View Full Version : Stoops Presser. . .

Jack T.
11/22/2011, 01:27 PM
First question:

Al: "Can this defense be fixed?"

The Maestro
11/22/2011, 01:29 PM
Answer. "It worked 8 times."

Bleh. Here we go with the pride in Big 12 titles...love 'em and all, but...

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 01:34 PM

Hell by that logic, Jimmy Stevens is a hell of a kicker ,because we've won the majority of games in which he was kicking.

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 01:35 PM
Al should of said "well, what about the two times where it failed miserably?"

TUSooner
11/22/2011, 01:37 PM
If he denies that our defense is poor, I will be sad.

The Maestro
11/22/2011, 01:44 PM
If he denies that our defense is poor, I will be sad.

You're sad then. He said frustrating but they still played hard.

EatLeadCommie
11/22/2011, 01:46 PM
Honestly, if that's the way the question was phrased, it deserves that kind of answer. You gotta ask it in a way that boxes Bob in. If he still opts to do some verbal gymnastics with it, that's his call, but asking if his defense can be fixed is only going to **** him off.

kevpks
11/22/2011, 01:49 PM
I don't care what the hell he says in the press conference. The degree to which he chewed out all parties involved in secondary play during the game tells me that changes are coming. I have no clue what those changes are but we'll see.

Curly Bill
11/22/2011, 01:51 PM
I don't care what the hell he says in the press conference. The degree to which he chewed out all parties involved in secondary play during the game tells me that changes are coming. I have no clue what those changes are but we'll see.

You wanna wager on it? Bob doesn't make changes.

kevpks
11/22/2011, 02:10 PM
You wanna wager on it? Bob doesn't make changes.

I would but I need to save my VCash for bowl season. By the way, I should clarify. I'm not necessarily talking about coaching changes (which I'm getting pretty close to wanting to see) but I would think we'd tweak the scheme or depth chart. I remember that we brought out some new stuff for OSU last year and at minimum I think we'll see that again.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:13 PM
Anybody listening?

Lots of good questions...

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:16 PM
Why didn't he ask "if you were that pissed off, Bob, why didnt you force a substitution to start the second half?" Anybody remember a guy named Tony Jefferson, that was starting safety until T Lew broke a toe.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:18 PM
Anybody listening?

Lots of good questions...

I'm out of pocket. Please feel free to share.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:19 PM
Why didn't he ask "if you were that pissed off, Bob, why didnt you force a substitution to start the second half?" Anybody remember a guy named Tony Jefferson, that was starting safety until T Lew broke a toe.

He said he thought about Jefferson...but he said that would have created other problems....

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:20 PM
One Baylor's last drive the player responsible for staying in the flat was not at home...said he didn't even have a player to cover and should have been in position to make the tackle...

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:21 PM
On the TO...since it didn't work it was a bad call...

He hoped for a three and out and then get the ball with the wind behind em for a long field goal...

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:22 PM
He wasn't surprised when Baylor came out passing the ball after the TO...he thought that they would run one more time and then pass but wasn't surprised by the way Baylor reacted after the TO...

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:23 PM
Asked about lack of pressure after Lewis went out...he said it was part of the problem...that Baylor made no adjustments to reduce the pressure and neither did the Sooners...

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:23 PM
He said he thought about Jefferson...but he said that would have created other problems....

If it's not a repeatedly getting beat deep for a TD problem, them sign me up.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:24 PM
Would like to see a BCS game in the Cotton

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:25 PM
As of last night Ryan's surgery went fine...done in Bama...

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:25 PM
He wasn't surprised when Baylor came out passing the ball after the TO...he thought that they would run one more time and then pass but wasn't surprised by the way Baylor reacted after the TO...

Jeebus...facepalm.

TXBOOMER
11/22/2011, 02:27 PM
Give me T Jefferson as the final line of defense on this team any day. He is a game changer back there. Let Iboloye play underneath.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:27 PM
Asked about being a team build for OT and Baylor being crappy in the redzone...

He said he had confidence in his team...you can't guess how the other team will do...ISU did fine in the redzone against okie state even though ISU is horrible deep....

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:28 PM
Give me T Jefferson as the final line of defense on this team any day. He is a game changer back there. Let Iboloye play underneath.

