PDA

View Full Version : OU fans really depressed...

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 09:21 PM
No fan spirit for the Iowa State game , Lindsey Street is weak, Jenkins is weak, the RV area is at an all time low...I expect about 60k fans at the games...

Seamus
11/25/2011, 09:35 PM
I'll take the over.

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 09:39 PM
I actually look for OU to kick butt tomorrow...

Jack T.
11/25/2011, 09:39 PM
Not at all surprised the mood is damp, but I'd take the over as well.

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 09:44 PM
Maybe people are a little slow to show up due to it being Thanksgiving and Iowa State not being Nebraska.

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 09:57 PM
I don't really blame people for not coming...I just always go...

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 09:58 PM
I basically had to give my tickets away. Nobody would offer anything for them. (Before ragging on me for not showing up either, I am on call all weekend and live in TN).

So, you can't take the shuttle from TN to the stadium??! Geez, and you call yourself a fan?!

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 09:59 PM
I don't really blame people for not coming...I just always go...

Why? Because it's Thanksgiving weekend?

MyT Oklahoma
11/25/2011, 10:00 PM
Oh well.. I'll still be there.

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 10:01 PM
I think there are lots of reasons to not go this week....11,Baylor loss, Iowa State,out of MNC contention, weather is iffy...etc...

olevetonahill
11/25/2011, 10:05 PM
Im in the Bar At Sooner Legends with ST having a Great time waitin fer tomorrow

OUInformant
11/25/2011, 10:06 PM
I suspect many more fans to come, since it was Thanksgiving. But, yeah, the mood is not good, as expected.
Why should it be when it comes to football?

oumartin
11/25/2011, 10:11 PM
I was gonna take my son to the game but don't know if I'll make it back from Baton Rouge in time. Plus we had dinner with Les and his wife.

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 10:15 PM
I was gonna take my son to the game but don't know if I'll make it back from Baton Rouge in time. Plus we had dinner with Les and his wife.

I have always said Les is brain-damaged since the mini-stroke he had while at OSU...this proves it..

oumartin
11/25/2011, 10:26 PM
brain damaged yet undefeated! Dude is tebowesque

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 10:35 PM
brain damaged yet undefeated! Dude is tebowesque

I could not read that , did you say "dude is grotesque" ?

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 10:36 PM
I think there are lots of reasons to not go this week....11,Baylor loss, Iowa State,out of MNC contention, weather is iffy...etc...

Gotcha, didn't know what the weather was like there. Didn't know if there was supposed to be TT weather night.

colinreturn
11/25/2011, 11:21 PM
The student section will be empty. There is a HUGE difference between a 11am or 7pm kickoff to kids who are driving back from whereever they are. I was planning on going to the game until it was announced for 11am. I simply can't make it now. Sucks, but what do they expect? It's Iowa State at 11am on Thanksgiving. Sucks.

Soonerus
11/25/2011, 11:26 PM
Understood..., no problem...

MamaMia
11/26/2011, 12:07 AM
We gave all four of our tickets away. I don't feel well. I will be at home watching the game this weekend.

My husband will be grilling burgers. I just finished making the potato salad and baked beans.

yermom
11/26/2011, 12:12 AM
i'm sick. i should be there though.

TUSooner
11/26/2011, 12:21 AM

Did he order 2 desserts but send one back?

Think about that, please. :-/

oumartin
11/26/2011, 12:21 AM
We gave all four of our tickets away. I don't feel well. I will be at home watching the game this weekend.

My husband will be grilling burgers. I just finished making the potato salad and baked beans.

shall I deliver the sausage?

StoopTroup
11/26/2011, 12:23 AM
When you get bucked off the horse the best medicine is to get right back on the damned thing instead of send it to the glue factory.

StoopTroup
11/26/2011, 12:27 AM

Brent will still be there next year. Let me know if you are giving next year away.

oudavid1
11/26/2011, 02:34 AM
Its going to be cold and windy tomorrow with a wet field. I expect a poorly played game by both offenses. I can see why there is less hype for this game.

MamaMia
11/26/2011, 02:38 AM
shall I deliver the sausage? No thank you. I have a fever and I'm contagious. If its one thing I really HATE, its inconsiderate selfish *** sick people who think its alright to spread their airborne contagious germs all over the place, which is exactly why I cant go to the game. :(

MamaMia
11/26/2011, 02:59 AM
martin, I just read a text that I received this afternoon but didn't get until just now. They were the ones who were going to use our seats. They're have car ignition problems and cant go, so they cant use our seats. You and your family are welcome to them, if you or your wife want to come get them. I can leave them in the mail box, so you don't catch my cold. Maybe she could drop by and get them and meet you with the boys?

