PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of things remind you...

sanantoniosooner
11/19/2011, 03:41 PM
of loved ones you've lost?

I used to call my dad every time I needed to work on my truck for some advice. Can't do it anymore.

Peach Fuzz
11/19/2011, 04:41 PM
Ugh, I bet that's tough. Paw prints on my back window remind me of Burt my bird-dog.

Soonerfan88
11/19/2011, 05:38 PM
Deer hunting season reminds me of my dad.

C&CDean
11/19/2011, 05:56 PM
New Years Eve. My dad and a close friend both died on NYE. I hate that day.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/19/2011, 06:03 PM
Things remind me of my dad all the time. A month or so ago, I was getting some awards for work. As I was driving to the banquet, I was flipping through the stations on XM, trying to find a good song to keep me from being so nervous. When I hit the Elvis station, they were playing "I Did It My Way" which was the song I played during his video tribute. Took all I had not to bawl and get mascara all over myself. I considered it his way of letting me know he was proud of me.

Everyday things include the smell of lumber (Daddy was a carpenter) or sometimes I'll see a piece of paper with his chicken scratch.

When I listen to the Willie station on XM, I'm reminded of him and my Grandma a lot. They both loved all that old crooning country.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2011, 06:04 PM
I've been lucky so far in that I've only lost one person close to me in my life...my grandfather. Lots of little things remind me of him. He was both a warrior and the most gentle man I've ever known.

soonerhubs
11/19/2011, 06:14 PM
There are so many times that I quote my late grandfather, and it makes me smile and sad at the same time. I miss him.

Pricetag
11/19/2011, 06:22 PM
My grandma passed away this April. For some reason, when I see my little girl's hands, I'm reminded of my grandma's hands. I don't know if it's the short nails with polish or what, but it just hits me like a ton of bricks when I help her wash her hands.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/19/2011, 06:44 PM
hospitals

virginiasooner
11/20/2011, 10:13 PM
My grandmother made THE BEST fried chicken (doesn't everyone's?). If I need to go shopping after work, I like to go to Popeye's at the food court. It comes the closest to what my grandmother would make.

Viking Kitten
11/21/2011, 10:40 AM
There's not enough bandwidth on this site for me to list all the things that remind me of my mom. Most recently though, it's peanut brittle. Mom was the official designated candy maker for all the family holidays, and she made the best peanut brittle ever. Somebody brought some in to work on today, just the site of it makes me think of her.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/21/2011, 10:47 AM
My adopted mother was in the hospital this last week and she was roomed on the same floor my adopted dad was on when he died 9 years ago...I walked past the little chapel on the floor and it reminded me of being in there feeling like my life was over after he passed..

But the thing that gets me every year is our anniversary because he died 3 weeks before the wedding...That was one of the toughest days ever because I felt a ton of pressure not to ruin that day for my soon to be wife and a couple of hundred guests...

Hot Rod
11/21/2011, 11:34 AM
My grandpa was born on July 4th and passed away this past February. This past 4th wasn't as enjoyable without hearing his voice on the same day, as I had all these years.