PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain sinking faster than the Titanic

diverdog
11/19/2011, 08:04 AM
Polling down to 14% among likely Republican voters and falling.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/11/17/herman-cains-poll-numbers-sink/

diverdog
11/19/2011, 08:07 AM
And this is one reason why:

Herman Cain (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/herman-cain.htm#r_src=ramp) suggested Friday that the Taliban (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/taliban-afghanistan.htm#r_src=ramp) were playing a role in Libya's new government. The comment initially was seen as another foreign policy misstep from the Republican presidential candidate, but aides later pointed to a one-time Libyan rebel leader who fought in Afghanistan (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/afghanistan.htm#r_src=ramp) to back up Cain's claims.Cain has spent the week trying to calm jitters about his foreign policy after he struggled to answer whether he supported President Barack Obama's approach to Libya (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/libya.htm#r_src=ramp). He ended the week trying to blame reporters for the moment, which was captured on video and quickly spread around the Internet.
Cain's critics seized on Monday's incoherent answer as the latest evidence that the former pizza executive is unprepared to be the GOP's nominee.
"Do I agree with siding with the opposition? Do I agree with saying that (Libyan leader Moammar) Gadhafi (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/muammar-gaddafi.htm#r_src=ramp) should go? Do I agree that they now have a country where you've got Taliban and al-Qaida that's going to be part of the government?" Cain asked reporters in Orlando. "Do I agree with not knowing the government was going to -- which part was he asking me about? I was trying to get him to be specific and he wouldn't be specific."
On Monday, Cain hesitated when asked whether he agreed with Obama's decision to back Libyan rebels in overthrowing Gadhafi. The longtime Libyan dictator was killed last month.
"I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason," Cain said in the videotaped interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
"Uh, nope that's, that's a different one," said Cain, who fidgeted in his chair and crossed his legs. "See, I got to go back, see, got all this stuff twirling around in my head. Specifically what are you asking me, did I agree or not disagree with Obama?"
The video ricocheted around the Internet. Two days later, he skipped a similar meeting with reporters at the New Hampshire Union Leader, the largest paper in the state that holds the first primary contest.
Cain's campaign hoped to prevent a repeat to end the week after the candidate's comments about the Taliban and pointed to Abdel-Hakim Belhaj, a rebel leader who fled to Afghanistan after a failed uprising against Gadhafi in the 1990s. At that point, he led the now-dissolved Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.
One U.S. official familiar with the group said it was not a monolithic entity and some branches have had connections with al-Qaida in Sudan (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/sudan-darfur.htm#r_src=ramp), Afghanistan or Pakistan (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/pakistan.htm#r_src=ramp). Others, however, dropped any relationship with al-Qaida entirely. Belhaj led a faction that disavowed al-Qaida and declared its commitment to establishing a democracy in Libya, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss matters of intelligence.
The United States (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/u.s.htm#r_src=ramp) invaded Afghanistan to overthrow the al-Qaida-harboring Taliban after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The Taliban were ousted from power in Afghanistan and are now scattered in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
There is no evidence the Taliban are returning to power in Libya, a continent away.
Islamic extremists in Libya, however, could play a role in the new government. U.S. officials are concerned that the former insurgents who have renounced extremism may have ties to al-Qaida leadership.
Cain's aides, fighting the perception that Cain was wobbly on foreign policy, pointed to reports that Belhaj, now a military leader in Libya's National Transitional Council, was a Taliban ally.
In a September interview with The Associated Press, Belhaj played down his Islamist ties.
"We never have and never will support what they call terrorism," he said.
Belhaj was a civil engineering student and Gadhafi opponent when he fled Libya and went to Saudi Arabia (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/saudi-arabia.htm#r_src=ramp) in the 1980s. He later joined the U.S.-backed resistance to the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, fighting alongside militants who would go on to form al-Qaida.
Belhaj returned to Libya in the 1990s and led the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group in fierce confrontations with Gadhafi's regime. He said that after fleeing Libya in the mid-1990s, he moved from country to country until 2004, when he was picked up and taken to Thailand (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/thailand.htm#r_src=ramp), where he claims he was tortured by the CIA.
The CIA has declined to comment on the allegations.
http://www.fncstatic.com/static/all/img/print-page.gif Print (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/18/herman-cain-suggests-taliban-is-running-libya/print#) http://www.fncstatic.com/static/all/img/close-page.gif Close (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/18/herman-cain-suggests-taliban-is-running-libya/print#)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/18/herman-cain-suggests-taliban-is-running-libya/print#ixzz1e9kYuBey

diverdog
11/19/2011, 08:09 AM
And another reason:

WW_nDFKAmCo

diverdog
11/19/2011, 08:12 AM
And another one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/herman-cain-faces-sexual-harassment-allegations-from-fourth-woman/2011/11/07/gIQA8mZOxM_story.html

diverdog
11/19/2011, 08:12 AM
Face it the man is not ready to be POTUS and he is done like a road killed dog.

cleller
11/19/2011, 08:37 AM
He lived his life like a candle in the wind.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/19/2011, 12:26 PM
He was filling the vacuum created by Perry's underwhelming candidacy. Someone has to fill the anypub-but-Romney space. Looks like Newt is filling it now.

