PDA

View Full Version : I hope we never have a player at OU again, who...

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:00 PM
spends the time and energy Travis Lewis does begging the crowd to cheer for him...man I am tired of that routine...

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:22 PM
Unless I'm missing something more specific, it doesn't seem any different than any other defensive player at home trying to get the noise level higher to make it harder on the offense. Unless you're referring to something he does away from the camera, in that case...carry on.

rekamrettuB
11/26/2011, 10:27 PM
Ya we need more zombies on defense.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:27 PM
Yes, live and in person he is the worst and has been for a couple of years...just play, the crowd will respond appropriately...

Iam4OUru
11/26/2011, 10:32 PM
I agree with Rus. IMO, this and the "shark" bs has been an overall distraction.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:34 PM
Selmons did not do it, Boz did not, McCoy did not...nobody has ever done it as much as T. Lewis...kind of weird.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:35 PM
I have no idea what Lewis does (outside of what they show on TV) during the game, so I'll take rus' word for it.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:36 PM
Selmons did not do it, Boz did not, McCoy did not...nobody has ever done it as much as T. Lewis...kind of weird.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Boz may not have waived his arms around, but if you're looking for a guy that screamed "look at me", the Boz is the poster child.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:38 PM
Boz did it a little but he let his play do the talking...

Sooner Eclipse
11/26/2011, 10:40 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Boz may not have waived his arms around, but if you're looking for a guy that screamed "look at me", the Boz is the poster child.

Boz was "look at me" off the field. On the field, dude was all business.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:40 PM

There is no question he backed up his mouth on the field. When was the last time a linebacker came through the college ranks (not just OU) like Boz? I really can't think of one (that was so cocky and could back up every word of it)?

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:41 PM
Boz was "look at me" off the field. On the field, dude was all business.

I don't think it's mutually exclusive.

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 10:42 PM
Yes, live and in person he is the worst and has been for a couple of years...just play, the crowd will respond appropriately...

And yet, he will finish his career among the top in tackles.

The guy has every right to talk trash or to pump up the crowd. If his attitude upsets you, then stay home!

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 10:43 PM

Were you high in the 1980s?

Bozworth was a big time trash talker and a guy trying to get the crowd pumped up! He played with a bigger ego than Lewis!

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 10:44 PM

And Travis Lewis didnt?

Just face it, your being a racist...LOL

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:45 PM
As a Sooner fan (especially in the 80's), The Boz should be mandatory reading. I have no doubt that some of it is, at the very least, exaggerated, but it was a good insight to the Boz (vs Brian Bozworth).

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:46 PM
And Travis Lewis didnt?

Just face it, your being a racist...LOL

Why does Soonerus hate America? :D

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:46 PM
Boz did not expend ridiculous energy trying to get the crowd to cheer louder...T. Lewis is the oddest ever in that regard...

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:48 PM
Why does Soonerus hate America? :D

B.S., I sang the national anthem today when the singer dudes microphone went out....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/26/2011, 10:49 PM
When he does that, he's not just trying to get the crowd pumped, he's also trying to get the rest of the defense fired up. I'm gonna miss him.

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 10:50 PM
Boz did not expend ridiculous energy trying to get the crowd to cheer louder...T. Lewis is the oddest ever in that regard...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with players trying to get the old farts of the stadium loud! Maybe instead of attending the games while sitting on your hands, let the younger generation have the tickets and make some damn noise. Our crowds are some of the softest home crowds, especially when facing unranked teams!

As far as the Boz goes, the hell if he didn"t!!! I was a child of the 1980s...and he was the biggest player of my childhood. He was a big time cheerleader.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:53 PM
Bull, he has become somewhat of a joke. I think he has tried to play this full year injured and tried to compensate with cheer leading....he has been a great Sooner and will be missed, just not a great exit...

Blue
11/26/2011, 10:58 PM
...he has been a great Sooner and will be missed.

Agreed. And he loves OU. Come back anytime, Travis.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:01 PM
Travis has been great, so this is not dogging Travis generally, just his odd and somewhat annoying cheer leading...

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 11:18 PM
Bull, he has become somewhat of a joke. I think he has tried to play this full year injured and tried to compensate with cheer leading....he has been a great Sooner and will be missed, just not a great exit...

Damn....you dizzy yet?