Evidently he sees it differently...seeing them practice every day should give him a decent idea if a position change would help...he though it would cause more problems than it helped or he would have made the move....

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:28 PM

You'd think it's effing brain surgery.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:31 PM
Asked about being a team build for OT and Baylor being crappy in the redzone...

He said he had confidence in his team...you can't guess how the other team will do...ISU did fine in the redzone against okie state even though ISU is horrible deep....

This is crap.

Tear Down This Wall
11/22/2011, 02:32 PM
Stupid. Doesn't matter where the guy was or should have been if he'd let Briles run out the clock and go to overtime like he wanted to do. He knew his players had been missing assignments all night, and yet threw them out there again anyway in a situation where he knew Baylor had to pass.

Thinking Baylor would run one more running play? With no timeouts and 46 second left at the 70+ yards from the end zone? Come on, Bob.

The Maestro
11/22/2011, 02:32 PM
Best part. He was asked if he had seen Brody Eldridge's tweet. Bob's reply.

"I don't read anyone's tweets."

Said that we didn't lose to Baylor cause ESPN was on campus for 3 days 3 months ago...and I couldn't agree more.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:34 PM
Stupid. Doesn't matter where the guy was or should have been if he'd let Briles run out the clock and go to overtime like he wanted to do. He knew his players had been missing assignments all night, and yet threw them out there again anyway in a situation where he knew Baylor had to pass.

Thinking Baylor would run one more running play? With no timeouts and 46 second left at the 70+ yards from the end zone? Come on, Bob.

You are taking it wrong...he was expecting a run but wasn't surprised by the pass...but the kid responsible had completely left his zone and then had no chance to make the tackle...coverage was good just one guy out of position gave em the yardage...

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:35 PM
Best part. He was asked if he had seen Brody Eldridge's tweet. Bob's reply.

"I don't read anyone's tweets."

Said that we didn't lose to Baylor cause ESPN was on campus for 3 days 3 months ago...and I couldn't agree more.

I missed that...I wasn't in on the beginning...

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:37 PM
Damn, people, he was giving quality answers...the how and why....

But some of you want to act the bitch without even listening to the audio...

Screw ya all...no more highlights out of me...listen to the sum beech yourself...

Tear Down This Wall
11/22/2011, 02:38 PM
You are taking it wrong...he was expecting a run but wasn't surprised by the pass...but the kid responsible had completely left his zone and then had no chance to make the tackle...coverage was good just one guy out of position gave em the yardage...

Either way, none of it matters if Bob let's Art run out the clock.

Also, the way our kicking game has gone, to say your wanted to rely on that instead of getting a shot from 25 yards in with the Belldozer is stupid.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 02:40 PM
Here is the link...burn yourselves out...

http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=262607

delhalew
11/22/2011, 02:42 PM
Damn, people, he was giving quality answers...the how and why....

But some of you want to act the bitch without even listening to the audio...

Screw ya all...no more highlights out of me...listen to the sum beech yourself...

I'm looking for evidence that he doesn't consider himself infallible...

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 02:43 PM
One Baylor's last drive the player responsible for staying in the flat was not at home...said he didn't even have a player to cover and should have been in position to make the tackle...

Okay, Bob can you tell us why you have players out of position so often?

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 02:48 PM
Evidently he sees it differently...seeing them practice every day should give him a decent idea if a position change would help...he though it would cause more problems than it helped or he would have made the move....

I don't care what he saw in practice, it was very obvious during the GAME, his practice evaluation was wrong.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 02:51 PM
it's amazing that he stands there and answers the questions that Professional Sports Reporters ask him about and people who are still angry about the loss aren't willing to accept his answers. Bob has never offered up anything extra and hardly ever talks about injuries unless it's a Season Ending Injury and even then....these days....it's best to keep your mouth shut about those as guys like Broyles who will never ever play another down at OU don't need Bob making comments about their health when they have surgeries and recoveries to go through to try and save their Career in the NFL that they were playing so hard to have in their future. It's just inappropriate to talk about it all even though we as Fans want to know. He's never going to tell anyone you much. It's time folks accept that. He's protecting his Team and the Program.

