason the "old people" are bagging on the students is because to hear some of them tell it they come early, stay late, cheer like champions, never sit, no matter what. All while bitching about the other people in the stadium. Yes, there were empty seats throughout the stadium, but they were most visible in the corner of the student section.

You sound like a dedicated fan. That's awesome! Come back when you can!

I'm not a student anymore, but some of us were actually like that. Would get there and wait on the gates to open 2 hours before, so we could get seats near the 50. Stayed until we took knees at the end so we could see the young guys and what the future held. Was packed in like sardines a lot because that big corner that was empty today is where nobody wants to sit, so closer to the 50, its packed shoulder to shoulder or chest to back sometimes. Not the case against Iowa State obviously. But there were a lot of us that were always there and frustrated when the place would start clearing out after halftime even though the game was still in doubt. And the noise level wasn't what it was for the average "meh" game back in 03/04.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 09:59 AM
It didn't used to be that way in the student section. I remember right after 2000 people having to leave the tailgate a couple hours early just to be able to get into the student section. It was jam-packed when I'd get there about a half-hour before kick-off. It ain't like that anymore.

Also, I openly admit the "old" fans are lamer than hell. GENERALLY SPEAKING. But hey, they've at least got an excuse. Maybe their Metamucil didn't kick in like it was supposed to, or maybe it kicked into overdrive.

The other very cogent point that was brought up above by fwsooner22 is spot on. As fans, we've become complacent/bored/entitled. There is very little spirit before the games outside the stadium (other than people being all excited about getting their durnk on), and very little during the game. Those that are saying our fans are fine are completely out of touch with fandom. The American judge gives us about a 5.5 on the 1-10 scale. GENERALLY SPEAKING.

TUSooner
11/29/2011, 10:16 AM
Everything about this thread is lame. It reminds me of a "forward this or you don't love Jesus" email. The OP is lame, the replies on either side are lame. The very subject matter is lame and the fact the OU fans are involved in something so lame is itself very lame. Hell, my post is lame. The whole ****ing thread is just plain wrong in every way. I feel like I just watched pigs copulate. I guess the pigs liked it, but it offered very little value for the rest on us.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 10:47 AM
I guess you've never seen hogs **** huh?

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 10:48 AM
OsU fans like watchin.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 10:55 AM
OsU fans like doin' it.

FIFY

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 10:56 AM
FIFY
HEH

oudanny
11/29/2011, 11:39 AM
Yes, our fans, students included, have become entitled and complacent. I've seen it before. Back in the '70s, the fans would get upset if we didn't win by 50 points. They (some students included) even booed the team when we lost to Kansas in '75. I attended the game the other night to show my appreciation for the seniors that have worked their butts off for the team and University. It was an ugly game with terrible weather and I can understand why some chose not to attend but it was disappointing to see so many empty seats.

On a different note, one thing that I think is missing is some kind of connection between the players and the fans. At some schools, after the game is over, the team will gather at the student section and sing the school song or lead the band. I know at away games our team will go to the OU section and wave and high-five with fans but there isn't much interaction at home games. Maybe something like that would help create a sense of togetherness.

TUSooner
11/29/2011, 11:51 AM

Well, there was this one girl in college who was rather.... but never mind.

And I suppose I do appreciate the end result - bacon, pork chops, tenderloin, cracklins, sausage, etc.

KABOOKIE
11/29/2011, 01:11 PM

Nope. But like this post you'd have to be stupid to give a ****.

TheresOnlyOne
11/29/2011, 01:37 PM
There was nobody there because our season is over. Not only did we lose to Baylor, but AT HOME to a 5-7 team. After the Tech game, most OU fans just said "hey we'll start givin a **** again next year" No need to hate on them, it's an affront to this coaching staff that keeps pukin down their damn shirt!

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 01:43 PM
Nope. But like this post you'd have to be stupid to give a ****.

Like this post?

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 01:43 PM
There was nobody there because our season is over. Not only did we lose to Baylor, but AT HOME to a 5-7 team. After the Tech game, most OU fans just said "hey we'll start givin a **** again next year" No need to hate on them, it's an affront to this coaching staff that keeps pukin down their damn shirt!

Or stupid like this one?

TheresOnlyOne
11/29/2011, 01:48 PM
Why is that stupid Dean? A lot of OU fans are pissed off.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 01:53 PM
Pissed off? Really? I'm upset our team hasn't played better, but I sure as hell ain't pissed.

It's kind of hard for a reasonable, sane person to be pissed when you have players die, get hurt, etc. It's hard when guys miss tackles, blow coverages multiple times in a game, create penalties, drop passes, and make errant throws all year. They're young people trying very hard. They make mistakes. Why be pissed?