Trophy Husband
11/19/2011, 12:40 PM

You are 100% correct, he is no more qualified to be POTUS than Obama was, oh wait....

soonercruiser
11/19/2011, 01:59 PM
You are 100% correct, he is no more qualified to be POTUS than Obama was, oh wait....

Come on TH. You know that the Left will not allow comparisons to the Boy Who Would Be President!
There's a different standard held for the Right!

diverdog
11/19/2011, 02:35 PM

Obama understands politics. Cain, god bless him, is completely lost. Business leaders rarely translate well into politics. That does not mean he is not very capable of doing some great things. The man is a born salesman. Maybe we should send him out to bring in some more foreign capital.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/19/2011, 03:29 PM
Come on TH. You know that the Left will not allow comparisons to the Boy Who Would Be President!
There's a different standard held for the Right!

¿Que? You're not allowed?

You and Trollphy Husband have innumerable Obama threads going. On a pub thread, are you incapable of discussing the attributes of the pub candidates? Do any of them have any qualities that have value independent of Obama?

hawaii 5-0
11/19/2011, 04:04 PM
I'm waiting for one of the more Conservative posters to extoll the virtues of a Repub candidate.

No love for anyone? It doesn't bode well.

5-0

yermom
11/19/2011, 04:20 PM
Now that Newt is back in the mix, he seems to have the least number of strikes against him

C&CDean
11/19/2011, 06:05 PM
Cain is infinitely more qualified than Obama was. Doesn't matter though, cause he ain't gonna win. Newt is kinda interesting to me though...

diverdog
11/19/2011, 09:00 PM
Cain is infinitely more qualified than Obama was. Doesn't matter though, cause he ain't gonna win. Newt is kinda interesting to me though...

Newt is smart and I think he will be the pick of the Republican Party.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/28/2011, 09:39 PM
OK, I was giving Herman Cain the benefit of the doubt but it's hard not to suspect this guy is a pưssymonger rivaling Bill Clinton.

I think Saturday Night Live needs to do a take-off of Two-and-a-Half Men, with Bill and Herman living together in Malibu contemplating babes. Bill could play Charlie and Herman could play Black Charlie.

soonercruiser
11/28/2011, 10:17 PM
¿Que? You're not allowed?

You and Trollphy Husband have innumerable Obama threads going. On a pub thread, are you incapable of discussing the attributes of the pub candidates? Do any of them have any qualities that have value independent of Obama?

SanJoaquin,
What is your problem?
You need to stop attacking the messengers, and argue the points being made.

Your attacks also include LIES! I would ask you to go back and look at the last 4 threads that I have posted on the Political Forum. Of the last 4 posts - 3 are not specifically about Obama!
Duh!
Please stick with the facts at hand, and stop the personal attacks!

soonercruiser
11/28/2011, 10:25 PM
I'm waiting for one of the more Conservative posters to extoll the virtues of a Repub candidate.

No love for anyone? It doesn't bode well.

5-0

I would present an opinion.
But, I will keep it to myself, as I know that would be the starting signal for attack posts from the Left!

Another Cain woman came forward.
A 12+ year affair???
Either he is as complete a narcissist as Bill Clinton; or this just shows how evil and vile the Left will attack any Repubican candidate (except Romney); no matter how big the lie. They will feel justified.
I know why the left likes Romney!
:fatigue:

BU BEAR
11/29/2011, 02:22 PM
Obama understands politics.

Don't forget--Obama pronounces it as Pok-EE-ston. That is a stout foreign policy bona fide. After his Presidency is up, we should crown him as Secretary of State for Life.

JohnnyMack
11/29/2011, 03:03 PM
Apparently "with Herman Cain" is the answer to the question of, "Where all the white women at?"

C&CDean
11/29/2011, 03:08 PM
That's blatant and overt racisexism John.

KantoSooner
11/29/2011, 05:49 PM
I never worked even remotely around Cain, but his constant references to 'listening to the experts' leads me to suspect that he was a consultant's dream: No ideas of his own and eager to create an audit trail so that he could take credit for having the foresight to seek advice if all went well....and the necessary cover to divert blame if it all went to hell.

