PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech...

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 08:45 PM
Watching the Baylor/Tech game, and remembering how cheap Tech players are (I know that's not the reason we lost). RG3 just got knocked out by a vicious blow...Tech makes me sick.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 08:47 PM
RG3 just came back in the game...not sure how, the kid looked like he got knocked out.

Peach Fuzz
11/26/2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah that was ridiculous

sooner59
11/26/2011, 08:59 PM
And also the one where they blew the play dead because of a false start and the Tech defender kept going and dove at RG3's legs and cut him down.

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 09:03 PM
I get tired of every time Griffin gets hit he comes up crying for flag....maybe he is ready for the NFL.

I still feel that if you are known as a running QB and you go down 1 yard in front of a defender you deserve whatever happens. Griffin is not known to "give himself up" and if you do you have to allow the defender time to adjust to the play, Griffin did not in the particular play.

My wife doesn't know if Randy Cristal ever officiated basketball (she only did football) but I could've sworn he called a technical against Tubberville, I guess his name was too close to Tubbs for an official to resist calling one.

bringit
11/26/2011, 09:03 PM
RG3 is a good actor

Petro-Sooner
11/26/2011, 09:37 PM
I'd like to watch but Dave lapin annoys me way too much.

Sooner70
11/26/2011, 09:43 PM
Just tuned in. Why is RG3 out?

Whet
11/26/2011, 09:54 PM
see above about hit to the head

agoo758
11/26/2011, 10:11 PM
You got former SEC trash coaching them these days. What did you expect?

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:15 PM
I get tired of every time Griffin gets hit he comes up crying for flag....maybe he is ready for the NFL.

I still feel that if you are known as a running QB and you go down 1 yard in front of a defender you deserve whatever happens. Griffin is not known to "give himself up" and if you do you have to allow the defender time to adjust to the play, Griffin did not in the particular play.

My wife doesn't know if Randy Cristal ever officiated basketball (she only did football) but I could've sworn he called a technical against Tubberville, I guess his name was too close to Tubbs for an official to resist calling one.

I agree with this, however, the hit (that knocked him out of this game) was borderline legal at best. The defender lowered his helmet and took a deliberate head shot as Griffin was sliding out of bounds. I agree, for the most part, that if a QB waits until the defender is right on top of him before going down, he gets what's coming to him. But, in this case, I think it was a cheap shot that could have been avoided.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:17 PM
Oh, and after watching Tech's constant holding every game, I think they are cheap anyway.

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 10:22 PM
I agree with this, however, the hit (that knocked him out of this game) was borderline legal at best. The defender lowered his helmet and took a deliberate head shot as Griffin was sliding out of bounds. I agree, for the most part, that if a QB waits until the defender is right on top of him before going down, he gets what's coming to him. But, in this case, I think it was a cheap shot that could have been avoided.
I think the defender was going after his legs, it looked to me like his head was down (poor tackling technique) well before Griffin went into his slide. As Lapham said numerous time, it was the head slapping the turf that knocked him and Gannaway out (temporarily), not the player hit.

Oh, and after watching Tech's constant holding every game, I think they are cheap anyway.
They don't call holding in any game anymore against anyone.

BlownGP
11/26/2011, 10:22 PM
nevermind..

soonercastor
11/26/2011, 10:23 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/94574/1/watch-%2818%29-baylor-vs-texas-tech-.html

8timechamps
any online streams?

Not sure. It's on a local network here in Denver (Root Sports)...I think it's a Fox regional affiliate.

oumartin
excuses aplenty around here.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:25 PM
I think the defender was going after his legs, it looked to me like his head was down (poor tackling technique) well before Griffin went into his slide. As Lapham said numerous time, it was the head slapping the turf that knocked him and Gannaway out (temporarily), not the player hit.

They don't call holding in any game anymore against anyone.

Agree to disagree (mostly because I can't stand Tech, and really don't like Lapham). :)

BlownGP
11/26/2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys. I forgot I do have FSN..

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:26 PM
excuses aplenty around here.

It's official, you are a troll. Can't help yourself, can you?

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 10:27 PM
Not sure. It's on a local network here in Denver (Root Sports)...I think it's a Fox regional affiliate.
Yep, ROOT is the Fox RSN up there...since I am back in Austin for the weekend I have it on FSN-SW. I am ready to get my Directv up there, my friends Xfinity blows.

Agree to disagree (mostly because I can't stand Tech, and really don't like Lapham). :)
My wife is a Tech alum....so, well, ya know.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:29 PM
Yep, ROOT is the Fox RSN up there...since I am back in Austin for the weekend I have it on FSN-SW. I am ready to get my Directv up there, my friends Xfinity blows.

My wife is a Tech alum....so, well, ya know.

Well, you're in an entirely different situation. My gf doens't watch football, so I'm free to hate any team :). And yes, Xfinity does blow.

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 10:35 PM
Well, you're in an entirely different situation. My gf doens't watch football, so I'm free to hate any team :). And yes, Xfinity does blow.
My wife is the one that suggested we get NFL Sunday Ticket, didn't take me long to order it after that. She used to officiate football here in Austin and worked some Cowboys scrimmages with Cristal and Bible, she doesn't like Cristal very much.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:38 PM
My wife is the one that suggested we get NFL Sunday Ticket, didn't take me long to order it after that. She used to officiate football here in Austin and worked some Cowboys scrimmages with Cristal and Bible, she doesn't like Cristal very much.

So you have a wife that really knows football...rare combination. I read an article that chronicled a weekend with Bible, seemed like a pretty good official. Although, your wife would probably know better.

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 10:48 PM
She was the first female football official in the Austin district, she thought Bible was pretty good and was respectful of her on the field. He did work in the NFL for a few seasons, she never really knew why he was back doing college games and no one ever discussed it.

Randy Cristal said that he would not have a female working "his" field so she was relegated to the chain gang during that scrimmage.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:53 PM
She was the first female football official in the Austin district, she thought Bible was pretty good and was respectful of her on the field. He did work in the NFL for a few seasons, she never really knew why he was back doing college games and no one ever discussed it.

Randy Cristal said that he would not have a female working "his" field so she was relegated to the chain gang during that scrimmage.

Yeah, leaving the NFL to come back to college seems like a step down for an official...the story behind that would be interesting.

Cristal is a moron. His mentality clearly shows that. I could care less about the gender of the official, so long as they do their job.

SicEmBaylor
11/26/2011, 11:24 PM
That game was brutal.

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 03:16 AM
That game was brutal.

Tell me about it. We lost to both teams. Sucks really sucks.

EatLeadCommie
11/27/2011, 03:51 AM
That "targeting" foul against TT was BS. Should not have been called at all. Face it. Football these days is about who has the biggest vajayjay sometimes.

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 05:16 AM
That "targeting" foul against TT was BS. Should not have been called at all. Face it. Football these days is about who has the biggest vajayjay sometimes.

It's all part of the woosification of America. It's like the French have taken over or something