Pressers are something that Sports Rags do to sell their stuff. If it wasn't for them...you probably would only get a Coaches Show if that.

it's funny when folks say, "They should have asked him this....or they should have asked him that...."

I'd prefer a Presser where each of you could go up there and ask any player or Coach anything you want and when they picked you up and threw you out a four Story Window they could have some folks down near the concrete that you fell onto with a micrphone and video camera to ask you how that felt......LMAO....

TXBOOMER
11/22/2011, 02:52 PM

We will see how he plays it this week. He knows he F'ed up.

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 02:57 PM
t's funny when folks say, "They should have asked him this....or they should have asked him that...."

what's funny about it?

I'd prefer a Presser where each of you could go up there and ask any player or Coach anything you want and when they picked you up and threw you out a four Story Window they could have some folks down near the concrete that you fell onto with a micrphone and video camera to ask you how that felt......LMAO...

and none of that changes the fact that he continues to downplay the failures of HIS defense, with comments such as "it's worked 8 time".

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 03:01 PM
what's funny about it?

and none of that changes the fact that he continues to downplay the failures of HIS defense, with comments such as "it's worked 8 time".

It doesn't make any difference?

And if you were in his shoes....you'd do it differently? You'd stand up there and squask for 15-30 minutes about what you think you suck at?

Sure you would....LMAO You'd be Coach somewhere else by the next day.

OU_Sooners75
11/22/2011, 03:04 PM
I think it is about time the press is putting his feet in the fire!

Stoops knows what he needs to do...he know what has happened.

Will he do what is necessary to correct the issues?

yermom
11/22/2011, 03:06 PM
If we couldn't stop them there how could we stop them at the 25 in OT with and extra set of downs and a timeout?

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 03:07 PM
It doesn't make any difference?

And if you were in his shoes....you'd do it differently? You'd stand up there and squask for 15-30 minutes about what you think you suck at?

Sure you would....LMAO You'd be Coach somewhere else by the next day.

Oh I think for 5 million a year him can handle it.

OU_Sooners75
11/22/2011, 03:09 PM
If we couldn't stop them there how could we stop them at the 25 in OT with and extra set of downs and a timeout?

Because they are worse than OU in the redzone.

That said, I heard a report (cant remember where) that stated that all of Baylors TD passes this year have been 34+ yards.

Shorten the field and it is easier on the defense.

cleller
11/22/2011, 03:12 PM
On the TO...since it didn't work it was a bad call...

He hoped for a three and out and then get the ball with the wind behind em for a long field goal...

Did anyone laugh when he said "three and out"?

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 03:16 PM

How do you figure they would pay you 5 million a Year?

Go ahead and post your resume and we will just take a poll here on the Board about what you should be paid to Coach the Sooners.

Ready, set....GO!

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 03:18 PM
I think it is about time the press is putting his feet in the fire!

Stoops knows what he needs to do...he know what has happened.

Will he do what is necessary to correct the issues?

I won't disagree about the Press asking him the questions....it's what they are paid to do. I just don't get Sooners getting upset with the Coach about his answers.

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 03:21 PM

Typical. The guy just doesn't get it.

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 03:23 PM
Because they are worse than OU in the redzone.

That said, I heard a report (cant remember where) that stated that all of Baylors TD passes this year have been 34+ yards.

Shorten the field and it is easier on the defense.

This is 100% correct

The Maestro
Typical. The guy just doesn't get it.

Extreme example, but it's like saying you drove to work for two weeks...and got in wrecks while texting two of those days...and telling your insurance agent, "It worked 8 times!"

Sometimes who and how you lose has to be accounted for.

OU_Sooners75
I won't disagree about the Press asking him the questions....it's what they are paid to do. I just don't get Sooners getting upset with the Coach about his answers.

I dont get why you are upset with fans being upset with the answers.

Sooner Nation is mixed right now. Some are okay....some aren't. The loss to Baylor has opened a lot of wounds.

That said, who cares. Stoops needs to be held to the fire once in awhile. It is what he does this week with the team and his coaches that will make a difference...not the questions or answers...so don't get upset by people not liking the answers.

Given the bad luck and losses, OU is still in a position to win a big 12 title. There is also a very slim (almost none) chance that OU could be in New Orleans...depending on what happens the next two weeks.

