PDA

View Full Version : OU moves to number 4 in the BCS.

agoo758
11/18/2011, 11:54 PM
And in all likelyhood out of the National Title Race. :confusion:

nighttrain12
11/18/2011, 11:58 PM
OSU will still be in the top 10 so it will still be a big boost when we beat them.

Easting
11/18/2011, 11:59 PM
Epic failure pokes.

yermom
11/19/2011, 12:01 AM
we still have 3 games left to win

Jeronimo
11/19/2011, 12:03 AM
We still need to win OUr games. This just proves the end of the year insanity still lives. We could still get Arky to beat lsu, maybe USuCk to beat Oregon. We can still get there from here, but we have to win OUr games to have that chance. Meantime, don't let any crap talking cowgirl off the hook!

OUNASH
11/19/2011, 12:07 AM
If USC beats Oregon, which could happen and Ark beats LSU we could still be in it. Its going to get interesting before it is all over. We need to worry about taking care of the next three games.

Boomer.....
11/19/2011, 12:10 AM
And in all likelyhood out of the National Title Race. :confusion:

Not even close.

I still say we can jump Oregon and hope that the voters don't want a rematch.

Sooner98
11/19/2011, 12:12 AM

This. There is at least a decent chance we could still lose to Baylor tomorrow.

Blue
11/19/2011, 12:15 AM
If they let a Bama team who lost at home and didn't win their division in the MNC game then that just shows all the talk of the regular season being meaningful is just BS and BCS further exposed as a scam.

WHY CANT WE JUST HAVE A PLAYOFF FFS!

arcman46
11/19/2011, 12:30 AM
We have to win out and 2 of the 3, Oregon, Alabama, or LSU have to lose for us to have any chance.

landrun
11/19/2011, 12:44 AM
I honestly think we have a better chance of losing one of our next 3 games than Oregon, Bama or LSU have of losing another game this year.
Baylor is no joke at home and frankly, I don't see our defense stopping them. We better out score them.
ISU is playing great right now. They just beat #2 in the country and humiliated TECH.
And OSU? You might as well flip a coin this year. I think its 50/50 if we beat them.

Our final three games are tougher than I think any of us expected them to be at the start of the year.

Then, even if we do win out. I think we still have zero practical chance of making it to the national championship game.

yermom
11/19/2011, 12:50 AM
even beating 1 loss OSU would make our resume better than the rest of the 1-loss teams

SOONER44EVER

Against 3 good teams. Each win will help us in the BCS.

Dan Thompson
I can't believe I will have to root for USC over Oregon:(

kevpks
11/19/2011, 12:52 AM
I'm going to be optimistic and say that the only thing we need is for Oregon to lose. We hopefully can still pass an idle Bama with a convincing win. I do think we need to win handily these next two weeks for some style points.

OUInformant
11/19/2011, 12:53 AM
Of course we have a chance.

The only 1-loss teams ahead of us, i.e., Alabama & Oregon, both loss to LSU already. Nobody wants a rematch, except ESPN and people in Alabama/Oregon.

Say that, during an Alabama vs. LSU rematch, Jordan Jefferson gets knocked out of the game in the 1st half (a concussion or something), and Alabama beats LSU by a FG in OT. Wouldn't LSU fans say, "Hey, we already beat you by 3 in OT, and you had your starting QB the whole game. Why do you get the championship?"

Rematches are stupid, considering that the regular season is our playoff.

If OU beats OSU (and we win our other two games), even after tonight, we will likely jump Oregon. Whether we jump Alabama depends entirely upon the human polls. This is all assuming that LSU wins out.

Herr Scholz
11/19/2011, 01:18 AM
I'd say OU needs both Oregon and Bama to lose at this point. Both.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2011, 01:20 AM
After what I witnessed tonight, let's not assume anything....mmmm'kay?

Let's just hope we can get out of Waco with a win first and formost.

