PDA

View Full Version : Potential Problem

oudavid1
11/25/2011, 12:57 AM
Someone on ESPN was talking about the Kansas City Chiefs looking to replace Todd Haley as their head coach. Kirk Ferentz was the first name mentioned due to close ties to the organization. What I am getting at is, that would be a huge career move for Ferentz and leave the Iowa job wide open. Something to keep an eye on.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/25/2011, 12:59 AM
please don't start with this ****.

olevetonahill
11/25/2011, 01:09 AM
And that has What to do with how Saxet plays ?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/25/2011, 01:09 AM
You should totally twitter this.

Then explode.

sooner59
11/25/2011, 01:32 AM
Haha. If Bob left for Iowa, it would be a move DOWN the prestige ladder. I wouldn't even be mad...more like "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Why? Because he would have obviously just hit his head so hard that he would be brain damaged and unable to coach anyway. Realistically, though, yeah that would be great for Ferentz...until he was run out of KC for not winning. He consistently does average-to-above average in Iowa and makes TONS of money doing it. He would be stupid to leave that job.

Peach Fuzz
11/25/2011, 01:37 AM
they told you to thaw the turkey FULLY for a reason...

oulucas
11/25/2011, 02:05 AM
Oklahoma>Chiefs>Iowa

BASSooner
11/25/2011, 02:14 AM
Hahhaha that's like Bo Pelini leaving for Ohio State....never gonna happen

Peach Fuzz
11/25/2011, 05:10 AM
Mike Stoops is also being hired as OU special teams coach. Dead effin serious!

SicEmBaylor
11/25/2011, 05:37 AM

Then explode.
How about the other way around?

C&CDean
11/25/2011, 09:08 AM
The idiots could only wish...

prrriiide
11/25/2011, 05:34 PM
Pleasepleasepleaseohhhhhplease hire Brent Venables....he could take Patton and Martinez with him to complete the mediocrity tri-fecta. Although it speaks volumes that Wilson worked with Patton @ NW, yet KW is in Champagne and Patton is still at OU.

starclassic tama
11/25/2011, 06:41 PM
Pleasepleasepleaseohhhhhplease hire Brent Venables....he could take Patton and Martinez with him to complete the mediocrity tri-fecta. Although it speaks volumes that Wilson worked with Patton @ NW, yet KW is in Champagne and Patton is still at OU.
believe it or not, i think he is hinting around at stoops taking the iowa job

picasso
11/25/2011, 08:15 PM
Kinda what I thought.

Too sad to be funny.

oumartin
11/25/2011, 08:41 PM
we should hire Boo back, get some decent recruits in and then bring bob back! I'm a f'n generous! lol

yermom
11/25/2011, 08:42 PM
I think he's saying OUDavid1 to Iowa

PrideTrombone
11/25/2011, 08:50 PM
oudavid1 went full retard on this one.

birddog
11/25/2011, 08:52 PM

it's not like that at all.

SoonerorLater
11/25/2011, 09:09 PM
I know this to be false because I've heard rumors Bob Stoops is going to take the Ohio State job and OU will be hiring Urban Meyer. Mike Gundy will take the HC job with the KC Chiefs and Brent Venebles will take the the vacated OSU job.

delhalew
11/25/2011, 09:31 PM
You are a potential problem.

soonercastor
11/25/2011, 09:41 PM
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

8timechamps
11/25/2011, 09:43 PM
Wait, you didn't hear?

Bob already signed to coach at Iowa, Kansas City, (the soon to be vacated) KU AND at OU at the same time! Oh, and he hired himself as special teams coach and defensive coordinator too.

Seamus
11/25/2011, 09:47 PM
Although it speaks volumes that Wilson worked with Patton @ NW, yet KW is in Champagne and Patton is still at OU.

Or Bloomington ...

colinreturn
11/25/2011, 11:23 PM
this post ****ing sucks. **** off.

LSUdeek
11/25/2011, 11:35 PM
You don't leave OU to go to Iowa....of all places.

sooneron
11/25/2011, 11:36 PM
High comedy, this one is...

I doubt Iowa would even want to foot the bill for Bob'$ new house that would be vacated.

oudavid1
11/26/2011, 02:30 AM
I didnt even mention Bob Stoops leaving and a couple of people thought I was burning the town to the ground. Relax guys, Bob will more than likely stay.

Just looking ahead is all.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/26/2011, 03:00 AM
Wow.

SicEmBaylor
11/26/2011, 03:27 AM
I didnt even mention Bob Stoops leaving and a couple of people thought I was burning the town to the ground. Relax guys, Bob will more than likely stay.

