PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate OU's season thus far on a 1-10 scale (10 is best)...

Soonerus
11/20/2011, 08:03 PM
I'd give it a 7-8...

The Ghost of Mex
11/20/2011, 08:05 PM
Six, for now...

lasooner123
11/20/2011, 08:06 PM
4...this was championship or bust in my book

OUNASH
11/20/2011, 08:08 PM
Id say a 5 since we were considered to be the front runner in the Natl title race. Laying eggs against inferior opponents makes this one of the more dissappointing for me.

OUmillenium
11/20/2011, 08:16 PM

Would be lower if not for gutsy win at Florida St, blowout of UTerus (this should make it a 9-10 if everything else would fall in place), and strong win at KSU.

Total flops v TTech and Baylor are inexcusable. How bout losing to FSU or OSU and being able to beat teams that we have considerable more talent than? Hmmm

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 08:22 PM
We just lost to Baylor, thats -10 points right there. Losing on our own turf against Taco Tech and ruining our home winning steak....another -10. Beating Texas...a gain of 10 So I would put us at a negative 10. If we beat oSu, I will give it a +10 and we would break even at 0. If we lose to oSu -20.

Jack T.
11/20/2011, 08:26 PM
Well, if 5 is average, and we, on average, win 80% of our games each year. . .then this year would have to be a 4 up to this point.

Still, this season could end up "average", meaning we win out, win the conference, and play in a BCS bowl. That's an "average" about 118 other teams playing ball would like to have.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 08:30 PM
Well, if 5 is average, and we, on average, win 80% of our games each year. . .then this year would have to be a 4 up to this point.

Still, this season could end up "average", meaning we win out, win the conference, and play in a BCS bowl. That's an "average" about 118 other teams playing ball would like to have.Yeah and their coaching staffs would also like to have our coaching staffs salaries, and their players would like to have our facilities and some of our ***, **** and ***** players as their teammates.

BigTip
11/20/2011, 08:34 PM
It's better than say... 5-7, that's for sure. :sneakiness:

Remember that we are way spoiled. Here is Baylor in the top 25, playing a top 5 team, and they still can't sell out their stadium. Would you want to be any other program in the country than us?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2011, 08:38 PM
4...this was championship or bust in my bookI agree with the sentiment, but would rate it 5-6.

colinreturn
11/20/2011, 08:40 PM

sooner59
11/20/2011, 08:42 PM
I guess 5. Given the goals, starting position, and the start of the season up until the Tech game, this was "supposed" to be one of those special seasons. So far the only things special about it was a cool bigtime win on the road against FSU, blowing out texas, ruining out home win streak, and losing to baylor for the first time. 2 goods and 2 bads = 5 of 10.

Actually, given the fact that we lost Whaley and Broyles for the season, I'll drop it to a 4. I hate seeing our guys get injured.

TUSooner
11/20/2011, 08:46 PM
Precisely.

Losing to TT at home was absolutely inexcusable. Losing to RGIII on the road was less appalling, but the overall lack of defensive respectability keeps us below 5.

soonervegas
11/20/2011, 08:52 PM
With preseason expectations 5-6. Possibility of getting back to a 7-8, likely ending below a 5 though.

OUInformant
11/20/2011, 09:22 PM
5 at best. Going preseason 1 and dropping our home-game winning streak to a 4 TD dog and then losing to a 2 TD dog when we worked our way back into the national championship picture.

I guess this is the same thing that happens every year now.

cleller
11/20/2011, 09:28 PM
I'll have to wait and see the expression on Weeden's face in a couple weeks. No way it can go higher than a 7, though.

tulsaoilerfan
11/20/2011, 10:29 PM
Ask me on December 3 about 11 pm

sooneron
11/20/2011, 10:49 PM

oudivesherpa
11/20/2011, 11:16 PM
We just had a horrific loss, but on the whole I would say current record is 70 percent
Better than most seasons, so I'd give the season a 7.

pappy
11/20/2011, 11:28 PM
5 right now I'll give it a 5.5 if we get a share of the big 12 title. (we can't have it by ourselves this year only little brother can) ...this team, this season was national title or bust. ... bust.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2011, 12:35 AM
I never bought into the national title hype because I didn't perceive us being dominant in the trenches. So my expectations until yesterday were met - figured we'd be a 1 loss team with an outside shot but still on track to win the conference. That would have been a 10. Sneaking into the title would have moved my dial to 11 and winning it all would have been off the scale. I'm down to 7 or 8 with 2 losses and having to share the conference at best.

Tear Down This Wall
11/21/2011, 12:46 AM
Six, for now...

Six, for sure. We started out at the top. Had we lost to a Top 5 or 10 team, that would be one thing. But, laying eggs against Texas Tech and Baylor....

