PDA

View Full Version : All things considered, do you believe we will still beat the pokes?

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 10:42 PM
This is a PRIVATE poll

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 10:58 PM
Yes, yes I do.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 11:29 PM
If someone gifted to me $10,000.00, but with the stipulation that I had to bet it all on on one of the teams to win, this is a real toughie. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/scratchchin.gif

olevetonahill
11/20/2011, 11:30 PM
If someone gifted to me $10,000.00, but with the stipulation that I had to bet it all on on one of the teams to win, this is a real toughie. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/scratchchin.gif
Not me
Id put it all on the Sooners

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 11:32 PM
Sooners all the way, Baby. I'll be putting vCash down on this one.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 11:35 PM
I think I'm still in shock. :O

cccasooner2
11/20/2011, 11:37 PM
Absolutely, OU for the win. If I don't go vBroke this week, I'm going all in the next. As Corso so elloquently put it, "F*ck it!"

PhiDeltBeers
11/20/2011, 11:45 PM
What if it was your $10k? Then what?

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 11:52 PM
What if it was your $10k? Then what?That would not be a possibility, since I would never risk my own money like that. :)

This would be a MUCH easier question if it were; Who do you WANT to win.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 11:54 PM
It depends. Does their QB have world class speed?

olevetonahill
11/21/2011, 12:10 AM
What if it was your $10k? Then what?

I never bet more than I can afford to lose. so No i wouldnt bet 10K on any thing
I will however put a 100 on OU to win against the pokes

olevetonahill
11/21/2011, 12:13 AM
That would not be a possibility, since I would never risk my own money like that. :)

This would be a MUCH easier question if it were; Who do you WANT to win.
Believe? Want ? Whats the difference?
I always BELIEVE we gonna win

Peach Fuzz
11/21/2011, 12:22 AM
Difference for me is I sure as hell think we can win. I wont be surprised if we lose. We seem to play to the level of our opponents and no one can really argue pokies ability to **** bricks against us.

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 12:39 AM
Difference for me is I sure as hell think we can win. I wont be surprised if we lose. We seem to play to the level of our opponents and no one can really argue pokies ability to **** bricks against us.I know one thing for sure having attended all but one Bedlam game there since the 90's, and that is, when the pokes are playing OU, its a real tough place to play.

oksoonerdave
11/21/2011, 01:05 AM
Of course we will. The aggies still actually think they have a shot at the MNC and we will again bring them back to earth.

cyclonesooner
11/21/2011, 01:45 AM
Considering the urgency and intellect our secondary plays with, no pressure on the QB, plus the level of talent that OSU possesses in their offensive line, it would be hard for me to pick the Sooners.

soonercastor
11/21/2011, 02:31 AM
We should, but we've had all kinds of streaks being broken this year; let's hope this isn't one of them.

CowboyMRW
11/21/2011, 03:12 AM
Really looking forward to this game. Although it is for the Big 12 title, I think in preseason we both had dreams of playing in the MNC. Sad to see those dreams have faded but these teams still have a lot to play for. I expect another nail biter as it usually is in Stillwater.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 08:56 AM
Considering the urgency and intellect our secondary plays with, no pressure on the QB, plus the level of talent that OSU possesses in their offensive line, it would be hard for me to pick the Sooners.

This is the kind of post that makes me just go "wtf do our fans think?" We are #3 nationally in sacks (3.60 per game) and #3 nationally in Tackles for Loss (8.4 per game). My question is this: have you ever even watched a game this year?

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 08:58 AM
I think I'm still in shock. :O

This would explain your silly behavior/posting the past 48-hours or so. I was gonna say shock, or sudden retardation.:obama icon:

OU GENO
11/21/2011, 09:01 AM
Yes and who cares about iowa state!

Boomer.....
11/21/2011, 09:38 AM
We haven't been able to slow down a good offense yet, so I'm not sure what we can do to stop the best offense in the Big 12.

We usually have a wrinkle that works against aggy, but I wouldn't bet on us.

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 02:32 PM
This would explain your silly behavior/posting the past 48-hours or so. I was gonna say shock, or sudden retardation.:obama icon:You are suppose to leave me alone after a loss, until Wednesday. We have always had that understanding. So just hush up.

tooslow
11/21/2011, 02:32 PM
This is easy. I'd gladly bet $100 of my money on OSU. Either way, I win, although I'd much rather be $100 poorer. ;)

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 02:36 PM
Believe? Want ? Whats the difference?
I always BELIEVE we gonna winI WANT a jaguar, but my bank and I BELIEVE I cant have one.

jumperstop
11/21/2011, 02:38 PM
I voted yes, but only because it seems that Gundy can't beat OU. If the same OU teams shows up that showed up friday we will probably come out of there with a loss.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/21/2011, 03:16 PM
Difference for me is I sure as hell think we can win. I wont be surprised if we lose. We seem to play to the level of our opponents and no one can really argue pokies ability to **** bricks against us.

this^ we play well in big games, but look like powder puffs against teams we should destroy.