While I was upset about the loss...and still am...just time for the fans to move forward and get over the loss.

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 03:27 PM
I love Stoops but IMO he has an air of arrogance about him lately that suggests that he never have to answer to the fans. He is not bigger than this institution.

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 03:31 PM
Honestly, if that's the way the question was phrased, it deserves that kind of answer. You gotta ask it in a way that boxes Bob in. If he still opts to do some verbal gymnastics with it, that's his call, but asking if his defense can be fixed is only going to **** him off.

Poor baby. I wonder if the $5 million a year makes him pissed off. Seriously, I've never seen a coach more pampered in my life.

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 03:36 PM
How do you figure they would pay you 5 million a Year?

Go ahead and post your resume and we will just take a poll here on the Board about what you should be paid to Coach the Sooners.

Ready, set....GO!

Who the hell ever said I wanted to coach the Sooners other than YOU? I simply said, he's making a lot of money, I think he can handle some tough questions. Lighten up, you'll live longer.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 03:37 PM
Do any of you read?

There are plenty of things to talk about other than what Stoops said or didn't say. Again...he's protecting his Team and The Program. We have recruits out there that are still solid commits. Some of you don't get it. Especially folks in Jupiter. There is zero atmosphere on Jupiter so it really messes with the brain.

First example.....

Javon Harris was Interviewed and basically admitted to blowing some plays. When a Player doesn't perform after being Coached into his Junior year....it seems really plausible to blame a Coach and call for his head? BTW that's not a question.

Seriously....We have great Coaches and they do a Tremendous job. If that wasn't true you wouldn't see guys like Dom. Whaley pop onto the Radar. Guys like Dom walk on here, buy into what they are Coached and suddenly they are starting at OU? It's Football. It's an amazing sport and some times the amazing happens and sometimes the horrible happen (Whaley and Broyles Injuries). Coaches can try to plan for that but even Harris gets banged up but amazingly he doesn't give up like Fans can. He still shows up on Monday and he goes into an interview Room when he doesn't have to and he faces the press. Amazing Kid IMHO.
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/oklahoma/post?id=2073&_slug_=ous-harris-owns-up-to-mistakes-vs-baylor&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblo g%2fcolleges%2foklahoma%2fpost%3fid%3d2073%26_slug _%3dous-harris-owns-up-to-mistakes-vs-baylor

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 03:37 PM
I love Stoops but IMO he has an air of arrogance about him lately that suggests that he never have to answer to the fans. He is not bigger than this institution.

he's allowed to call out some poor fan who makes 35k a year, because he's not being loud enough, but how dare anyone call out his 5mill a year azz.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 03:38 PM
Who the hell ever said I wanted to coach the Sooners other than YOU? I simply said, he's making a lot of money, I think he can handle some tough questions. Lighten up, you'll live longer.

I'm gonna throw out a quote you made....I'll put it in Size 7 so you can read it.

If him can handle it....why can't you skippy?

SyN
11/22/2011, 03:38 PM
I feel that OU defensive backs just really are not that mentally prepared or what some say football smart... they seem to be out of position and actually not paying attention to whats going on around them... and for some unknown reason they need to wrap up when they close in for the tackle... The just throwing the body into the ball carrier really is bewildering to me.... This sense of arrogance is really getting old...... I don't have any clue if this is something the coaches can change or if it's just the style and attitude of these kids on the field...

Hopefully the coaching staff can get this fixed....

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 03:42 PM
he's protecting his Team and The Program

From what?

Javon Harris was Interviewed and basically admitted to blowing some plays

Gee Javon, ya think?

Player doesn't perform after being Coached into his Junior year....it seems really plausible to blame a Coach

Well, he is the coach? The buck stops with him, all 5 million of them.

Seriously....We have great Coaches and they do a Tremendous job.

Agreed 100%, but they need to be held accountable when the wheels fall off, just like EVERY OTHER employee in the world.

I'm not advocating that Stoops or any other coach be fired. I'm not asking them to make a public statement putting down players and the program. I am asking for some accountability and something other than "it's worked 8 times".

