PDA

View Full Version : Winning the Big (not quite) XII...

TUSooner
11/20/2011, 09:25 AM
is better than not winning it, I guess. But it's getting to be a pretty lame consolation for otherwise disappointing seasons, especially when the conference can't even field enough teams to live up to its name. Say what you want about injuries and overrated talent; there is no excuse for our 2 losses or for a defense that gets screwed doggy-style more often than a wild b*tch in heat.

The team I hate, LSU, doesn't even have a real QB, but they show up to play every game and every play. They had many chances to let down but never have. The team I love is another story: It's even odds every week as to whether they will show up to play or just show up. Fire or character or focus or "want-to" or whatever is the responsibility of the top guy, and he's just plain failing at it. Face it, sunshine pumpers, Les Miles IS a better football coach than Bob Stoops.

Fortunately, I have learned to lower my expectations, so I am not crushed by inexcusable losses like I might have been when I was young.
So, win the Big nearly-XII if you can, but pardon me for not being impressed.

GrapevineSooner
11/20/2011, 10:04 AM
562 total yards surrendered last night.

And that doesn't even eclipse the 572 that were surrendered exactly 4 weeks earlier against the Sand Aggies.

I've had a night to sleep on this, which I actually did rather well. Like you, I think I've learned to accept this on a certain level.

On another level, it makes me harken back to 2007 at Texas Tech, 2008 against Texas, and last year against Mizzou and Aggy.

The trend has to stop. I can accept losing 17-14 in a close, hard fought game on the road.

What I can't accept is getting thrashed by surrendering over 400 yards in a game.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 10:07 AM
562 total yards surrendered last night.

And that doesn't even eclipse the 572 that were surrendered exactly 4 weeks earlier against the Sand Aggies.

I've had a night to sleep on this, which I actually did rather well. Like you, I think I've learned to accept this on a certain level.

On another level, it makes me harken back to 2007 at Texas Tech, 2008 against Texas, and last year against Mizzou and Aggy.

The trend has to stop. I can accept losing 17-14 in a close, hard fought game on the road.

What I can't accept is getting thrashed by surrendering over 400 yards in a game.

Most teams that play spreads give up 400+ yards. I don't even care about the yards. I care about winning.

soonercastor
11/20/2011, 01:41 PM
a defense that gets screwed doggy-style more often than a wild b*tch in heat.

lmao

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 02:03 PM
we are going to finish 3rd in the Big XII

Sooner98
11/20/2011, 03:36 PM
After the prison-raping that Weeden and Blackmon are going to put on our below-average defense, and our subsequent invitation to the Alamo Bowl to play the B1G's fifth-best team, we may actually long for the days of winning the conference. Nevertheless, this yearly underachieving has got to stop.

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 03:41 PM
we may seriously have 4 losses this year because we would be so unmotivated for the bowl game if we lose to the pokes (which we probably will). This year is already a failure. Four losses would secure that reality even in the head of Stoops, IMO.