PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should go to the SEC.

OUInformant
11/20/2011, 12:42 AM
It seems we don't defend Big 12 teams very well, and SEC offenses are terrible.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 12:43 AM
We should've went to the Pac-12. These spreads will be the reason we don't go undefeated ever again.

pappy
11/20/2011, 01:15 AM
I agree I like our chances of winning in the SEC better than winning in the big 12 cause of how terrible their offenses are.

AlboSooner
11/20/2011, 01:18 AM
I bet Bama and LSU would shut down, any spread offense the Big 12 and Pac 12 can throw at them. I remember Florida, holding Sam the the NFL laden 2008 team to 14 points.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 01:22 AM
I bet Bama and LSU would shut down, any spread offense the Big 12 and Pac 12 can throw at them. I remember Florida, holding Sam the the NFL laden 2008 team to 14 points. Bama just got a bunch of points scored on them by a highschool team today and Kevin Wilson held the 2008 team to 14, not Florida.

TDArkansasOhMy
11/20/2011, 01:22 AM
It seems we don't defend Big 12 teams very well, and SEC offenses are terrible.

Excuse me?

Okie35
11/20/2011, 01:23 AM
I bet Bama and LSU would shut down, any spread offense the Big 12 and Pac 12 can throw at them. I remember Florida, holding Sam the the NFL laden 2008 team to 14 points.

Dude we lost because of the redzone problem. Bama and LSU have never shut down any spreads but they've beaten spread teams. LSU/WVU Geno Smith threw all over them. LSU/A&M Tannehill had a decent game. LSU/UNC Yates threw all over Patrick Peterson and that great LSU secondary. Arkansas beat LSU the last 3 out 4 times. Florida used to beat up on Alabama. The spread sucks and any decentQB can throw all over either team. This isn't the NFL.

pappy
11/20/2011, 01:33 AM
I guarantee you remove tech and kansas and put bama and lsu in the big 12 this year and neither of them go undefeated.

not saying they'd lose more than once, but neither would go undefeated.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 01:34 AM
I guarantee you remove tech and kansas and put bama and lsu in the big 12 this year and neither of them go undefeated.

Exactly but its hypothetical so it doesn't matter.

AlboSooner
11/20/2011, 01:38 AM

not saying they'd lose more than once, but neither would go undefeated.

who would beat them?

pappy
11/20/2011, 01:50 AM
who would beat them?

idk specifically? they would play each other so that's 1 loss right there and then the other having to stop the spread offense week in and week out would eventually catch up to them.

Okie35
11/20/2011, 01:58 AM
who would beat them?

Whoever they slipped up to. They'd both give up 400 and 500 yards passing like we do. Did we think we'd ever lose to Tech or Baylor? Nope so it would be hard to tell who it would be to but it'll be a spread team I'd tell you that much.

Blue
11/20/2011, 02:14 AM
They would lose if they had to face these offenses every week. But lets give them 50 days to prepare for one game. Im starting to not enjoy college football.

Tear Down This Wall
11/20/2011, 02:59 AM
These threads are laughable. We lose to Baylor and Texas Tech, and yet still have people thinking LSU and Alabama are inferior.

Also, the same Kevin Wilson who only got us 14 points in the title game against Florida somehow got 701 points out of the team in the regular season.

The problem with some OU fans is simple - they will never admit that Bob Stoops caught lightning in a bottle in 2000. His brainfart games are legend. Tonight was no different - not allowing Art Briles to run out the clock so that...Baylor could have yet another shot at our banged up and confused secondary.

It's laughable. Truly laughable. Nick Saban and Les Miles...it doesn't happen to those guys. That's why you'll see them playing each other again in the national title game.

Us? We'll pick up another Big 12 Championship...Kings of the Conference With No Defenses and Gimmicky Offeses yet again. It nice to win the conference title. But, if you're honest, you go ahead give credit to LSU and Alabama for being the best two teams in the country...and hope that Bob Stoops takes notes on what they are doing.

Blue
11/20/2011, 03:02 AM
Oh they are better, but my point was its tough to face these offenses week in and week out. LSU gave up 500 yards to WVU. Face 9 wvu's a year and you'll lose one or two.

Tear Down This Wall
11/20/2011, 03:02 AM
We should've went to the Pac-12. These spreads will be the reason we don't go undefeated ever again.

Yes...by all means, let's go hide in a weaker conference than we're already in. That's the answer to poor coaching and bad defensive play. Run and hide. Genius.

Indy Sooner
11/20/2011, 07:14 AM
?...
It's laughable. Truly laughable. Nick Saban and Les Miles...it doesn't happen to those guys. That's why you'll see them playing each other again in the national title game.

Lester > Bob... Never would have thunk it five or so years ago. But you're right.