PDA

View Full Version : This Coaching Staff and Program Have Become Complacent

FaninAma
11/19/2011, 11:21 PM
Couple that with the fact that we are now playing in a mediocre league and there seems to be reason to be concerned.

goingoneight
11/19/2011, 11:23 PM
We're a system team. The league has us figured out... it's just a matter of can they stop it or hang with it.

landrun
11/19/2011, 11:25 PM
The plain suck! Time for a regime change. Stoops is resting on the 2000 championship game and beating a dysfunctional Texas program more than he's lost.

OUInformant
11/19/2011, 11:30 PM
Stoops has lost his edge. He has multi-million dollar salary that he doesn't want to lose.

AlboSooner
11/19/2011, 11:32 PM
Stoops is worshiped by the OU admin and local media. No pressure what so ever.

KABOOKIE
11/19/2011, 11:33 PM
They haven't been able to slow down the Belldozer tonight.

KABOOKIE
11/19/2011, 11:33 PM
Well, if there ever was a time for a pick six.

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 12:11 AM
Time after time after time Venables plays the soft zone in critical part of the game and gives the opposing QB eons of time.

Sad. Just sad.

We have recruited very well over the last 3 years but we have no chance to return to the national title game with this defensive staff.

SoonernAR
11/20/2011, 12:15 AM
I think V and this staff will be under heavy fire, hopefully it's finally bad enough to force Stoop's hand.

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 12:20 AM
Stoops is worshiped by the OU admin and local media. No pressure what so ever.He drove into Norman a middle class man. We made him a multi millionaire for life. He won one National Championship with players he didn't even recruit but with a team he inherited. I expected one more by now, so sue me; just one National Championship every decade or so would be enough to satisfy me. If anyone thinks thats too much to expect given the tradition we have, the reputation we had, and the money we shell out to make sure that our football program has the best of everything to offer coaches and players alike, then they don't get it.

OUNASH
11/20/2011, 12:22 AM
If anyone thinks anything is going to change you are fooling yourself. Stoops can do what he wants, he would have to have 2 or 3 losing seasons in a row before Joe C or Boren will force his hand. Based on the way Boren handled the conf. realignment he might not do anything.
We all need to quit drinking the Kool Aid and just realize we will be good but never great. I cant see us winning another championship with this staff. If it were to change Ill be the first one to Congratulate them.

RJSooner
11/20/2011, 12:24 AM
The title of this post should be put on a sign and hung in place of the "play like a champion today" sign... because nothing is more true in the universe than the title of this post.

Sooner Schemer
11/20/2011, 12:31 AM
The title of this post should be put on a sign and hung in place of the "play like a champion today" sign... because nothing is more true in the universe than the title of this post.
Can anyone fark the "play like a champion" sign into "COACH like a champion"?

soonervegas
11/20/2011, 12:49 AM
If anyone thinks anything is going to change you are fooling yourself. Stoops can do what he wants, he would have to have 2 or 3 losing seasons in a row before Joe C or Boren will force his hand. Based on the way Boren handled the conf. realignment he might not do anything.
We all need to quit drinking the Kool Aid and just realize we will be good but never great. I cant see us winning another championship with this staff. If it were to change Ill be the first one to Congratulate them.

These words need to be sticky at the top of the board or you should have to agree to it before signing in.

FaninAma
11/20/2011, 11:07 AM
Offensively the coaching staff has kept pace. Defensively Venables is still playing a style of defense that worked in 2001.

How many more games of giving up 40+ will it take before Venables changes his pass coverage scheme?

oumartin
11/20/2011, 11:25 AM
Venables is awesome. Prolly best DC in country

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 11:38 AM
Venables is awesome. Prolly best DC in country

What I been saying for years! And he proved it again last night! LoL

oumartin
11/20/2011, 11:40 AM
What I been saying for years! And he proved it again last night! LoL

How is he not at the top of every athletic directors list every year? Dude obviously has "IT" and it's gonna suck if anyone every hires him away. :(

SoonerLB
11/20/2011, 12:05 PM
The Kool Aid we have been drinking is that we have believed the press on the athletes we have. It's rather obvious that the levels of ability and game sense are not where we have been led to believe they are. I seriously doubt our defensive backs are coached to let opposing recievers get ten yards beyond their coverage on a regular basis. Nor were they coached to let K Wright run as free as he was pleased for over 200 yards as he did. If we recruit such great athletes, then where are they? Yeah, that recruiting Kool Aid sure is some good stuff ain't it? :(
And then there are those that spend a little too much time in hair salons and tattoo parlors instead of working on their game, but that is a whole 'nuther topic! ;)

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2011, 12:49 PM
And if you believe the players were not coached to cheat up on the middle routes, then you are crazy.

