PDA

View Full Version : Lets get this straight....

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 04:54 PM
The vaunted SEC is having issues today with so many FCS teams?

Bama having trouble with Georgia Southern.
South Carolina have issues with The Citadel for awhile.
Florida was actually down 22-7 to Furham after 1 quarter. But won.

But yet, OU beats Ball State convincingly, and loses 2 spots to Bama and LSU?

oudavid1
11/19/2011, 04:57 PM

Its a bottom line sport.

Cant allow sh** like this and say you deserve a shot, even with a bunch of one-loss teams, they have lost to better teams.

http://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/130247471.jpg?w=420&h=270

Blue
11/19/2011, 04:59 PM
Bottom line is the SEC has been hyped to be bigger than the rest of college football and people like you ^^^ buy it.

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 05:02 PM
Its a bottom line sport.

Cant allow sh** like this and say you deserve a shot, even with a bunch of one-loss teams, they have lost to better teams.

Which means you have no idea WTH you are talking about.

oumartin
11/19/2011, 05:06 PM

pretty stupid argument.
OU eventually lost anyhow. to TEXAS TECH

They dent lose to LSU, they dent lose to Oregon, Hell they didn't even lose to Iowa State. They lost to TECH...AT HOME

arcman46
11/19/2011, 05:15 PM
With the "GREATEST DEFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL" TM. how do you allow a team like Georgia Southern score 21 points on you.

arcman46
11/19/2011, 05:16 PM
Tech may not be a great team, but they are no slouch. Okie State found out the same thing with Iowa State.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2011, 05:28 PM
With the "GREATEST DEFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL" TM. how do you allow a team like Georgia Southern score 21 points on you.

To be fair, 7 of them were on a kickoff return. However, Ga. Southern blocked well and executed their offense well. Alabama's defense looked very ordinary.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 05:29 PM
Its a bottom line sport.

David a loss is s ****ing loss.

Of Oregon, OU, and Bama whose resume is the following?

Beat 3 top 15 teams on the road.
Has only played 1 team with a losing record (entering today).
Will likely play 10 bowl eligible teams this season
Setting up where the team plays at least 5 top 25 teams on the road.

Yeah, that is OU...not Bama, not Oregon.

Oregon has the worst SOS of the three.
Bama has the second SOS of the three.
OU has the best SOS of the three.

If OU wins today, it will mark their 4th win over a top 25 team on the road. Depending on what happens with ISU, they could be the lone top 25 team OU has played at home. Then add OSU. OSU will likely be the 4th top 10 team OU has faced on the road this year.

You may want to disallow OU because of the one loss...but there is not one other 1 loss team that has the resume that even comes close to matching OU's!

So anyone that wants to talk about how the Tech loss is the nail in the coffin...can shove it where the sun dont shine. OU has the better body of work all season long...and it keeps getting better each week!

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 05:29 PM
Bama still thinks LSU is a tremendous slouch and they are hoping to get another shot at beating them but they played them in their HOME FIELD! Nobody really wants to see Bama play LSU again on a neutral Field.

It's to bad that Tech isn't such a loser as OU would still be favored in a Rematch. Things is....they suck. Everyone but marty and a few **** stirrers understand why OU lost that game and most know they almost worked enough magic to pull off a win at the end of it.

The fact that our Team hasn't had more let downs show just how good of a Team we have IMO and that everyone in the Depth Chart continues to play like they will be Starters soon. Tonight we will dismantle Baylor. That's really all that matters as we again have suffered player losses from last Weeks Game. Is losing Broyles a tragedy or a chance for our youth and depth to step up and show just how well Bob and the Staff can recruit?

The outcome of this Game will tell us what we need to know is my guess. Till then...hopefully marty is medicating his anus to make sure he is as prepared as the Team Marty thinks we have.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 05:30 PM
pretty stupid argument.
OU eventually lost anyhow. to TEXAS TECH

They dent lose to LSU, they dent lose to Oregon, Hell they didn't even lose to Iowa State. They lost to TECH...AT HOME

As normal...you bring nothing to the thread but insults.

The fact is, like in my previous post (right before this one) OU has the better body of work.

So you can buy the **** that ESPN is selling you...I'm not!

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 05:31 PM

Not to mention 302 rushing yards.

hawaii 5-0
11/19/2011, 05:38 PM
If OU can win big today they may get some 'style point' votes.

5-0

delhalew
11/19/2011, 05:41 PM
Isn't Georgia Southern a triple option team? We all know how tricky that can be.

That said, until today, Bama had only beaten two teams over .500. Weaksauce.

Peach Fuzz
11/19/2011, 05:42 PM
I thought they took out style points from the equation?

delhalew
11/19/2011, 05:44 PM

In the computers they did. Humans can't help themselves.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 05:44 PM
Isn't Southern Miss a triple option team? We all know how tricky that can be.