You say you can't wait for him to leave and hope we don't see another one like him...yet you say he has been a great Sooner and will be missed.

Which is it Rus? Serious, just STFU!

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:22 PM
He has been a good player but his cheer leading routine has worn out...hard to understand ???

yermom
11/26/2011, 11:25 PM
i'm not sure i can disagree more.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:33 PM
i'm not sure i can disagree more.
Wait, we're you formally a male cheerleader ???

Peach Fuzz
11/26/2011, 11:35 PM
I see where you're going with this 'rus. HDTV sucks too, black and white was better.

Peach Fuzz
11/26/2011, 11:36 PM
Cam Newton was more humble anyway

LiveLaughLove
11/26/2011, 11:37 PM
I was at OU when the Boz was. Worst round of golf in my life was at that course in north Norman where they have the swimming pool (cant recall the name now), and the Boz was playing. A group told ours that he was 4 holes behind us, but you could hear him cussing and carrying on like a child the whole day. He was an obnoxious jerk, and I have never cared for him since as a person.

Having said that, one of the games against Miami he played his heart out and was all over the field. It was incredible. I always respected his play.

Can't speak to Lewis or this current batch, but I don't care for the wild hair and tattoos. It reminds me too much of the Boz. But then, I'm old and I know it. :)

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 11:39 PM
He has been a good player but his cheer leading routine has worn out...hard to understand ???

So the actual players shouldn't be cheering for their team or trying to get their home crowd into the game?

You're pathetic...seriously...STFU!

I am happy to have players like him trying to get the crowd involved....if we had less in the crowd like you and more like him, the place would be noisy all game long!

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:41 PM
An objective critique of an absolutely inane OU scene that is not defendable...but the zealots will continue to try...

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:43 PM
So the actual players shouldn't be cheering for their team or trying to get their home crowd into the game?

You're pathetic...seriously...STFU!

I am happy to have players like him trying to get the crowd involved....if we had less in the crowd like you and more like him, the place would be noisy all game long!

You do not understand...

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 11:44 PM
An objective critique of an absolutely inane OU scene that is not defendable...but the zealots will continue to try...

The guy tries to get the crowd into the game because if our old *** entitled crowd was to cheer too much we would need a bunch of first responders with oxygen, IVs, and defibrillators in the crowd!

What did he do to upset you? pull his pants down and prove he has a bigger dick than you or what? When he did that, did he do the helicopter?

OU_Sooners75
11/26/2011, 11:45 PM
You do not understand...

I understand perfectly. You want to see our players acting like our crowd....sitting on their hands when not on the field!

You don't understand. I love his passion for his team and the university and the crowd...too bad your are too pathetic and lame to appreciate it.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 11:50 PM
I think our crowds are great and we do not need prompting incessantly from a player, whomever it is....annoying...

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:33 AM
I think our crowds are great and we do not need prompting incessantly from a player, whomever it is....annoying...

Our crowds can be very lame at times...or should I say most of the time. There has been numerous times Stoops has asked the crowds to cheer better.

if you don't like a player trying to pump up the crowd...then quit going...or quit looking in their general direction.

Your stance on this is really stupid (to say it mildly).

yankee
11/27/2011, 12:35 AM
Ah, bitching about players trying to pump up the home crowd that everyone bitches about. Just when I thought I'd seen it all.

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:38 AM
Just excessive pumping...of course, most of you do not get it....

yankee
11/27/2011, 12:41 AM
I wonder if Rus was the guy my dad sat next to at the OU- aggy game. My dad said the guy wouldn't shut up with his negativity about everything OU, despite wearing OU gear.

FaninAma
11/27/2011, 12:41 AM
What a weird thing to let bother you.

Sooner_75
11/27/2011, 12:58 AM
Wow I am officially embarrased to visit this board. Just wow. Some fans make me wonder WTF. Guess Lewis could have paused set the ball down and gone back and tackled the ref that made the horrible block in the back call and then continued his pick 6 or maybe he was to busy trying to get an overly spoiled fan base fired up. I am including my self in the spoiled fan based, but you are just dumb. Today was a terrible crowd. The student section didn't show up at all.

picasso
11/27/2011, 01:01 AM
Rus is mad because Travis stole his haircut.

