PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Baylor and Sic Em

OUNASH
11/20/2011, 12:07 AM
Well deserved win. Cant wait for RG3 to graduate.

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2011, 12:08 AM
+1

sooneredaco
11/20/2011, 12:08 AM
Congrats. RG3 is insanely good

PLaw
11/20/2011, 12:12 AM
KUDOS, SIC 'EM

MyT Oklahoma
11/20/2011, 12:20 AM
Congratulations Baylor. Great game.

delhalew
11/20/2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah. Those boys played lights out. Congrats.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2011, 12:43 AM
congrats to BAYLOR...sic'em is the one with the anus thread? screw him....

Okie35
11/20/2011, 12:46 AM
Congrats to Baylor but RGIII is still soft to me because he lays in the fetal position after every touch and whines to refs. Even with that said I hope he balls out in the NFL.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2011, 01:38 AM
Congrats. RG3 is insanely goodDude gets my Heisman vote.

Blue
11/20/2011, 01:40 AM
I coulda hit 90% of those deep balls. WR's are still open....

sooner59
11/20/2011, 02:01 AM
Sicem is passed out on Zima.

cvsooner
11/20/2011, 02:22 AM
RGIII will win the Heisman in no small part due to this game.

Blue
11/20/2011, 02:26 AM
RGIII will win the Heisman in no small part due to this game.

Yeah, I doubt it. Its Going to Luck.

Soonerus
11/20/2011, 02:50 AM
F' Baylor ...they suck...1-20 overall ...

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 03:05 AM
F' Baylor ...they suck...1-20 overall ...

Having a good time in Waco, Russ? How was the Dr. Pepper Museum?

Soonerus
11/20/2011, 03:08 AM
Trust me, I did not go to dp stuff...

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 03:38 AM
http://www.drpeppermuseum.com/Visit-Us.aspx

They're open on Sundays from Noon to 4:15pm.

I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, even Bob Stoops is a Pepper!

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 03:52 AM
http://www.drpeppermuseum.com/Visit-Us.aspx

They're open on Sundays from Noon to 4:15pm.

I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, even Bob Stoops is a Pepper!

Listen to the man, Rus. There's a $.50 coupon for the museum in that link...might make your trip worth it. Waco appreciates your business.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 03:55 AM
Thanks everyone (mostly). Wow. I barely know what to say. It's a good thing I'm typing because my voice is absolutely gone. My TV was on a slight time delay, and one of my friends at the stadium actually tried to call me right at the end. I heard the roar of the stadium before I saw what happened which was kind of cool.

This game was the result of a once in a generation athlete, good game planning, some luck, and one or two flat out bad coaching decisions.

VA Sooner
11/20/2011, 08:06 AM
Good game by the Baylors, Sic 'em. RGIII was impresssive.

virginiasooner
11/20/2011, 08:18 AM
Good game by the Baylors, Sic 'em. RGIII was impresssive.

Yes, he was awesome. But what hurts more is the Pokes gloating. But hey, they lost to Iowa State, and RGIII is a Heisman candidate (better him than that whatshisname QB up in Stillwater).

oudivesherpa
11/20/2011, 09:43 AM
Baylor played a very smart, well played game.

trwxxa
11/20/2011, 10:34 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

With that said, Baylor made the plays they needed and deserved the win.

BU BEAR
11/20/2011, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdnDSw2Z5E

This is the greatest moment in Baylor history.

kenth68
11/20/2011, 11:24 AM
Griffin wasn't "insanely good" or even awesome. Oklahoma defense was that bad. But keep saying it to make yourself feel better about how badly Oklahoma played.

Our secondary defense never pulled their heads out and the offense, except for the O-line, was slow and confused. LJ came out and played like he just got out of bed, or was hungover. He was slow, unsure and acted like he was not comfortable throwing the ball. Broyles is out? Too bad, still have to throw the ball. Just because one star is out, doesn't mean you don't expect the rest to step up.

Team leaders, which the qb is a big one have an effect on the rest of the team. If they don't have confidence in their game, the rest will pick up on that.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2011, 11:51 AM
Outcome aside, it was another great and fun weekend in Wacky Waco. The BU fans have really come into their own in just a short year. Their tailgating area is growing and pretty cool by the 'creek'. The RV area are growing as well. Congrats SicEm!

tulsaoilerfan
11/20/2011, 12:03 PM
Why were you not at the game Sic Em?