Unfortunately, that's what passes for corporate leadership in our country today. Thank the Gods that we won't have to worry about him occupying a position of authority any time soon.

BU BEAR
11/29/2011, 05:58 PM
I never worked even remotely around Cain, but his constant references to 'listening to the experts' leads me to suspect that he was a consultant's dream: No ideas of his own and eager to create an audit trail so that he could take credit for having the foresight to seek advice if all went well....and the necessary cover to divert blame if it all went to hell.

Unfortunately, that's what passes for corporate leadership in our country today. Thank the Gods that we won't have to worry about him occupying a position of authority any time soon.

To me, his constant plea to "listen to the experts" was an indication that he did not know much about the issues and was not curious enough about the issues to get informed. Disappointing.

soonercoop1
11/29/2011, 06:09 PM

You like liberal character assassination? Can say one thing for certain though, if Romney is the nominee Obama is re-elected...

diverdog
11/29/2011, 06:13 PM
You like liberal character assassination? Can say one thing for certain though, if Romney is the nominee Obama is re-elected...

Coop this has nothing to do with liberals. The man imploded and on top of that he has lots of baggage. Cain only has himself to blame. Did you read the news today?

East Coast Bias
11/29/2011, 07:29 PM
What,no more talk of a liberal media conspiracy? I wonder if Newt will catch any collateral damage on this one? And we all had such high hopes for Herman........

BU BEAR
11/29/2011, 07:37 PM
What,no more talk of a liberal media conspiracy? I wonder if Newt will catch any collateral damage on this one? And we all had such high hopes for Herman........

Actually, I thought the first one came from Rick Perry's campaign.

soonercoop1
11/29/2011, 07:54 PM
Coop this has nothing to do with liberals. The man imploded and on top of that he has lots of baggage. Cain only has himself to blame. Did you read the news today?

So I'm guessing you believe all these lies? Where is the proof? Its all talk started by Allred. Funny we saw none of this with Obama...we still can't even see his grades. Seriously he was a threat so liberals make fun of him and assassinate his character. Hope you like Obama.

JohnnyMack
11/29/2011, 08:34 PM
So I'm guessing you believe all these lies? Where is the proof? Its all talk started by Allred. Funny we saw none of this with Obama...we still can't even see his grades. Seriously he was a threat so liberals make fun of him and assassinate his character. Hope you like Obama.

If he was truly innocent of all this, he wouldn't be "reassessing" his campaign. Sorry, but he wouldn't.

East Coast Bias
11/29/2011, 08:55 PM
His denials are getting harder to swallow when the women show up on television. This whole thing smacks of Weiner. He should slip out the back door before anyone else comes forward. He had his moment, should be able to sell some books.Go ahead and blame the liberals, we were totally on-board with this guy. I would put him on the ticket right now.....

diverdog
11/29/2011, 11:29 PM

Coop:

A woman with whom he has had ongoing affair came out today. She said it has been going on for 13 years. With this revelation Cain then said he was reassessing his campaign. I think he is done because now he is starting to look like a liar and a cad. On top of that he is clueless on foreign policy and has been exposed. My guess is the fight is now between Newt and Mitt. I will take Newt.

47straight
11/30/2011, 12:28 AM
Presidential candidate is accused of long-term affair. Media trashes accuser. Candidate gets support of media and wins.

Presidential candidate is accused of long-term affair. Media trashes candidate.

So we'll have to see if Cain ends up like Clinton or not. Despite the pathetic hypocrisy from the media.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2011, 12:32 AM
I would present an opinion.
But, I will keep it to myself, as I know that would be the starting signal for attack posts from the Left!

Another Cain woman came forward.
A 12+ year affair???
Either he is as complete a narcissist as Bill Clinton; or this just shows how evil and vile the Left will attack any Repubican candidate (except Romney); no matter how big the lie. They will feel justified.
I know why the left likes Romney!
:fatigue:They have SELECTED Romney, since they couldn't get Daniels or Huntsman any traction. If/when Romney gets the nomination, the attack machine will be turned ON!

hawaii 5-0
11/30/2011, 01:00 AM
It would be easier if Cain had admitted the truth from the beginning. He's a real horndog, right up there with Clinton. The guy would go after a rolling donut.

It's the continued lying, even to Conservative talking head interviewers that cooked his goose.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/30/2011, 01:04 AM
It would be easier if Cain had admitted the truth from the beginning. He's a real horndog, right up there with Clinton. The guy would go after a rolling donut.

It's the continued lying, even to Conservative talking head interviewers that cooked his goose.

5-0

soonercoop1
11/30/2011, 06:05 PM

5-0

Proof other than unsubstantiated allegations?