OUbasketball4life
11/27/2011, 01:08 AM
I have nothing but respect for Travis... can't believe a fan would not want his team or crowd to get in the game....but anyways Travis has done nothing but express his love for OU and I really respect that! I wish Travis the best at the next level

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2011, 01:23 AM
I see a lot of players do it and it gets on my nerves as well..Not necessarily him but any of them...especially when the offense is about to run a play..

agoo758
11/27/2011, 03:24 AM
I have nothing but respect for Travis... can't believe a fan would not want his team or crowd to get in the game.

When a player is underwhelming (to say the least) in relation to how much trash he talks, I can understand how that frustrates a fan.

EatLeadCommie
11/27/2011, 03:49 AM
I'm just glad he shaved that stupid shark. He should've done it after Taco Tech. At halftime.

rekamrettuB
11/27/2011, 08:36 AM
I agree with Rus. IMO, this and the "shark" bs has been an overall distraction.

Pumping up the crowd and getting a reaction from them also pumps up the players. This game is played with a lot of emotion. The "sharks" thing had this defense playing with attitude and playing well for a good part of the season. Very few were bitching about it when they were playing so well thru mid season. And those that did bitch about it, bitch about anything...like defensive players trying to get an advantage in their game.

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 08:46 AM
And yet, he will finish his career among the top in tackles.

The guy has every right to talk trash or to pump up the crowd. If his attitude upsets you, then stay home!

He would have have a hard time making the Sooner linebacker top 10...compared to other Sooner greats he had a fantastic freshman year (some past greats were not allowed to play 4 years)...the past three years he pales in comparison to the true great Sooner linebackers...

Chiliman
11/27/2011, 09:12 AM
When he does that, he's not just trying to get the crowd pumped, he's also trying to get the rest of the defense fired up. I'm gonna miss him.
Uhh, no he isn't. Travis has a great career but Travis is all about Travis.

kevpks
11/27/2011, 09:20 AM
They didn't give up a drive over 37 yards yesterday. Travis and the rest of the D can do whatever the hell they want out there when they're playing like that.

stoopified
11/27/2011, 09:33 AM
When he does that, he's not just trying to get the crowd pumped, he's also trying to get the rest of the defense fired up. I'm gonna miss him.Me too

Breadburner
11/27/2011, 10:02 AM
JAST.......

KABOOKIE
11/27/2011, 10:24 AM
Stupid thread is stupid.

cherokeebrewer
11/27/2011, 10:32 AM
Stupid thread is stupid.

Yes it is...

delhalew
11/27/2011, 10:54 AM
The only shame is that they don't all do it at the same time. The times I've seen the whole defense turn to the crowd, and try to get them to act like football fans, it has had quite an effect.

Flagstaffsooner
11/27/2011, 10:58 AM
You people must realize that Rus and 75 are 1st graders arguing on the playground.:topsy_turvy:

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 11:17 AM
When a player is underwhelming (to say the least) in relation to how much trash he talks, I can understand how that frustrates a fan.

Some people are just flat out stupid and ignorant like this guy!

The only thing Travis Lewis has done since being here has been break The Boz's freshman tackle record. Have the most INTs by a LB in OU history (tied), Lead OU in tackles every season he has played for OU. Not only this, but he has a passion for OU that is unmatched by any fan.

The guy may talk trash to the papers...but he definitely backs it up with is play. Not exactly sure what else people want from him.

You all don't want him to cheer on his team and pump up the crowd and you dont want him to talk. Next you all will not want him to tackle.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 11:18 AM
You people must realize that Rus and 75 are 1st graders arguing on the playground.:topsy_turvy:

And you are the Kindergarten ref. :watermelon:

soonerloyal
11/27/2011, 11:32 AM
Ah, bitching about players trying to pump up the home crowd that everyone bitches about. Just when I thought I'd seen it all.

This. Good Gawd, what some people find to fixate on just boggles the best minds. 'Rus, get a grip, hon.

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 11:38 AM
Some people are just flat out stupid and ignorant like this guy!

The only thing Travis Lewis has done since being here has been break The Boz's freshman tackle record. Have the most INTs by a LB in OU history (tied), Lead OU in tackles every season he has played for OU. Not only this, but he has a passion for OU that is unmatched by any fan.