"...more than likely..." Okay. I get it. You're one of those guys that hates to make an absolute statement about anything. I get that. I have a close friend like that. It annoys the ever loving **** out of me. Let me just go ahead and do what you can't.

Bob Stoops is not going to Iowa.
Bob Stoops is not going to any other college program...ever.
Bob Stoops will only go to the NFL, and I find that almost impossible this season and highly unlikely ever.

End. of. story.

/thread

oudavid1
11/26/2011, 03:52 AM
"...more than likely..." Okay. I get it. You're one of those guys that hates to make an absolute statement about anything. I get that. I have a close friend like that. It annoys the ever loving **** out of me. Let me just go ahead and do what you can't.

Bob Stoops will only go to the NFL, and I find that almost impossible this season and highly unlikely ever.

End. of. story.

/thread

Thanks Sic Em!

EatLeadCommie
11/26/2011, 04:31 AM
Ferentz...as if Herman Edwards wasn't an obvious fail out of the gate, now they would want Ferentz? Sheez. At least Haley I can understand why they took the risk.

picasso
11/26/2011, 10:37 AM

Umm no, we're not taking your word as the sole authority. We're actually laughing at you brah.

oudavid1
11/27/2011, 06:19 PM
Umm no, we're not taking your word as the sole authority. We're actually laughing at you brah.

Nevermind.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6086/6068551302_0b78ae27fb_z.jpg

Jacie
11/27/2011, 06:40 PM

Well, Mike Stoops might be very interested in that job and believe it or not, Iowa might be very interested in him. It isn't like he failed to bring Arizona along but rather, they got impatient even after he produced for them. As for this season, the coach has not been born that could have won the early part of the wildcat 2011 schedule yet MS was expected to keep it going.

olevetonahill
11/27/2011, 09:19 PM

But you dayum sure insinuated it. If that wasnt yer intent then Why the Title?

AlboSooner
11/27/2011, 09:24 PM

even if trolling, never go full retard

oudavid1
11/28/2011, 12:05 PM
But you dayum sure insinuated it. If that wasnt yer intent then Why the Title?

I wanted to predict a future thread for when/if Ferentz leaves Iowa is all. Just putting it down.

And because I need to get my post count up.

And I subscribe to the idea that no one likes to saying anything unless someone is wrong, just like those people and their posts.

I like to know who will take it personally and overreact to something so harmless.

Then explode.

The idiots could only wish...

You are a potential problem.

this post ****ing sucks. **** off.

OULenexaman
11/28/2011, 12:15 PM
burp...

sooner_born_1960
11/28/2011, 12:19 PM
oudavid1 is an evil genius.

soonerboomer93
11/28/2011, 12:22 PM
I wanted to predict a future thread for when/if Ferentz leaves Iowa is all. Just putting it down.

And because I need to get my post count up.

And I subscribe to the idea that no one likes to saying anything unless someone is wrong, just like those people and their posts.

I like to know who will take it personally and overreact to something so harmless.

Harmless would be posting it under the title of KC Chiefs or Iowa/Ferentz, and then the story. You posted as "potenial problem" so you showed an intent to stir **** up and didn't post it as a "harmless". You tried to troll, got called on it and now are making up an excuse. In other words, you are full of fail.

soonerboomer93
11/28/2011, 12:23 PM
oudavid1 is an evil genius.

Drunk before noon?

Niiiiiiice

jk the sooner fan
11/28/2011, 12:26 PM
somebody needs mom and dad to take away their computer access

oudavid1
11/28/2011, 12:30 PM
Harmless would be posting it under the title of KC Chiefs or Iowa/Ferentz, and then the story. You posted as "potenial problem" so you showed an intent to stir **** up and didn't post it as a "harmless". You tried to troll, got called on it and now are making up an excuse. In other words, you are full of fail.

Sorry I didnt make a thread up to your standards and you found a way to somehow take it personally. And then you try to make this about me by calling me a troll yet i've posted under the same name with my facebook and twit information right below it for 3 years now. Stop bitching, you sound like you belong on LandThieves.

These are the replies I would expect from people who dont take themselves so seriously....

Haha. If Bob left for Iowa, it would be a move DOWN the prestige ladder. I wouldn't even be mad...more like "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Why? Because he would have obviously just hit his head so hard that he would be brain damaged and unable to coach anyway. Realistically, though, yeah that would be great for Ferentz...until he was run out of KC for not winning. He consistently does average-to-above average in Iowa and makes TONS of money doing it. He would be stupid to leave that job.

