View Full Version : Bob Stoops.....

oudavid1
11/20/2011, 12:46 AM
Is a really good coach.

1 national championship.
7 conference championships.
8-4 vs Texas.
10-2 vs Oklahoma State.

Just thought I'd let the future athletic directors on here know.

(and yes, I'll go tweet now)

Okie35
11/20/2011, 12:50 AM
No, Stoops sucks. The spread is the easiest offense to defend week in and week out. Start the "bring back Blake" movement. Ban David from the forum :gary:

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 12:51 AM
He use to be a better coach than he is now.

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 12:52 AM
Need I pull up the records opponents have set on us? Bob's a great coach but ****... this **** has got to be fixed.

AlboSooner
11/20/2011, 12:53 AM
We never have a healthy balance on this board. We either have the "fire everybody" or the "Bob Stoops is awesome" posts.

I don't have the football intellect to properly analyze this coaching staff, but I do realize that there is a problem.

OUInformant
He used to be better.

SoonernAR
Being a resilient Bob Stoops supporter regardless of the facts flying in your face, makes me scratch my head. I don't want Stoops fired, I want to see him make some changes. If he's not willing to make changes, then yes he should go.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 12:55 AM
He use to be a better coach than he is now. Best and truest quote of the night.

oudavid1
11/20/2011, 12:56 AM
I personally think anyone "used to be better" after a loss. I mean Bear freaking Bryant won 6 times back when it was easier, and he didnt win em all at once guys. I promise, Bob Stoops knows how to win if he has a healthy team.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 12:56 AM
He used to be better.

It used to be easier going mostly against non spread teams in 2000. Travis Lewis even brought it up before its tough lining up against a slot receiver at times. Maybe we should switch to a different defensive scheme.

OUInformant
11/20/2011, 12:57 AM
Changes that bring new life to the program would be nice.

This has just taken the life out of me as fan/alumni. I'm just not real optimistic anymore about the program. It seems that every year is the same. I can understand going to Stillwater and losing to OSU this year, because they are really good, but losing to Baylor and Texas Tech???

pappy
Being a resilient Bob Stoops supporter regardless of the facts flying in your face, makes me scratch my head. I don't want Stoops fired, I want to see him make some changes. If he's not willing to make changes, then yes he should go.

this.

AlboSooner
I see the NFL trying to keep their offenses on the field, and their defenses off the field. There might be something to that...

agoo758
11/20/2011, 12:59 AM
He oversees a great offensive staff, and a below average to terrible defensive staff who oversees a bunch of trash talking bitches who can't back it up.

AlboSooner
11/20/2011, 12:59 AM
I personally think anyone "used to be better" after a loss. I mean Bear freaking Bryant won 6 times back when it was easier, and he didnt win em all at once guys. I promise, Bob Stoops knows how to win if he has a healthy team.
Health is important. How do you make sure you minimize injuries, and wearing out as much as possible? One can't change the hand of fate, but what are some of the steps Stoops could take to minimize injuries to starters?

landrun
11/20/2011, 01:01 AM
No, Stoops sucks. The spread is the easiest offense to defend week in and week out. Start the "bring back Blake" movement. Ban David from the forum :gary:

You want to know the truth? Blake's defenses were better than Stoops' defenses. That's a fact.

Blake's classes were in the top 25. Stoops is generally in the top 5 or 10.
Blake's defense was ranked #26 in the country with worse talent than Stoops has ever had.
Stoops struggles to get in the to 50 defensively. - Look it up.

When Stoops first came here he mocked Blake and said in one of his first press conferences that if he defense was only ranked 26th, you wouldn't hear him brag about it.

Now he tries to argue that defensive stats don't mean anything.

Think about what this means .... - Blake's defenses were better than Stoops' defenses.
Let that sink in.

That's how laughable our defense is now. And that's pretty bad. Because Blake teams were a circus!

pappy

Injuries aren't a good excuse (see the 2010 green bay packers superbowl champions list of injuries) its football. injuries are expected. this excuse is almost as bad as "well we lost cause he are young" no you lost because your veteran players aren't as good as your younger players so you're playing them because you can't develop your players or you suck at recruiting.

OUNASH
Stoops will not make any changes, he doesnt see the need. If he was going to make changes he would have done it before now. I wish he would change defense coordinator. We have only been ranked in the top 10 in total defense once since 2003. Stoops will say its the type of offenses we face but I call B.S. Getting burnt time and time again on long passes is unexcusable.

sortiz1965
11/20/2011, 01:07 AM
I personally think the scheme is too complex. It either works exceedingly well or disastrously bad. Simplify! Let the talent assert itself!