The guy may talk trash to the papers...but he definitely backs it up with is play. Not exactly sure what else people want from him.

You all don't want him to cheer on his team and pump up the crowd and you dont want him to talk. Next you all will not want him to tackle.

No AA...1 1st Big 12 (Soph)....

He ain't a Rod Shoate (3 AA), Lehman (2), Calmus (2), Boz (2), Cumby (2), Hunt (2), McAdams (2)...or a group of others with 1 each...

He had a great freshman year and 3 solid years...he can't sniff the above groups jocks....

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 11:47 AM
No AA...1 1st Big 12 (Soph)....

He ain't a Rod Shoate (3 AA), Lehman (2), Calmus (2), Boz (2), Cumby (2), Hunt (2), McAdams (2)...or a group of others with 1 each...

He had a great freshman year and 3 solid years...he can't sniff the above groups jocks....

The guy is second in career tackles in the Stoops Era (coming into the season). The guy is a top 10 all time tackler in OU history (coming into the season).

You can have your opinion on the guy all you want...but his stat sheet says you have no damn clue what you are talking about!

yermom
11/27/2011, 11:52 AM
he's led the team in tackles for 4 years, hasn't he?

who is going to take his role as the leader of the defense next year?

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 11:55 AM
The guy is second in career tackles in the Stoops Era (coming into the season). The guy is a top 10 all time tackler in OU history (coming into the season).

You can have your opinion on the guy all you want...but his stat sheet says you have no damn clue what you are talking about!

He has never been an All American...he is a solid linebacker that had a great freshman year that got him a 2nd team All Conference and frosh of the year honors...1st team as a soph...2nd team AC last year....and probably the same this year...he cannot compete with the class of Sooner linebackers....

Always_Sooner
11/27/2011, 12:09 PM
I was going to Jaz that always seems to get into trouble.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:14 PM
He has never been an All American...he is a solid linebacker that had a great freshman year that got him a 2nd team All Conference and frosh of the year honors...1st team as a soph...2nd team AC last year....and probably the same this year...he cannot compete with the class of Sooner linebackers....

So because he hasn't had the accolades as some others mean he isn't as good enough, though his play on the field suggests otherwise, right?

Was he not a Freshman AA?

That said....

Career INT leader for a LB (OU School record tied)
Second leading tackler in Stoops tenure (coming into season)
Top 10 tackler in OU history (coming into season).

What else do you want the guy to do? his job is to make tackles and he does!

The award voters are not in his control. All that is in his control is what he does on the field.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2011, 12:15 PM
The guy tries to get the crowd into the game because if our old *** entitled crowd was to cheer too much we would need a bunch of first responders with oxygen, IVs, and defibrillators in the crowd!

I want to address this statement that I hear so often about our home crowd.

This is one of the more tradition-rich and long lasting, successful programs in the country. Our old, entitled crowd fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, supported OU throughout those decades and are now at the age where even getting to the game is a challenge...yet, they continue to make it, continue to love the team and spend the $$$ to prove their loyalty. These folks supported Bud and Barry and now Bob, and also stayed through the Blake.

Every game the athletic department honors an old, entitled donor that has been going to OU games continuously longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive. My 80 yo father has had season tickets for 45 years, yet he isn't even close to the longevity of some of these impressive fans.

Their support has built the improvements to the stadium, as well as other athletic facilities around town. They spend much more than face value for their football tickets, willingly.

When they were young, they didn't have message boards to complain on, they just kept coming to the games and probably stood and cheered much louder than they do now...or are even capable of.

Give me a stadium full of sold-out, dedicated, loyal blue hairs over a stadium full of WalMart trailer kings and queens like you see in Stooly, Baton Rouge and Morgantown any day.

Sure, our house could be louder and throw water bottles. Perhaps it will very soon. Until then, I will enjoy seeing these familiar older faces around me until one Saturday I'll realize they aren't there any longer.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:19 PM
I want to address this statement that I hear so often about our home crowd.

This is one of the more tradition-rich and long lasting, successful programs in the country. Our old, entitled crowd fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, supported OU throughout those decades and are now at the age where even getting to the game is a challenge...yet, they continue to make it, continue to love the team and spend the $$$ to prove their loyalty. These folks supported Bud and Barry and now Bob, and also stayed through the Blake.