You don't leave OU to go to Iowa....of all places.

High comedy, this one is...

I doubt Iowa would even want to foot the bill for Bob'$ new house that would be vacated.

End. of. story.

/thread

OULenexaman
11/28/2011, 12:32 PM
threads like these make me laugh and fart at the same time.....something I normally can't do.

soonerboomer93
11/28/2011, 12:36 PM
Sorry I didnt make a thread up to your standards and you found a way to somehow take it personally. And then you try to make this about me by calling me a troll yet i've posted under the same name with my facebook and twit information right below it for 3 years now. Stop bitching, you sound like you belong on LandThieves.

That doesn't mean you're not a troll/ not capable of making troll posts.

NormanPride
11/28/2011, 12:37 PM
David, you are nothing if not a magnet for attention.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2011, 12:39 PM
My heart says close it, my brain says this is fun to watch..

oudavid1
11/28/2011, 12:39 PM
That doesn't mean you're not a troll/ not capable of making troll posts.

Ok fine, ill agree will that. What I will not agree with is that it was my goal there. Cause it wasnt. I'm trying to predict the future.
Maybe Ill just stick to doing it on twitter.

David, you are nothing if not a magnet for attention.

I dont post nearly as much as I used to. Maybe I should just stick to reading instead of posting.

StoopTroup
11/28/2011, 12:43 PM
IBTL

sooner_born_1960
11/28/2011, 12:43 PM
It's posts like this that cause people to post things we like to call "replies". oudavid, you should be castigated.

NormanPride
11/28/2011, 12:44 PM
I think you just need to learn WHAT to post. Your filter between your brain and your mouth/tweeter/whatever is a bit malformed, so things like this tend to dribble through without proper formatting. You're just a goofball, is all. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

I really, really miss you and The going back and forth on threads here. That was HIGH comedy.

StoopTroup
11/28/2011, 12:48 PM
SicEm has been done before though.

sooner59
11/28/2011, 01:10 PM

These are the replies I would expect from people who dont take themselves so seriously....

Not sure if you quoted me twice in one post because you are directing that post at me or what, but I think you may take this internet thing a bit too personal. First of all, I never attacked you for what you posted. I explained why all of those moves would be just dumb for the coaches. Second of all, I've never called you a troll. Third, I DGAS what your name is or what handle you post under. Not on my radar. Fourth, I do post on landthieves...so? The only person that even really addressed you personally in any of those posts was SicEm. And believe it or not, SicEm has earned his stripes here. He has thick skin. You could use some too.

StoopTroup
11/28/2011, 01:13 PM
Not sure if you quoted me twice in one post because you are directing that post at me or what, but I think you may take this internet thing a bit too personal. First of all, I never attacked you for what you posted. I explained why all of those moves would be just dumb for the coaches. Second of all, I've never called you a troll. Third, I DGAS what your name is or what handle you post under. Not on my radar. Fourth, I do post on landthieves...so? The only person that even really addressed you personally in any of those posts was SicEm. And believe it or not, SicEm has earned his stripes here. He has thick skin. You could use some too.

That Land Thieves thing is quite a slap in the face. I don't blame you for firing back.

olevetonahill
11/28/2011, 01:14 PM
Does David remind any one else of NicK? Not so much as to content but as to Dumasedness?

cccasooner2
11/28/2011, 01:14 PM
.............................I'm trying to predict the future.

Get one of these.

http://crystalcove-gifts.com/ProductImages/499%20200mm.jpg

sooner59
11/28/2011, 01:18 PM
That Land Thieves thing is quite a slap in the face. I don't blame you for firing back.

I'm just bored.

oumartin
11/28/2011, 02:00 PM
Buddy Leake does not approve of this attack on oudavid. :(

8timechamps
11/28/2011, 02:10 PM

Wall. You're talking to it.

sooner59
11/28/2011, 02:21 PM
Wall. You're talking to it.

You're probably right.

starclassic tama
11/28/2011, 02:27 PM
dude just needs attention, much like nickzepp and leroy used to. not saying he is a bad guy, just annoying at times

IBleedCrimson
11/28/2011, 02:36 PM
Maybe I should just stick to reading instead of posting.

in·sight   [in-sahyt]
noun
an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding: an insight into 18th-century life.
penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.

Fraggle145
11/28/2011, 02:47 PM

See David the thing is your reply here makes it sound (1) like anyone with a brain would actually think Bob Stoops would leave to go to Iowa and (2) like you are a credible news source that people should follow for OU football news that would cause anyone to think (1).

