PDA

View Full Version : who was Stoops chewing out?

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 02:25 PM
after the first long TD? Besides Venables and the guilty party at safety, there was another coach he was giving an earful to, and it didn't look like Martinez.

LiveLaughLove
11/20/2011, 02:32 PM
Thought it was Martinez without that stupid hat.

jmr_77
11/20/2011, 02:35 PM
I think it was Martinez as well.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 02:48 PM
Has anyone ever seen him chew Venebles out?

cccasooner2
11/20/2011, 02:55 PM

There's that word again. Slowly I turned..........

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, he was giving Venebles an earful too.

BigTip
11/20/2011, 03:09 PM
There's that word again. Slowly I turned..........

step by step? lol

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he was giving Venebles an earful too.If you are talking about the conversation we all saw on TV, I would say that was more of an I feel your pain type chit chat.

Who needed a good chewing out was Gabe Lynn, about 2 touchdowns earlier that the three he personally gift wrapped and gave to Texas Tech.

Hurst, last night...That last TD... Did he get a chewing out?

cleller
11/20/2011, 03:30 PM
Probably asking why they didn't have the Thompson kid mirroring RG3 in practice last week.

SoonerCLF
11/20/2011, 03:47 PM

I believe it was Sam Proctor that got beat on that final TD...

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 03:48 PM
If you are talking about the conversation we all saw on TV, I would say that was more of an I feel your pain type chit chat.

Who needed a good chewing out was Gabe Lynn, about 2 touchdowns earlier that the three he personally gift wrapped and gave to Texas Tech.

If anybody got a chewing out on that last TD, we wouldn't have seen it on TV. And honestly, that play was 100% RG3. He bought the time and the secondary had good coverage. There was a very small window to hit that pass with, and he hit it perfectly. It was one of those plays where the scheme you call doesn't come into play because the play lasted longer than 5 seconds and Kendall Wright, who has always been a complete and utter stud, just found the window that he could find.

cyclonesooner
11/20/2011, 05:35 PM
Post deleted.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/20/2011, 05:48 PM
step by step? lol

Inch by inch...

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 07:09 PM
That was Martinez he was chewing out for not coaching up Javon Harris. Then he asked Venables what was going on with the defense. Special teams did well... but there wasn't a special teams coach to talk to.

Good to see some fire by Bob. He needs to chew out the secondary coach. The kid needed direction to fix a problem last night and was getting burned. I have to review the game again... but there was a hole in the middle and I'm not sure if it's a breakdown in coverage by the safeties or by the linebackers... someone out there with a better analytical football mind/eye than me care to take a stab?

Will be some material to review before ISU and OK State since they'll most likely take advantage of that.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2011, 07:16 PM
#30...Harris..got beat multiple times...bit on the play-fake

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 07:22 PM
That was Martinez he was chewing out for not coaching up Javon Harris. Then he asked Venables what was going on with the defense. Special teams did well... but there wasn't a special teams coach to talk to.

Good to see some fire by Bob. He needs to chew out the secondary coach. The kid needed direction to fix a problem last night and was getting burned. I have to review the game again... but there was a hole in the middle and I'm not sure if it's a breakdown in coverage by the safeties or by the linebackers... someone out there with a better analytical football mind/eye than me care to take a stab?

Will be some material to review before ISU and OK State since they'll most likely take advantage of that.
They bit on the play fake. Corner and safety both.

cvsooner
11/20/2011, 10:14 PM
All the biting on play fakes and play action....Ryan Broyles was right in the ESPN program: that's why they're called Sharks. Biting on everything.

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah... looking at the game this evening... we were getting pulled in time and time again.

sooneron
11/20/2011, 10:56 PM
Shades of Bassey in 02...

rainiersooner
11/21/2011, 12:32 AM
scrambling qb, ball in the air forever. We have two db's around the receiver and neither can make a play. Sure, it was a great play by RG3, but come on. How about a little urgency covering your man ? It happened all night long. # 30 couldn't cover a PREGNANT HIPPO !!!!!!!

Now, I am nearing 40 years old and white and even when I was 18 and black I wasn't that fast...but, in Proctor's defense, he was right on the receiver in the end zone and the receiver cut and turned on him and got about 2 feet of separation - which was enough for the catch. That's playground stuff...not a matter of busted coverage, great route running, etc. I bet there are very, very few QBs who could do what RG3 did right there. That is not an excuse on the rest of the ****e show we saw last night, but I'm not going to put it all at Proctor's feet.

Tear Down This Wall
11/21/2011, 12:59 AM

What the hell is this nonsense? What do you think Bob Stoops does during practices? Ride around in a golf cart crackin' jokes to the press like Bobby Bowden did for the last 15 years of his career?

Bob Stoops is an integral part of coaching the secondary and planning the defense. He's not just sitting on his butt, swinging a whistle around his index finger, and turning it all over. Stoops is as much to blame as Martinez and Venables...and moreso since he's the top guy and won't replace them.