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 01:54 PM
Why were you not at the game Sic Em?
Couldn't make the trip to Waco, but I certainly wish I had been!

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 02:16 PM
I coulda hit 90% of those deep balls. WR's are still open....
Yeah, but you couldn't hit that last TD pass.

The guy is a stud. Face it.

cvsooner
11/20/2011, 02:45 PM
This game was the result of a once in a generation athlete, good game planning, some luck, and one or two flat out bad coaching decisions.And a defense that played way over its abilities as shown in the past. Great job by Baylor on what was a big upset weekend. Okay, you're now 1-20...and ironically enough, last season at the game in Waco, RGIII had his worst game of the season. Not this year,though. Well, hats off to you and yours. We are also very banged up and I'm not sure we were ever really national championship caliber. Maybe if all the starters were still in and not injured. Maybe.

UTgradOUfan
11/20/2011, 03:32 PM
Big Congrats Baylor! Well played and well fought game. My heart is broken but glad for your team and fans.
You guys got shafted in all the hypothetical conference realignment talk and proved you belong in the Big 12.
Now please go on and beat the whorns, send them to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, or I take all these kind words back.

MR2-Sooner86
11/20/2011, 04:54 PM
BAN SICEM!!!

Cheerin' 4 OU
11/20/2011, 06:02 PM
Am I a bad fan because I'm actually enjoying Baylor's and Sicem's reactions to all of this?

I love my Sooners and I'm absolutely a huge sunshine pumper, but the absolute only thing that has made this loss tolerable is that Baylor fans have been hilarious over this win. I have yet to see any of them insult us because they've all been too busy being surprised that they won - some have even posted about preparing for the second coming because this was surely a sign of the apocalypse.

JLEW1818
11/20/2011, 07:20 PM
congrats to baylor and Sic Em.

had a great weekend. Baylor fans are great. Good town and good food and drink. Bears are by far my second fav team in the big 12.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2011, 07:26 PM
Am I a bad fan because I'm actually enjoying Baylor's and Sicem's reactions to all of this?

I love my Sooners and I'm absolutely a huge sunshine pumper, but the absolute only thing that has made this loss tolerable is that Baylor fans have been hilarious over this win. I have yet to see any of them insult us because they've all been too busy being surprised that they won - some have even posted about preparing for the second coming because this was surely a sign of the apocalypse.

Awwww shucks. :cheerful:

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 07:28 PM
I concur. That was one of Baylors best games ever. I still think the Refs were awful but we should always overcome such things and not use them as an excuse but IMO I'm real tired of seeing Big XII Refs with what seems to be a hard on for us in tough games.

RGIII is a fantastic QB and his Team really stepped up and helped him at the end of the 4th qtr. fantastic game.

Congratulations on your 1st win against us in football. I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 07:30 PM
Big Congrats Baylor! Well played and well fought game. My heart is broken but glad for your team and fans.
You guys got shafted in all the hypothetical conference realignment talk and proved you belong in the Big 12.
Now please go on and beat the whorns, send them to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, or I take all these kind words back.

Heh

BU BEAR
11/20/2011, 09:20 PM

I love my Sooners and I'm absolutely a huge sunshine pumper, but the absolute only thing that has made this loss tolerable is that Baylor fans have been hilarious over this win. I have yet to see any of them insult us....

We would not insult y'all because OU has great fans. I think this year, not just this week but earlier in the year, our fans turned a corner along with this team and actually expect to win. The TCU win was big; and this win was obviously huge. This win was huge for three reasons in my opinion: (a) it was over OU--one of the most storied programs in football; (b) it was over a top-5 team; and (c) we did not give up the ghost in the 4th quarter as we have done and almost done in the past.

caesarscott
11/20/2011, 10:09 PM
Well deserved win. Cant wait for RG3 to graduate.he's already graduated. he's working on a Master's.

