PDA

View Full Version : Did T. Lewis make a mistake playing against FSU?

BoulderSooner79
11/26/2011, 11:21 PM
Travis has definitely played hampered this season, but I seems to be getting worse by the game. On a couple of plays against BU, Griffin made Lewis appear like he had cement shoes on. Sure Griffin is very fast, but Travis did not used to be that slow. On that interception today, he looked really slow (and darn that the TD got called back).

Sooo, does anyone think it was because he came back too soon in order to play at FSU? Clearly, I don't know his injury situation and it could well be he would have been hampered regardless of when he came back this season. But he came back 2-3 weeks earlier than the doctors predicted and he is clearly not even close to the player he has been the previous 3 years.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:24 PM
Possible...

llsooner7
11/27/2011, 04:52 AM
T. Lewis hasn't been the same all year. Hasn't really brought a lot to the table...he hasn't been a playmaker.

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 05:18 AM
Yea he's lost a step or two

cleller
11/27/2011, 08:33 AM
Looked like he should have handed off on his "TD". He can barely run, if you call that running.

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2011, 11:00 AM
I feel bad for the guy. He didn't suddenly forgot how to run or play football. He came back his senior year to help the team and it is going to cost him in the draft. I never thought he was a super star, but he was a solid player and he had wheels *and* he made big plays. Not much to show this year.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/27/2011, 11:23 AM
Not sure. I do know that DM7 look slow and stiff his last couple years and then he gets with the Cowgirls and looks like he did when he was a super frosh! T Lew did look terrible on what should have been a pick 6. T Lew's career started off great but will end not so much. I hope he has a great career in the nfl but I'll be glad when he hands this d over to Wort!

NormanPride
11/27/2011, 11:34 AM
I thought he looked about the same... maybe the fact that he's a step slower has exposed some of his poorer tendencies? I think he had more games this year where he wanted it. Last year he just kind of showed up sometimes...