Every game the athletic department honors an old, entitled donor that has been going to OU games continuously longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive. My 80 yo father has had season tickets for 45 years, yet he isn't even close to the longevity of some of these impressive fans.

Their support has built the improvements to the stadium, as well as other athletic facilities around town. They spend much more than face value for their football tickets, willingly.

When they were young, they didn't have message boards to complain on, they just kept coming to the games and probably stood and cheered much louder than they do now...or are even capable of.

Give me a stadium full of sold-out, dedicated, loyal blue hairs over a stadium full of WalMart trailer kings and queens like you see in Stooly, Baton Rouge and Morgantown any day.

Sure, our house could be louder and throw water bottles. Perhaps it will very soon. Until then, I will enjoy seeing these familiar older faces around me until one Saturday I'll realize they aren't there any longer.

I love going to games only to hear the old farts around me to be quite (cheering loudly not being negative) and telling me to sit down.

Sorry, didn't pay the same price as your ticket to be told to sit down.

If the older generation can't stand up or cheer loudly, then stay home and donate the money to OU instead.

This has nothing to do with who fought for this country or not. It has to do with a sport. I appreciate all the old timer fans...but there have been times when you can hear a pin drop. There has also been times when they are the first to leave the game when OU is losing.

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 12:21 PM
So because he hasn't had the accolades as some others mean he isn't as good enough, though his play on the field suggests otherwise, right?

Was he not a Freshman AA?

That said....

Career INT leader for a LB (OU School record tied)
Second leading tackler in Stoops tenure (coming into season)
Top 10 tackler in OU history (coming into season).

What else do you want the guy to do? his job is to make tackles and he does!

The award voters are not in his control. All that is in his control is what he does on the field.

I say he is a solid linebacker...you say he is great....

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 12:23 PM
I love going to games only to hear the old farts around me to be quite (cheering loudly not being negative) and telling me to sit down.

Sorry, didn't pay the same price as your ticket to be told to sit down.

If the older generation can't stand up or cheer loudly, then stay home and donate the money to OU instead.

This has nothing to do with who fought for this country or not. It has to do with a sport. I appreciate all the old timer fans...but there have been times when you can hear a pin drop. There has also been times when they are the first to leave the game when OU is losing.

Screw you for your old fart comments...I am 57 and there is no one that cheers any louder than I....

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:25 PM
It is amazing to me some of the old codgers can get to the stadium and climb the steps...they are really dedicated...

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2011, 12:25 PM
You don't seem to be the type to get intimidated by others, much less oldsters.

Oldsters (or you, for that matter) standing up and cheering loudly does nothing towards putting points on the board.

You complaining about them being quiet is exactly the same thing as them complaining about you being loud.

You want to be loud, brother...go for it! I just don't see why you have to condemn others for how they choose to enjoy the game.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:28 PM
I say he is a solid linebacker...you say he is great....

Where did I say he was great? I simply say he is better than you are trying to say he is. You obviously think being an AA is what makes you great and not the play on the field.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2011, 12:30 PM
It is amazing to me some of the old codgers can get to the stadium and climb the steps...they are really dedicated...

There is an older fella in my section (32) that needs help from his wife to get down the steps at the end of every game. It has been that way for a few years now, and most everyone that is near the aisle realizes he his coming and sort of gets ready to catch him, should he fall. The people held up behind him are always incredibly respectful and patient and this little scenario has become almost a game tradition for me, watching him as he overcomes. I'll miss this dude when he's gone.

The stadium is quiet on offense and loud on defense. Seems about right to me.

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 12:31 PM
Where did I say he was great? I simply say he is better than you are trying to say he is. You obviously think being an AA is what makes you great and not the play on the field.

Great play is what gets you AA...

He is not near the caliber linebacker as this list...Rod Shoate, Lehman, Calmus, Boz, Cumby, Hunt, McAdams...

Not even close...

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:31 PM
You don't seem to be the type to get intimidated by others, much less oldsters.

Oldsters (or you, for that matter) standing up and cheering loudly does nothing towards putting points on the board.

You complaining about them being quiet is exactly the same thing as them complaining about you being loud.

You want to be loud, brother...go for it! I just don't see why you have to condemn others for how they choose to enjoy the game.

I am not complaining about them being quite. I am complaining about them sitting on their hands when the team needs the that noise.