11/30/2011, 08:09 PM

5-0Nobody knows if he did what he's accused of, and yet you call him a liar. It doesn't take much to ruin the political viability of a conservative, and 0 repercussions for those who do the accusing.

bigfatjerk
11/30/2011, 08:38 PM
I honestly don't really care what he does in his personal life. It's his policies that pretty much sunk his ship IMO.

hawaii 5-0
11/30/2011, 09:45 PM
Nobody knows if he did what he's accused of, and yet you call him a liar. It doesn't take much to ruin the political viability of a conservative, and 0 repercussions for those who do the accusing.

First he didn't do anything at all. Then he admitted he spoke to a woman can commented on how tall she was.

Now a woman has come forth and admitted she's had a 9 year affair with the liar.

Get real.

BTW, Newt still maintaining he had affairs because he loved his Country so very much?

Everyone denies the truth till they're faced with it. Clinton, Weiner, Rush, New, Cain (old testament one).....the list of denial is long.

5-0

12/1/2011, 12:39 AM
First he didn't do anything at all. Then he admitted he spoke to a woman can commented on how tall she was.

Now a woman has come forth and admitted she's had a 9 year affair with the liar.

Get real.

BTW, Newt still maintaining he had affairs because he loved his Country so very much?

Everyone denies the truth till they're faced with it. Clinton, Weiner, Rush, New, Cain (old testament one).....the list of denial is long.

5-0Prayers, stinky!

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2011, 12:43 AM
Weiner...is long.

5-0

Do what again?

hawaii 5-0
12/1/2011, 01:26 AM
Do what again?

LOL !!!!

My mistake tho.

I first thought it was a nine year affair, but Cain had a 13 year affair with a certain 'friend', even leaving his wife behind while he took his 'friend' to the Tyson/Holyfield fight in Vegas. "What happens in Vegas"........

61 phone calls? Are you kidding me??????

"But if you're calling at four in the morning it only means one thing.....baby..........

B....B......Booty Call.........B......B.....Booty Call."

5-0

hawaii 5-0
12/1/2011, 01:32 AM
What's sad is that I originally liked the guy. It's in one of my earlier posts last Summer.

Cain was a fresh face, a Washington Outsider and a businessman. Things I'd like to see in the White House to help set things straight.

Guess it wasn't to be with Cain.

The more I learned from him the more I became disallusioned. He didn't know China had Nukes. He didn't know US policy towards Libya are just two prime examples.

Sorry, Cain. You're toast.

5-0

12/1/2011, 02:06 AM
What's sad is that I originally liked the guy. It's in one of my earlier posts last Summer.

Cain was a fresh face, a Washington Outsider and a businessman. Things I'd like to see in the White House to help set things straight.

5-0very believable. haha

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2011, 02:11 AM
Why wouldn't it be?

Can a candidate not be looked at for their ideas and possibilities instead of the letter next to their last name? Or regardless of the party on your voter registration card?

hawaii 5-0
12/1/2011, 10:36 AM
Why wouldn't it be?

Can a candidate not be looked at for their ideas and possibilities instead of the letter next to their last name? Or regardless of the party on your voter registration card?

It's 'cause Rush still wants to believe I toe the Party Line. I've voted for Republicans lots of times.

5-0

AlboSooner
12/1/2011, 10:45 AM
If cheating on your spouse disqualified you from office, then why is Newt Gringich still running?

As bad as the sex scandals make Cain look, what makes him look worse is his preparation and intelligence to be POTUS.

Thing is, Mitt Romney would have a real chance at Obama, if GOP got behind him. But GOP is still stuck in "anybody but Romney" mode.

okie52
12/1/2011, 11:02 AM
If cheating on your spouse disqualified you from office, then why is Newt Gringich still running?

As bad as the sex scandals make Cain look, what makes him look worse is his preparation and intelligence to be POTUS.

Thing is, Mitt Romney would have a real chance at Obama, if GOP got behind him. But GOP is still stuck in "anybody but Romney" mode.

Romney hasn't been any more of a flip flopper than Newt and I don't get the anybody but Romney attitude....probably the healthcare issue and/or the Mormon issue.

diverdog
12/1/2011, 11:55 AM
Romney hasn't been any more of a flip flopper than Newt and I don't get the anybody but Romney attitude....probably the healthcare issue and/or the Mormon issue.

Totally agree

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2011, 05:45 PM
Ok I may give Michelle Bachmann a pass on this one. Here's her quote:

"That's exactly what I would do [if I were president]," Bachmann said. "We wouldn't have an embassy in Iran. I wouldn't allow that to be there."

Some people are interpreting this to mean she doesn't know we don't have an embassy in Iran - not since 1980. It may simply mean she didn't articulate her thought with clarity....that she was speaking hypothetically, given the situation with Great Britain's embassy in Iran.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2011, 08:51 PM
eventually I'll need to make a decision which candidate will receive my vote in the California Presidential primary.

