PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stoops To.....

Stooper
11/26/2011, 07:44 PM
Traber said on the pre game today that Mike Stoops had been offered the FAU Head Coaching job by Schnelly. Traber also said that Mike had been contacted by Urban Meyer about Ohio State Defensive Coordinator job. Has anyone else heard this? I sure was hoping he would come back to us in some capacity.

Breadburner
11/26/2011, 07:46 PM
I heard he will not be back at OU.....His descison......

swardboy
11/26/2011, 07:48 PM
I think the high profile DC job would be a very nice landing place for Mike if true.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 07:48 PM
I read this morning that the FAU job was "rumored" to be an option. He's probably going to have a good sized list of options, both for HC and DC.

Soonermagik
11/26/2011, 08:41 PM
I think he would be a good fit with Ohio State under Meyer.

Sooner91ATL
11/26/2011, 08:46 PM
venables never leaving unless he gets good HC gig. Not looking likely with D rankings in bottom 50 since he took over.

sooner59
11/26/2011, 09:02 PM
One website is saying that multiple sources close to Stoops say that despite other offers, Mike is locked in with Urban at tOSU. Stoops is going home to Ohio, looks like. Also, tOSU is about to get scary good. They are about to start dominating that league again...but this time it may be far more dominating.

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 09:07 PM
Maybe Mike realized what Gary Gibbs did, they are a better Defensive Coordinator than they are Head Coach. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, some people are better Head Coaches than Coordinators and others are not, the demands of Head Coach is not something all deal with well.

picasso
11/26/2011, 09:08 PM
Maybe Mike realized what Gary Gibbs did, they are a better Defensive Coordinator than they are Head Coach. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, some people are better Head Coaches than Coordinators and others are not, the demands of Head Coach is not something all deal with well.
He picked the wrong school. Arizona will always be a butt pimple.

I kinda like the thought of him at Ohio State, cussing out everybody.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/26/2011, 09:18 PM
I get it..
I understand all the circumstances.

But man...If Mike is gonna be a DC..I sure am disappointed it wont be for OU

oumartin
11/26/2011, 09:25 PM
why on earth would we want mike back. we got Brent

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 09:31 PM
He picked the wrong school. Arizona will always be a butt pimple.
I can't argue with that one....

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 10:50 PM
One website is saying that multiple sources close to Stoops say that despite other offers, Mike is locked in with Urban at tOSU. Stoops is going home to Ohio, looks like. Also, tOSU is about to get scary good. They are about to start dominating that league again...but this time it may be far more dominating.

I think tOSU is going to struggle. Once the NCAA wraps up their investigation, there is surely going to be a stiff punishment handed down. With Michigan on the rise, and seeing how they compete for a lot of recruits, it would seem that tOSU will have trouble landing the top tier players they have grown accustomed to signing. The Penn State situation may help them a little, but I think Meyer is going to have to be ready for several years of mediocrity. Plus, he doesn't have Tebow. :)

MO_Sooner
11/26/2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?160878-Stoops-Fired!&p=3368523&highlight=#post3368523

Post #20....I called it!!

swardboy
11/26/2011, 11:05 PM
Well, no great love for tOSU here, but kudos to them for assembling a great coaching staff despite the sanctions coming their way. I like that spirit.

jkjsooner
11/26/2011, 11:33 PM

At this point, I'd love to see Ohio State or even USC or Miami dominate college football. Anything but this SEC BS we've had recently.

I'm sure in a few years I'll signing a different tune.

sooner59
11/26/2011, 11:36 PM
I think tOSU is going to struggle. Once the NCAA wraps up their investigation, there is surely going to be a stiff punishment handed down. With Michigan on the rise, and seeing how they compete for a lot of recruits, it would seem that tOSU will have trouble landing the top tier players they have grown accustomed to signing. The Penn State situation may help them a little, but I think Meyer is going to have to be ready for several years of mediocrity. Plus, he doesn't have Tebow. :)

I would tend to agree but no other team in the B1G has proven to reload every year. Wisconsin and Michigan State will need to replace Wilson and Cousins. Nebraska isn't a world beater. Penn State deal of course. Michigan having its best year in a LONG time. Will they continue after Denard Robinson is gone? Even with other sanctions, players will flock to Urban and tOSU. Plus tOSU nearly beat Michigan this year and they are only 6-6. First time in 7 years Michigan has won and it barely happened against a 6-6 team. tOSU has ruled that conference. Until proven, I don't see anyone taking their place...unless the NCAA hammers them hard. And I don't see that happening either.

CBUS_SOONER
11/27/2011, 07:51 AM
I heard he is locked in with meyer going to tosu:(

pphilfran
11/27/2011, 08:15 AM
My predictions..

Urban won't last 4 years....

Stoops woul do fine as a DC with the Buckeyes...he won't be back at OU...he needs to make his own path to success and working under Bob a second time will not help...

cleller
11/27/2011, 08:32 AM
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/mad-as-hell.jpg

soonercoop1
11/27/2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe BV can go to tOSU and Mike can come back...would be a great move especially if he markedly improves the D at OU...

SoonerKnight
11/27/2011, 11:40 AM
And maybe if I wish hard enough a millions dollars will appear out of no where!!! I love this game!