PDA

View Full Version : Mark Clayton put on IR

Aries
11/24/2011, 08:47 PM
I don't know, I just don't have a good feeling about Mark ever playing again....

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/clayton-on-ir-rams-add-miller/article_58ccc9f0-16db-11e1-92e5-001a4bcf6878.html

Clayton on IR; Rams add Miller
BY JIM THOMAS | Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Veteran wide receiver Mark Clayton's long comeback attempt from 2010 knee surgery has ended with more knee issues and a spot on the injured reserve list.

The St. Louis Rams replaced him on the active roster with wide receiver/return man Nick Miller, who was with the team for a couple of weeks in October.

"The biggest thing here is Mark Clayton has been struggling with both knees," coach Steve Spagnuolo said following Thursday's Thanksgiving day practice.

Clayton had attempted to practice Wednesday but according to Spagnuolo was in a lot of pain.

"I could see that he was, so I talked with him," Spagnuolo said. "He's really been struggling. The knee that he had surgery on has been giving him a hard time. The other knee is starting to; he's starting to feel it, too."

Arthroscopic surgery was being considered on one or both knees, which would have set Clayton back for another five or six weeks. So the team to decided to place Clayton on injured reserve. Clayton played in only two games for the Rams since being activated from the physically unable to perform list and finished with three catches for 26 yards.

--Injury update: DT Justin Bannan (shoulder), LB Josh Hull (hamstring), OT Mark LeVoir (pectoral muscle), and RT Jason Smith (concussion) did not practice Thursday.

WR Danario Alexander (hamstring), LB James Laurinaitis (foot), DE Chris Long (ankle), WR Austin Pettis ( knee), and RB Cadillac Williams (calf) were limited.

But TE Lance Kendricks (head) and CB Justin King (knee/ankle) were listed as full participation in practice Thursday after being limited Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/clayton-on-ir-rams-add-miller/article_58ccc9f0-16db-11e1-92e5-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1eg3zmWce

Boomer.....
11/24/2011, 08:58 PM
That sucks! I really thought he might come back in and give Sam a boost. :(

sooneron
11/24/2011, 10:38 PM
succs

HAMTTX
11/25/2011, 06:31 AM
I still remember the ball hitting him in the hands against LSU. I will never forget that. I then had to go to work with every t-shirt LSU fan in the state of Georgia. Man the pain.