Every big play came not on 9 routes (streaks) but came on routes where the WR started a route to the middle, the safety tried to jump the route getting sucked in and the WR the reversed his route and cut it back outside into a streak.

That is coaching...not a players ability!

usmc-sooner
11/20/2011, 12:57 PM
but Venables yells around and shows so much emotion. That makes him good.

When Stoops got here he was like fans should expect championships and no excuses. Now he gets mad if someone questions losses to inferior teams and makes excuses.

Curly Bill
11/20/2011, 01:02 PM
Seems Bob's attitude has changed from being glad he's here, to one of: we should be glad he's here. Give me the old Bob who felt more like he owed OU something, to the one who feels OU owes him.

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2011, 01:50 PM
Stoops made two of the most boneheaded decisions I've seen last night, but he is overall an excellent coach. The problem is some of his assistants. What was it that Barry told his assistants in the midst of that 1981-83 stretch? Bob needs to tell his the same thing. Venables is a joke. I can't blame him for that ridiculous tipped TD, but I can blame him for sucking in general.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2011, 03:16 PM
The Kool Aid we have been drinking is that we have believed the press on the athletes we have. It's rather obvious that the levels of ability and game sense are not where we have been led to believe they are. I seriously doubt our defensive backs are coached to let opposing recievers get ten yards beyond their coverage on a regular basis. Nor were they coached to let K Wright run as free as he was pleased for over 200 yards as he did. If we recruit such great athletes, then where are they? Yeah, that recruiting Kool Aid sure is some good stuff ain't it? :(
And then there are those that spend a little too much time in hair salons and tattoo parlors instead of working on their game, but that is a whole 'nuther topic! ;)

great post LB

NorthernIowaSooner
11/20/2011, 03:32 PM

How noble of you to complain when they lose two games in a season and then will be the first to jump back on the bandwagon and congratulate the staff if they win another championship.

Tear Down This Wall
11/20/2011, 03:34 PM
Couple that with the fact that we are now playing in a mediocre league and there seems to be reason to be concerned.

There's no reason to be concerned, remember? We're making money, winning Big 12 championships, and going to BCS bowl games. Losing winnables games is acceptable now if we just get these three goals accomplished. Especially, the money-making part.

engineer24
11/20/2011, 04:43 PM
Stoops has become an arrogant smug bastard since the championship. He feels as if he has arrived and since he's already won a title that he's doing everything great and if anybody disagrees it means they are ungreatful. He will also blame the players for everything instead of acknowledging some coaching deficiency. This is how the press conference is going to go tomorrow:

Reporter: "What happened to your defense Bob?"

Bob: (with a scowl on his face) "Well uh we just tried to put our guys in a good position to make plays, and they didnt make the plays they were supposed to, kept getting beat over the top. They didnt follow their keys and let people run behind em"

Reporter: "Why did you call that last time out"

Bob: "Well I always want to give our offense a last chance to score if we can. Our defensive players just let us down though."

Reporter: "Coach there's been some criticism of the defense over hte last few years, that its not the same as when Mike Stoops was leading it"

Bob: "I shouldnt even address that, because you guys are being ridiculous. We won 7 Big 12 championships with defense. We won a national title with defense. We are in the top rankings in the Big 12 every year in defense. This is the same defensive scheme and philosophy that won all those big games, so now when we lose a game you guys wanna turn this around and say that our defense is broken. If the players dont do what they are supposed to do on defense, there's nothin I can do about that. They let us down last night."

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 05:48 PM
Stoops has become an arrogant smug bastard since the championship. He feels as if he has arrived and since he's already won a title that he's doing everything great and if anybody disagrees it means they are ungreatful. He will also blame the players for everything instead of acknowledging some coaching deficiency. This is how the press conference is going to go tomorrow:

Bob: (with a scowl on his face) "Well uh we just tried to put our guys in a good position to make plays, and they didnt make the plays they were supposed to, kept getting beat over the top. They didnt follow their keys and let people run behind em"

Bob: "Well I always want to give our offense a last chance to score if we can. Our defensive players just let us down though."