The stadium would be 10 times louder if the old folks got up and made a little bit of noise when the rest of the stadium is making the noise.

There is plenty of times during a game I will sit there and watch the game not say a word. But when it comes evident that the team could use the noise to pump some extra blood into them, then I will get noisy. There are plenty around me that don't and to me, that is sickening.

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 12:33 PM
There is one reason, and one reason only, that he is in the statistical discussion...he played as a freshman...

cherokeebrewer
11/27/2011, 12:34 PM
The thing about growing old: If you live long enough, you too will be old...

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:36 PM
Great play is what gets you AA...

He is not near the caliber linebacker as this list...Rod Shoate, Lehman, Calmus, Boz, Cumby, Hunt, McAdams...

Not even close...

Obviously he is on the same level. Hell, he broke some of Boz's records. Hmmmmm

I guess the O'Brien award tells us who the best QBs truly are. I guess the Heisman tells us who the best players truly are. I guess any award that is voted on by people tells us who the best are.

I admire your stance...but you cannot be further incorrect. Lewis may not be the greatest LB in OU history (and I am not saying he is) but to say he does not belong in the top 10 is inaccurate. He has earned that right by his play on the field.

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:36 PM
I think crowd noise is overrated...if it were so important no team would ever win on the road...the play on the field is now and will always be the most important factor...

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:37 PM
There is one reason, and one reason only, that he is in the statistical discussion...he played as a freshman...

So did Bozworth. So did Lehman (if memory serves correctly). So did Alexander, so did plenty of others.

Soonerus
I don't think T. Lewis is on the top 10 of OU linebackers, not even close...

OU_Sooners75
I think crowd noise is overrated...if it were so important no team would ever win on the road...the play on the field is now and will always be the most important factor...

Good god...you are great at stating the obvious!

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2011, 12:38 PM
I am not complaining about them being quite. I am complaining about them sitting on their hands when the team needs the that noise.

The stadium would be 10 times louder if the old folks got up and made a little bit of noise when the rest of the stadium is making the noise.

There is plenty of times during a game I will sit there and watch the game not say a word. But when it comes evident that the team could use the noise to pump some extra blood into them, then I will get noisy. There are plenty around me that don't and to me, that is sickening.

Well, I respect your opinion and agree it is a fun place when the crowd is into the game.

But I am there to watch a sporting event, not evaluate the spectators' role in the outcome of said event, therefore it will remain my opinion that others can do whatever they damnwell please, since they purchased a ticket, same as I did.

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:38 PM
I don't think T. Lewis is on the top 10 of OU linebackers, not even close...

Yeah, and you hate the fact that he cheers on his team and tries to pump up the crowd...your opinion on T.Lewis is void!

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:39 PM
Well, I respect your opinion and agree it is a fun place when the crowd is into the game.

But I am there to watch a sporting event, not evaluate the spectators' role in the outcome of said event, therefore it will remain my opinion that others can do whatever they damnwell please, since they purchased a ticket, same as I did.

My point of view as well...hence the reason I said I spent the same on a ticket as those around me. LOL

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, and you hate the fact that he cheers on his team and tries to pump up the crowd...your opinion on T.Lewis is void!

I think he is a good player with some annoying quirks...

rekamrettuB
11/27/2011, 12:41 PM

You must not like some of the coaches either, Stoops included, who try to entice the crowd to be loud.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2011, 12:43 PM
My point of view as well...hence the reason I said I spent the same on a ticket as those around me. LOL

Exactly. So why let them bother you?

Yell your assoff.

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:43 PM
You must not like some of the coaches either, Stoops included, who try to entice the crowd to be loud.

Stoops has very,very rarely ever signaled for crowd noise, some of the other coaches do tho'

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:44 PM

And you hope that OU never has a player like him again.

Just look at the OP...you can try to spin the OP, but it is what it is. You are the one that is getting dizzy when talking about T.Lewis....

Look man, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

One hand you say that you hope OU never has another player like T. Lewis...on the other you say he is a good player with some quirks.

Which is it? Do you want a good player with quirks or do you not want his type of players?

I would much rather have a bunch of T. Lewis' on the defense than a bunch of Blake Gideons (DB Texas).

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:45 PM
I hope we have lots of players as good as Lewis, just none that act weird...