Relax guys, Bob will more than likely stay. Uhhhh Duh.

This is more of your attention seeking behavior. You aren't looking ahead. You were insinuating that Bob might leave. You're trolling.

oudavid1
11/28/2011, 05:45 PM
I think you just need to learn WHAT to post. Your filter between your brain and your mouth/tweeter/whatever is a bit malformed, so things like this tend to dribble through without proper formatting. You're just a goofball, is all. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

I really, really miss you and The going back and forth on threads here. That was HIGH comedy.

Thats cause THE is evil.

My apologies, your right, i quoted wrong person, was never supposed to aim at you. I meant to quote this...

Buddy Leake does not approve of this attack on oudavid. :(

Just talked to him actually!

dude just needs attention, much like nickzepp and leroy used to. not saying he is a bad guy, just annoying at times

I promise I dont need or want it.

See David the thing is your reply here makes it sound (1) like anyone with a brain would actually think Bob Stoops would leave to go to Iowa and (2) like you are a credible news source that people should follow for OU football news that would cause anyone to think (1).

ok 1, yes, he could. If Urban would leave FLORIDA for OHIO, Bob could leave Oklahoma for Iowa. and 2, DONT EVER LISTEN TO ANYTHING I SAY AGAIN as far as me "wanting" to be credible. Dont care. truly.
Uhhhh Duh.

This is more of your attention seeking behavior. You aren't looking ahead. You were insinuating that Bob might leave. You're trolling.

I consider trolling something that should truly bother people. If me talking about the possibility of Stoops leaving for a hypothetically vacant Iowa job (just like any newspaper writer would in the same case) really bothers you than please, please feel free not to read. I may want attention, but not from you.

oudavid1
11/28/2011, 05:47 PM

I quoted wrong person, so my apologies.

oudavid1
11/28/2011, 05:47 PM
in·sight   [in-sahyt]
noun
an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding: an insight into 18th-century life.
penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.

I see your point.

sooneredaco
11/28/2011, 06:30 PM
Someone on ESPN was talking about the Kansas City Chiefs looking to replace Todd Haley as their head coach. Kirk Ferentz was the first name mentioned due to close ties to the organization. What I am getting at is, that would be a huge career move for Ferentz and leave the Iowa job wide open. Something to keep an eye on.

Yea I got a call about the vacancy. I'm just so busy with other business I may just have to turn it down and wait for a better offer.

yankee
11/29/2011, 01:50 AM
I think I spekked everyone in this thread but David. Success! Thanks for the lulz...

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2011, 09:11 AM
Yea I got a call about the vacancy. I'm just so busy with other business I may just have to turn it down and wait for a better offer.

It's cool, man. Bob Stoops has your back.

Fraggle145
11/29/2011, 01:03 PM
ok 1, yes, he could. If Urban would leave FLORIDA for OHIO, Bob could leave Oklahoma for Iowa. and 2, DONT EVER LISTEN TO ANYTHING I SAY AGAIN as far as me "wanting" to be credible. Dont care. truly.

I consider trolling something that should truly bother people. If me talking about the possibility of Stoops leaving for a hypothetically vacant Iowa job (just like any newspaper writer would in the same case) really bothers you than please, please feel free not to read. I may want attention, but not from you.

Okay 1... and I COULD fly on the space shuttle. Honestly the chances are so remote that Stoops would leave to go to Iowa. To compare Urban Meyer to Bob Stoops is laughable. Urban Meyer has a history of these type of career jumps throughout his career. What has Bob Stoops done that would ever make you think he would leave?

And the fact that you are comparing your post on a message board to be equivalent to that of a newspaper reporter is why you are trolling. Newspaper reporters troll too. And it all perfectly exemplifies my point (2) in my previous post. You do want credibility or you wouldnt compare yourself to a newspaper reporter.

Your behavior is what I think Malzahn's wife would be like if she was on a message board.

SicEmBaylor
11/29/2011, 03:00 PM
I think I spekked everyone in this thread but David. Success! Thanks for the lulz...
Not everyone, a$$hole. ;)

NormanPride
11/29/2011, 03:46 PM

I've never liked when someone posts something mindless or uninformed and then complains that if people don't like it they don't have to read it. It's the last defense of someone that knows they shouldn't have said what they did. If you post a completely unfounded statement like this, expect to get a backlash. And if you don't want the backlash, don't post it. Honestly, what were you expecting?

