PDA

View Full Version : So, I ain't reading any of these threads

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 05:24 PM
but someone tell me, how many of our - ahem - fans went full-out stupid over the game? Any suicides? Please say yes.

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2011, 05:26 PM
I haven't heard of any suicides...but I have heard of people that have been backing the coaching staff turn and say something in the lines of things need to change.

OUinFLA
11/20/2011, 05:27 PM
suicides probably can't respond for themselves

8timechamps
11/20/2011, 05:29 PM
I'd say it's about on par with any other loss.

Sometimes, after all these years, I still become amazed at the idiotic mentality I see here.

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2011, 05:30 PM
I'd say it's about on par with any other loss.

Sometimes, after all these years, I still become amazed at the idiotic mentality I see here.

passion and high expectations do wonders for people's mind set after disappointment.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 05:30 PM
No Dean. No suicides. I would say, considering, that our fans, for the most part, went full-out smart, over the game. :)

soonervegas
11/20/2011, 05:33 PM
There is much more room on the "Stoops can do no wrong" bus, but StoopTroup still has the wheel so it's all good.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 05:34 PM
Hey Deano! You have Bob and the boys over for lunch today with a big old pitcher of Kool Aid? :)

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 05:35 PM
There is much more room on the "Stoops can do no wrong" bus, but StoopTroup still has the wheel so it's all good.

I think ST ran his bus off the road a good while back! ;)

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 05:43 PM
You should read a few, guaranteed a laugh or two.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2011, 05:46 PM
Sicem's tool is sore from all the anal rapings.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 05:48 PM
Sicem's tool is sore from all the anal rapings.
Its been a busy 24 hours...

rock on sooner
11/20/2011, 05:50 PM
Don't know if any followed through but there is/was enough angst for self inflicted bodily harm. There an amazing number of football minds that have
in all diagnosed...all the AD and head coach need to do is "read all about it!" Personally, losing sucks but, face it, the law of averages caught up with
us in Waco. Fate, the football gods or whatever aligned and Baylor won the game. Tipped pass 25 yards downfield hits deep receiver in stride...six!
False start and no two point conversion (I'm thinking that Bell and the five hundred pounds of fullback could have covered the eight yards for a 2 point
conversion, anyway). Curious timeout gave RG3 enough time to marshall the forces but, the reality is 80 yards in 51 seconds with no time outs...the
football gods have spoken! Let's move on....ISU is no gimme and we all know about Dec 3.:eagerness:

PLaw
11/20/2011, 06:15 PM
Because of the trend since TGOWWDNS, I am too the point where nothing surprises me. I can honestly say I went to bed last night, slept good, and got up this morning with an "I figured as much" attitude. I used to get in such a funk after an OU loss that my wife wouldn't say a word about football for about a week.

Hey, it's been a tough year. Too many injuries to good kids. Next year, we should be a pre-season top 10 team. Next year, we should win the conference. Next year, we may have a shot at winning the whole thing. I'm darn tired of talking about next year.

BOOMER

revelladee
11/20/2011, 06:29 PM
For sure, the stars were not in the right alignment...I mean, the top three "O" teams got beat this weekend.....I knew we were in trouble when Baylor scored first :(

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 06:35 PM
Hey Deano! You have Bob and the boys over for lunch today with a big old pitcher of Kool Aid? :)

No. Did you have John Blake over for some crack?

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 06:41 PM
You must have confused me for someone else. Just because me and some others do not partake of the Kool Aid to the extent that you and some others do hardly makes us John Blake fans. Is that really the best you got?

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 06:41 PM
I ain't gonna read any of them because one person can only handle so much dumb. One of our players is dead, several more are wounded, we're playing a bunch of froshies & sophies, we dropped passes, missed tackles, and had key penalties at the most inopportune times, and I'll bet there's a bunch of you who think we still oughta win every game cause....we're Oklahoma? Y'all are closer to UT fans than Sooner fans.