I need to partition the set of candidates on key issues. Which ones are sympathetic to this gentlemen's argument? Which ones are limited gov't conservatives in the spirit of Barry Goldwater?

yMLZO-sObzQ

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2011, 10:50 PM
Herman should have learned from Tiger that mobile phone calls at 4:30 a.m. to women other than your wife look incriminating.

It's surreal that Herman is talking to a reporter on the national news about how he hasn't explained to his wife about this woman yet but he has a plan to do so.

47straight
12/2/2011, 01:02 AM
I wondered when someone was going to post the strawman left-of-center circle jerk video of the day.

Dale Ellis
12/2/2011, 11:03 AM

The more I learned from him the more I became disallusioned. He didn't know China had Nukes. He didn't know US policy towards Libya are just two prime examples.

5-0

Did the guy actually think he could have a 13 year affair, then run for potus and no one would find out? I would like some of the Clintonites on this board who were spewing all this "it's is personal private life" and "with all the problems in the world, do we really want to talk about someones sex life" garbage, to come to Cains defense.

hawaii 5-0
12/2/2011, 11:29 AM
Did the guy actually think he could have a 13 year affair, then run for potus and no one would find out? I would like some of the Clintonites on this board who were spewing all this "it's is personal private life" and "with all the problems in the world, do we really want to talk about someones sex life" garbage, to come to Cains defense.

I'm not sure why you addressed your ressponse to me. Nothing in my post talks about defending Clinton's private life.

What bothers me about Cain (and Clinton) was the continued lying. At every turn.

That and Cain's lack of knowledge of world events. Maybe in high school he was in the back row bird-dogging the girls instead of paying attention.

5-0

soonerloyal
12/2/2011, 11:40 AM
Don't forget--Obama pronounces it as Pok-EE-ston. That is a stout foreign policy bona fide. After his Presidency is up, we should crown him as Secretary of State for Life.

No, Obama pronounces it PAH-kee-stahn. Which is exactly the way people from there pronounce it. It's correct. And BTW, Iran is pronounced EE-rhan. Iraq is pronounced EE-rhak.

Dale Ellis
12/2/2011, 11:44 AM
No, Obama pronounces it PAH-kee-stahn. Which is exactly the way people from there pronounce it. It's correct. And BTW, Iran is pronounced EE-rhan. Iraq is pronounced EE-rhak.

I'm so glad Obama takes great pride in pronouncing it PAH-kee-stahn, yet he calls US soliders COPRSE-men,

NormanPride
12/2/2011, 12:06 PM
And Arkansas is pronounced HILL-bill-ee-vill.

diverdog
12/2/2011, 01:38 PM
Cain is at 9% in the latest Iowa straw poll. His numbers are still falling and he is now political road kill. What is really bad is that voters in these polls are hard right conservatives...in other words Cain supporters.

soonercoop1
12/2/2011, 06:24 PM

5-0

Right you guys are scared to death of Cain...

soonercoop1
12/2/2011, 06:27 PM
If he was truly innocent of all this, he wouldn't be "reassessing" his campaign. Sorry, but he wouldn't.

Right as he dropped from 30% to 15% because of the lies from these paid hit women...who wouldn't reassess...

soonercoop1
12/2/2011, 06:29 PM

Governor of liberal Mass maybe...

cleller
12/2/2011, 06:50 PM
The Other Woman was on the news tonight and delivered this priceless line to end the interview:
"It is what it is; and that's what it was."

What a place and time we live in.

hawaii 5-0
12/2/2011, 10:30 PM
Right you guys are scared to death of Cain...

Of course you mean by 'us guys' you refer to all the Democrats, all the Independents and now 92% of the Republicans are scared of a lying poser who is just running for office to sell books.

Yep, we're scared all right.

Bring on the next lying womanizer in the Primary.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
12/2/2011, 10:55 PM
I hope he hangs in there. The debates just won't be the same without him.

diverdog
12/2/2011, 10:55 PM
Of course you mean by 'us guys' you refer to all the Democrats, all the Independents and now 92% of the Republicans are scared of a lying poser who is just running for office to sell books.

Yep, we're scared all right.

Bring on the next lying womanizer in the Primary.

5-0

The Republican primary is now a circus. Donald Trump is moderating the next debate. After he does the dabate he is going to endorse a candidate.

The Dems have Joe Biden and the Repugs have Newt. He maybe the most pompus man to run for POTUS ever. I use to think it was Joe but now I am pretty sure it is Newt.

Cain will be out of the race by this weekend.

hawaii 5-0
12/3/2011, 01:28 AM
The Republican primary is now a circus. Donald Trump is moderating the next debate. After he does the dabate he is going to endorse a candidate.