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 03:47 PM
I feel that OU defensive backs just really are not that mentally prepared or what some say football smart... they seem to be out of position and actually not paying attention to whats going on around them... and for some unknown reason they need to wrap up when they close in for the tackle... The just throwing the body into the ball carrier really is bewildering to me.... This sense of arrogance is really getting old...... I don't have any clue if this is something the coaches can change or if it's just the style and attitude of these kids on the field...

The missed and poor tackling is a direct result of coaching. Sometimes a RB or WR or QB is going to make a guy miss, we all understand that, but when you see players not wrapping up, and bouncing off guys because they're going for a big hit rather than just getting the guy to the ground, that is 100% coaching.

No, I don't think the coaches teach them to tackle that way, or should I say "none tackle" that way, but as a coach if you see your guys doing that, you jerk their *** aside and tell them " if you EVER do that again, you will NEVER play another down". The players have to know that if they do not wrap guys up, their *** will be on the bench.

And no, I'm not advocating pulling a player every time he misses a tackle, I'm talking about guys going in and trying to knock guy silly instead of wrapping them up.

OU_Sooners75
11/22/2011, 03:52 PM
Dale...

That is the exact reason why you are typing it and not coaching it.

Treat all players like that, you will end with a team that quits on you like Arizona quit on Mike Stoops.

That is not me saying that is what Mike Stoops did, but wont be surprised if that is why his team quit on him tw years in a row.

Young men today have too much estrogen!

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 04:01 PM
From what?

Gee Javon, ya think?

Well, he is the coach? The buck stops with him, all 5 million of them.

Agreed 100%, but they need to be held accountable when the wheels fall off, just like EVERY OTHER employee in the world.

I'm not advocating that Stoops or any other coach be fired. I'm not asking them to make a public statement putting down players and the program. I am asking for some accountability and something other than "it's worked 8 times".

It's not the Press' job even though you think it is. The press used to report the Sports, not make news. You are trying to get them to do the job of the AD at OU. Just because you think Bob has a Conspiracy to Have bad Defenses doesn't make it true. You aren't in their shoes and you only make up your mind based on whether or not we win every game every year.

You are just mad and you are just wrong.

It's hard to admit it I'm sure.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 04:08 PM

That's been covered and Harris manned up to it. The fact is we are under manned in the secondary and replacements are all freshman that aren't ready. Harris is working to do better. OU Fans need to learn to accept a loss instead of look for blame. It's Coaches job to help the players prepare and be ready and it's their job to help them adjust in the game. If it doesn't happen, sometimes it's just because the other Team has your number that day. It happens.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/22/2011, 04:09 PM
Dale...

Just say many men and I think you have it correct... Nag gangers have surgically removed the male testicles and the touchy-feely PC crowd has gone along with that...

delhalew
11/22/2011, 04:11 PM
Lmao. I'm happy as long as pressure is being brought to bare. That is what causes action to be taken.

In the end, statements like "it worked eight times" is just something for me to chuckle at. The important part is that the question was asked, and that it continues to be asked until the problem is resolved.

TUSooner
11/22/2011, 04:22 PM
I don't usually get to hear these pressers, but what I do hear makes me believe that Bob is a stand-up guy who gives straight answers. I also hope-suspect-wish that when he gives a "protective" answer that he knows in his heart what the real deal is, and that just because he may downplay a problem doesn't mean that he's really in denial. At least that's what I hope. Because coaches in denial are soon to be ex-coaches.

It would be foolish to fire Bob, but it's perfectly fine to make him be fully accountable. That said - if he thinks we don't have defensive problems that require coaches to find new solutions, well, we'll all be sad.

Dale Ellis
11/22/2011, 04:32 PM
Dale...

Treat all players like that, you will end with a team that quits on you like Arizona quit on Mike Stoops.

That is not me saying that is what Mike Stoops did, but wont be surprised if that is why his team quit on him tw years in a row.

So the coaches should just let them do what ever the hell they want for fear they may quit?

Telling a kid to do it the right way or else is a part of coaching. I can not believe the total apathy of some of some of you guys. Coach gets in player faces all the time, you tell the kid "you wrap them up or you won't play". If that's too harsh then I say who the hell needs a ***** like that on their team.