We're damn lucky to even be in every game we're playing right now. Just because you think we should win every game no matter who we've got out there playing for us doesn't make it so. It would suck a big one to be some of y'all.

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 06:42 PM
When you back one of the greatest OU Coaches ever and catch hell for it from some folks who think firing people is the answer, you know that the Monster had an overdose of aluminum canned beverages last night.

Things will calm down soon but the Automatic Fire Someone Crowd was in rare form last night. It so hard for that crew to actually believe that Baylor has a decent Team and that RG III is one fantastic QB that when he's hot he can make it difficult for any Defense in the Country. I hated seeing my Sooners lose last night but if you can set that aside and watch the performance of the opposing QB, he is amazing to watch. I voted for him as NCAA Player of the week too.

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 06:43 PM
I ain't gonna read any of them because one person can only handle so much dumb. One of our players is dead, several more are wounded, we're playing a bunch of froshies & sophies, we dropped passes, missed tackles, and had key penalties at the most inopportune times, and I'll bet there's a bunch of you who think we still oughta win every game cause....we're Oklahoma? Y'all are closer to UT fans than Sooner fans.

We're damn lucky to even be in every game we're playing right now. Just because you think we should win every game no matter who we've got out there playing for us doesn't make it so. It would suck a big one to be some of y'all.

Great Post.

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 06:44 PM
You must have confused me for someone else. Just because me and some others do not partake of the Kool Aid to the extent that you and some others do hardly makes us John Blake fans. Is that really the best you got?

Nah, I could go much further about how unhappy your life must be, how much of an underachiever you are, and dwell on your shortcomings but I ain't gonna. It must be a warm little cocoon you live in having someone to blame for everything bad that happens. Rather than look at things honestly and holistically you choose to blame someone. Pretty shallow thinking.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 06:48 PM
You guys are right. Everything is right with Sooner Nation except for some injuries & such. Any trends some of us have seen over several years is obviously just happenstance and nothing that can be addressed. Glad that's been resolved. Thanks guys! ;)

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 06:50 PM
Nah, I could go much further about how unhappy your life must be, how much of an underachiever you are, and dwell on your shortcomings but I ain't gonna. It must be a warm little cocoon you live in having someone to blame for everything bad that happens. Rather than look at things honestly and holistically you choose to blame someone. Pretty shallow thinking.

Oh Dean, your sharp wit cuts like a knife! LoL But seriously..what have I told you about trying too hard?

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 06:53 PM
"Sooner Nation?" So what you're saying is that you want schnelly back huh?

On every staff we've ever had here there's been people who are like you. I remember all the "Bury Barry" bumper stickers, and folks hating Bobby Proctor. Folks hated on Gary Gibbs and his staff too. Those people are ignorant ****s too. Some coaches deserve the hate (smelly?, blake?) but most do not.

Sooner91ATL
11/20/2011, 06:58 PM
The loss is not what bothers me. It's a long season, and undefeated teams are rare, and usually happen with big time luck involved like us in 2000 at aTm for example.

What really irks me is a sense of players giving up and of helplessness as we watch opposing offenses run through us like you know what through a goose. Or the lack of emotion a la Mizzou and Tech that almost borders entitlement.

Teams are gonna lose, and these are young men learning life lessons weekly. But being a former Sooner athlete myself, it's just dismaying to see such seeming lack of heart at times. And it's difficult not to blame coaches when certain aspects of our system have been displaying such tendencies for at least 9 years. Anytime we score more than 30 points we should win.

Win the next two and of course the sins will be forgiven, but the fact remains that this program has not been able to finish in quite some time, and it's not for lack of talent on the field. Yes I am spoiled, and perhaps having what - 4 opportunities to win it all since 2000 makes for very high expectations. I just don't think it's too much to ask for fanatical effort every down.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 06:59 PM
I don't "hate" any of em. I've never felt BV was an OU-level DC and I've never been shy about saying so. I'm sure he's a great guy and a wonderful husband and father and for that he should be commended. I'm almost as sure as long as he's the DC here we will not win another NC. In the overall scheme of things that affects my life very little, but I'm not above getting on here and raising hell, or jabbing some of you Kool Aid drinkers in the ribs.