Trophy Husband
11/21/2011, 03:17 PM
I hope so, but unless we can figure out a way to keep them under 600 yards and from scoring 48 points, we will not.

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 03:31 PM
I have one Valium left, that I have been hoarding since last April. If we lose, I will take it, thus sparing you all of any other meltdown I may have. Thats the best I can do, but for right now, I am in total and utter shock that Baylor beat us and that Texas Tech beat us and on our own turf no less, ruining our winning streak. This...during a season I really honestly believed with all my heart that we would win the National Championship. I have not believed that since the year USC beat us for it in TGOWWDNS.

Maybe this thread is retarded, but I really want OU to beat oSu something fierce, not just for the team but for all of you as well, and this thread was my way of trying to build up some faith. That is all.

Sabanball
11/21/2011, 03:32 PM
Yes. OSU showed friday night they are still not ready for prime time.

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 04:36 PM
Yes. OSU showed friday night they are still not ready for prime time.Speaking of time, one thing that concerns me is that Coach Stoops said he doesn't not like to play at night. This game is a night game.

BoomerJack
11/21/2011, 04:58 PM
No, I don't think the Sooners will beat OSU. And this just isn't from the performance against BU. I had my doubts even before Whaley & Broyles went down.

I'm of the opinion that we've played too inconsistently to beat them this year. i.e. the running game has sputtered all year and the defense seems to give up a lot of big plays.

jumperstop
11/21/2011, 05:03 PM
Speaking of time, one thing that concerns me is that Coach Stoops said he doesn't not like to play at night. This game is a night game.

Well what I heard him say in the press conference was more like "We will be excited to play whenever they tell us to play..." but you're right he didn't sounds excited and neither do I. I hate all these night games. Every game we get a teams crazy fans and for some reason it seems our team doesn't like playing at night...

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 06:27 PM
I miss the Stoops that use to say that we would play anyone, anywhere, day or night, and even in the parking lot. Now he winces at away games and night games. :(

Phil
11/21/2011, 07:46 PM
We will win, and I will believe that unless and until the clock reads 0:00 at New Rustoleum two Saturdays hence and says something different. We own Aggy, and we will continue to own them. I kinda even hope that Auburn beats Bama and Arky beats LSU so they'll think they still have a shot at the big game.

I Am Right
11/21/2011, 08:31 PM
Not a chance especially with our vaunted minnows in the secondary

prrriiide
11/21/2011, 08:43 PM
The OU that made Mack's arsehole look like the Holland Tunnel will do the same to Gumby.

The OU that spread its legs like a chitfaced sorority girl will get beat by 5 td's.

VA Sooner
11/21/2011, 08:44 PM
Oh ye have little faith.

We always... ALWAYS... bring our A game to play the Aggies. I agree with CowboyMRW... it will be a slugfest only for the pure rivalry of it all and I am looking forward to the game (after we finish with ISU of course).

But we will prevail. Won't matter how many injuries we have by then.... Whaley, Broyles, Ronnell, Habern, and whoever is hurt in the ISU game can watch from the sidelines as the young ones will step up and take care of business.

3rdgensooner
11/29/2011, 11:34 AM
Any new voters on this?

OULenexaman
11/29/2011, 11:40 AM
I'm afraid to.....Phil is already 0 fer 2.:topsy_turvy:

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 11:44 AM
I miss the Stoops that use to say that we would play anyone, anywhere, day or night, and even in the parking lot. Now he winces at away games and night games. :(

Really?

He had Landry and Ryan Broyles convinced differently this year. They were on ESPN telling in on national TV that they were taking it head on this year.

I ran into Bob in the parking lot outside the Switzer Center Friday before the Game. He's not hiding from anyone. You should get in your car and head down with a videocam and just ask him that question straight up. I'm sure you wouldn't get much of an answer but the look on his face of WTF is wrong with you would be priceless. Phil could post it on the Home Page or even start a Forum of Classics on how not to treat a Head coach with 80+% Winning Records.

You should just come back two Wednesdays after the oSu Game. Wednesday of this week isn't enough time.

SoonerMarkVA
11/29/2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I think we do, particularly if nationally we are written off. Nothing seems to get Stoops' attention like that.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 11:46 AM
Any new voters on this?

No it's private like most of the nut houses are since the 1970's.

3rdgensooner
11/29/2011, 11:50 AM
No it's private like most of the nut houses are since the 1970's.I don't know what the poll being private has to do with my question.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 11:53 AM
I don't know what the poll being private has to do with my question.

I don't know why you make one Private or close it until the Day before the game is played, but if you think you're gonna get an answer that makes any sense....good luck with that.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/29/2011, 11:53 AM
Let's see. Our best defensive player has a bum shoulder. Our 2nd best defensive player is out. Our secondary is schizo. Our receivers can't catch a cold. We can't score in the red zone.