"little Johnny why did you quit the team?"
"cause coach Stoops told me if I don't tackle the right way, I'm not going to get to play".
" That BASTARD, how dare he talk to you that way"

Soonerjeepman
11/22/2011, 04:54 PM
Guys like Dom walk on here, buy into what they are Coached and suddenly they are starting at OU?
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/oklahoma/post?id=2073&_slug_=ous-harris-owns-up-to-mistakes-vs-baylor&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblo g%2fcolleges%2foklahoma%2fpost%3fid%3d2073%26_slug _%3dous-harris-owns-up-to-mistakes-vs-baylor

ummm...I agree our coaches are pretty good...but Dom was pretty good BEFORE he got to OU...ya know not every kid = his rating...and Dom WORKED his butt of not the coaches...

I also agree Harris did a very noble thing and owned up to his defensive lapses..

C&CDean
11/22/2011, 05:20 PM
Hey Dale Ellis,

Did you join this board to bitch about Stoops? If that's going to be your schtick, let me know now. If you are incapable of posting anything but coach-hate I will gladly remove your posting priviledges.

Your friend,

Dean

Mississippi Sooner
11/22/2011, 05:32 PM
Hey Dale Ellis,

Did you join this board to bitch about Stoops? If that's going to be your schtick, let me know now. If you are incapable of posting anything but coach-hate I will gladly remove your posting priviledges.

Your friend,

Dean

Nah, he's also stalking people on the political board. You know, just like a guy who was canned very, very recently.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 05:33 PM
ummm...I agree our coaches are pretty good...but Dom was pretty good BEFORE he got to OU...ya know not every kid = his rating...and Dom WORKED his butt of not the coaches...

I also agree Harris did a very noble thing and owned up to his defensive lapses..

So we are 65% near agreement is my guess.

Dom worked his *** off to get a Scholarship. Do you think he would have gotten it if he'd been 3rd string? Timing is everything sometimes. Dom was pretty good but what we were seeing was that with a decent Team to block for him and a chance to play at one of the premiere Schools in Div 1A, he rose to the occasion and became amazing. That's because of what Stoops and his Coaches have done here at OU for the last 11 years. It's also to do with the Monster, the Alums and the Students and even the TV Watching Fans and their support. I remember when the South EZ was Bleachers and there was no Switzer Center with a Trophy Room, State of the art Training Facilities and a Guy like Schmitty to help these players with S&C.

C&CDean
11/22/2011, 05:34 PM
Suspicious. I worked with a guy in DC named Dale Ellis (true story). He's still working up there. He's the laziest, most worthless, POS I've ever worked with (true story). I'm thinking this new (yeah right) guy might have picked a better handle.

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 05:34 PM
Traber is drilling Al on Stoops making excuses on TD Hour.

I normally agree with Al but this time he's off his rocker imo.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 05:36 PM
Nah, he's also stalking people on the political board. You know, just like a guy who was canned very, very recently.

At least he's got his Green Status. He should be very proud of that no matter how this turns out. I wonder if he'll have a Trophy made for himself.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 05:38 PM
Traber is drilling Al on Stoops making excuses on TD Hour.

I normally agree with Al but this time he's off his rocker imo.

Al has been on Jupiter for years. Traber has been in Boone Pickens Hiney for much longer than Al has been on Jupiter.

The fact that you are listening to either of them doesn't bode well for you.

C&CDean
11/22/2011, 05:44 PM
I saw Al in the Homeland today by Westwood Golf Course. I had one of my granddaughters all day and we stopped in there cause she likes riding the shopping cart with the little car attached. Anyhow, Al runs around like he's in the CIA or something. Dashing hither and tither with his stupid hat acting like he's a spy or something keeping his head down so nobody recognizes him. Reminds me of those blackbirds or crows that were spies on the Mad magazine.

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2011, 05:47 PM
when Badger started that thread to post meltdown threads from other teams

yeah i wonder if there's another message board out there having a guffaw at the expense of the ledge hangers on this board

toast
11/22/2011, 05:50 PM
I saw Al in the Homeland today by Westwood Golf Course. I had one of my granddaughters all day and we stopped in there cause she likes riding the shopping cart with the little car attached. Anyhow, Al runs around like he's in the CIA or something. Dashing hither and tither with his stupid hat acting like he's a spy or something keeping his head down so nobody recognizes him. Reminds me of those blackbirds or crows that were spies on the Mad magazine.