Curly Bill
11/21/2011, 01:30 AM
Yeah, but we could still have John Blake, so Bob like..gets a free pass or something??

cyclonesooner
11/21/2011, 01:39 AM
whoever he was chewing on, it was too late. You gotta coach sunday thru friday. Try playing on saturdays.

Sooner70
11/21/2011, 07:51 AM
Yep #30 Javon Harris lost his man, multiple times, including last TD I think. Don't know if he was playing hurt or what. Reminded me of how #9 Gabe Lynn kept getting burned by Tech & we just left him in. Seemed like BV & Co. were just "...oh yeah, we've got a problem here..." , but nothing was done. Maybe it couldn't be done, but RG3 did the same thing Doege did, except RG3 throws a better long ball. Doege & Torres carved up the Sooners with the slip screen & stuff just out of Lynn's reach, making life miserable back there.

After the Tech & Baylor experiences, OU has to be (well, after Iowa State), concerned about what Weedon & Blackmon will be able to do. Sooners appear to have some vulnerability in secondary, big time. May stem from no rush on passer. If they give Weedon that much time, he & Blackmon will eat their lunch. That's all later.

Sooners need to worry about Iowa State and not let that become another L.

OUNASH
11/21/2011, 07:56 AM
Stoops needs to look in the mirror and chew on himself, he has let this defensive nightmare go on for to long.

stoopified
11/21/2011, 09:22 AM
It amazez me how many EXPERTS crawl out of the woodwork to correct Bob's mistakes. Bob has won over 80% of his games with an NC and 7 CC's but guess what? Nobody wins all their games.

Tear Down This Wall
11/21/2011, 09:38 AM
It amazez me how many EXPERTS crawl out of the woodwork to correct Bob's mistakes. Bob has won over 80% of his games with an NC and 7 CC's but guess what? Nobody wins all their games.

We're not talking about perfection - we're talking about winning games you're supposed to win. If we are locked in a battle with another Top 10 program and lose, that's one thing.

But...

...to have your a*s handed to you by Texas Tech and Baylor isn't getting it done. It doesn't matter how many Ball States we crush. People remember your losses to mediocre teams more.

Last week, everyone had sand in their clit because ESPN hated us for losing to Texas Tech, but loved Alabama for losing to LSU. Bias. Bias. Bias.

Like hell...everyone else knew better. A team that got it's a*s handed to them 55-28 by Texas A&M just beat us. How's that? A team that squeaked by Texas Tech and Kansas in back-to-back weeks before they met us, handed us our a*s.

And, somehow, all many can do it point the finger at Venables and Martinez, as if Bob Stoops has nothing to do with the team. Like Bob shows up all of the sudden on Saturday and everything is supposed to be ready so that all he has to do is call timeouts at the right time...oops!

It's not Venables or Martinez that individually needs to get a grip. It's the whole coaching staff - again, excluding Cale Gundy - beginning with Bob Stoops.

Houston, we have a problem.

All of this ridiculous talk about Griffin Heisman and Griffin NFL...baloney. If A&M, Tech, and Kansas can shut him down, he won't sniff the playing field on the NFL level past holding a clipboard. As many passes as he completed Saturday, he missed many others who were wide open.

Our coaching staff, led by Bob Stoops, screwed the pooch on this one and Texas Tech. These aren't world beating teams at 7-3 and 5-6. They are the poster children for mediocrity.

SoonerAtKU
11/21/2011, 03:33 PM
Wait, why exclude Cale Gundy? Am I missing something?

8timechamps
11/21/2011, 05:09 PM
All of this ridiculous talk about Griffin Heisman and Griffin NFL...baloney. If A&M, Tech, and Kansas can shut him down, he won't sniff the playing field on the NFL level past holding a clipboard. As many passes as he completed Saturday, he missed many others who were wide open.

I agree with a lot of your post, but this is utter nonsense. RG3 is a stud. Take him off of that Baylor team, and I guarantee they have a losing record. It's no secret that he's a stud, that's why his name is still in the mix for the Heisman even with the number of losses Baylor has this year.

Should we have beaten Baylor? Yes. Are we the better team? Of Course. But, there is no way in the world you can convince me that RG3 isn't a Heisman quality QB. As for the NFL, who knows, and I'm certainly not arguing that point (although I think he'll find a place in the NFL, maybe not at QB), but to say the Heisman talk is ridiculous, is, well...ridiculous.

soonerbub
11/21/2011, 06:28 PM
I say he wins the trophy & has 800 yds total against tech & :mack:

He is every bit as good as Vick & will start in the NFL next year

I Am Right
11/21/2011, 06:53 PM
He was eating some tuna

JiminyChristmas
11/21/2011, 06:56 PM
If you are talking about the conversation we all saw on TV, I would say that was more of an I feel your pain type chit chat.

The last TD was not Hurst's guy - it was Sam Proctor - the guy filling in for Javon Harris

SoonerNate
11/21/2011, 07:12 PM
I don't know which is more retro, Stoops' polos or his play calling. The game has passed him by.

fadada1
11/21/2011, 09:22 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1963/slowlyiturnedgentswitho.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/slowlyiturnedgentswitho.png/)