Reporter: "Coach there's been some criticism of the defense over hte last few years, that its not the same as when Mike Stoops was leading it"

Bob: "I shouldnt even address that, because you guys are being ridiculous. We won 7 Big 12 championships with defense. We won a national title with defense. We are in the top rankings in the Big 12 every year in defense. This is the same defensive scheme and philosophy that won all those big games, so now when we lose a game you guys wanna turn this around and say that our defense is broken. If the players dont do what they are supposed to do on defense, there's nothin I can do about that. They let us down last night." :D

SoonerinSouthlake
11/20/2011, 10:33 PM
He drove into Norman a middle class man. We made him a multi millionaire for life. He won one National Championship with players he didn't even recruit but with a team he inherited. I expected one more by now, so sue me; just one National Championship every decade or so would be enough to satisfy me. If anyone thinks thats too much to expect given the tradition we have, the reputation we had, and the money we shell out to make sure that our football program has the best of everything to offer coaches and players alike, then they don't get it.

Well
He got one in 2000. This is the 2nd year of a new decade...so he has 8 more years to satisfy you

MyT Oklahoma
11/20/2011, 11:30 PM
I don't like what happened last night any more than any of the rest of you. However, I still intend to take my daughter to the game this Saturday and have a good time.

After 40 years I know all too well that the powers that be will do what they want to with our program. It is what it is.

P.S. Changes need to be made but I'm not holding my breath.

pappy
11/20/2011, 11:56 PM

Bob: "I shouldnt even address that, because you guys are being ridiculous. We won 7 Big 12 championships with defense. We won a national title with defense. We are in the top rankings in the Big 12 every year in defense. This is the same defensive scheme and philosophy that won all those big games, so now when we lose a game you guys wanna turn this around and say that our defense is broken. If the players dont do what they are supposed to do on defense, there's nothin I can do about that. They let us down last night."

Wow, Bob. Its your responsibility to put players out there who will do what they're supposed to do. How about you take some responsibility for the loss and quit blaming your players. Bob, you have different players every year but keep having the same results which are losses to inferior opponents! If your players aren't doing what they are supposed to do, put someone in who will and if you don't have someone who will then you are failing your players, as their coach. Unfortunately, Bob's new mo is losing to teams he has no business losing to.

SOONER44EVER
11/21/2011, 12:04 AM
Yes Stoops is complacent and he's not even the best coach on the big 12. Sad.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/21/2011, 09:21 AM

"

a. he's probably pissed that the players are at fault here. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he probably did work over and over again on whatever these kids during the game and is using the media to give them a public spanking as a motivator.

and I'll give him said "benefit of the doubt because I guess you havent been paying attention for the passed 10 years. During which:

b. HE HAS SAID SEVERAL OCCASIONS " I GOT OUTCOACHED"

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 10:12 AM
I will be disappointed if Bob throws his players under the bus. He needs to recognize there is something in the defensive scheme or the way the coaching staff is teaching it that is causing players confusion.

I really think they need to simplify the defense and have a more attacking style of defense.Would we give up some big plays? Sure we would. Would we give up more tuan we are now? I doubt it.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2011, 10:19 AM
OK, did I miss something, cause engineer24 posts is about how he THINKS the press conference will go, not what Stoops has actually said.

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2011, 10:34 AM
b. HE HAS SAID SEVERAL OCCASIONS " I GOT OUTCOACHED"
^^^^ THIS is unacceptable!!!! For $5M a year...you don't get outcoached...again

hawaii 5-0
11/21/2011, 10:47 AM
Seemed like just a coupla years ago that other teams were sending their coaches to Norman to learn OU's defensive schemes.

5-0

tator
11/21/2011, 11:12 AM
I'm curious. Do some of you honestly think that the coaching staff is giving no effort to winning? Do you think that they don't want to win as bad, if not worse, than us armchair QB's do? Do you not also think that every other coach in the nation wants to win just as bad?