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:02 PM
i was there last night. many times i wanted to run on the field and fight BV.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 07:03 PM
I wish you had throat punched him when he ran onto the field like a lunatic after your 4th down stop.

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 07:04 PM
Trends don't lose football games Teams do and our Team has had its share of injuries and bad calls. Blaming It on trends is hilarious. Stoops has constantly logged wins with the belief that no matter how well the opposition prepares for us, as long as we execute they can't beat us.

I stand by that especially last nights game as Baylor and the Refs did a great job of disrupting our teams consistency. Ryan Broyles was amazing when it came to this happening as he could overcome it no matter how bad it got. He was amazing and Landry could always count on Ryan when it was happening. Last night he was out and we again lost a game we should have won. The Tech Game he was injured and we lost it.

Landry really needs to find another Broyles for the next two games. I know for sure that Kenny Stills is no Ryan Broyles. Kenny is a great receiver but Jaz has a better chance of being the next Broyles for the Sooners, unfortunately Jaz isn't quite ready yet IMO.

badger
11/20/2011, 07:04 PM
vBookie update:

Despite some big winning vBets this week--- vBookie is now pwning SF.com arses for about 16 million.

Yes, vBookie made about 10 million this week :D

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 07:05 PM

Where you sitting with John Blake? ;)

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 07:06 PM

You should have. That way you'd be reading this thread from a nice hospital bed.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 07:09 PM
So you're saying Dean, that BV could defend himself better than he defended Baylor? ;)

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:15 PM
it was very painful watching that show they did on defense last night. I give him credit when it's deserved.

But 9 times out of 10, if you have a good QB with good WR's, you can score a lot of points against OU.

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 07:15 PM
Take a look at 3rd Down Conversions last night. OU - 6 for 14. Baylor was 3 for 13.

OU missed Broyles and IMO there was plenty of ref interference to make it worse.

Baylor was 3 for 13 because of good defense. The defensive letdown was in our Secondary. We had a rough time and the refs didn't call the game with equality when down field passes were thrown. Go watch the game again.

JLEW couldn't take Bob Barry in an open casket. :D ;)

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:17 PM
when they game turned? 3rd quarter. We already scored two tds, and were up a 7 points. 3rd and long, Kenny Stills drops a 3rd down pass that would have probably ended the game with a score soon after to go up 14 points.

we punt, and all hell happens.

agoo758
11/20/2011, 07:27 PM
Two things I learned in this thread. The coaches are always correct, and the idiot posters know nothing...... as said by one of those "idiot posters". As it has been said, we can't listen to any of these "idiot posters" opinions on this board, so I will disagree with one of the "idiot posters" and say that our defense, coaching and playing, needs a lot of work.

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2011, 07:31 PM
I actually get a bit of guilty pleasure from all these whiny, irate, "fire XX" threads. Makes me laugh and I realize there are a bunch of Fockers out there that forgot this is only a game. Carry on, please. :D

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 07:47 PM
when they game turned? 3rd quarter. We already scored two tds, and were up a 7 points. 3rd and long, Kenny Stills drops a 3rd down pass that would have probably ended the game with a score soon after to go up 14 points.

we punt, and all hell happens.

Oh. So Brent Venables is now all of a sudden playing wideout and dropped a pass? Who knew?

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 07:48 PM
Two things I learned in this thread. The coaches are always correct, and the idiot posters know nothing...... as said by one of those "idiot posters". As it has been said, we can't listen to any of these "idiot posters" opinions on this board, so I will disagree with one of the "idiot posters" and say that our defense, coaching and playing, needs a lot of work.

Actually, you only learned one thing from this thread. But keep trying.

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 07:49 PM
Dean,
Nobody should get fired but I think it is fair to question why the coaching staff would not try to compensate for the setbacks that have hit this team. Simplify the defense, don't give a good QB all day to throw or scramble and get up in the grill of the receivers.

