PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 championship

pappy
11/20/2011, 12:45 AM
Don't worry guys we can still share the big 12 championship with little brother and Kansas State. Assuming KSU and US both beat Iowa St and we beat little brother. All 3 of us will get a trophy and stoops can get up to the podium and smile and talk about what a great job they did this year winning another big 12 championship and the local media will just drink it in and bow down to his holiness.

Fact is even if that scenario plays out...this season is and will be considered a failure. We were preseason favorites to win the national championship and we lost to a team on our own turf that may or may not play in a bowl game and we lost to baylor who is decent but they're not on our level.

Oh well lets go win the cotton bowl or some other game like that or maybe we'll get lucky and get to play another terrible big east team in the fiesta bowl so stoops can brag about that one too.

I wonder how over hyped we'll be next season?

oudavid1
11/20/2011, 12:48 AM
Don't worry guys we can still share the big 12 championship with little brother and Kansas State. Assuming KSU and US both beat Iowa St and we beat little brother. All 3 of us will get a trophy and stoops can get up to the podium and smile and talk about what a great job they did this year winning another big 12 championship and the local media will just drink it in and bow down to his holiness.

Fact is even if that scenario plays out...this season is and will be considered a failure. We were preseason favorites to win the national championship and we lost to a team on our own turf that may or may not play in a bowl game and we lost to baylor who is decent but they're not on our level.

Oh well lets go win the cotton bowl or some other game like that or maybe we'll get lucky and get to play another terrible big east team in the fiesta bowl so stoops can brag about that one too.

I wonder how over hyped we'll be next season?

With 5 starters out vs Tech, leading reviver all-time and leading rusher out on road vs Baylor, your right. HOW DID WE LOSE?

Always_Sooner
11/20/2011, 12:51 AM
Injuries cannot be used as an excuse. They are part of the game...

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 12:53 AM
I believe we will go to the Fiesta Bowl if we win our next 2 games.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2011, 12:55 AM
The coaching staff needs to answer, because its the same results with different groups of players.

oudavid1
11/20/2011, 12:58 AM

call if what you want, but your 2nd string guys are that for a reason. They dont play as well. I don't believe that was the only reason but it was not Bob's fault that he had less talent for Tech/Baylor than any other game.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 12:59 AM
I believe we will go to the Fiesta Bowl if we win our next 2 games.

Big IF. I'm not into looking ahead but I really just want to win the bowl game wherever it is. I honestly want the season to be over.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2011, 01:09 AM
This is supposed to be a deep team. I hate the fact good players have been hurt and are out. I just heard on the Sports Animal Ronnell Lewis probably tore his ACL. At least with all these injuries we start preparing younger guys for next season.

pappy
11/20/2011, 01:10 AM
With 5 starters out vs Tech, leading reviver all-time and leading rusher out on road vs Baylor, your right. HOW DID WE LOSE?

excuses excuses...didn't stop the packers from winning the superbowl and they had a lot more injuries.

Also tech is 1 of the worst teams in the country the fact that we had those injuries definitely shouldn't have mattered.

jcvsooner
11/20/2011, 01:12 AM
We're still conference champs if we win out. We don't need KSU to beat anybody.

It's disappointing that we won't be in the BCS Championship Game, but a season with a conference championship isn't a failure. Especially considering the luck we've had with injuries.

Craighead15
11/20/2011, 01:17 AM

I'm pretty sure Jesus supports Baylor

pappy
11/20/2011, 01:18 AM
We're still conference champs if we win out. We don't need KSU to beat anybody.

It's disappointing that we won't be in the BCS Championship Game, but a season with a conference championship isn't a failure. Especially considering the luck we've had with injuries.

I'm not saying we *need* ksu to beat anyone, if they lose to isu and we beat isu and osu we share the title with little brother and we both get a trophy. I'm just expecting ksu to beat isu and it be 3 teams getting a trophy.

Sooner in the Bluegrass
11/20/2011, 01:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Jesus supports Baylor

Well, Baptist Jesus, sure. Catholic Jesus still pulls for ND, Methodist Jesus for . . . SMU, I guess? And Mormon Jesus pulls for BYU, and . . .

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 01:26 AM
call if what you want, but your 2nd string guys are that for a reason. They dont play as well. I don't believe that was the only reason but it was not Bob's fault that he had less talent for Tech/Baylor than any other game. Yet he still had WAY more talent than both teams he lost to.

LASooner
11/20/2011, 01:44 AM
I eagerly await our chance to lose to Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl.

dennis580
11/20/2011, 01:52 AM
Assuming KSU and US both beat Iowa St and we beat little brother. All 3 of us will get a trophy

This is the problem with not having a conference championship game. I hate co-champions. The people who say the round is better don't think about the fact that their could 3, 4 or even 5 co-champions. With a conference championship game their is one clear cut champion.

Fact is even if that scenario plays out...this season is and will be considered a failure.

Its not a failure if OU wins the Fiesta Bowl. If OU wins out we WILL represent the Big 12 in the Fiesta Bowl. A Big 12 title, and BCS bowl win is not a failure. You need to remember what is what like during the Blake years.

It takes a aweful LOT of luck to play for the NC. Thats what the NC comes down to is luck because anybody can have 1 or 2 bad games, and lose. Injuries to key players done us in this year.

dennis580
11/20/2011, 01:55 AM

They certainly can be used as an excuse. We are certainly not near as good without Broyles, and Whaley, and if we had Flemming for Tech we do NOT lose that game.

LASooner
11/20/2011, 04:07 AM
Wouldn't it just be OU and OSU sharing it since KSU lost to both?

llsooner7
11/20/2011, 05:26 AM
OU would own the tiebreaker on both, so it would be pretty clear cut.

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 07:47 AM
OU would outright win if we beat ISU and OSU.

I'm throwing that out there because I'm hoping the coaches are reviewing game film and teaching our young men how to cover the middle and what to do with the deep ball on defense.

Our offense was getting better post-Broyles but Stills dropped a few perfect passes and DeJuan Miller dropped one first down pass. Running game better and even Brandon Williams got some good runs in.

Most of last night were defensive brain-farts while offense was still working out the kinks. Game against ISU to work on this and then Bedlam against a team that suddenly has another RB in Smith.

swardboy
11/20/2011, 08:00 AM
Well, Baptist Jesus, sure. Catholic Jesus still pulls for ND, Methodist Jesus for . . . SMU, I guess? And Mormon Jesus pulls for BYU, and . . .

....cult Jesus pulls for cult aggie.

FtwTxSooner
11/20/2011, 10:48 AM
if you don't have depth, you aren't a championship calibar team