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2011, 11:00 PM
My biggest congrats to Sic'em is that he understands the spirit of smack. I am concerned about his obsession with anuses though.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 11:07 PM
Congratulations to the Baylor Bears

sooneron
11/20/2011, 11:09 PM
Congrats to the Bears and their fans. They were the better team last night. Beat texas, it's fun.

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2011, 12:14 AM
Congrats to the Bears and their fans. They were the better team last night. Beat texas, it's fun.
Thanks! I've heard nothing but good things from OU fans except for a few things said in jest by my friends. I got one text just after that last TD from a friend that said, "I can't wait to kick you in the nuts the next time I see you!"

cvsooner
12/11/2011, 04:49 PM
RGIII will win the Heisman in no small part due to this game.Harumph. I think I have been proven correct.

StoopTroup
12/11/2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks! I've heard nothing but good things from OU fans except for a few things said in jest by my friends. I got one text just after that last TD from a friend that said, "I can't wait to kick you in the nuts the next time I see you!"

http://www.ipballet.org/images/pgElements/programs/nutcracker/center_Nutcracker_N2006-5-0501.450.300.jpg

SoCal
12/12/2011, 08:17 PM
Terrelle Pryor's story just reinforces greatness of Baylor's Robert Griffin:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- One of the two best true freshman quarterbacks from the 2008 college football season strode to the stage in New York on Saturday night and accepted the Heisman Trophy. The other was Terrelle Pryor.

Late in 2008 and in early in 2009, Ohio State’s Pryor or Baylor’s Robert Griffin III was an interesting question to ponder. Both had taken over behind center as true freshmen QBs in BCS conferences, the only players in the nation who did that in 2008.

Both were exceptional athletes -- Pryor the No. 1 recruit in the 2008 class at 6-6 and 235 pounds, Griffin a nearly world-class hurdler at 6-3 and 210 pounds. Both were among the best dual-threat quarterbacks in the country, with nearly unlimited potential.

When the Buckeyes played Texas in the Fiesta Bowl after the 2008 season, the comparison that Longhorns defender Brian Orakpo made when asked about Pryor was what Texas had seen against Griffin earlier in the year.

“We watched a lot of film, and he’s very similar to Griffin,” Orakpo said. “We’re very familiar with those types of quarterbacks.”

They were that type. But the point here isn’t to use Griffin to show what Pryor failed to do. It’s to use Pryor to reinforce how impressive Griffin’s accomplishment is.

Talent takes you so far, but what Griffin did on and off the field at a program that average college football fans know nothing about created the type of player and person who earned every inch of that Heisman.

It was Griffin who lost most of his sophomore season to a knee injury, not Pryor, but it was Pryor who got derailed. That can happen to any player. So even when it’s possible to look back, as can be done with Griffin, and see that, as a freshman, he flashed what eventually landed him on that stage on New York, you can never take it for granted. Griffin progressed every year, improved as a passer, flourished in an offensive system that was more wide-open than anything Pryor every played in, and gave himself the chance to be great.

That’s not always easy.

Before the 2009 season, Stewart Mandel at SI.com compared the two and wrote that he would take Pryor, believing him to be a more gifted passer, and predicting he would become “the most dominant player in the country over the next two years.”

At the Heisman Pundit website, the choice was Griffin in a close call.

It doesn’t mean that Pryor won’t end up being a superstar (I think he will). But I think Griffin has more natural ability and football intelligence and has a chance to become a more complete quarterback.

At the time, I can remember asking Pryor about Griffin briefly, the Buckeye expressing his admiration for the Baylor Bear. I also wrote plenty during the next two years about Pryor’s Heisman chances, his school, his high profile and his highlights giving him every advantage. Winning the Heisman is more like winning an Oscar than winning an MVP award - your story and exposure can matter as much as your stats - and, at the very least, Pryor knew people were going to see his movie.

We all know how that went. Entertaining. Dramatic. A lot of high points and a few lows. Some surprise departures of some supporting characters. Abrupt ending. So some Ohio State fans may have watched Griffin accept his Heisman and thought briefly, “Yeah, that could have been Pryor.”

But sometimes what a good film does best is illustrate how difficult it is to make, and how necessary it is to appreciate, a great one.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2011/12/terrelle_pryors_story_just_rei.html