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2011, 12:32 PM
I'm curious. Do some of you honestly think that the coaching staff is giving no effort to winning? Do you think that they don't want to win as bad, if not worse, than us armchair QB's do? Do you not also think that every other coach in the nation wants to win just as bad?
Nope...I THINK our coaches want to win and that they do the best they can...but, so does Turner Gill

cherokeebrewer
11/21/2011, 12:46 PM
OK, did I miss something, cause engineer24 posts is about how he THINKS the press conference will go, not what Stoops has actually said.You didn't miss anything. He made that up...amazing what folks will believe...

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 12:54 PM

I think they want to win very badly. I also think they are , for whatever reason, unwilling to evaluate their defensive philosophy. On offense this coaching staff has been innovative but on defense, especially in tight games, they fall back to a passive bend but don't break style of defense.

It would be interesting to analyze the coverage OU was in when they gave up the big plays.

Perhaps it is personnel. If so we have not done a very good job of finding safeties with good coverage skills.

Dan Thompson
11/21/2011, 01:19 PM
Maybe Bob will make room for Mike as DC.

Howzit
11/21/2011, 03:22 PM
Well
He got one in 2000. This is the 2nd year of a new decade...so he has 8 more years to satisfy you

Yes, but that covered the last decade in the 20th century. We didn't get one in the first decade of the 21st century, so he has to win 2 by 2020 to stay on Mama's good side.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2011, 04:53 PM
Are we using the standard Gregorian calendar? Or a Hebrew calendar?

I just want to make sure so I know when to get really pissed.

PhiDeltBeers
11/21/2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but don't forget the world comes to an end next year.

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, but don't forget the world comes to an end next year.

And with the recent luck of the Sooners we will have the best college team since the 1994 Nebraska Cornhuskers heading for an almost guaranteed title #8.

pphilfran
11/21/2011, 08:06 PM
Yes Stoops is complacent and he's not even the best coach on the big 12. Sad.

Who is the best coach? Snyder?

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 10:20 PM
And if you believe the players were not coached to cheat up on the middle routes, then you are crazy.

Every big play came not on 9 routes (streaks) but came on routes where the WR started a route to the middle, the safety tried to jump the route getting sucked in and the WR the reversed his route and cut it back outside into a streak.

That is coaching...not a players ability!

Good post. I know I am about to get negged into oblivion on my next statement but the things that keep happening to our DBs are just so basic and elementary. How basic you say? Basic enough that my 3rd and 4th grade flag football team runs the same routes in our offense. Throw a couple of slants or short routes, wait for the safety to bite
and rush up to cover the short slant or cross then go deep.

The basic problem is that you cannot allow the opposing QB to stand back in the pocket for as long as Griffin was allowed to. No DB can cover a good receiver for more than 4 seconds and if your scheme allows the recevers to run free across the middle of course you will have safeties biting on those routes.

Our DBs are going to have to get more physical at the line of scrimmage. Disrupt the route and you disrupt the timing. And if you have one of your best pass rushers going down with an injury like we did with R. Lewis the coaches have to be creative enough with their blitzing scheme or stunts to get pressure on the QB. You just have to help your DBs out.

C&CDean
11/21/2011, 10:23 PM
I won't neg ya Steve. I'm just thankful you're keeping your silliness in a single thread my brother. Thankful as hell.

FaninAma
11/21/2011, 10:34 PM
I won't neg ya Steve. I'm just thankful you're keeping your silliness in a single thread my brother. Thankful as hell.

LOL. You know some of us have marked OCD to the point we just have to over-analyze everything.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/22/2011, 09:03 AM
I blame it on the Penguins. Ever since the Penguins left, the coaches got complacent.

DAMN YOU PENGUINS!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/22/2011, 11:07 AM
IMO OU will never win another National Championship while Stoops is head coach. This is because he is no longer hungry for a NC, he and his staff are content to have a 1 or 2 loss season with an occasional 3 or 4 thrown in infrequently. Why? Because that will keep him and his staff amongst the top 5 or 6 in college pay and will continue the gig for as long as they want to stay. Stoops fully intends to retire here (IMO - who wouldn't) and he won't jeopardize that by constantly pushing to be in the NC hunt. He is fully content to be just less than excellent, excellent lite perhaps...

BeaSooner
11/22/2011, 01:28 PM
IMO OU will never win another National Championship while Stoops is head coach. This is because he is no longer hungry for a NC, he and his staff are content to have a 1 or 2 loss season with an occasional 3 or 4 thrown in infrequently. Why? Because that will keep him and his staff amongst the top 5 or 6 in college pay and will continue the gig for as long as they want to stay. Stoops fully intends to retire here (IMO - who wouldn't) and he won't jeopardize that by constantly pushing to be in the NC hunt. He is fully content to be just less than excellent, excellent lite perhaps...