He was probably upset that your granddaughter got the cart he usually rides in.

pphilfran
11/22/2011, 05:52 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/1spy.jpg

cccasooner2
11/22/2011, 05:58 PM
Dale...

Estrogen and "Fix a Flat"

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111118-morris-hmed-340p.grid-4x2.jpg

OU_Sooners75
11/22/2011, 06:46 PM
So the coaches should just let them do what ever the hell they want for fear they may quit?

Telling a kid to do it the right way or else is a part of coaching. I can not believe the total apathy of some of some of you guys. Coach gets in player faces all the time, you tell the kid "you wrap them up or you won't play". If that's too harsh then I say who the hell needs a ***** like that on their team.

"little Johnny why did you quit the team?"
"cause coach Stoops told me if I don't tackle the right way, I'm not going to get to play".
" That BASTARD, how dare he talk to you that way"

1. Stop being sensitive.
2. Learn to read.
3. Learn to comprehend what you read.

I have played and coached college (few years) football.

That said you have to learn how to discipline each kid.

Before most people become coaches, they tend to take it as a minor. In that minor (at least when I took it) you had to take psychology, sociology, and other courses that teach you how to deal with different types of people.

But if you are acting like how you described you would, then you will lose the support of your players. Maybe doing so to a few is okay, but if you do it to all, then they will disrespect you. They will not buy into your system. They will ultimately not play their best for you.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 08:31 PM
I have played and coached college (few years) football.

It's difficult isn't it?

It's nearly a miracle when Coaches make it to the Stoops level too. Then to go and win 80+% of your games in Div 1A, especially at a School like OU....It's stuff people write books about. The Stoops Brothers are an amazing bunch of guys. Every School that's had them for a period of time seemed to really be glad they were at their School. I know some folks will bring up Arizona but I'd bet you that if you talked with most the folks involved with U ofA Atheletics....they would all say that they are sorry it didn't workout and that they have no hard feelings and hope that Mike finds the right place to Coach again.

I know there are plenty of our Fans that wish he was here next year so that says quite a bit right there.

Even if Mike was to replace Brent....we would miss Brent. it's going to be a huge deal to just turn an entire Defense around with a new Scheme, however since Mike has been here before and he and Brent are probably as close as Bob....it might be easier than if Bob went and found someone that would fit and be his best choice to be our DC next year. I'd imagine that people would find that Bob has the say in what we run and that letting Brent go wouldn't change much. It's why this whole "Fire Venables" promotion that is going on seem asinine IMO.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/22/2011, 09:32 PM
I don't care what he says in a presser..Don't care about Javon owning up to his mistakes...to think because he doesn't say it in public doesn't mean he doesn't know.

8timechamps
11/22/2011, 09:53 PM
Estrogen and "Fix a Flat"

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111118-morris-hmed-340p.grid-4x2.jpg

Don't forget the cement! I read about that yesterday, and you can't help but laugh.

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 09:57 PM
It's difficult isn't it?

It's nearly a miracle when Coaches make it to the Stoops level too. Then to go and win 80+% of your games in Div 1A, especially at a School like OU....It's stuff people write books about. The Stoops Brothers are an amazing bunch of guys. Every School that's had them for a period of time seemed to really be glad they were at their School. I know some folks will bring up Arizona but I'd bet you that if you talked with most the folks involved with U ofA Atheletics....they would all say that they are sorry it didn't workout and that they have no hard feelings and hope that Mike finds the right place to Coach again.

I know there are plenty of our Fans that wish he was here next year so that says quite a bit right there.

Even if Mike was to replace Brent....we would miss Brent. it's going to be a huge deal to just turn an entire Defense around with a new Scheme, however since Mike has been here before and he and Brent are probably as close as Bob....it might be easier than if Bob went and found someone that would fit and be his best choice to be our DC next year. I'd imagine that people would find that Bob has the say in what we run and that letting Brent go wouldn't change much. It's why this whole "Fire Venables" promotion that is going on seem asinine IMO.

Troop displays the qualifications to be the next softball pitcher at the press conferences.