PDA

View Full Version : Had OSU beat Iowa St they could've claimed first conference championship in 35 years

dennis580
11/19/2011, 01:39 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/official-game-thread-oklahoma-state-vs-iowa-state.132729/page-37

Conference rules state that a tie in records = co-champions.

We're technically one half away from securing our first share of a conference championship in 35 years.

Really has to be a devestating blow for OSU fans. Knowing that they was only one half away from being co-champs.

Even if they lost to OU they still could have celebrated as co-champs. After 35 years I am sure most OSU fans would take any kind of championship.

Eielson
11/19/2011, 01:41 AM
They CLAIMED part of a conference championship last year.

dennis580
11/19/2011, 01:46 AM
They CLAIMED part of a conference championship last year.

Actually they claimed part of a division not the conference. They were Big 12 South Co-Divison Champs,

Anyway I hate Co-Conference Champs. That is one of the reasons we need to go back to 12 teams, and have a conference championship game. I want one clear cut conference champion, and you have to have a conference championship to ensure that.

winout
11/19/2011, 07:39 AM
Choke Pokes know how to go out in style! On the road in Ames vs at TBP Stadium (I'd call it Owen Field North but Owen Field gets sold out when we play there).

MyT Oklahoma
11/19/2011, 07:43 AM
But in 1976 it was a Tri-Championship. The Pokes, Colorado and us.

Life is tough and those poor Aggies cannot do anything right.

Jacie
11/19/2011, 02:50 PM
Let's do the math and see how it comes up for aggie.

1976 Big 8 Conference tri-champions = 1/3

2010 Big XII South co-champions = 1/4

Multiplying both by one to convert to a common denominator gives us:

(4/4 x 1/3) + (3/3 x 1/4) = z/12

4/12 + 3/12 = 7/12

So far then, they have a won a little more than half a conference championship in their vaunted football history. Since they can do no worse than finish in a tie for first this year, another co-championship (i.e. 1/2 or 6/12) will put them over the top and they can finally claim to have won a conference championship.

Agree or not?

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 03:07 PM
TBP Stadium (I'd call it Owen Field North ).

No way you can be allowed to put the Owen name on Rustoleum. Just because Boone Pickens gave them enough Money to cover up the old POS they play in doesn't mean you can even try and do something like you are doing. After last night's Choke....nothing has changed in Stoolwater. They still Suck and they still are waiting for the Day they can own the Big XII.

They are the only ones that think it will happen.

Come on...Owen Field North? It's still just an old pig farm.

rekamrettuB
11/19/2011, 03:07 PM
Let's do the math and see how it comes up for aggie.

1976 Big 8 Conference tri-champions = 1/3

2010 Big XII South co-champions = 1/4

Actually they were Big XII South tri-champions as well with OU and a&M. I think they won a couple Mizzu Valley conference champs but I can't recall nor care to look up.

JiminyChristmas
11/19/2011, 03:09 PM
Not. We win out and there is no tie.