I don't care how many injuries and banged up guys we have. We - and, this goes for Texas as well, so Texas lurkers listen up - constantly sign Top 5 to 10 recruiting classes. Every year. We do and Texas does. Baylor and Texas Tech do not. They may accidentally get a Top 25 class once in a blue moon.

We - and, again, Texas - should be deep enough to be doing what LSU is doing:

"What? You've got three of my starters sitting in your jail cell?? No problem. Their as*es will be on the bench this weekend watching their backups kick the dogsh*t out of someone."

The reason we don't is Bob Stoops and Mack Brown believe their own press clippings. If players go out with injuries, we can't - and, apparently Texas can't - coach well enough to have backups ready to play at just as high a level.

It's sickening. Look at this crap. Texas sitting at 6-4...and staring 6-6 in the face...and we've been donkey-dicked by Texas Tech and Baylor. It's not even fun to hate Texas anymore, they're so pitiful. North Texas would kick their dicks in at this point.

What do you think the college football-watching nation thinks about that? They think we're a joke. Us, Texas...and the conference we are supposed to be dominating in tandem. Embarrassing.

This season will be a six if we get by Iowa State and Oklahoma State and win our BCS game against Boise State or Houston.

Buttwrenches.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2011, 01:19 AM
So you're saying it's just a game?

Curly Bill
11/21/2011, 02:01 AM

allanace16
11/21/2011, 03:03 AM
This really deserves an incomplete, but as it is, I suppose I'm thinking 5.

I mean this squad has a lot of black marks on its record for one that was favored to win the NC at the start of the season.
- Home win streak over
- First OU loss to Baylor ever
- Two of the worst defensive performances in OU history

Really the streak versus OSU is the only thing left. It's almost a testament to how crappy Texas has been that we kicked the dog**** out of them. I know that was a game the players probably looked forward to, which is the only thing that gives me hope for the OSU game. We seem to get up for the big ones and sleepwalk through everything else. I mean it's pretty simple, win out and go to the BCS, and the season is relatively salvaged. Lose at OSU (or God forbid lose out) and these guys probably go down as the most underachieving squad Stoops has put together.

EatLeadCommie
11/21/2011, 03:14 AM
a 4. If we lose to the Pokes, which we probably will, we will get a 1 and it will easily be the worst coaching job in Stoops' career. If we win, a 6. Big XII title be damned because we lost to absolutely awful teams.

Texas Golfer
11/21/2011, 05:09 AM
I was going to give it an 8 (as in 8 & 2) but the loss to Tech still sticks in my craw so I'm going to say 7. We've gotten spoiled and expect to win the conference and play for the national championship each year. Anything less and we're calling for Stoops head.

OUNASH
11/21/2011, 08:31 AM
I was going to give it an 8 (as in 8 & 2) but the loss to Tech still sticks in my craw so I'm going to say 7. We've gotten spoiled and expect to win the conference and play for the national championship each year. Anything less and we're calling for Stoops head.

I agree we are spoiled but losing to a Tech team who has lost 4 out of 5 and that lone win coming against us plus the fact we get beat by a Baylor team that beat Kansas by 1 is unexcusable. This whole team, coaches and players need to do a little soul searching and take some responsibility and fix the problem. Stops needs to quit blaming the players and put some of it on the coaches.

Curly Bill
11/21/2011, 08:33 AM
I agree we are spoiled but losing to a Tech team who has lost 4 out of 5 and that lone win coming against us plus the fact we get beat by a Baylor team that beat Kansas by 1 is unexcusable. This whole team, coaches and players need to do a little soul searching and take some responsibility and fix the problem. Stops needs to quit blaming the players and put some of it on the coaches.

I'm guessing he doesn't play golf with the players though. :biggrin:

Aries
11/21/2011, 08:39 AM
5 at best.

We lost to two teams we should have beat.

Home win streak ended, 100% streak agains Baylor has ended, decent chance we won't even win the Big 12.

It could get a little better, but I'd say even if we win our last two games and a bowl game, I can't put it any higher than a 7.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/21/2011, 08:43 AM
if we lose out (moderate possibility, imo): 3/10 final record: 8-5
if we win out (not likely, therefore..): 9/10 final record: 11-2
if we beat iowa state & OSU, lose bowl game: 8/10 final record: 10-3
if we beat iowa state & lose to OSU, win bowl game: 6/10 final record: 10-3
if we beat iowa state & lose to OSU, lose bowl game: 4/10 final record: 9-4

meoveryouxinfinity
11/21/2011, 08:44 AM
5 at best.

We lost to two teams we should have beat.

Home win streak ended, 100% streak agains Baylor has ended, decent chance we won't even win the Big 12.

