PDA

View Full Version : What's with the aggy obsession with T-shirts?

mdklatt
11/25/2011, 02:36 PM
They can't get enough of 'em, and then they complain about "T-shirt fans" at other schools.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1982117&forum_id=5

At first I though "11-24-11" was Mike Sherman's conference record....

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 02:45 PM
The Aggys are the strangest (that's being kind) collection of people I've ever seen. They call fans that are not alums "t-shirt fans", yet the have t-shirts for every thing that happens with their program. (Which, is pretty much what you just said).

I am so thankful that we will not have to go back to that cult filled stadium again anytime in the near future.

mdklatt
11/25/2011, 02:59 PM
I am so thankful that we will not have to go back to that cult filled stadium again anytime in the near future.

I'm not just talking about the Lassie Aggies. Aggies are aggies everywhere you go. T-shirt- for-every-occassion-wearing, all-our-fans-are-alumni-lying, extreme-little-brother-complex-having, the-media/refs/conference-are-out-to-get-us-complaining, just-wait-until-next-year-retorting paranoid delusionals one and all.

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 02:59 PM
I'm not just talking about the Lassie Aggies. Aggies are aggies everywhere you go. T-shirt- for-every-occassion-wearing, all-our-fans-are-alumni-lying, extreme-little-brother-complex-having, the-media/refs/conference-are-out-to-get-us-complaining, just-wait-until-next-year-retorting paranoid delusionals one and all.

I think you just made the Urban Dictionary entry for Aggy!

yermom
11/25/2011, 03:13 PM
aggie is as aggie does

trwxxa
11/25/2011, 04:51 PM
aTm has a "Maroon Out" game every year. Everyone can purchase a maroon out T-shirt for $5. Pretty good deal. Not only does it show school unity, it has many useful purposes once the game is over.

bluedogok
11/25/2011, 06:40 PM
Walgreen's had UT shirts 2 for $10.00 today as well, it's what all the cool bums around Austin wear.....

I've never understood the "occasion t-shirts" that the screen printers do or why anyone buys them. I have received a few as gifts (LSU BCS Game was the latest) but never did wear them, just always donated them or sold them in a garage sale. They always sold, even here in Austin. For me nothing but school wear is needed, I don't need a reminder of a particular game, either pre-game or post-game.

picasso
11/25/2011, 08:21 PM
Remember the poke "stoops we did it again" t-shirts in '02? That made me laugh the first time I saw those things on two bubbas in Eskimo Joe's. I wanted to tell them that I'd have to wear nearly 100 of those things to get the OU>oSu message out.

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 09:56 PM
Walgreen's had UT shirts 2 for $10.00 today as well, it's what all the cool bums around Austin wear.....

I've never understood the "occasion t-shirts" that the screen printers do or why anyone buys them. I have received a few as gifts (LSU BCS Game was the latest) but never did wear them, just always donated them or sold them in a garage sale. They always sold, even here in Austin. For me nothing but school wear is needed, I don't need a reminder of a particular game, either pre-game or post-game.

I never got (still don't get) the event specific shirts either. I've purchased my fair share of OU shirts/sweatshirts over the years, but they are all pretty simple designs with either "Oklahoma" or "OU" on them. The only exception to this was the shirt I got through SoonerSports that was a fundraiser for the tornado relief.

I still remember when The Big Red Shop by my house was selling "OU 1987 National Champion" t-shirts a day or two prior to the national title game with Miami. Now, that's one event specific shirt that would be a conversation piece now.

Indy Sooner
11/26/2011, 01:59 AM
I still remember when The Big Red Shop by my house was selling "OU 1987 National Champion" t-shirts a day or two prior to the national title game with Miami. Now, that's one event specific shirt that would be a conversation piece now.

Didn't Bama claim one of their 18 NCs that year?

LASooner
11/26/2011, 02:09 AM
aTm has a "Maroon Out" game every year. Everyone can purchase a maroon out T-shirt for $5. Pretty good deal. Not only does it show school unity, it has many useful purposes once the game is over.

It easily identifies the losers as they leave the stadium?