The Dems have Joe Biden and the Repugs have Newt. He maybe the most pompus man to run for POTUS ever. I use to think it was Joe but now I am pretty sure it is Newt.

Cain will be out of the race by this weekend.

I wouldn't be shocked if Trump declared all the candidates a bunch of idiots and redeclared himself as a 3rd Party Savior. It really has been turned into a political circus.

I can't believe there's not at least one Repub that's viable with no baggage.

5-0

diverdog
12/3/2011, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if Trump declared all the candidates a bunch of idiots and redeclared himself as a 3rd Party Savior. It really has been turned into a political circus.

I can't believe there's not at least one Repub that's viable with no baggage.

5-0

That is not the problem. The problem is the looney nut bags on the extreme right have control of the party and peimary process. I think Huntsman would be a good candidate but far right will never support him. Huntsman would appeal to independents like myself.

okie52
12/3/2011, 08:18 AM
That is not the problem. The problem is the looney nut bags on the extreme right have control of the party and peimary process. I think Huntsman would be a good candidate but far right will never support him. Huntsman would appeal to independents like myself.

You don't have to be far right to dislike huntsman. His immigration and energy views are disturbing to say the least.

cleller
12/3/2011, 09:42 AM
If Huntsman is a Mormon, I'll support him. Their children always have such beautiful, straight teeth.

soonercoop1
12/3/2011, 10:51 AM

Huntsman is a moron only a liberal progressive would like...

AlboSooner
12/3/2011, 10:57 AM
Look, the smart candidates realized they were playing for second place and opted out of this race to conserve themselves for the real battle in 2016.

Palin will win the GOP primary, and lose the general election.

soonercoop1
12/3/2011, 10:59 AM

What is your definition of far right? Is it the very religious? Is it those that would like a very small, uncorrupt, solvent federal government? Those that are strict-contructionists? Those that favor state rights over federal mandates? Those that believe the Fed is unconstitutional? Those that want to remove the income tax code for a fair flat tax to stop crony capitalism? Make congress abide by our laws not theirs? Those believe our borders should be secure and the Patriot Act is unconstitutional?

cleller
12/3/2011, 11:12 AM
A few grins in this Herman Cain skit. At least you'll know how close is "too close" to get to customers.
Definitely NSFW. That means more people will watch.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b0cfcd3af8/herman-cain-s-1986-sexual-harassment-training?rel=featured

SanJoaquinSooner
12/3/2011, 12:23 PM
Huntsman is a moron only a liberal progressive would like...

I think liberal progressives are most likely to support Obama. Are you sure you are not confusing "liberal progressive" with "libertarian"? Huntsman is attractive to libertarian conservatives. But, yeah, he might be a turn-off to Pat Buchanan cultural conservatives.

Consider what George Will wrote recently:

[Huntsman's] program is the most conservative. He endorses Paul Ryan’s budget and entitlement reforms. (Gingrich denounced Ryan’s Medicare reform as “right-wing social engineering.”) Huntsman would privatize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (Gingrich’s benefactor). Huntsman would end double taxation on investment by eliminating taxes on capital gains and dividends. (Romney would eliminate them only for people earning less than $200,000, who currently pay just 9.3 percent of them.) Huntsman’s thorough opposition to corporate welfare includes farm subsidies. (Romney has justified them as national security measures — food security, somehow threatened. Gingrich says opponents of ethanol subsidies are “big-city” people hostile to farmers.) Huntsman considers No Child Left Behind, the semi-nationalization of primary and secondary education, “an unmitigated disaster.” (Romney and Gingrich support it. Gingrich has endorsed a national curriculum.)

Concerning his environmental positions, it reminds me of what William F. Buckley said about Jessie Helms support of gov't subsidies for tobacco, "It is a totally indefensible position, however, the truth is he never could have been elected without supporting subsidies. That is political reality."

In the Western states, if you appear to be pro-pollution, your name might as well be Jerry Sandusky.

okie52
12/3/2011, 03:15 PM
U
I think liberal progressives are most likely to support Obama. Are you sure you are not confusing "liberal progressive" with "libertarian"? Huntsman is attractive to libertarian conservatives. But, yeah, he might be a turn-off to Pat Buchanan cultural conservatives.

Consider what George Will wrote recently:

Concerning his environmental positions, it reminds me of what William F. Buckley said about Jessie Helms support of gov't subsidies for tobacco, "It is a totally indefensible position, however, the truth is he never could have been elected without supporting subsidies. That is political reality."

In the Western states, if you appear to be pro-pollution, your name might as well be Jerry Sandusky.

You can be anti pollution and not support idiotic policies like cap and trade that would be an economic disaster.

