PDA

View Full Version : Board of Regents to approve Stoops raise.

oumartin
11/20/2011, 07:30 AM
Hey, whatever it takes.....

Remember when we sucked in the nineties...

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2011, 10:50 AM
Remember the OU Administration forcing Barry Switzer to make coaching changes?

nBoSTP
11/20/2011, 12:44 PM
I wouldnt give stoops another dime until he gets rid of Venables and takes over the defense himself.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 12:47 PM
I wouldnt give stoops another dime until he gets rid of Venables and takes over the defense himself. I doubt Stoops would do any better but it's worth trying it.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 12:48 PM
I'll contribute to a raise for Stoops if he'll can his little pal Vulnerables.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 12:49 PM
I wouldnt give stoops another dime until he gets rid of Venables and takes over the defense himself.What makes you think Stoops would do any better? Look what happened when he was coaching special teams?

I'll contribute to a raise for Stoops if he'll can his little pal Vulnerables. He would leave before getting rid of Venebles. His presence on our sidelines means more to Stoops than our football program.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 12:51 PM
I'd much rather see Mike in charge of the D than Bob. If nothing else Mike should be eager to prove himself again. All I see out of Bob is Mr. Complacency.

Sooner5030
11/20/2011, 12:59 PM
Venables is competent.......he just refuses to let go of tactics after they have become obsolete.

He needs to go watch Kirby Smart and others and learn some new stuff.

OhU1
11/20/2011, 01:04 PM
What has Stoops done this year to deserve throwing more cash his way? He already makes $556 an hour, every hour, all year as it is with his $4,875,000 per year. Don't get me wrong, I love Stoops, but what compels giving him a raise?

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 01:12 PM
I could win 3/4 as many games a Stoops does for only half the money. :joyous:

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 01:23 PM
This is some funny ****.

You should have prepared your anus.

soonercoop1
11/20/2011, 01:27 PM
What makes you think Stoops would do any better? Look what happened when he was coaching special teams?

He would leave before getting rid of Venebles. His presence on our sidelines means more to Stoops than our football program.

That is the problem if he perceives himself or BV larger than OU football...sadly he would be mistaken...

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 01:41 PM
That is the problem if he perceives himself or BV larger than OU football...sadly he would be mistaken...If losing to Taco Tech on our own turf and turning us all into Baylor's B!tches doesn't prompt some major changes in our football program, then we had best get use to being fans of a mediocre football team and learn to like it.

BudSooner
11/20/2011, 01:43 PM
This is some funny ****.

You should have prepared your anus.Heh, Dr Pepper?

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 01:45 PM
after last night, he should get a decrease in pay. Two of the most inexplicable coaching decisions I've seen him make in trying to go for two and calling the timeout when Baylor had the ball. What, Bob, do you really think we're going to get the ball back and kick a game winning FG?

badger
11/20/2011, 03:25 PM
I would not approve a raise. He already makes around $5 million after longevity bonuses and other bonuses.

I know football brings in a crapload of money, but it subsidizes every other sport. I know taxpayer money isn't supporting athletics, but they're still representing a public institution.

They're likely freezing pay of every other OU employee that isn't on the athletic side, so it would be nice if they froze athletic pay as well just this year. Enough is enough.