OU_Sooners75
11/27/2011, 12:47 PM
I hope we have lots of players as good as Lewis, just none that act weird...

I am guessing you hate to have fun and sit there talk monotone and cannot smile about anything.

rekamrettuB
11/27/2011, 01:04 PM
Stoops has very,very rarely ever signaled for crowd noise, some of the other coaches do tho'

Stoops just calls the crowd out in pregame pressers so I guess that's different since it isn't happening during the game? You are losing this battle and need to eject soon.

AlboSooner
11/27/2011, 02:05 PM
spends the time and energy Travis Lewis does begging the crowd to cheer for him...man I am tired of that routine...

Do you even go to the games that often? I always see you in the game thread.

FtwTxSooner
11/27/2011, 02:20 PM
A&M's fanbase is probably one of the best in making noise. That team hasn't done much in the way of winning this past decade.

Neath a Western Sky
11/27/2011, 02:20 PM

If he was as big a playmaker during the plays as he is before and after them, he would be as good as we all that he would be after his great redshirt freshman year.

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 02:32 PM
Do you even go to the games that often? I always see you in the game thread.

I am at all of the home games, bowl games and some away games...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/27/2011, 02:45 PM
After T-Lew's touchdown was called back, I wondered why we don't put him in on offense.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 03:13 PM
There is an older fella in my section (32) that needs help from his wife to get down the steps at the end of every game. It has been that way for a few years now, and most everyone that is near the aisle realizes he his coming and sort of gets ready to catch him, should he fall. The people held up behind him are always incredibly respectful and patient and this little scenario has become almost a game tradition for me, watching him as he overcomes. I'll miss this dude when he's gone.

The stadium is quiet on offense and loud on defense. Seems about right to me.Cool Story.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 03:15 PM

Indeed.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 03:18 PM
He has earned that right by his play on the field.

He's Venables Guy. You know....the guy you want fired.

Johnny Utah
11/27/2011, 03:18 PM
FWIW, Lewis' behavior is pretty typical in the SEC (as if they needed any help getting their crowds into the game) :-]

Peach Fuzz
11/27/2011, 03:43 PM
He's Venables Guy. You know....the guy you want fired.

Dumb argument.

Sooner_Tuf
11/28/2011, 03:57 AM
Rus I'm going to give you some advice that most of us figure out when we are about four years old. If you don't like looking at something then don't look at it. Do you stare at fat chicks? Don't answer that on second thought.

T-Lewis will be looked on as one of the best linebackers we have ever had as he should be. He's a great player, team leader, and a crowd pleaser. He is a great Sooner on and off the field.

There is no rational argument against all of this.

MamaMia
11/28/2011, 07:06 AM

Travis has been great, so this is not dogging Travis generally, just his odd and somewhat annoying cheer leading...

Just excessive pumping...of course, most of you do not get it....

I hope we have lots of players as good as Lewis, just none that act weird... You really should talk to Travis about that excessiveness issue.

mojorisen2014
11/28/2011, 11:22 PM
my dad can beat up all of you peoples dads

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2011, 11:42 PM
You really should talk to Travis about that excessiveness issue.

Post of the day, Mama. :biggrin:

OU_Sooners75
11/28/2011, 11:53 PM
Dumb argument.

Not when you consider the source. :gary:

cleller
11/29/2011, 09:13 AM
When it gets down to it, I think Travis is a fine guy. I'd have him over to dinner any time. Sometimes his brand of motivation irks me some, but that's just him. There's no doubt he has some natural born leader in him, because he's confident. His play has not been the best this year, probably due to the toe/foot thing, he wants to win, though.

rekamrettuB
11/29/2011, 10:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whytAReStUQ&feature=related

SoonerAtKU
11/29/2011, 10:24 AM
Hey, he's still building up a head of steam to take on Nate Hybl. Cut the guy some slack.

OUInformant
11/29/2011, 11:10 AM
Travis was a great player for OU. I think coaching is the problem, not the players, i.e., unless the coaches don't recruit well.

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 11:21 AM
Travis was a great player for OU. I think coaching is the problem, not the players, i.e., unless the coaches don't recruit well.

