PDA

View Full Version : Well how about that

mdklatt
11/19/2011, 12:37 AM
You know how every year there is much gleeful wailing and gnashing of teeth about the collapse of the BCS because there are going to be three or more undefeated teams at the end of the season? Yeah.

8timechamps
11/19/2011, 12:40 AM
Two or three teams are going to be pissed. And that's assuming LSU can go undefeated. We need some kind of chaos to ensue if we ever hope to have a playoff. I'm still betting that the upsets aren't over. And if they are, throw Houton and LSU in the title game...I'd watch it.

mdklatt
11/19/2011, 12:48 AM
Two or three teams are going to be pissed.

As soon as you lose you give up the right to bitch about where you end up. The entire season is a playoff.

silverwheels
11/19/2011, 12:54 AM
The entire season is a playoff.

Not really.

mdklatt
11/19/2011, 12:56 AM
Not really.

No, not really, but win out or shut up still applies.

FaninAma
11/19/2011, 12:57 AM
As soon as you lose you give up the right to bitch about where you end up. The entire season is a playoff.

Really? So the top 2 teams being promoted for a rematch didn't already have their shot at LSU?

Is that your idea of a playoff? A team that beats another team during the playoffs has to face them again during the playoffs?

The only interesting thing about the BCS is watching the supporters of this crappy system every year engage in ever more creative spin to justify it.

OUInformant
11/19/2011, 12:58 AM

Except if you're Alabama/Oregon. Their games with LSU were just scrimmages so they didn't really count.

FaninAma
11/19/2011, 01:04 AM
No, not really, but win out or shut up still applies.

Then if LSU is the only undefeated team at the end of the season(ie. Playoff) just declare them the champion. That would be more intellectually honest than spinning the rest of the crap you BCS supporters are going to have to spin.

AlbqSooner
11/19/2011, 07:18 AM
Double elimination playoff, kinda like the CWS.

MyT Oklahoma
11/19/2011, 07:40 AM
It is what it is. I wish we hadn't lost but its all still just a game.

You win some.

You lose some.

You sometimes win a conference championship or a national championship unless your the Cowboys. Classic!

Jacie
11/19/2011, 02:40 PM
Then if LSU is the only undefeated team at the end of the season(ie. Playoff) just declare them the champion. That would be more intellectually honest than spinning the rest of the crap you BCS supporters are going to have to spin.

This.

cccasooner2
11/19/2011, 02:46 PM
This.

This.

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 02:48 PM
If you are gonna just give them the trophy....then let Houston have a shot. No way SMU gets by them and I have my Doubts about Tulsa stopping them

Sooner_Tuf
11/19/2011, 03:09 PM

Maybe the FCS would be a better place for you. They have everything you are looking for.