PDA

View Full Version : Win the Big12 you fags.

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 06:56 PM
OU opens up as a 29 point fav against Iowa State.......
http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

We still have a BIG12 Title to Win, and another BCS Bowl Win.

Then, get ready for 2012.

I mean what else do you want to do at this point?

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 07:06 PM
Need our coaches to regroup this team, focus on the title ahead and win the next three games.

olevetonahill
11/20/2011, 07:09 PM
Wont it be at best a 2 way tie with the Pukes ?

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:12 PM
Wont it be at best a 2 way tie with the Pukes ?

yah, and we would win the head to head with a win.

last year it was a 3 way. so it went to highest BCS ranked team.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 07:15 PM
I just hope we beat the pukes. If our offense can put up 80 points I think we'll win. ;)

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:19 PM
i think it is simple. just either put 2 down linemen and the rest play zone. or just blitz the entire night, 8 guys.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2011, 07:26 PM
yah, and we would win the head to head with a win.

last year it was a 3 way. so it went to highest BCS ranked team.

actually if ksu beats isu and OU beats the pokes (provided we beat isu), it's a 3 way...(not in a good way either!)

the isu/ksu game is 12:30 dec 3rd in Manhattan...I'd think ksu will win that one...they are off til then

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:28 PM
wrong i think. Kansas state has lost to each OU and Oklahoma State. Each would have the head to head over Kstate.

the reason it worked last year is because OU, OSU, and TAMU all lost to each other, and had the same conference record.

sooner ngintunr
11/20/2011, 07:31 PM
wrong i think. Kansas state has lost to each OU and Oklahoma State. Each would have the head to head over Kstate.

the reason it worked last year is because OU, OSU, and TAMU all lost to each other, and had the same conference record.

Yeah, in that scenario OU would still win the tiebreaker if those three teams finish 10-2.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2011, 08:00 PM
I thought if all 3 teams had same record?...just repeating what the ksu color guy Stan Weber was saying before their game....anyways...

I would think either way OU should get the nod because if they can beat isu and osu they'll have a higher BCS...or should

BoomerSooner123
11/20/2011, 08:24 PM
We win out, we win the big 12. Fact.

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 08:28 PM
correct.

we would play either Stanford or......? Oregon goes to the pac12 championship to play UCLA.... Oregon wins and the Fiesta will pick Stanford, no doubt. IF UCLA wins, they go to the Rose Bowl and we still prlly play Stanford, since Oregon would have 3 losses.

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 09:23 PM
Who the HELL do you think you are calling us a bunch of cancer sticks!?!

OUInformant
11/20/2011, 09:27 PM
I just hope we beat the pukes. If our offense can put up 80 points I think we'll win. ;)

I say we only need to put up 60. No way our D gives up more than 50-55.

3rdgensooner
11/20/2011, 09:32 PM
Who the HELL do you think you are calling us a bunch of cancer sticks!?!Yeah, crappy threat title.

yermom
11/20/2011, 09:43 PM

championship is determined by record. head to head is just a tiebreaker. best we can do is share 2-3 ways

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 10:14 PM
Win out and we win the Big 12 title.

Just focus on the next game... ISU. JLEW may be right... all or nothing when playing the Pokes. Either 2 D-linemen and zone or blitz-krieg Old Man Weeden.

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 10:17 PM
championship is determined by record. head to head is just a tiebreaker. best we can do is share 2-3 ways

I understand that might be the "rule." just like it was a tie last year for the south. But that is why we have Tie Breakers. OU moved to play the North Champion. OU is then Big 12 Champs, therefore Big 12 South Champs.

No way OU would claim a Co-Big 12 Championship IF we ever lost to Oklahoma State and still had the same record in a season.

yermom
11/20/2011, 10:23 PM
The 1976 Sooners disagree

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2011, 10:41 PM
The 1976 Sooners disagree

As I recall, CU was declared the winner in that they went to the orange bowl that year.

yermom
11/20/2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/m-footbl-conf-titles.html

We still claim it though

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/m-footbl-conf-titles.html

We still claim it though

And that could be rightfully so. I don't know what the rules were back then and maybe there was no tie breaker. I know the big10 in a case of a tie, used to send the team to the Rose bowl that had been there least recently. So there was no winner declared, and maybe the big8 did the same thing with the Orange bowl back then. I guess in current BCS days, you have to decide a winner.

yermom
11/20/2011, 11:09 PM
and 29? that seems awful high

Phil
11/21/2011, 12:13 PM
And for all you people who thought we should have been rooting for Aggy on Friday night - if they win that game, they're outright conference champs right now. Even beating them wouldn't be much consolation for that. Hell, they would have probably arranged to have the trophy awarded before the game.

sooner_born_1960
11/21/2011, 12:24 PM
And for all you people who thought we should have been rooting for Aggy on Friday night -
Never a problem here.