Make it stop dear lord, make it stop.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 11:24 AM
Just watching the replay this morning. Not one of the best games of Travis Lewis' Career. 3 Tackles one INT. Again the stand outs were Jefferson, Alexander, Colvin, Nelson and Wort

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 11:34 AM
Dumb argument.

Except that everyone but you understand that Venables is who develops every Linebacker that OU has on Defense. I'm not gonna continue you argue much about things that are really obvious. If you think it's dumb most of us can put you and a few others on this board on ignore pretty soon. There's two more Games and Brent is gonna leave Travis in for them as he's a Senior that lit it up his Freshman Year and has been able to take over for Austin Box who was out for various reasons I would think most of us know about. Maybe not you of course that's probably dumb too.

The Maestro
11/29/2011, 11:47 AM
I like a lot of posters in this thread. But I tend to agree with Rus and there is a reason why.

Martin Chase.

He used to ALWAYS spend every play before the snap waiving his arms for the crowd to make noise. After awhile of watching the defense get burned, I figured, "Hell! Make a play and we'll go nuts!" Never saw Roy Williams, Rocky Calmus, Tommie Harris and others having to do this. But in a season where OU has surrendered their two worst performances, yards gained wised, in school history, time to put the arms down and make a play.

I want our players to have energy and I enjoy Travis's energy. I don't necessarily enjoy his performance, especially on crossing routes, as much.

I get both sides, but OU doesn't have the rowdiest crowd, but they are a fairly smart crowd when it comes to football. Make plays and we go nuts. Have Taco Tech go through us like a dose of Ex Lax through Rhue McLanahan and the crowd might not respond to directions to cheer from the guys getting burned.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 12:01 PM
I like a lot of posters in this thread. But I tend to agree with Rus and there is a reason why.

Martin Chase.

He used to ALWAYS spend every play before the snap waiving his arms for the crowd to make noise. After awhile of watching the defense get burned, I figured, "Hell! Make a play and we'll go nuts!" Never saw Roy Williams, Rocky Calmus, Tommie Harris and others having to do this. But in a season where OU has surrendered their two worst performances, yards gained wised, in school history, time to put the arms down and make a play.

I want our players to have energy and I enjoy Travis's energy. I don't necessarily enjoy his performance, especially on crossing routes, as much.

I get both sides, but OU doesn't have the rowdiest crowd, but they are a fairly smart crowd when it comes to football. Make plays and we go nuts. Have Taco Tech go through us like a dose of Ex Lax through Rhue McLanahan and the crowd might not respond to directions to cheer from the guys getting burned.

On those crossing route's....I can only venture a guess but I think it's why the cheerleading is bothering a good portion of us. I think that it's because Venables and Travis have locked onto the whole Travis is the Leader on Defense thing. When Travis is out there he is more locked onto making sure he does his job as leader instead of playing lights out all the time. When he get's in those routes his mind thinks "I have to stop this." instead of doing his job as LB and letting his team mates do their job. He ends up locking up and really hurting us. Like JKM has pointed out....he takes plays off and it's like he's trying to put it all together out there or something. I'm just not sure he was up to the job this year after getting hurt.

I don't think he sucks....he's just having a tough time and it's hurting our Defense. He still makes the occasional great play.

TheresOnlyOne
11/29/2011, 01:47 PM
I got more of a problem with every game lead-in being a shot of Lewis telling the defense how everyone fears OU. No they don't......in the words of Hannibal Lecter "not anymorrrrre"

Seamus
11/29/2011, 02:11 PM

Bwa ... Bwaa ... BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That, dear readers, was the living embodiment of the word "owned."

soonerinbixby
11/30/2011, 10:29 AM
He is trying to get our lame crowd to stand up and make some noise. I was told to sit down 3 times Saturday. I just laughed at this person and told them I wasn't at church and I can make some noise if I want. I also told him to stay home like about 30,000 other OU fans did. Why is our fan base so lame? Is it because the average season ticket holder is older or are we that spoiled? I mean we win Saturday and we are Big 12 champs. Some people act like this has been the worst season in the history of OU football.

primetime43
11/30/2011, 10:50 AM
this is why when they come out with the most intimidating places to play we never see Oklahoma on the list.

Johnny Utah
12/3/2011, 05:08 PM
Watching the UGA vs LSU game? Players both on and off the field are working the crowd. IMO it adds to the excitement of college football.