PDA

View Full Version : Salute to all the fans who came to see our Senoirs play their last game....

StoopTroup
11/26/2011, 12:37 AM
at Memorial Stadium. My hat is off to you all. To those who bailed. I have no good words so I'll do what you should have done and keep them to myself.

God Bless The Box Family and all the players who put it on the line for the Team, The University and us Fans.

May God Bless the Families of those Sooners who passed away this year and may they not suffer or be overwhelmed by the loss of their loved ones.

Dear Lord....look out for all the players who are headed onto Memorial Stadium tomorrow and may they all be as in good a shape after the game as they were before the game.

BOOMER SOONER

and

BEAT THE CYCLONES ! ! !

OUInformant
11/26/2011, 01:12 AM
To those who bailed. I have no good words so I'll do what you should have done and keep them to myself.

Thanks.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 03:52 PM
Good Croud. There were lots of tickets in the air but really not many more than usual. It got a bit thin in the crowd in the 4th Quarter, I could tell my kids had had enough with 6 minute left so we made our way back to the TG . Kind of watched the TVs until we got to Gate 6 and then booked it.

Great Crowd considering the meltdown so many folks had.

Time to beat some Cowboy *** now!

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

soonervegas
11/27/2011, 04:55 PM
with 6 minute left so we made our way back to the TG

Wait a second. You didn't stay till the end to salute our Seniors final moments on Owen Field?

You are dead to me.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 05:17 PM
Wait a second. You didn't stay till the end to salute our Seniors final moments on Owen Field?

You are dead to me.

I was lucky to even make the game. I was hoping they were gonna have the Parent's of the Seniors and all the Seniors out on the field at Halftime. Isn't how they have always done it? If they think folks were gonna wait until after the game in weather like that....they have absolutely lost their minds.

I was wondering what they were gonna do. We didn't get in until Will was singing the National Anthem so I thought that maybe they did it before the game started.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 05:18 PM

You are dead to me.

So you went to the game?

soonervegas
11/27/2011, 05:24 PM
So you went to the game?

I can proudly say I did not. I was just messing with you.....the fact that you made it that long with kids is a testament to your commitment.

tulsaoilerfan
11/27/2011, 06:02 PM
I applaud those that went to the game yesterday, but really there's no reason to keep bitching about those that didn't go; we haven't been to a game since 2006 because i would prefer to watch the game at home in the comfort of my living room and the last couple of years we just flat out haven't had the extra money during football season; there are many reasons for people not to show up at a game and it's not all bandwagoners or fair weather fans

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 06:25 PM
I applaud those that went to the game yesterday, but really there's no reason to keep bitching about those that didn't go

When the reason some didn't go was because we didn't win a National Championship or that damn DC is still there....

There is something wrong. If it had been about money...I wouldn't have been there this week. It was about it being the last Home Game until next year and that I had a chance to go down there with my entire Family and enjoy another Sooner Game with my Family. We got to do some things that some folks couldn't have pulled off even if they had donated $1,000 to the University couldn't have done. Would you like to have a picture of your kid with one of the best damn Coaches OU has ever had for free and because he was one of the nicest people you've ever met in the World or because the AD is Thankful you gave 10 Million to the School and got him to take some Photos with you and your Family?

There are just some things that aren't about money. Running into Steve Davis last year and him agreeing to sign a football for us was cool. We already had the Football and he had his own Sharpie and signed it for my Son. just another little cool bobble we have collected as Fans. We are there in the good times and the bad times and I think at the end of my life if I have taught my kids one thing....it's that it's not always about winning....it's how you play the game.

Stoops and his Coaches are the kind of guys I would want Coaching my kid if he's ever lucky enough to play at OU. It's why I'm a Fan no matter what happens...I know he's gonna have at least 3 total before he leaves OU if some fans will put their Stat sheets away and start realizing he's Coaching more than Football Players. He's Coaching Offensive and Defensive Coaches and they are coordinating what he's told them to do. When we win it's awesome. When we lose...it sucks but I don't ever not go to games because I'm afraid of us losing or because I'm tired of them not bringing Home National Championships.

You bet your *** it's expensive but if you are smart and plan ahead or even just keep on being a Fan....you can get to see an OU Game. Last year I wasn't physically able to go to one of the Home games and a friend of mine at work who couldn't afford to go at the time was around and I called him out of the blue as I didn't want to see the tickets go to waste. He asked how much I wanted for them and I told him....I only want you to take your Son down there see Dean and he'll let you park and take your Son to an OU Game." He agreed and the kid got yo go to his first OU Game ever.

It's not always about money either.

SoonerMom2
11/27/2011, 07:32 PM
We were there to the end to enjoy the victory even though it was really cold and the wind kept whipping around. Been to games when it was colder but was more prepared for those games. Really great to see our field goal kicker make the kicks into the wind with plenty of room.

Really proud of this group as I have been every year since we moved to Norman and got season tickets that first year. We say A&M whip up on us by a lot in the snow filled seats when it was really cold but it was great to see us return the favor years later and clobber them more than once. Lot of memories over the years but the win of Nebraska in 2000 will always be one of my favorites. First game we saw was a win over Syracuse in a a season that only had two more but we saw McNabb throw up before the game.

Always sad to see the season end but there is more football ahead and proud of all these guys who put their hearts and soul out on the that field game after game and in practice. What they learned at OU will stay with them a lifetime and salute all of them for their hard work and dedication to the Sooners.

Boomer Sooner!

BajaOklahoma
11/27/2011, 08:04 PM
We enjoyed Senior Day, with Cory and the others on the field before the game.

The crowd was extra-friendly, huddling together for warmth. I didn't even see the warmers on the sidelines for either team.

Win or lose, we go to the game.

MyT Oklahoma
11/27/2011, 09:54 PM
We went to the game but we whimped out of going to the tailgate and left with about 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

In our defense my daughter wasn't feeling well the night before so I'm glad she felt good enough to make it to the game and sit through as much as we did.

5noubus
11/27/2011, 09:59 PM
We made it through the game with our 3 kids. My 5 year old was wrapped up most of the game but still had fun. We have been to much colder games but the wind and rain was brutal!
I have to say we were the only regulars on the rows around us most bailed.
I guess I'll have to wait until next year to tell them about it!:)
I hoped the guys might high five the kids since it was the last game but no so lucky.

Soonermagik
11/27/2011, 10:02 PM
My wife and I were at the game and it was cold and windy. I felt like the true fans were out in full force. I mean, the team had 2 L's beside their name and the nasty weather sucked and we were playing Iowa State.

It didn't matter to us, because we love our school and team. I think there's a lot of reason for hope... if OU wins out then they are Fiesta bowl bound.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 10:14 PM
Good Stuff. It's awesome to be able to give our kids such experiences.

Glad you all had a great time.