PDA

View Full Version : This is why I love college football

Sooner Cal
11/19/2011, 12:39 AM
OSU goes down in flames after BSU and Stanford crash as ell. OU went down earlier so we rise on their loses. lSU could go down this weekend as could Oregon. These are young men dealing with pressure. Anything can happen. We thought we were put of it in 1975. Many thought we were done after TT. Not really, this is college football where anything can happen.

Gosh, I love college football.

Boomer.....
11/19/2011, 12:45 AM
It's always a wild ride. No matter how clear cut the outcome seems, it almost always changes.

picasso
11/19/2011, 08:19 AM
Very difficult to go undefeated. You would think the poke fans would know that by heart but they sure had gotten cocky.

VA Sooner
11/19/2011, 08:40 AM
Definitely shakes things up a bit.

Hoping for more upsets this weekend... if not for anything but to make the BCS confusing as hell.

picasso
11/19/2011, 08:41 AM
Gundy was quoted as saying the Friday game was good scheduling but I immediately thought it was a bad idea. Your last game going into bedlam. Too much deviation. Now they have two weeks to be in a funk before they play OU. Not a good situation for the pokers.

Flagstaffsooner
11/19/2011, 01:43 PM
This is why I dont want a playoff.

Breadburner
11/19/2011, 01:44 PM
Gundy didnt even give ISU any credit for the win in the interview I saw.....

cvsooner
11/19/2011, 01:45 PM
OSU goes down in flames after BSU and Stanford crash as ell. I'm assuming you didn't mean anything by this choice of words, but in the context of what happened Thursday night, this is a poor choice of words, imo. Perhaps an edit is in order?

FaninAma
11/19/2011, 01:50 PM
This is why I dont want a playoff.

Me, neither. I hate to see the champion of athletic competition determined by results on the field of play. I would much rather have voters and computers determing the most worthy opponent from among a half dozen or more teams with the same record.

It just gives me goosebumps of anticipation as I await the BCS rankings every week.

Yeah Booooooooooy!

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2011, 02:23 PM
You all are working yourself up into all sorts of fits of consternation over your one loss and getting to the MNC.

Guys, let me alleviate your mental anguish: It isn't going to matter because you're going to be a two-loss team after tonight.

YWIA!