PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Bowl outlook

cleller
11/26/2011, 11:00 AM
On Gameday they are openly raising the possibility that Penn State will be passed over by some bowl committees. Obviously the events surrounding the school are unpleasant, but I didn't think they'd screw over the team and fans when it came bowl-time.

Desmond was in the ditch PSU camp, Lee supported PSU. I have to side with Lee on this.

On a side not, Tom Bradley looks much more comfortable and prepared now. He was a mess before the Neb game.

Dan Thompson
11/26/2011, 11:11 AM
They should get a bowl game and donate the money to a NATIONAL abused kids program.

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 07:47 PM
I watched a little of the game (after it was already out of reach for PSU) and they mentioned that PSU may get passed over by some of the better bowls because of the scandal...and I have to admit, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Unless the bowls think that the fans won't travel because of the scandal, why would they factor the scandal in to the selection of the team?

Now, the fact that they got donkey kicked by Wisconsin may be enough to convince bowls that the fans won't show.

nighttrain12
11/26/2011, 08:10 PM
Rather ironic if they get snubbed by some bowls. Many years ago, the Arizona people voted down the MLK holiday (because their legislature wouldn't pass it first like every other state had done) so when it came time to pick teams for one of the bowls in Arizona, they invited Penn State. Coach Paterno went to his black players only and asked them if they wanted to join the rising boycott of the state of Arizona. They voted yes and ended up going to a different bowl.