PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Urban Meyer will coach Ohio St next year

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2011, 06:06 PM
Multiple reports from SportsbyBrooks, this guy is usually plugged in:

Calling Ex buckeyes to get support and guidance for coaching staff
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-confirms-osu-hire-to-prominent-ex-buckeyes-29907

Agrees to Coach; removed from calling OSU/Michigan game
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-agrees-to-coach-buckeyes-building-staff-29902

Hope his daughter "Got her daddy back" for long enough

oumartin
11/22/2011, 07:34 PM
Tim Tebow aint walking through those Ohio State doors to play. I aint too worried about Urban Meyer. dude aint won squat without Jesus.

which reminds me.

Should OU hire John Blake as recruiting coordinator? ;)

NormanPride
11/22/2011, 07:55 PM
Anyone else see how much Florida sucks this year and wonder if Urbie left for reasons other than his health and that a perfect situation elsewhere with millions in salary would bring him back quickly?

PS: This is badger, not NP.

yermom
11/22/2011, 07:57 PM
Tim Tebow aint walking through those Ohio State doors to play. I aint too worried about Urban Meyer. dude aint won squat without Jesus.

which reminds me.

Should OU hire John Blake as recruiting coordinator? ;)

i seem to remember him going undefeated at Utah

oumartin
11/22/2011, 07:59 PM
i seem to remember him going undefeated at Utah

Utah, who can't go undefeated at that juggernaut!

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2011, 08:11 PM
Multiple reports from SportsbyBrooks, this guy is usually plugged in:

Calling Ex buckeyes to get support and guidance for coaching staff
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-confirms-osu-hire-to-prominent-ex-buckeyes-29907

Agrees to Coach; removed from calling OSU/Michigan game
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-agrees-to-coach-buckeyes-building-staff-29902

Hope his daughter "Got her daddy back" for long enough

His daughter probably told him she'd had enough daddy time - go get a job.

Jacie
11/22/2011, 09:53 PM
What tOSU does not want to do is repeat the mistake WVU made, elevating an unqualified interim coach based on feeling good at the moment, not that Fickell has provided them with an abundance of those but with their annual clash against Meatchicken this Saturday, he can still redeem himself in the eyes of the buckeye faithful (not bloody likely but mathematically possible).

Expect an announcement concerning Meyer sometime after Big Blue beats Big Nut . . .

8timechamps
11/22/2011, 09:59 PM
It's not surprising to me that tOSU wants Meyer, but it is surprising that he wants to go there (apparently). Have I missed something, or has the NCAA not completed the investigation? PSU has been the headline, but I think tOSU will still pay a stiff price for the wrongdoings. Meyer did well at Florida, but a lot of that had to do with being the best school in the state for recruiting. It's not like he's walking into a powerhouse with the cupboards loaded. Maybe he wants the challenge.

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2011, 10:08 PM
It's his dream job. All others have been a prelude to landing OSU. Hes from there, worshiped Wiody Hayes.

oumartin
11/22/2011, 10:32 PM
he said notre dame was his dream job

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2011, 10:40 PM
He also said he wasn't going to Ohio St. Publicly he said ND, but supposedly everyone closeto him say this is the one he's always wanted.

oumartin
11/22/2011, 11:22 PM
Does this mean Brent Venables isn't getting the job? :(

TheHumanAlphabet
11/22/2011, 11:31 PM
Worst kept secret evar!

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2011, 11:56 PM
no kidding. Beano Cook actually called it in March

SoonerCLF
11/23/2011, 02:40 AM
His daughter probably told him she'd had enough daddy time - go get a job.

He never spent time with his family anyway after he quit, he was always on the road for ESPN.

Like others have noted, I felt that he left Florida because he didn't land the next Tebow to carry his program so he just bailed on the school when it wasn't looking good. Total scumbag. I hope he does the same to the Buck-I's in about 3 years after another stellar recruiting class doesn't pan out and fails to carry him to the promise land.