That said, until today, Bama had only beaten two teams over .500. Weaksauce.

IDK...but Georgia Southern is...yes.

However, the Bama defense was suppose to be this ungodly defense that no team in any division has ever seen!

Huard was correct when talking about the SEC defenses....it is because they have crappy offenses that their defenses look good.

Take LSU for example. Against Oregon and WVU they allowed a ton of yards and quite a few points.

Their defenses are geared to stop the power running games of the SEC...when they get up against a spread option or a passing team, they are very average.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 05:45 PM

They did take out Margin of Victory.

I think they should implement a points differential though.

Total points scored vs. total points allowed.

delhalew
11/19/2011, 05:51 PM
IDK...but Georgia Southern is...yes.

However, the Bama defense was suppose to be this ungodly defense that no team in any division has ever seen!

Huard was correct when talking about the SEC defenses....it is because they have crappy offenses that their defenses look good.

Take LSU for example. Against Oregon and WVU they allowed a ton of yards and quite a few points.

Their defenses are geared to stop the power running games of the SEC...when they get up against a spread option or a passing team, they are very average.

Bastard. You caught me before I changed it.

MamaMia
11/19/2011, 05:57 PM
Tech may not be a great team, but they are no slouch. Okie State found out the same thing with Iowa State.Techs game plan was to throw to whomever that guy is guarding. Very simple but it worked.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 05:57 PM
Bastard. You caught me before I changed it.

heh!

Keller Sooner
11/19/2011, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=arcman46;3402319]With the "GREATEST DEFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL" TM. how do you allow a team like Georgia Southern score 21 points on you.[/QUOT

I don't get it either. ESPiN told me that Alabama has the greatest defense of all time. I'm totally confused on how this happened.

oudavid1
11/19/2011, 07:12 PM
Bottom line is the SEC has been hyped to be bigger than the rest of college football and people like you ^^^ buy it.

Hype eh? After five straight national championships, its not hype.

Tech may not be a great team, but they are no slouch. Okie State found out the same thing with Iowa State.

They are not horrible, but they are not "good". They are very very average at best.

David a loss is s ****ing loss.

Of Oregon, OU, and Bama whose resume is the following?

Beat 3 top 15 teams on the road.
Has only played 1 team with a losing record (entering today).
Will likely play 10 bowl eligible teams this season
Setting up where the team plays at least 5 top 25 teams on the road.

Yeah, that is OU...not Bama, not Oregon.

Oregon has the worst SOS of the three.
Bama has the second SOS of the three.
OU has the best SOS of the three.

If OU wins today, it will mark their 4th win over a top 25 team on the road. Depending on what happens with ISU, they could be the lone top 25 team OU has played at home. Then add OSU. OSU will likely be the 4th top 10 team OU has faced on the road this year.

You may want to disallow OU because of the one loss...but there is not one other 1 loss team that has the resume that even comes close to matching OU's!

So anyone that wants to talk about how the Tech loss is the nail in the coffin...can shove it where the sun dont shine. OU has the better body of work all season long...and it keeps getting better each week!

Ya know D**kwad, I see your point. I guess my point should be, if you want a guaranteed shot, you win every game. But your right, we deserve to be in the conversation. My argument is against the idea that Oklahoma should already be in automatically over Bama/Oregon. My point is that the BCS and voters should decide and whatever happens, happens. And if we get screw by voters or computers, it is because we allowed Texas Tech to take the decision out of our hands and give it to BCS/Voters.

Fair?

En_Fuego
11/19/2011, 07:15 PM
oudavid..................for coach of the year

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 07:15 PM
Dickwad....lol

http://www.prometheus6.org/files/internet_debates.gif

Peach Fuzz
11/19/2011, 07:20 PM
oudavid..................for coach of the year

fire oudavid?

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 07:22 PM
Hype eh? After five straight national championships, its not hype.

They are not horrible, but they are not "good". They are very very average at best.

Ya know D**kwad, I see your point. I guess my point should be, if you want a guaranteed shot, you win every game. But your right, we deserve to be in the conversation. My argument is against the idea that Oklahoma should already be in automatically over Bama/Oregon. My point is that the BCS and voters should decide and whatever happens, happens. And if we get screw by voters or computers, it is because we allowed Texas Tech to take the decision out of our hands and give it to BCS/Voters.

Fair?

You're the last person on this board that should be calling anyone a dickwad.

I have been on the boat if OU doesn't make it then they don't make it. But for the dip****s (like you) that think the Loss to Tech outweighs what has happened the entire year can jump off the god damn bandwagon!

oudavid1
11/20/2011, 12:40 AM
nvm, even when I agree with you, your still a petty person. I just go argue with a girl. They usually respond the same way.