But, a huge part of this loss was our inability to run the ball well. Best way to counter a talent like RGIII is to keep his *** off the field. Long, sustained drives resulting in TDs is what was needed here. Our running game is just not consistent! Maybe Brandon Williams will be the answer.

What are LSU and Alabama doing correctly that we are not????

agoo758
11/20/2011, 01:09 AM
Injuries aren't a good excuse (see the 2010 green bay packers superbowl champions list of injuries) its football. injuries are expected. this excuse is almost as bad as "well we lost cause he are young" no you lost because your veteran players aren't as good as your younger players so you're playing them because you can't develop your players or you suck at recruiting.

All our injuries were on the offensive side of the ball, and they showed up tonight.

AlboSooner
11/20/2011, 01:10 AM
What are LSU and Alabama doing correctly that we are not????

They play keep away. They try to keep the ball away from the other offense. Their defenses stay fresh. OU is putting guys in the NFL like a machine. There is plenty of talent at OU.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 01:10 AM
You want to know the truth? Blake's defenses were better than Stoops' defenses. That's a fact.

Blake's classes were in the top 25. Stoops is generally in the top 5 or 10.
Blake's defense was ranked #26 in the country with worse talent than Stoops has ever had.
Stoops struggles to get in the to 50 defensively. - Look it up.

When Stoops first came here he mocked Blake and said in one of his first press conferences that if he defense was only ranked 26th, you wouldn't hear him brag about it.

Now he tries to argue that defensive stats don't mean anything.

Think about what this means .... - Blake's defenses were better than Stoops' defenses.
Let that sink in.

That's how laughable our defense is now. And that's pretty bad. Because Blake teams were a circus!

Can you not read? How many spreads did Blake go against? The spread is the WORST to defend. You see what happens when we go against teams that don't run it we usually keep up w/ them or destroy them. Perfect example KSU.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 01:19 AM
Can you not read? How many spreads did Blake go against? The spread is the WORST to defend. You see what happens when we go against teams that don't run it we usually keep up w/ them or destroy them. Perfect example KSU.

It kinda makes me wonder. was Bob Stoops D really that good at Florida or was it just because he didn't have to coach against the spread?

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2011, 01:22 AM

Thought you said you were going back to your tweets?

BTW, Stoops is a hell of a coach... But you are only as good as your assistants.

That said, there are some assistants on his coaching staff that needs to go...and if he is unwilling to make that happen, then unfortunately, he needs to go too.

If I was running a company and the company was stagnant or not showing any growth for the stock holders, then the stock holders will demand change.

If I was unwilling to make the appropriate changes, then they would replace me, no matter if I was the best CEO or not.

Bad decisions and too strong of loyalties get people fired every day!

TDArkansasOhMy
11/20/2011, 01:26 AM
Big Game Bob. This one will leave a mark.

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 01:26 AM
Slow down, We're talking about teq and ****in baylor. The team should have MS and harbor malaria and still pull off the W.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 01:28 AM
It kinda makes me wonder. was Bob Stoops D really that good at Florida or was it just because he didn't have to coach against the spread?

Interesting concept.

Blue
11/20/2011, 01:29 AM
OU should never give up 45 points. Ever.

Either get a new defense or GTFO.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 01:33 AM
OU should never give up 45 points. Ever.

Either get a new defense or GTFO.

We need a new scheme. I hate the fact that LBs are on slots in some cases and we need to stop w/ the predictable blitzes.

oudavid1
11/20/2011, 01:36 AM
Health is important. How do you make sure you minimize injuries, and wearing out as much as possible? One can't change the hand of fate, but what are some of the steps Stoops could take to minimize injuries to starters?

Is fate and excuses? Roy Finch is short by fate and cant dunk because of it, is that an excuse?
Oklahoma constantly gets beat by teams healthier than us. My point is this, lets not put it all on Stoops.

BTW, Stoops is a hell of a coach... But you are only as good as your assistants.

Good point.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 01:40 AM
Is fate and excuses? Roy Finch is short by fate and cant dunk because of it, is that an excuse?
Oklahoma constantly gets beat by teams healthier than us. My point is this, lets not put it all on Stoops.

Good point. I'm putting it ALL on Stoops. He hired the assistants. He recruited the players.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2011, 01:50 AM
FIRE BRIAN BRITT