That didn't make a damn bit of sense.

Curly Bill
11/22/2011, 01:30 PM
I don't know if I totally agree with it, but I understand it. Diminish expectations and it's easier to live up to them.

ashley
11/22/2011, 08:24 PM
Dumbest post. It is obvious you guys have never been to practice,

oumartin
11/22/2011, 08:25 PM
BRING BACK THE KING!!!!!!!!!

SoonerNate
11/22/2011, 10:01 PM
He drove into Norman a middle class man. We made him a multi millionaire for life. He won one National Championship with players he didn't even recruit but with a team he inherited. I expected one more by now, so sue me; just one National Championship every decade or so would be enough to satisfy me. If anyone thinks thats too much to expect given the tradition we have, the reputation we had, and the money we shell out to make sure that our football program has the best of everything to offer coaches and players alike, then they don't get it.

I'm with you. I don't want Bob fired or anything like that obviously but to expect adjustments to be made IMO =/= being a bad fan. All we want is for the mistakes that have proven to become chronic to be dealt with. Doing the same thing time and again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2011, 10:12 PM
And here I thought this thread had already hit rock bottom. You know the saying...then 50 feet of crap, then this.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 10:42 PM
I don't know if complacent is the word, but..."It worked eight times" Bob Stoops.

Let the man speak for himself.

SOONER44EVER
11/23/2011, 04:16 AM
Who is the best coach? Snyder? Yes.

C&CDean
11/23/2011, 09:01 AM
groan

I weep for some of you. Seriously.

pphilfran
11/23/2011, 01:53 PM
groan

I weep for some of you. Seriously.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/kleenex.jpg

Mad Dog Madsen
11/23/2011, 02:06 PM
I wish we could relive the 90's just one more time so you guys would be a little more thankful for what Bob Stoops has done here.

baja okla
11/23/2011, 03:19 PM
Bob Stoops has been great for OU. I want him to stay. I also know our coaches and players put out a lot of effort against Baylor. I was at the game and saw that effort and emotion.

We are going to lose some games, but with Bob around those are going to be few in number.

My discouragement about the Baylor game is that all that effort was undone by a few unguarded pass plays. Our vulnerability to the long pass was shown in the very first Baylor drive. On the deep pass plays, our defensive backs weren't beaten by a yard or two, they were beaten by 10 yards or more. We didn't look prepared even though the only way Baylor was going to win was through the air. Baylor has not been a great running team all season.

Not prepared in some ways for their offense, OK. But we made no apparent, or at least effective, adjustments during the game. Crap.... Venables has to go! :biggrin:

MountainOkie
11/23/2011, 05:23 PM
I went through the 90s and I love Bob Stoops, as long as he keeps us at the top or near the top in the league I got no complaints.

But with that said, I do have a recommendation for him: If you want to win another N.C., it's time to go back to your roots. You're a defensive coach. Always have been always will be. Stop trying to turn your team into an offensive team.

1. It's time to go back to the huddle on offense. Get the ball control to give your D a rest so they have the energy to rush from the LB and DB positions or keep up with the receivers running past them.

2. Get some generally mean, ill-disposed characters on D. Provide those characters who naturally just want to hurt something a "more positive outlet" for their instincts on the football field. A-la 70s Raiders, 80s Miami, 2000s Ravens. They'll test the boundaries of interference, defensive holding, the new pansy *** tackling rules, etc. early in the game and know what they can get away with by the end of it. Like A&M did against our receivers this year. This type also seems to more easily form an "us against the world mentality" promoting a good team ethic.

Just a recommendation.

SoonerNate
11/23/2011, 08:01 PM
I wish we could relive the 90's just one more time so you guys would be a little more thankful for what Bob Stoops has done here.

That's it. Since we were so ****ty in the 90's Stoops can do no wrong.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 08:05 PM
That's it. Since we were so ****ty in the 90's Stoops can do no wrong.

From 1975 to 1985 what were we? Just chillin'?

SoonerNate
11/23/2011, 08:05 PM
From 1975 to 1985 what were we?

