PDA

View Full Version : That Timeout

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2011, 12:00 AM
You don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Baylor was giving OU the gift of OT. That timeout was a huge mistake. Unbelievable.

BlownGP
11/20/2011, 12:06 AM
I didnt understand that.. We have stopped RG3, but I didnt think we were going to that drive.

Boomer.....
11/20/2011, 12:06 AM
Bad call

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2011, 12:14 AM
I say 50/50...more bu coaches made a great call...try and see what they can do..Stoops gambled and thought maybe bu would just try and run it out...bu coaches said screw u Big Bob...now we are going to try and win it...

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2011, 12:27 AM
The reason I prefer OT in that situation is it gives the O, which was starting to roll pretty good there at the end, the opportunity to even things up if the D has (yet another) letdown. If we give up even 3 in regulation, it's over. I couldn't believe how lucky we were when Baylor was going to run out the clock, and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the timeout.

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 12:29 AM
The timeout was a good call. The bad call was Venables defensive play calling giving RGIII all freaking day to pass and or scramble.

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 12:31 AM
We were trying to force Baylor to have to punt ... but our defense let us down again.

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2011, 12:34 AM
The timeout was a good call. The bad call was Venables defensive play calling giving RGIII all freaking day to pass and or scramble.

Except the timeout depended on having the D step up. I didn't think for a minute that we would stop them from getting the field goal once they decided to try to win it, although I admit I didn't expect them to blast out yet another easy TD in under a minute.

So, sure, if your D is kickin' butt, the TO is a good call.

MeMyself&Me
11/20/2011, 12:35 AM
TO was a bad call. OU had the better atheletes and therefore had the advantage in OT. Damn near through my glass of beer at the TV when the TO was called but then I thought, OU doesn't deserve the win anyway. OU shouldn't have been in a competitive game with Baylor. Oh well, there's always next year.

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 12:36 AM
I'm done ranting. Somebody else makes the big bucks to fix the glaring problems this program has on defense.

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 12:37 AM
By the way, what was Proctor doing in the vack of the endzone? He sure wasn't guarding any Baylor receivers.

PCSooner
11/20/2011, 12:41 AM
OT was there and we were stupid to press the issue. OT was ours because Baylor only beat us on deep plays. From the 25, less worry about getting beat deep and more pressure on them to move the ball methodically. We could have just run Belldozer all OT and been fine.

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2011, 12:44 AM
We could have just run Belldozer all OT and been fine.

Especially if we got to the point of requiring the 2-pt. Bell was basically getting 2 yards just falling forward.

Socrefbek
11/20/2011, 12:44 AM
The timeout was a good call. The bad call was Venables defensive play calling giving RGIII all freaking day to pass and or scramble. NO IT WASNT

BrotherMalcolm
11/20/2011, 12:51 AM
If Bob wanted to gamble he shoulda gone for it at the end of the 2nd qtr instead of punting like a biatch.

TitoMorelli
11/20/2011, 12:57 AM
Even if the Bears had gone three and out, we would have gotten the ball back with what, maybe 20 seconds left? And in our own end of the field, with no timeouts, The potential for getting bitten in the *** after stopping the clock was far greater than any potential advantage to be gained. Unbelievably bad judgement.

Stooper
11/20/2011, 01:14 AM
Worst call of Stoops career as Head Coach.

Fiatil
11/20/2011, 01:17 AM
I've never really blamed a loss on Stoops before. I've always given him the benefit of a doubt and I realize that he can't control everything that the players do on the field. That timeout was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in football.

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 01:17 AM
Worst call of Stoops career as Head Coach.

Not even close. His defense let us down is why we lost. It was pretty amazing we fought back, like against Tech earlier.

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 01:18 AM
I've never really blamed a loss on Stoops before. I've always given him the benefit of a doubt and I realize that he can't control everything that the players do on the field. That timeout was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in football.

How old are you 12? Dumbest thing in football? Wow!

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2011, 01:21 AM
It wasn't the dumbest thing I've ever seen but it was pretty dumb.

Fiatil
11/20/2011, 01:23 AM
Pardon the obvious hyperbole. Yes, one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in football, and definitely the most head-scratchingly dumb timeout I have ever seen.

I'm not sitting here saying FIRE STOOPS. Just a really really dumb decision. I forget how touchy we all get after a loss, "sunshine pumper" and "doomsayer" all.

Tear Down This Wall
11/20/2011, 03:09 AM
I wish Barry Switzer and Tom Osborn would tie Bob Stoops to a chair and make him learn their old creed, "Play the percentages."

On the road. Lucky to have tied the game with less than a minute left. Opposing coach - who admitted as much after the game - folded up for overtime.

So, what does Stoops do? No...call a time out. The secondary has played so great, we'll gladly let Baylor take a few more shots at it.

So, stupid. So, ridiculously stupid.