PDA

View Full Version : T. Jefferson the "Tackle Machine"

SoonerMarkVA
11/26/2011, 03:38 PM
Jefferson's efficiency in tackling is a textbook thing of beauty. He's like a machine. I hope they start having him coach tackling fundamentals for the rest of the team.

tulsaoilerfan
11/26/2011, 04:39 PM
He played well today fo sho

SoonerorLater
11/26/2011, 04:46 PM
Glad to see Tony J back in the groove. It looked like he took off the middle of the season off. Maybe it was because he was a little banged up but today he looked like the difference maker he can be.

cvsooner
11/26/2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah, he's the guy in the flat who moved out of position on RGIII's 22 yard scramble last week. Otherwise he's played well much of the season.

SoonerMarkVA
11/26/2011, 08:41 PM
I'm referring to more fundamental aspects than whether he's playing his position well, specifically. I'm saying, when TJ moves in space toward the runner, his tackling is impeccable. He moves quickly, but under full control--not like a missile. He also doesn't hesitate, or try to wait on a runner; he moves in deliberately. He aims for the middle of the body, making him hard to juke. Once he hits, he wraps up completely with his arms. Then he drops down the runner's legs and ties up his ankles, like he's roping a calf. That's it. Guy's down, no matter how big or shifty he is. If only all our LBs and secondary had his technique!

hawaii 5-0
11/26/2011, 08:46 PM
Tony can wrap 'em up.

5-0

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 08:49 PM
One thing I remember very well about the 2000 team is how well our guys tackled in space. Jefferson has that ability, and today was just a reminder of what he is capable of.

picasso
11/26/2011, 09:19 PM
I'm referring to more fundamental aspects than whether he's playing his position well, specifically. I'm saying, when TJ moves in space toward the runner, his tackling is impeccable. He moves quickly, but under full control--not like a missile. He also doesn't hesitate, or try to wait on a runner; he moves in deliberately. He aims for the middle of the body, making him hard to juke. Once he hits, he wraps up completely with his arms. Then he drops down the runner's legs and ties up his ankles, like he's roping a calf. That's it. Guy's down, no matter how big or shifty he is. If only all our LBs and secondary had his technique!
Yeah and he's not afraid to leg tackle a guy. You see so often that smaller guys try to tackle up high.
Forget machismo, just make the tackle.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2011, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the players haven't been taught enough how to tackle correctly

Soonerus
11/27/2011, 12:15 AM
Jefferson is a great player and he played great today...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2011, 12:16 AM
Agreed

sooneredaco
11/27/2011, 01:40 AM
The dude is obsessed with Tony Jefferson!!!! (JLEW is that you?)

Blue
11/27/2011, 02:28 AM
Jefferson is a great player and he played great today...

In a great way.

VA Sooner
11/27/2011, 01:17 PM
Yes... he is a great player with good instincts, good discipline and excellent tackling ability.

SoonerMarkVA
11/27/2011, 02:54 PM
The dude is obsessed with Tony Jefferson!!!! (JLEW is that you?)

I'm definitely "The dude impressed with Tony Jefferson!!!!" :)

goingoneight
11/27/2011, 05:43 PM
Tony was a good tackler before he came to OU. He's like Nic Harris was, but better to this point in his career. I wonder how many times a guy lacks in fundamentals that guys like TJ have because maybe they were recruited as defenders, but starred before as offensive guys. Not looking into it, though. They're old enough to know better and should be taught better.