PDA

View Full Version : R. Lewis is out for the year?

Dan Thompson
11/21/2011, 07:12 PM
I just saw a item on my favorite website, that said he was hurt in the Baylor game, his left knee, and was going to mess the rest of the season.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Here's the link

http://normantranscript.com/ousports/x1094288708/Team-dealt-another-blow-with-injury-to-Ronnell-Lewis

8timechamps
11/21/2011, 07:17 PM
I thought it was a knee. It looked like he leg whipped another player chasing down a WR. I really hope he's not done, he's a huge part of any success we have on defense. Once he left the game, Baylor exploited it. He's a little like Murray was, just can't seem to stay healthy.

In any event, I hope he's okay...not just for football, but for life after. Knees (if that is what is hurt) are finicky.

jumperstop
11/21/2011, 07:18 PM
I heard 2-3 week MCL sprain a couple days back on here....

VA Sooner
11/21/2011, 07:25 PM
Damn... the Hammer out against the Pokes in two weeks... that one is going to hurt. We saw the shift in the defensive pressure once he got knocked out of the game. King and Washington will have to step up like they did last Saturday and it starts this weekend against ISU.

Good thing for the Hammer that it isn't a career-ending injury though. Kid needs a break though.

The team needs a break... injuries abound.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 07:44 PM
Who gives a ****? Fire the coaches. It's their galdamn fault.

cccasooner2
11/21/2011, 08:14 PM
Who gives a ****? Fire the coaches. It's their galdamn fault.

About time you saw the light!

cccasooner2
11/21/2011, 08:17 PM
I heard 2-3 week MCL sprain a couple days back on here....

That's about the rest of the year as far as football goes. Think he will play in a bowl?

PLaw
11/21/2011, 08:52 PM
I think this year now surpasses 2009 as the most freakin' injuries to key players. I'm sick and tired of it. What type of sacrifice do we need to make to the football gods to stop these sorry things? What sins have we committed to deserve this type of hellfire and brimstone?

Box - RIP
Broyles - ACL
Habern - Arm
Whaley - Ankle
Flemming - Knee
Lewis - Knee
Jones
Clay
Jefferson

Okay - who am I missing?? This sux.

Bummer

Soonerus
11/21/2011, 08:57 PM
Fire Smitty...

cccasooner2
11/21/2011, 09:00 PM
I think this year now surpasses 2009 as the most freakin' injuries to key players. I'm sick and tired of it. What type of sacrifice do we need to make to the football gods to stop these sorry things? What sins have we committed to deserve this type of hellfire and brimstone?

Box - RIP
Broyles - ACL
Habern - Arm
Whaley - Ankle
Flemming - Knee
Lewis - Knee
Jones
Clay
Jefferson

Okay - who am I missing?? This sux.

Bummer

Don't forget the bad fish. :)
Wort missed a little, TLewis foot, Jarvis Jones.

tulsaoilerfan
11/21/2011, 09:40 PM
Some of the older posters may remember 1985; we lost alot of starters that season but the difference was we had the depth and an easier schedule so they overcame it

VA Sooner
11/21/2011, 09:44 PM
Forgot about T-Lew's broken toe.

Jarvis Jones missing since beginning of the season... but not a bad thing since discovering great talent in Adam Shead and Gabe Ikard. Luckily... o-line has held up in spite of Habern's injury although the run game "seemed" tighter then but hard to determine now with Whaley out.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 09:46 PM
Well let's fire the ****ing coaches dammit. I mean let's be honest, they caused all this ****. I say we start a petition or something. Or maybe mass hari kari on Lindsey and Asp? Yeah, that's the ticket.

salth2o
11/21/2011, 09:55 PM
Well let's fire the ****ing coaches dammit. I mean let's be honest, they caused all this ****. I say we start a petition or something. Or maybe mass hari kari on Lindsey and Asp? Yeah, that's the ticket.

Finally someone pointing out the real problem. I think Stoops and his henchmen are making the guys workout too hard and that's resulting in them getting hurt and stuff. :rolleyes:

Fire the whole lot of 'em...

toast
11/21/2011, 10:43 PM

Seriously Dean???? We all know the coaching staff has nothing to do with the injuries....it's all Obama's fault.

salth2o
11/21/2011, 10:48 PM
Seriously Dean???? We all know the coaching staff has nothing to do with the injuries....it's all Obama's fault.

Fire him too!

oumartin
11/21/2011, 10:49 PM
so, his sooner career is over.

BeaSooner
11/21/2011, 10:55 PM
It's a shame. Ronnell is one of my fav players to watch. Hope he heals up well, and pummels some *** in the NFL.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2011, 12:15 AM
I don't think our injury list is that out of the ordinary in numbers. And many were out for a game or 2 and not the entire season. But if you look at *who* we lost, it's crippling. Here would be my list of top player we couldn't afford to lose in order:

L. Jones
D. Whaley
R. Broyles
F. Alexander
R. Lewis

You could make this 2 separate lists of offense and defense and you could easily swap Whaley/Broyles and Alexander/Lewis. I list offense first because I believe we are an offense first team (offense controls the game). So we have lost 3 of our 5 most critical players now assuming Lewis is out for the next 2. And people that claim you can just plug in the next guy and deal with it are plain wrong. There are players you can do that with and we have (Habern J.Jones), but you can't do it with stars. Folks use LSU or Bama as an example and I saw that game. If LSU didn't have Jordan Jefferson, they had no chance. If Bama didn't have Richardson, they had no chance either. And I'm just talking about 1 player - not 3 of the top 5.

PCSooner
11/22/2011, 01:03 AM
Ronnell will play against OSU.

slugbug
11/22/2011, 01:53 AM
Take it for what it's worth but Dean Blevins said on the Sunday nite sports blitz that Ronnell Lewis has played his last game in a Sooner uniform.

oumartin
11/22/2011, 01:59 AM
Take it for what it's worth but Dean Blevins said on the Sunday nite sports blitz that Ronnell Lewis has played his last game in a Sooner uniform.

Well if Dean said it is there someplace I can bet all my vcash on him playing again this year?

soonerstan56
11/22/2011, 03:45 AM

Did Dean give a percentage? If not then were good!

Stan