Trophy Husband
11/21/2011, 12:28 PM
OU opens up as a 29 point fav against Iowa State.......
http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

We still have a BIG12 Title to Win, and another BCS Bowl Win.

Then, get ready for 2012.

I mean what else do you want to do at this point?

Oh I don't know, a fix to our defensive woes would be a nice starter.

StoopTroup
And for all you people who thought we should have been rooting for Aggy on Friday night - if they win that game, they're outright conference champs right now. Even beating them wouldn't be much consolation for that. Hell, they would have probably arranged to have the trophy awarded before the game.

Bingo

yermom
And that could be rightfully so. I don't know what the rules were back then and maybe there was no tie breaker. I know the big10 in a case of a tie, used to send the team to the Rose bowl that had been there least recently. So there was no winner declared, and maybe the big8 did the same thing with the Orange bowl back then. I guess in current BCS days, you have to decide a winner.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

The following procedure will determine the Big 12 Conference representative to the Bowl Championship Series in the event of a first-place tie:

a. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

b. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in the conference
3. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two highest ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Bowl Championship Series.
4. The representative will be chosen by draw.

the tiebreaker determines who goes, not who is "first place"

rekamrettuB

Hell after Friday night combined with the rest of Saturday, Poke fans, probably didn't know it, really needed OU to win and come in to Stilly with a 10-1 record ranked #2/3.

StoopTroup
11/21/2011, 12:45 PM
Oh I don't know, a fix to our defensive woes would be a nice starter.

For those of you who keep with this rant, I think you should just accept that for some reason we are struggling but we have never not been in a Game during the 4th quarter. What is on the Sidelines is a bunch of Freshman and Red Shirt Freshman. We are playing the best we have out there right now and our Depth is very young and inexperienced. We have won many games because our Offense this year was outstanding even though we replacedDemarco Murray with a Walkon. We lost our amazing RB Dom Whaley and although Finch had stepped up to help us with our running game, we lose a guy like Ryan Broyles on another freak play. Our linebackers were a mess when we lost the Tech Game but yet they came back to win a very tough Road Game against an undefeated K-State.

We are thin on both offense and defense at this point in our Season. It's tough to watch such a good team loss but it's even tougher when a Fan Base acts like this. Our Team is dealing with the reality of many losses and yet they are still playing tough in the 4th quarter in close games.

I hate losing but I fully support what our Coaches do the rest of the way. Hopefully some of the Freshman will pop up like Finch and Williams did last year.

Our Starters have been incredible. It's tough to see them struggle but I know they aren't quitters. Hopefully the Fans who feel the way you do or worse will just stow their maladjusted opinions and theories and get back to enjoying Football. We have a good Team. Greatness happens when players step up after devastating loss. I surely look forward to two Games of Greatness starting this week.

delhalew
11/21/2011, 12:49 PM
I will never base my BCS analysis on the assumption that we lose to Baylor...no matter how badly our secondary plays.

Trophy Husband
11/21/2011, 12:59 PM
but we have never not been in a Game during the 4th quarter.

I feel so much better about TT and Baylor.

We have serious issues on the defensive side of the ball, that is a fact ,backed by results and statistics. We have played 10 games this year and in 4 of those our defense was atrocious.

We have a good Team. Greatness happens when players step up after devastating loss. I surely look forward to two Games of Greatness starting this week.

You probably said the same thing after the TT game. You will probably be saying the same thing on Dec 4th after the Aggies hang half a hundred on us in Stoolwater.

StoopTroup
11/21/2011, 01:31 PM
You probably said the same thing after the TT game. You will probably be saying the same thing on Dec 4th after the Aggies hang half a hundred on us in Stoolwater.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I said our Linebackers lost that Game for us. We were a mess that day. Still....two missed FGs because our Senior Kicker was injured and we had to put it all on a Freshman Kicker. Two FGs and we had won that game.

In life you can look for the negative or improve on the positives. I'm pretty sure if this Coaching Staff made changes that most people think should be done that we'd be as bad as fexas. Thing is...we aren't that bad. Matter of fact....even without a guy like Broyles or a Guy like Box or a guy like Whaley....we are a very good Team and we were circled on everyone's Calendar this year. It will be the same next year. They will all be trying to get past Oklahoma, except of course for the Team we Beat that are leaving the Big XII. They will be circled on every Calendar in their new Conference. If they think they will be welcomed....they have a huge learning process to overcome.