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/29/2011, 04:01 PM
I've never liked when someone posts something mindless or uninformed and then complains that if people don't like it they don't have to read it. It's the last defense of someone that knows they shouldn't have said what they did. If you post a completely unfounded statement like this, expect to get a backlash. And if you don't want the backlash, don't post it. Honestly, what were you expecting?

i honestly feel the david just wants a response--regardless if negative or positive. he just needs to feel important. the sad part is that he has to come to a message board to do so. i think we are beter off just ignoring everything he has to say. dont read it, dont reply to it, just let him create threads and see no views or replies.

i, like some others, don't dislike David, i just think he comes across as a bratty, spoiled kid that feels entitled to respect for his posts, having never--not once-- earned anyone's respect. whether it's his **** about twitter, or his trolling about " prediciting the future", he just needs to learn some humility.

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 04:09 PM
i honestly feel the david just wants a response--regardless if negative or positive. he just needs to feel important. the sad part is that he has to come to a message board to do so. i think we are beter off just ignoring everything he has to say. dont read it, dont reply to it, just let him create threads and see no views or replies.

i, like some others, don't dislike David, i just think he comes across as a bratty, spoiled kid that feels entitled to respect for his posts, having never--not once-- earned anyone's respect. whether it's his **** about twitter, or his trolling about " prediciting the future", he just needs to Grow the **** up.

FIFY:biggrin:

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/29/2011, 04:10 PM
FIFY:biggrin:

good point!

Fraggle145
11/29/2011, 04:17 PM

*cough*

BillyBall
11/29/2011, 04:49 PM
Does David remind any one else of NicK? Not so much as to content but as to Dumasedness?

I was thinking more like CK.

Fraggle145
11/29/2011, 05:06 PM

For the most part.

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 05:28 PM

Naw David aint a Dick as much as he is a Dumas
Now Nick was and is a DUMAS

NormanPride
11/29/2011, 05:42 PM
I still like David. But I would not give him my Bud Light.

olevetonahill
11/29/2011, 05:53 PM
I still like David. But I would not give him my Bud Light.
Oh hell yea Hes way above Nick an CK
He just a lot like em
Cept David will grow up ,

sooneron
11/29/2011, 07:42 PM
Dear OUDavid1,

Grow the **** up. srlsy.

Regards,
Life

oudavid1
11/30/2011, 01:31 PM

i, like some others, don't dislike David, i just think he comes across as a bratty, spoiled kid that feels entitled to respect for his posts, having never--not once-- earned anyone's respect. whether it's his **** about twitter, or his trolling about " prediciting the future", he just needs to learn some humility.

I dont find it important, im the computer err day. Just not on here everyday. If I thought it was important i would re-evaluate my life priories.
And yes, I have advocated that people ignore me for the most part if they dont like me.
Humility? I have no problem admitting when I did/said something wrong. Now my problem is sometimes I am to arrogant or lack vision to see the points some posters are trying to make. (like when someone says its stupid, but not why = waste of time).
So you obviously didnt read or accept the fact that twice on this page I admitted that someone had done a better job than me . . .

I see your point.

I quoted wrong person, so my apologies.

And I am bratty and spoiled, but nothing in what I originally said in this thread conveys that (I feel at least.)

And for anyone who says I dont listen, I stopped twitpicing because Fraggle didnt like it. (I know more people didnt, but Frag actually explained why it annoyed him...along with everything else I do)

I'd like to thing I'm never the first to throw stones at other posters....though I do sling a lot of bull(s**t).

oudavid1
11/30/2011, 01:32 PM

This is why your my favorite.

Fraggle145
11/30/2011, 04:38 PM
(I know more people didnt, but Frag actually explained why it annoyed him...along with everything else I do)

I dont get annoyed at everything you do... Just when you are attention seeking. Some of your posts on the SO I didnt agree with, but were well thought out. When you think out your posts (like in this reply post) for the most part I like them a lot better.

oudavid1
11/30/2011, 10:54 PM
I dont get annoyed at everything you do... Just when you are attention seeking. Some of your posts on the SO I didnt agree with, but were well thought out. When you think out your posts (like in this reply post) for the most part I like them a lot better.

Well I appreciated you taking the time to explain it and thats why I valued and considered your opinion and decide that you were right.

And thank you, thats very nice of you. Now if only I can get some more doosh(I know thats not how to spell it) out of my posts maybe I'll stop pissing people off so much.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/30/2011, 10:55 PM
Good luck.

oudavid1
11/30/2011, 10:58 PM
Good luck.

WJTBPdVpdMc