It could get a little better, but I'd say even if we win our last two games and a bowl game, I can't put it any higher than a 7.
if we win out we've won another Big 12 championship and BCS bowl. that's above status quo for us.

zeke
11/21/2011, 08:58 AM
I wasnt going to buy into the hype that we got before & early in the season. But as usual I did start to believe we were that good. I thought that aTm or osu might trip us up. NEVER EVER did I think tt at home or baylor could even play with OU. But I was wrong, so looking back at it I give it a 6. If we win out, Bowl game included a strong 7, low 8.

soonercoop1
11/21/2011, 09:13 AM

PLaw
11/21/2011, 09:16 AM
it's been very frustrating and disappointing, but we can still win the Bix XII.

At this point, it's 6 because we have coached ourselves totally out of the national championship picture.

If we win the Big XII, then it's a 7. Winning the Big XII is an great year for others in the league, but it is the norm for us which makes the season average.

If we win the Big XII and a BCS bowl game, then it may move to an 8.

Boomer

meoveryouxinfinity
11/21/2011, 11:42 AM
fathom this: we could very realistically lose the last 4 games of the season (Baylor, ISU, OSU, bowl). when is the last time this was possible under a stoops team?

LVSOONER15
11/21/2011, 11:44 AM
I give it a 7.5.

badger
11/21/2011, 12:13 PM
9.9. :)

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2011, 12:14 PM
9.9. :)

I like it.

cfin5256
11/21/2011, 12:21 PM
I would have to say 5; only because this was the season that the coaches and players actually talked about embracing championship expectations, and fell flat. Injuries derailed it a bit, but I still feel that we are loaded talent-wise. Just wish we could have found consistency before now; we've either been dominant or inept, couldn't ever find a middle ground with this bunch.

cantwait48
11/21/2011, 12:33 PM
hard to say now, if we win the big12 and the bowl I would say 8. If we lose out from here then 3. so somewhere between 3 and 8. Right now I would say 7 since we still have a chance to win the conference.

GreenSooner
11/21/2011, 12:42 PM
I agree with a lot of the other posters:

Right now it's a 4.

If we lose our last two games, that becomes a 3 (unless we also lose a bowl game, in which case it's a 2).

If we beat ISU and lose to OSU and win a bowl game, I'd call it a 5 (but if we lose the bowl game, it stays a 4).

We win our last two games and the Fiesta Bowl, however, it's an 8 (with a Fiesta Bowl loss, given the likely competition, I'd call it a 6).

StoopTroup
11/21/2011, 12:52 PM
Given the obstacles, a ten.

They continue to play like 10s in the 4th qtr.

We were so close to being undefeated this Season. It had my heart pumping and I was hopeful that we would see another 2000 season by getting past the injury plague we are under. It wasn't in the cards but this Team will always be a 10 for me. I saw some incredible Football since Landry took over from Sam.

Neath a Western Sky
11/21/2011, 01:37 PM
One of the great disappointments as a season, considering the expectations, declarations, and talent, of any I can remember in a half-century of following the Sooners. So whatever number that means...

Soonerjeepman
11/21/2011, 02:09 PM
I'd say a 6/7...can move up to an 8*/9* depending on the bowl game...

this is * due to the injuries...

I honestly think if both Whaley and Broyles are healthy we don't lose to BU...crap we had 4 def starters out and 2 off guys for TT...so that's prob a win...that's life but those are BIG losses...

MamaMia
11/21/2011, 02:48 PM
I never bought into the national title hype because I didn't perceive us being dominant in the trenches. So my expectations until yesterday were met - figured we'd be a 1 loss team with an outside shot but still on track to win the conference. That would have been a 10. Sneaking into the title would have moved my dial to 11 and winning it all would have been off the scale. I'm down to 7 or 8 with 2 losses and having to share the conference at best.I don't believe it every year, but I honestly to goodness thought this was our year. I really did. :(

TXBOOMER
11/21/2011, 02:55 PM
5 This season is a failure based on the fact we losst to a lousy Ttech team at home and a three loss Baylor team on the road. Team needs to get mean.

baja okla
11/21/2011, 03:37 PM
Right now I'd say a 6 or 7. We did beat Texas and Florida State. If we beat OSU and win a good bowl game, I'd call it an 8. Shame though, could still be working on a 10 if not for losing two very winnable games.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2011, 04:48 PM
I don't believe it every year, but I honestly to goodness thought this was our year. I really did. :(

I would have believed if we had a Gerald McCoy-like DT and a couple of OTs predicted to be high draft choices. That's the usual basis for a title run if you have the skill players like we have on top of that. I still thnk we had a chance to go all the way if we had a 2000ish injury report, but that just doesn't happen very often.

usaosooner
11/21/2011, 04:51 PM
7 if we win the Big12 & Fiesta 4 if we dont but win a bowl -9999 if we lose at OSU & the bowl