Huntsman is pretty sharp and I like some of his positions but immigration and energy will be his undoing.

pphilfran
12/3/2011, 04:07 PM
He sunk

diverdog
12/3/2011, 04:39 PM
He sunk

LOL

And that is the least of his worries. I bet he will have divorce papers inside of six months and maybe more than one lawsuit to defend.

Who do you think is next? I am betting either Santorium or Bachmann.

SoonerLaw09
12/3/2011, 07:03 PM
Well, Herm's out. The high tech lynching of the uppity black man is complete. You'll now see all the bimbos which have erupted fade into obscurity, never to be heard from again. And all a little bit richer from the Dem war chest.

And no, Obama's not an uppity black man. He's a fat and happy plantation resident.

soonercoop1
12/3/2011, 07:44 PM
LOL

And that is the least of his worries. I bet he will have divorce papers inside of six months and maybe more than one lawsuit to defend.

Who do you think is next? I am betting either Santorium or Bachmann.

I'm betting we find out that all these women were paid and they fade away now that he's gone. This country is now worse off because of it. Happy?

soonercruiser
12/3/2011, 09:44 PM

Don't you just love it when the moderates or "opposition" try to tell you what candidate they would like to see???
:cat:

soonercruiser
12/3/2011, 09:49 PM
I hate to pile on, especially when the charges are he said - she said. But, I do like cartoons. Although this is from a couple of days ago, it sums up todays' activities.

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Political/Cain%209%20Iron%20Plan.jpg

hawaii 5-0
12/3/2011, 09:58 PM
I couldn't help but notice Cain was wearing sunglasses at the announcement today. Probably to cover up the beating he took from his wife.

I also noticed he ditched his pimp hat.

5-0

soonercruiser
12/3/2011, 10:29 PM
Musta been a new pair!
:very_drunk:

diverdog
12/3/2011, 11:42 PM
Well, Herm's out. The high tech lynching of the uppity black man is complete. You'll now see all the bimbos which have erupted fade into obscurity, never to be heard from again. And all a little bit richer from the Dem war chest.

And no, Obama's not an uppity black man. He's a fat and happy plantation resident.

Law,

He was done in by the Perry campaign.

diverdog
12/3/2011, 11:44 PM
I'm betting we find out that all these women were paid and they fade away now that he's gone. This country is now worse off because of it. Happy?

Do you honestly think he stood a chance after all the misteps he made in the debates?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/4/2011, 01:16 AM
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Sarah+Palin+Alaskan+Gov+Sarah+Palin+Addresses+pywZ-x0qJ95l.jpg

I'm gonna miss Herman. I've missed Sarah Palin as well. And I'm afraid I'll miss Ms. Bachmann after Iowa.

soonercoop1
12/4/2011, 09:40 AM
Do you honestly think he stood a chance after all the misteps he made in the debates?

Yes he obviously would have been the noninee without the lies that came out....we need someone who is serious and without government experience...now we are stuck with the same DC establishment insiders that will do nothing...

diverdog
12/4/2011, 09:58 AM
Yes he obviously would have been the noninee without the lies that came out....we need someone who is serious and without government experience...now we are stuck with the same DC establishment insiders that will do nothing...

Coop:

Cain was a flash in the pan and his ideas did not hold up to scrutiny. I also tnink he has a huge ego (not unlike most politicians) and he did not think things through. I have no ill feelings about him and I wish the best for him.

Do you think the woman who is claiming the 13 year affair is lying?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/4/2011, 12:18 PM

I understand conservatives' attraction to Cain, as he has many good qualities and takes solid conservative positions on most issues. But it's delusional to think he had a serious chance of grabbing the nomination - even if all the womens stuff had never surfaced.

Did you see the ad with his campaign manager blowing cigarette smoke? Beyond bizarre.

Did you see his Libya response? Scarry bizarre. and 9-9-9 doesn't cover a void in foreign policy knowledge.

Announcing on-camera to a national TV reporter that you've made an appointment with your wife to tell her about a 13-year female friendship? Surreal.

It's been noted that he suspended, rather than ended, his campaign - presumably so he can collect fed matching funds. Will he return donations to his campaign that were given under the presumption that he was pursuing Iowa caucus delegates? Or maybe he will just give the money to shopworn-but-still-attractive, slightly desperate women in their 30's and 40's who are having trouble making their rent and car payments.

okie52
12/4/2011, 12:26 PM
Or maybe he will just give the money to shopworn-but-still-attractive, slightly desperate women in their 30's and 40's who are having trouble making their rent and car payments.

It's the humane thing to do.

soonercoop1
12/4/2011, 12:40 PM
Coop:

Cain was a flash in the pan and his ideas did not hold up to scrutiny. I also tnink he has a huge ego (not unlike most politicians) and he did not think things through. I have no ill feelings about him and I wish the best for him.