A team that didn't lose to Baylor

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 08:07 PM
A team that didn't lose to BaylorWe played them how many times back then?

1976....lost to oSu 31-24. Just chillin'?

1975....the KU loss. More chillin'?

1978 Blown out by Arkansas in the Orange Bowl. I remember that nobody was chillin' when those happened.

People were upset and talking **** just like you are.

SoonerNate
11/23/2011, 08:16 PM
BV total average defensive ranking is about Number 60 in his 8 years of full defensive control for total defense.

Don't forget the 90's.... Hey look over there!

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 08:18 PM
Don't forget the 60's. Our MNC are incredible to read about.

oumartin
11/23/2011, 08:19 PM
We're gonna be screaming "remember the 90's" fourty years from now when programs like LSU, Bama, and others have added 2 and 3 more national titles.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 08:21 PM
We're gonna be screaming "remember the 90's" fourty years from now when programs like LSU, Bama, and others have added 2 and 3 more national tittles.

Tittles. We can always count on you for your expertise.....ROTFLMFAO

oumartin
11/23/2011, 08:23 PM
I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking aboot!

SoonerinSouthlake
11/23/2011, 08:24 PM
We're gonna be screaming "remember the 90's" fourty years from now when programs like LSU, Bama, and others have added 2 and 3 more national tittles.

I'll bet if they only add 2 or 3 more, if their fans are like ours...the will be pissed that they couldnt at 35 more in 40 years.

Either way....I'll be willing to bet, since I will outlive all of you spares, that the Sooners will have more titles than either of these half-arse programs 40, 50 or 60 years from now.

POW!

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 08:25 PM
I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking aboot!

We probably just need to use more lube.....lol

oumartin
11/23/2011, 08:29 PM
We probably just need to use more lube.....lol

Actually I'd say more meds.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 08:32 PM
Dr. Oz says the less meds....the better.

Football Jim
11/23/2011, 08:44 PM
Dumb thread. You need to spend some time simply trying to keep up with the intense schedule that this staff and team spend in pursuing excellence.
I bet non of us arm chair QB types could keep up with any of these guys in their daily routines as they do their utmost best to put great teams on the field year in and year out. Dumb thread. Very dumb.

oumartin
11/23/2011, 08:52 PM
Dr. Oz says the less meds....the better.

have you adhered to that advice?

soonercastor
11/23/2011, 09:04 PM
I'll be willing to bet, since I will outlive all of you spares, that the Sooners will have more titles than either of these half-arse programs 40, 50 or 60 years from now.

POW!

we'd have to win 2 championships per year to have a chance at passing Bama in the next 50 years. I think they have 115.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 09:06 PM
have you adhered to that advice?

I always follow the Drs. Advice. That's what they get paid the big bucks for. I fix their planes. I feel it's a fair arrangement.

I get drug tested.

They have people give them drugs and they can get any drug they want and they don't get drug tested.

I don't pass and my career is OVER.

They don't pass and they go get stoned, have a few drinks and go play some golf.

Funny little World we live in.

oumartin
11/23/2011, 09:08 PM
we'd have to win 2 championships per year to have a chance at passing Bama in the next 50 years. I think they have 115.

Well then we better hire Les Miles.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 09:11 PM
Well then we better hire Les Miles.

Or you could just start rooting for LSU. You'd seem much happier that way.

oumartin
11/23/2011, 09:36 PM
Or you could just start rooting for LSU. You'd seem much happier that way.

ewe, though I do like me some Les Miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_oiV_enW1E

oumartin
11/23/2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCybt3eRnak

FaninAma
11/24/2011, 12:01 AM
Dumb thread. You need to spend some time simply trying to keep up with the intense schedule that this staff and team spend in pursuing excellence.
I bet non of us arm chair QB types could keep up with any of these guys in their daily routines as they do their utmost best to put great teams on the field year in and year out. Dumb thread. Very dumb.

Give me a freaking break. Maybe you couldn't.

BTW, do you think it is a dumb thread?

FaninAma
12/3/2011, 10:52 PM
So, Football Jim, does this thread still seem dumb?

I guess we'll see how much pride Bob has. Pride is the one thing that can shake off the level of complacency that has overtaken this staff.

Dio
12/3/2011, 11:15 PM
Big Game Bob has morphed into Gary Gibbs

zeke
12/3/2011, 11:22 PM

Best post ALL YEAR