I would much rather go down in flames. being aggressive than watching our players being passive and acting like they are afaid of making a mistake.

IMO should have had 6 -7 coming after RG3 on almost every play with press man to man.
Our kids looked like deer in the headlites after the first quarter and the read and react philosophy is horsesh*t when you have a young team trying to deal with injuries.

Attitude starts with the coaching staff.

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 07:55 PM
Dean,
Nobody should get fired but I think it is fair to question why the coaching staff would not try to compensate for the setbacks that have hit this team. Simplify the defense, don't give a good QB all day to throw or scramble and get up in the grill of the receivers.

I would much rather go down in flames. being aggressive than watching our players being passive and acting like they are afaid of making a mistake.

IMO should have had 6 -7 coming after RG3 on almost every play with press man to man.
Our kids looked like deer in the headlites after the first quarter and the read and react philosophy is horsesh*t when you have a young team trying to deal with injuries.

Attitude starts with the coaching staff.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2011, 07:57 PM
someone referred to you as an "expert" in one thread Dean...

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 08:07 PM
Dean, I understand our DBs aren't good especially at safety. Which makes it even more reasonable to bring the pressure on the opposing QB.

And Dean, you don't have to be diplomatic with me. There is nothing you could say on a football message board that would impact on us being good friends. This stuff is entertainment and in the big scheme of things matters about as much as debating which pickup trucks are better.....Fords or Dodges. :D

btk108
11/20/2011, 08:08 PM
someone referred to you as an "expert" in one thread Dean...

No...no....no! They said "SEXPERT"....get some freakin glasses or I'm going to start a thread about firing YOU!

C&CDean
11/20/2011, 08:19 PM
Dean, I understand our DBs aren't good especially at safety. Which makes it even more reasonable to bring the pressure on the opposing QB.

And Dean, you don't have to be diplomatic with me. There is nothing you could say on a football message board that would impact on us being good friends. This stuff is entertainment and in the big scheme of things matters about as much as debating which pickup trucks are better.....Fords or Dodges. :D

There's a reason why there's 4 Fords in my garage...heh.

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 09:13 PM
you must like rebuilding trucks ;)

OUInformant
11/20/2011, 09:25 PM
No, this game was the worse in terms of response. This was the last straw for Sooner fans.

cleller
11/20/2011, 09:25 PM
Losing to Baylor in such a record breaking fashion makes fans say inexplicable things, alright.

SoonerLaw09
11/20/2011, 09:35 PM
you must like rebuilding trucks ;)

I don't care who y'are, thats funny right there.

Soonerus
11/20/2011, 09:37 PM
I just watched the playbacks, we actually played better than I remembered...

btk108
11/20/2011, 10:34 PM
There's a reason why there's 4 Fords in my garage...heh.

Can't get one to start so you just go get another one...and another one....and another one?

PDXsooner
11/20/2011, 11:56 PM
A thread I agree with. Most of these no-talent-***-clowns here calling for Stoops's head don'thave any idea what they're talking about. Yeah, I'd like the defense to stop everyone on every play too. Get over it. This team is in position to win their 8th conference title in 13 years with this staff, they've won a NC and played for 4, they have re-established the OU brand name as a perennial power.

I'll keep Stoops. You homos can keep crying about wanting baby Jesus as your head coach. Guess what? Losing hurts. Learn to deal with it. It'll help you in life when that real curve ball appears when you really have something hard to deal with, and you learn that those losses don't mean a damn thing in the big scheme. Waking up on fall Saturdays and watching OU play is a complete blessing.

diverdog
11/20/2011, 11:59 PM

I am not a huge BV fan but you are right. We are so beat up that it is tough to keep going. OU has Whaley and Broyles and I do not think the game goes to Baylor.

Curly Bill
11/21/2011, 12:16 AM
If Dean wasn't gonna read any of "those threads" how come he locked one of em? ;)

Red
11/21/2011, 12:17 AM
We learned what we already knew. We get burnt on the deep ball somehow seemingly every time.. :P And we're very beat up on both sides of the ball.