Yes I know she is lying...

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 01:46 PM
Yes I know she is lying...

And just how do you know that?

SanJoaquinSooner's analysis nailed it pretty well. Cain never really had a chance for the nomination. He was a fresh face but a loose cannon whose dlck kept getting in his way.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
12/4/2011, 04:39 PM
whose dlck kept getting in his way.

5-0And just how do you know that?

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2011, 07:45 PM
And just how do you know that?

Never said I did. It's my opinion.

You're a pretty lousy Stalker ya know? I give you a D+ for originality.

5-0

soonerloyal
12/4/2011, 10:48 PM
I'm so glad Obama takes great pride in pronouncing it PAH-kee-stahn, yet he calls US soliders COPRSE-men,

Dear, please use spell-check. The post loses all ability to impress looking like that.

Yep, he surely did mispronounce Corpsman. I yelled a four-letter word and a correction at the TV when I heard him do it. And my sons aren't soldiers, they're Marines.

The point of my earlier post is that if you're gonna nitpick about how someone pronounces a word, it's smarter to not nitpick him for pronouncing it correctly.

SoonerLaw09
12/5/2011, 10:29 AM
Coop:

I'll answer that one for coop....

The woman is a known liar. She was sued for libel by her ex-business-partner and didn't even show up in court to defend herself. She's filed bankruptcy at least once, and is in financial trouble. Cain was helping her out but I'll lay you $$$ to donuts that he cut off the funding when he announced for Prez, and she got mad and made up the affair. I don't think it was the Perry campaign, if I had to hypothesize I'd say the CBC did it, possibly in conjunction with the NAACP. But if it was Perry's campaign, then karma's a beyotch, because Perry has had it too.

The other bimbos with the harassment claims have no evidence. The fact that their complaints were settled means absolutely zilch. At least 2 of them are serial grievance filers. Clarence Thomas was able to weather his lynching because he didn't have to run for office, he just had to obtain the votes of 51 senators. Cain was a different story. Once again, the country is worse off due to trash "journalism".

diverdog
12/5/2011, 01:34 PM
I'll answer that one for coop....

The woman is a known liar. She was sued for libel by her ex-business-partner and didn't even show up in court to defend herself. She's filed bankruptcy at least once, and is in financial trouble. Cain was helping her out but I'll lay you $$$ to donuts that he cut off the funding when he announced for Prez, and she got mad and made up the affair. I don't think it was the Perry campaign, if I had to hypothesize I'd say the CBC did it, possibly in conjunction with the NAACP. But if it was Perry's campaign, then karma's a beyotch, because Perry has had it too.

The other bimbos with the harassment claims have no evidence. The fact that their complaints were settled means absolutely zilch. At least 2 of them are serial grievance filers. Clarence Thomas was able to weather his lynching because he didn't have to run for office, he just had to obtain the votes of 51 senators. Cain was a different story. Once again, the country is worse off due to trash "journalism".

So you are going to over look the fact that he hid this relationship for thirteen years or the trips he took with her? There is to much to say that all these women are lying.

BTW the Republicans are not above lynching a black man politically. Do you remember what they did to Harold Ford of tennesse?

East Coast Bias
12/5/2011, 09:04 PM
Don't you just love it when the moderates or "opposition" try to tell you what candidate they would like to see???
:cat:

I haven't heard any of the cons on here talk up their candidate yet, other than Sic-em and he gets my respect for that. When are you guys going to get behind Romney or Newt? Are we still hoping something better comes along? I know you like hearing this; My choice would be Herman, now goes over to bat**** Bachman.. I would give Trump serious consideration if he gets back in.

okie52
12/5/2011, 09:22 PM
So you are going to over look the fact that he hid this relationship for thirteen years or the trips he took with her? There is to much to say that all these women are lying.

BTW the Republicans are not above lynching a black man politically. Do you remember what they did to Harold Ford of tennesse?

Really? That was one of the most overblown campaign issues I have ever seen. Call me?

okie52
12/5/2011, 09:26 PM
I haven't heard any of the cons on here talk up their candidate yet, other than Sic-em and he gets my respect for that. When are you guys going to get behind Romney or Newt? Are we still hoping something better comes along? I know you like hearing this; My choice would be Herman, now goes over to bat**** Bachman.. I would give Trump serious consideration if he gets back in.

What made Trump so viable? I don't have a problem voting for Mitt... I would have more of a problem with newt but I would still vote for him over Obama.

Are there strong supporters of Obama...anywhere?

soonercruiser
12/5/2011, 11:14 PM

I guess you always liked the Circus!
Trump is a Clown!