PDA

View Full Version : As a Sooner alum and loyal fan, I 've not been this shocked and embarrassed since

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 02:25 PM
TGOWWDNS. :moody:

After mass, my sister called me moody. Ya think?! :mad:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2011, 02:35 PM
you'll/We'll get over it. Remember the 90's! We made it through 10 yrs of football apathy. This isn't THAT bad.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 02:35 PM
TGOWWDNS. :moody:

After mass, my sister called me moody. Ya think?! :mad:
There's your problem, right there. If you were a little more Baptisty and a little less Catholicy then maybe this would not have happened.

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 02:43 PM
Peace be with you.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 02:45 PM
There's your problem, right there. If you were a little more Baptisty and a little less Catholicy then maybe this would not have happened.Congratulations Sic. At least I'm happy for you. Now, please excuse me as I go light a candle in honor of Saint Jude. :(

SoonerLaw09
11/20/2011, 02:47 PM
Wow, you haven't been banned yet? :)

Huh, based on his actions I thought RGIII was a Catholic. Well, no matter. God obviously loves Baylor. The deflection TD play is gonna be called Immaculate Reception II (oh wait, that's a Catholic pun)...Fist of God touchdown (little soccer humor there)...hmmm...

BTW SicEm I'm nominating you for best actor in the "Babe Ruth reincarnated" category. I've never seen someone call his shot like that.

tator
11/21/2011, 09:41 AM
It's just football

stoops the eternal pimp
11/21/2011, 09:42 AM
^

kbsooner21
11/21/2011, 09:56 AM
It's just football

Blasphemy! :biggrin:

sooneron
11/21/2011, 10:14 AM
Really? YOu have to be kidding. I was more embarrassed by the tech game than this. It was at home and they have pretty much sucked ever since that game.
1. Road game
2. Stage is set on Friday/Thursday by a huge upset. We all know which one... The second that someone pulls a big upset, and we are on the road and favored, I worry because the seed gets planted in all of the underdogs. Srsly? USC schooled whoregon for the better part of 3 quarters. This has happened before. 2007, Arizona beat the ducks on a Thursday and we lost to tech in Lubbock two nights later.
3. Half of our secondary is limping and the other half are not very good.
4. We didn't have our two best offensive players. Yeah, we scored 38, but it was because we had to score 38! We managed friggin ten points in the first half.
5. I knew RGIII was good, very good, and I knew that no lead under 24 was safe in the second half with him and Wright.

Overreaction of the year.

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 10:17 AM
I thought RGIII was Catholic, too. He was kneeling and crossing himself after big plays. No Baptists I know do this. Or was he just doing it for show?.......i think I know the answer.

sooneron
11/21/2011, 10:20 AM
REALLY? You KNOW the answer?

Breadburner
11/21/2011, 10:26 AM
Go get laid....Sheesh.....!

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 10:29 AM
REALLY? You KNOW the answer?

On,

I posted "I THINK I know the answer." Do you refute that he kneeled and crossed himself in the manner that is associated with Catholic ritual? Perhaps, he is Catholic. I don't THINK he is.

So if you're not Catholic but you are doing Catholic rituals on national television then I assume(ie. THINK) he is doing it for show.

And please, don't even think about throwing the race card out there.

sooneron
11/21/2011, 10:33 AM
Maybe he's Episcopal. We cross ourselves. He could be a member of the AME church, too. Not sure if they do, but I'm sure they observe some of the same rituals.

He didn't go to baylor to be a baptist, he went there because he was following Briles. He committed to Briles at UH and when Waco called, Briles went, and along came GriffinIII.

sooneron
11/21/2011, 10:35 AM
AND he's supposedly a hell of a kid, raised by a military family.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2011, 10:38 AM
Were you AT TGOWWDNS? This was nothing compared to that. Only those with crimson shades on thought we had a shot at the MNC, myself included. That Baylor game was a cold splash of water on the face. Win out go to a BCS game, hope Landry comes back, and make another run at it. Looks at is this way, we could be the Pokes. Weeden/Blackmon gone = 4 losses.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2011, 11:17 AM
I never feel personal embarrassment due to how a bunch of 18-22 yo play a game. That isn't rational.

soonerboomer93
11/21/2011, 11:21 AM
I never feel personal embarrassment due to how a bunch of 18-22 yo play a game. That isn't rational.

This

Football is a game. You should be watching it for enjoyment. While I understand that fan is short for fanatic, frankly, some of you take it too far. To be vested in the team is fine, but some of you people are over the top. Personally I understand why Mama is probably more vested then she should be, but others, well, some of you ****ers need to go spend some time outside.