PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT be surprised if Baylor wins...no need to freak out or gnash teeth...

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2011, 08:29 PM
Could be we have a VERY distracted team today.

And, as they keep saying, Baylor has never beaten OU, so you have to figure the law of averages will catch up with us sooner or later.

Beyond that... I got nothin'.

The only thing that counts tonight, if we can get it, is the "W".

Gonna head out for groceries now... and maybe a nice Caribou coffee.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2011, 09:23 PM
So, I'm back. How we lookin'?

Oh Baylor on top?

Well... It is what it is.

Piware
11/19/2011, 09:54 PM
Still a lot of football to be played in Whacko.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2011, 10:12 PM
Yup. But we have been looking like a leaky boat pretty much all year. (Heck, we flat out took on water up to the bridge against TT.) And we have a couple holes that got bigger w/ Broyles and Whaley going down.

Team looks flat. You just can't paly like that and expect to win.

We are happy to point out to other folks that we are a team comprised mostly of sophomores and juniors, with a good chunk of that being sophomores.

So... are we still too young to be consistent? At this point I think it is a fair question.

All the fun has kind of been sucked out of it this year for me. It has been a weird, cruddy, scandal-riddled, uncertainty-filled, and tragedy-washed season.

Sorry to be sad sack on the bit... but I'll be happy to see 2011 gone.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/20/2011, 12:22 AM
And there it is. I spent the last hour and a half at a local cofee shop in a comfy chair in front of a fireplace reading a new book.

I would say my time was well spent.

And with this news as I check back into the board?

Well, I guess if we can beat the LoSuRs we still have a shot at a nice travel destination for the New Year. But I wouldn't count on that either.

Yeah... my season is done. Enjoy what remains ladies and gents.

I'm checking out for the year. See you in 2012.

Oldnslo
11/20/2011, 12:36 AM
Nothing wrong with the cotton bowl. It's just a let-down compared to what might have been. Too many injuries. Too much of "not enough".

Blue
11/20/2011, 02:32 AM
And there it is. I spent the last hour and a half at a local cofee shop in a comfy chair in front of a fireplace reading a new book.

I would say my time was well spent.

And with this news as I check back into the board?

Well, I guess if we can beat the LoSuRs we still have a shot at a nice travel destination for the New Year. But I wouldn't count on that either.

Yeah... my season is done. Enjoy what remains ladies and gents.

I'm checking out for the year. See you in 2012.

Bye. Take your mojo w/ ya.

nighttrain12
11/20/2011, 03:02 AM
Yeah SoonerBoy, whatever you did on Saturday, NEVER do it again, you gave OU bad luck.

Blue
11/20/2011, 03:03 AM
Yeah SoonerBoy, whatever you did on Saturday, NEVER do it again, you gave OU bad luck.

Talking about years of mojo.

OUstud
11/20/2011, 03:53 AM
Nothing wrong with the cotton bowl. It's just a let-down compared to what might have been. Too many injuries. Too much of "not enough".

This is what sucks. There is a LOT wrong with the Cotton Bowl (or, realistically, the dip**** bowl played in that warehouse in Arlington). This team is and was plenty capable of winning tonight's game, and the game against OSU which would have vaulted us to #2. Damn it all. Ugh.