Was I disappointed? of course. But I was honestly over it 5 minutes after I turned the TV off. In fact I'm way more mad at the SEC SEC SEC 123. Rest of the reason looks like it's going to be boring IMO because of it.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 08:36 AM
No, this game was the worse in terms of response. This was the last straw for Sooner fans.

The last straw? The last straw before you do what? Please say jump off a bridge or start wearing burnt orange and doing the hook em' thing.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 08:37 AM
If Dean wasn't gonna read any of "those threads" how come he locked one of em? ;)

Did you read what I wrote before I locked it? I said "I lied."

Mississippi Sooner
11/21/2011, 08:46 AM
I wasn't here for the post-Florida meltdown or any that came before it. I wonder how this one stacks up against great meltdowns of the past.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 09:00 AM
I wasn't here for the post-Florida meltdown or any that came before it. I wonder how this one stacks up against great meltdowns of the past.

There were some epic meltdowns, but not in the sheer numbers we're seeing this year. I guess stupid is as stupid does.

Curly Bill
11/21/2011, 10:26 AM
There were some epic meltdowns, but not in the sheer numbers we're seeing this year. I guess stupid is as stupid does.

Would we be smarter if we drank more Kool Aid?

...or just more complacent? ;)

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 10:48 AM
No, you'd be smarter if you had a clue about football. Do you even watch the games? Seriously.

You are seriously hung up on the kool aid schtick CB. You think shouting "fire vulnerables" every 4 seconds makes you a better/more enlightened fan? If so, that's good. Sometimes crazy folks just gotta hear themselves being crazy. If you noticed, I quit saying stupid cause you're gradually moving beyond that threshold straight into crazy.

You're exactly like the "anybody but bush" crowd. Don't have a ****ing clue about what will fix the problem (or even what the problem is), so it's anybody but xxxxx. Takes a real deep thinker to do that.

Yes, I know I'm witty, etc. so spare me the horse****.

Sooners78
11/21/2011, 11:11 AM
Because of the trend since TGOWWDNS, I am too the point where nothing surprises me. I can honestly say I went to bed last night, slept good, and got up this morning with an "I figured as much" attitude. I used to get in such a funk after an OU loss that my wife wouldn't say a word about football for about a week.

Same here. I don't lose sleep over OU losses anymore because I'm starting to expect them more. Since the Tech loss, I've basically felt that this team doesn't deserve to play in the national championship, so I don't even want them there. LSU or Bama would annihilate us. For the same reason, I was pulling hard for the Cyclones Friday night simply because I wanted to see OSU lose and I like a good underdog win. Getting to the national championship wasn't even an issue with me while I watched that game because we're not that good.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/21/2011, 11:16 AM
Just as prophesied, weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth.

StoopTroup
11/21/2011, 11:20 AM
No, you'd be smarter if you had a clue about football. Do you even watch the games? Seriously.

You are seriously hung up on the kool aid schtick CB. You think shouting "fire vulnerables" every 4 seconds makes you a better/more enlightened fan? If so, that's good. Sometimes crazy folks just gotta hear themselves being crazy. If you noticed, I quit saying stupid cause you're gradually moving beyond that threshold straight into crazy.

You're exactly like the "anybody but bush" crowd. Don't have a ****ing clue about what will fix the problem (or even what the problem is), so it's anybody but xxxxx. Takes a real deep thinker to do that.

Yes, I know I'm witty, etc. so spare me the horse****.

Boomer ! ! !

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2011, 11:23 AM

+infinity

PhiDeltBeers
11/21/2011, 12:38 PM
Is there a vbet on how many threads Dean will close by the end of the week?

:joyous:

badger
11/21/2011, 12:41 PM
Is there a vbet on how many threads Dean will close by the end of the week?

:joyous:

baj is on vacation this week and that includes vVacation, so if flak is 100 percent in charge of vBookie this week :)