Oh...and two are in the club and two are on the 50, 30 rows up. They will at least get you in. If you want to sit together, I'm sure there will be a few empty pockets of places you could scope out.

If martin isn't going to be able to go, they are up for grabs to anyone who's willing to come get them.

We also have 2 VIP tailgate passes.

Plexis22
11/26/2011, 09:03 AM
Hopefully the team is more interested in playing ISU than the fans. I know a lot of people who aren't even going and not even reselling their tickets. There is just no interest and a lot of disgust with the coaches and this team.

cleller
11/26/2011, 09:04 AM

Did Les do that thing with the turkey leg again?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/26/2011, 09:07 AM
Bob Stoops needs to call out every single one of the fans who doesn't go even if the weather is ****ty.

picasso
11/26/2011, 10:41 AM
Hopefully the team is more interested in playing ISU than the fans. I know a lot of people who aren't even going and not even reselling their tickets. There is just no interest and a lot of disgust with the coaches and this team.
I know a lot of people who are going and are excited to be there. It's the last home game of the season. It's OU football.

oumartin
11/26/2011, 10:54 AM
martin, I just read a text that I received this afternoon but didn't get until just now. They were the ones who were going to use our seats. They're have car ignition problems and cant go, so they cant use our seats. You and your family are welcome to them, if you or your wife want to come get them. I can leave them in the mail box, so you don't catch my cold. Maybe she could drop by and get them and meet you with the boys?

Oh...and two are in the club and two are on the 50, 30 rows up. They will at least get you in. If you want to sit together, I'm sure there will be a few empty pockets of places you could scope out.

If martin isn't going to be able to go, they are up for grabs to anyone who's willing to come get them.

We also have 2 VIP tailgate passes.

I appreciate the offer but the sickness is over here on Cherry Ave too. :(

Both boys are down and I can hardly breaf!

Thanks so much though. :)

AlboSooner
11/26/2011, 10:55 AM
No fan spirit for the Iowa State game , Lindsey Street is weak, Jenkins is weak, the RV area is at an all time low...I expect about 60k fans at the games...

I doubt it's something as serious as depression. Many are still gone for thanksgiving, early start, and it's Iowa State.

yankee
11/26/2011, 10:58 AM
I'm drunk as hell at 10 in the morn. Boomer soonEr

AzianSooner
11/26/2011, 10:58 AM
I love the Sooners, but this is the time to vacate the stadium to tell what fans think about the lousy lost at TT at home and Baylor freaking s.ht

Empty seats make stronger statement than The Oklahoma Statement.

fossil
11/26/2011, 11:44 AM

It is my prayer that the Sooner players don't feel the same. I'm sort of in a funk as well over this whole thing, but I will be in front of my TV today rooting the boys on. I'm hoping all those guys still feel like they have something to play for.

soonercoop1
11/26/2011, 12:06 PM
So Jaz is suspended not hurt? Thats what Toby said.

GDC
11/26/2011, 12:23 PM
The student section will be empty. There is a HUGE difference between a 11am or 7pm kickoff to kids who are driving back from whereever they are. I was planning on going to the game until it was announced for 11am. I simply can't make it now. Sucks, but what do they expect? It's Iowa State at 11am on Thanksgiving. Sucks.

No, it's attitudes like yours that suck.

First people complained about 7 pm kickoffs. Now they complain about 11 am.

Fraggle145
11/26/2011, 01:31 PM

There's a solution to that. Have them at 2:30.

AlboSooner
11/26/2011, 01:38 PM
stadiums seems pretty full to me

70sooner
11/26/2011, 01:43 PM
So Jaz is suspended not hurt? Thats what Toby said.

TV announcers said he was hurt/bad shoulder, so dunno what the story is.....

Fiatil
11/26/2011, 02:29 PM
Most of the campus clears out for Thanksgiving break either way, it doesn't really matter if the kickoff is at 11 or 7. All of the Texas kids go home for the weekend and don't tend to come back until Sunday.

marfacowboy
11/26/2011, 02:42 PM
I basically had to give my tickets away. Nobody would offer anything for them. (Before ragging on me for not showing up either, I am on call all weekend and live in TN).

I sucks that people are actually saying you shouldn't attend "to send a message." What a crock. Neyland Stadium would have 100,000+ for the Slippery Rock game if UT was 0-8.

marfacowboy
11/26/2011, 02:44 PM
stadiums seems pretty full to me

I see a lot of empty seats.

colinreturn
11/26/2011, 02:45 PM

I wasn't complaining....just pointing out that the timing sucked....first game i've missed as a student....**** off

AlboSooner
11/26/2011, 02:49 PM
I see a lot of empty seats.