Oh, you mean you need to blame the coaches for all our ills this year? Couldn't be something as simple as a lack of execution - or even talent? Go ahead on and be pissed if you must. You have a few others to keep you good company in your seething anger.

KABOOKIE
11/29/2011, 01:55 PM
Pissed off? Really? I'm upset our team hasn't played better, but I sure as hell ain't pissed.

It's kind of hard for a reasonable, sane person to be pissed when you have players die, get hurt, etc. It's hard when guys miss tackles, blow coverages multiple times in a game, create penalties, drop passes, and make errant throws all year. They're young people trying very hard. They make mistakes. Why be pissed?

Oh, you mean you need to blame the coaches for all our ills this year? Couldn't be something as simple as a lack of execution - or even talent? Go ahead on and be pissed if you must. You have a few others to keep you good company in your seething anger.

Like this post? :rolleyes:

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 01:57 PM
Like this post? :rolleyes:

No, like this one.

TheresOnlyOne
11/29/2011, 01:58 PM
Is it possible for college football fans to re-program their brains? Because thats what I need I think. I wish I wouldn't pay any attention to pre-season hype, rankings, expectations, etc.. I believe those things to be the focal cause of my exasperation and anger with OU football from USC on. It's like we carry around this illegitimate arrogance or swagger when we've really done nothing to back it up. So we've been champions of a two-team league more times than everybody else. So what?!! Sorry...the Baylor loss has really really done quite a number on me.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 02:02 PM
Is it possible for college football fans to re-program their brains? Because thats what I need I think. I wish I wouldn't pay any attention to pre-season hype, rankings, expectations, etc.. I believe those things to be the focal cause of my exasperation and anger with OU football from USC on. It's like we carry around this illegitimate arrogance or swagger when we've really done nothing to back it up. So we've been champions of a two-team league more times than everybody else. So what?!! Sorry...the Baylor loss has really really done quite a number on me.

Baylor shouldn't be the one that's bugging you, Tech should (if you're gonna let it be that way). We all got sucked in this year with the hype. We are still a very good football team who is capable of beating anyone - however, we're not the killers we all thought we were at the beginning of the year.

All that said, being pissed about it is counter-productive as hell. There is something that's missing in Norman and it's been missing for a while. It shows in our play on the field, our pathetic fans (the point of this thread), and everyone wanting to blame someone/something for everything. OU football hasn't been a lot of fun lately.

OUstud
11/29/2011, 02:39 PM
Well, it's hard not to be disappointed as a fan when players were openly saying national championship or bust before the season...

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 02:48 PM
Well, it's hard not to be disappointed as a fan when players were openly saying national championship or bust before the season...

Yup. All we saw/read was that Broyles and Lewis were coming back for a single reason: Win the NC. Broyles did say he wanted to get his degree, but the whole deal was like you said, championship or bust. Looks like a bust. Oh well, life goes on, and there's still plenty to play for. Beating the aglets and then winning a BCS bowl would sure dampen the blow a lot.

soonervegas
11/29/2011, 05:27 PM

Well that's just urinating against the wind with this coaching staff. :)

Dale Ellis
11/29/2011, 05:46 PM
OU student section sucks, last ones to show up, first ones to leave.

Eielson
11/29/2011, 06:05 PM
How many home games has our crowd lost us during the Stoops era?

joe4sooners
11/29/2011, 10:18 PM
Why is it somebody always calls out the students? Give them a break.

TanTanFeil
11/29/2011, 10:36 PM
Never would I miss an OU football game. Thanksgiving time with family in town, cold weather, rain, wind. I didn't care. I stayed the entire game too. Made me sick to see all those empty seats

mdklatt
11/29/2011, 10:37 PM
Why is it somebody always calls out the students?

Because they always bitch about the adults not being loud enough or standing for the entire game, and yet they don't show up until midway through the 2nd quarter for all the "early" games (not just this week) because it's just so hard to get up on time to roll your *** out of bed and walk 10 minutes to the stadium for an 11:00 kickoff?

We've all been in their shoes. We know all the excuses. If you think you have time-management pressures at 20, just wait.

Soonerus
11/29/2011, 10:38 PM
Everybody bitches at everybody when you underachieve...

Breadburner
11/29/2011, 10:38 PM
Yup. All we saw/read was that Broyles and Lewis were coming back for a single reason: Win the NC. Broyles did say he wanted to get his degree, but the whole deal was like you said, championship or bust. Looks like a bust. Oh well, life goes on, and there's still plenty to play for. Beating the aglets and then winning a BCS bowl would sure dampen the blow a lot.

That would make my year....!!!!!