Of course we're going to win:D

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2011, 11:58 AM
What's that saying about a wounded animal being dangerous? We got the wounded part...

3rdgensooner
11/29/2011, 11:58 AM
I don't know why you make one Private or close it until the Day before the game is played, but if you think you're gonna get an answer that makes any sense....good luck with that.What are you talking about?

And this answer makes perfect sense:

Let's see. Our best defensive player has a bum shoulder. Our 2nd best defensive player is out. Our secondary is schizo. Our receivers can't catch a cold. We can't score in the red zone.

Eielson
11/29/2011, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping that people in this poll are just concerned about missing Broyles. If he were healthy I would've felt very confident about this game, even with it being in Stillwater.

Dan Thompson
11/29/2011, 06:44 PM
If the weather is bad, like last week, our running game is great, our D is hitting on all cyclinders - YES.

cccasooner2
11/29/2011, 07:48 PM
Absolutely, OU for the win. If I don't go vBroke this week, I'm going all in the next. As Corso so elloquently put it, "F*ck it!"

No turning back now. :D All in v$19,455,140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabanball
11/29/2011, 07:59 PM
The saturday weather forecast for Stillwater is cold, wet, and heavy wind gusts. I think this favors you guys--you all have a better run game than the pokes.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2011, 08:07 PM
The saturday weather forecast for Stillwater is cold, wet, and heavy wind gusts. I think this favors you guys--you all have a better run game than the pokes.

No they don't. They have a much better run defense, but not a better run offense

ouwasp
11/29/2011, 08:27 PM
Saw an old friend of mine today, haven't seen him in quite awhile. He was betting football before I was born. I said, "Well if osu doesn't beat OU this yr, I don't know if they ever will..."

Old guy: "Are you kidding? OU's gonna beat them like a tom-tom..."

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:29 PM

And the Team that beat oSu and still had over 8 turnovers in the game in Ames basically just got shutout by that bunch of rag tag Defensive players OU put on the field last Saturday. So yeah....oSu is worried as hell.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2011, 09:31 PM
And the Team that beat oSu and still had over 8 turnovers in the game in Ames basically just got shutout by that bunch of rag tag Defensive players OU put on the field last Saturday. So yeah....oSu is worried as hell.

And the team that beat OU in Waco was down 49-3 in the 4th quarter. Transitive property doesn't work in CFB at all.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:34 PM
No they don't. They have a much better run defense, but not a better run offense

Rushing Offense

OU 47th in the nation

oSu 57th.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&rpt=IA_teamrush&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Rushing Defense

OU 31st

oSu 93rd

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&rpt=IA_teamrush&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Try again.

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:37 PM
Dear Mama....that is how you make someone your bitch. :D

CowboyMRW
11/29/2011, 09:40 PM
You have 55 more attempts but we have a higher Avg carry and more touchdowns.

Also, yes I said you had a much better run defense

StoopTroup
11/29/2011, 09:43 PM
My Gawd....You found a Stat you were higher in....ROTFLMFAO....

Sooner_Tuf
11/29/2011, 11:33 PM
I think we are better than Iowa State and they beat 'em. So yeah I think the Sooners can beat the pokes, again.

/

Okie35
11/29/2011, 11:39 PM
Yes because we don't have to deal w/ zone reads. Unless Oklahoma State figured something out during their bye this should be a win.

Aries
11/30/2011, 09:01 AM
Never underestimate OSU's ability to poke choke.

SunnySooner
11/30/2011, 09:21 AM
Hell yeah, we'll beat 'em!!!! Come on, Mama!! Shake it off, baby!!! Wear crimson the rest of the week to get your mojo back, and plan on partying with the rest of Sooner Nation on Saturday night. I know, these aren't the usual pukes we're used to, but still!!! Is Gundy still the coach? Has he EVER played us without peeing down his leg while wearing a permanent deer-in-the-headlights-O God-please-let-this-thing-be-over-soon expression on his face?? You'd think he was in the colonoscopy waiting room, not a sideline. They're THEM---ya know, AGGIES!!!! We're US, bygod SOONERS!!!!! The reasons this record is so onesided is NOT because we've always had the better team. See 2009. Yes, that was Norman, but still--that team had the busdriver and a couple big Tuba players from the Pride on it's starting lineup, and we STILL thumped them. Shut-out style.

Go drink a cosmo or 3 and relax. It may be close, like last year, but don't worry. We'll get the W. This is the aggiest team I've ever seen, they will not disappoint. Us, anyway. The orange-clad crowd is gonna need a pig trough full of Prozac. Lucky for them, pig troughs are never in short supply on that campus. ;)

soonerinbixby
11/30/2011, 10:23 AM
With some of the results of games I've seen this year, an OU win wouldn't shock me at all.