In the third quarter. Which is sadly the norm.

GDC
11/26/2011, 03:37 PM
I wasn't complaining....just pointing out that the timing sucked....first game i've missed as a student....**** off

You are weak, like many of the students who are always the first to bitch, and the first to leave. Too busy puking on each and socializing to pay attention to the game, support the team, or in this case even show up.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/26/2011, 03:39 PM
You are weak, like many of the students who are always the first to bitch, and the first to leave. Too busy puking on each and socializing to pay attention to the game, support the team, or in this case even show up.We are also BY FAR the loudest section of the stadium, never sit down, and have to show up early to assure a seat.

Ever seen me at a tailgate? No, because I'm usually there for about 5 minutes before heading to the stadium.

GDC
11/26/2011, 03:48 PM
We are also BY FAR the loudest section of the stadium, never sit down, and have to show up early to assure a seat.

Ever seen me at a tailgate? No, because I'm usually there for about 5 minutes before heading to the stadium.

I had student season tickets for several seasons prior to this one. I don't need you to tell me what does or doesn't happen in the student section. Your first point is subjective, standing doesn't make you a "better" fan, and if you have a ticket you don't have to show up early.

sooner59
11/26/2011, 03:59 PM
I had student season tickets for several seasons prior to this one. I don't need you to tell me what does or doesn't happen in the student section. Your first point is subjective, standing doesn't make you a "better" fan, and if you have a ticket you don't have to show up early.

If you want a good seat in the student section you have to get there early. You can either get near the 50 or end up in that big section of silver bleachers that we saw today. And now that I don't have student tickets, its glaringly obvious that the student section is loudest. The section I was in this year was about as loud as a tennis crowd.

yermom
11/26/2011, 04:12 PM
i miss the student section. i don't miss getting there stupid early though.

i don't buy this Thanksgiving thing. you have all day Friday to get back :confused:

hell, i went to Austin for the Texas-Texas A&M game on Thanksgiving last year and was back in Norman on Friday

kenth68
11/26/2011, 04:22 PM
11 AM in Norman is nothing. Try 11 AM at the Cotton Bowl with a massive hangover. That's challenging.

En_Fuego
11/26/2011, 05:17 PM
What do you expect when our "loyal fans" think we should play for the BCS MNC every year ? It's really sad. I think we had a good year.

sooner59
11/26/2011, 06:51 PM
11 AM in Norman is nothing. Try 11 AM at the Cotton Bowl with a massive hangover. That's challenging.

Preaching to the choir my friend.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 07:42 PM
I was pretty impressed the stadium was pretty full except the student section, which is understandable. Nice crowd under the circumstances...

8timechamps
11/26/2011, 07:43 PM
I was pretty impressed the stadium was pretty full except the student section, which is understandable. Nice crowd under the circumstances...

I thought it sounded louder on TV than it has in a few games. Looked pretty full too.

MamaMia
11/26/2011, 09:08 PM
I appreciate the offer but the sickness is over here on Cherry Ave too. :(

Both boys are down and I can hardly breaf!

Thanks so much though. :)You are most welcome. Get well soon. There was a well family right here on Walnut Ave. who used the tickets. They got there right when the game started.

GDC
11/26/2011, 09:35 PM

No, it's not understandable how a university this size and with its history could ever have a less than full student section at a football game. Or a basketball game for that matter. People just don't appreciate what they have.

GDC
11/26/2011, 09:36 PM

No, it's not understandable how a university this size and with its history could ever have a less than full student section at a football game. Or a basketball game for that matter. People just don't appreciate what they have.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 09:41 PM
I tend to agree but kids have changed these days...

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 10:18 PM
Thanksgiving weekend game attendance have always suffered except when it was a highly ranked match up with Nebraska or an OSU game. I have seen it not completely full in the past. I was an OKC kid so it wasn't a big deal to me but I knew many who went home, many times their parents wanted them back home for the holiday even if they wanted to come back for the game. It isn't entirely on the kids.

Soonerus
11/26/2011, 10:25 PM
If the team is hot or playing a good team the stadium is full, Thanksgiving or not...I have been going a long time...

bluedogok
11/26/2011, 10:30 PM
If the team is hot or playing a good team the stadium is full, Thanksgiving or not...I have been going a long time...
Unfortunately I remember some Thanksgiving games that had beautiful weather and the stadium was full but had way too much orange in the stadium for my liking....of course OU was nothing near "hot" during that era.