LASooner
11/19/2011, 01:49 AM

It's like rooting for Hitler over Osama Bin Laden

LVSOONER15
11/19/2011, 01:54 AM
It's like rooting for Hitler over Osama Bin Laden

Haha. That's a good one.

olevetonahill
11/19/2011, 02:07 AM

This ^

We win out and Win convincingly We there

olevetonahill
11/19/2011, 02:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35008WbY-nY

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 02:13 AM
Stop panicking...please.

1. This loss really does not hurt OU at all.
2. OU still has Baylor and Iowa State first.
3. OSU will still be in the top 7.
4. Bama still has Auburn...Oregon USC (and championship game), LSU Arkansas (and Georgia/USCe).
5. Plenty of talking heads on ESPN and CBS have stated that they do not want to see a rematch. And all these guys have a vote in the Harris Poll.

All OU has to do is take care of what is in front of them. If the media bias plays into where OU gets left out...that is something OU cannot control. So OU needs to just worry about theirselves and everything else will fall into play.

That said, OSU losing is not that big of deal. OU will still have 2 top 25, maybe even 3, teams left this season. OU wins out, they are going to the BCS...which one, that is not in our control...but everything I have done, OU is going to be in the BCS title game if they win out.

Could be wrong.

Also, do not listen to that tool Brad Edwards from ESPN. The guy has no clue what he is talking about. Remember a couple weeks ago, he was stating how OU was going to be top 4 when they were #6.

LASooner
11/19/2011, 02:25 AM
How does OU jump 2 teams whose only loss was to the #1 team in the country, without some losses, they just flat out don't.

olevetonahill
11/19/2011, 02:42 AM
How does OU jump 2 teams whose only loss was to the #1 team in the country, without some losses, they just flat out don't.

Who GAS
WE shoulda took care of Tech
Pay Tention

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2011, 02:45 AM

You new to this sport?

Has happened quite a few times through out history.

Tell me this...how does OU drop in the rankings after beating teams, when the teams jumping OU are beating the likes of Northwestern State (FCS team)?

Ill try to put it n a way you can understand.

If LSU doesn't lose:

Bama would be at home.
Oregon would be playing a **** poor UCLA or ASU team.
OU would be playing a top 7 team.

If the regular season is a playoff...how many playoffs have you witnessed where a team gets a second chance? I have seen double elimination tourneys...but never a playoff!

Seriously, tell me where it states that a team cannot jump two spots?

LASooner
11/19/2011, 02:53 AM
Without losses name me a season where a team jumped 2 other teams above it who also won out this late in the season.

Texas pulled PR shenanigans on Cal a few years ago to jump 1 spot, but it would take a major mentality shift in the pollsters for that to happen in this case. The Fact is Alabama and Oregon both lost only to the #1 team in the country, and OU lost to a team that is not even top 50 right now.

The regular season is not a playoff, it never has been.

OU lost ground in the polls early in the season when the polls shift much more than at the end.

For someone who claims to not be new to the sport, you sure don't pay attention to past history

nighttrain12
11/19/2011, 03:01 AM
Why is everyone so sure OU moves ahead of OSU this week? Our loss at home was worse than their loss on the road. Iowa State is now going to a bowl game and Texas Tech probably won't.

tomtom
11/19/2011, 07:56 AM
How could Alabama go to a nat. champ. game without winning their own div in the sec?
If things remain the same in regards to won-lost records. Just asking.

picasso
11/19/2011, 11:44 AM
I honestly think we have a better chance of losing one of our next 3 games than Oregon, Bama or LSU have of losing another game this year.
Baylor is no joke at home and frankly, I don't see our defense stopping them. We better out score them.
ISU is playing great right now. They just beat #2 in the country and humiliated TECH.
And OSU? You might as well flip a coin this year. I think its 50/50 if we beat them.

Our final three games are tougher than I think any of us expected them to be at the start of the year.

Then, even if we do win out. I think we still have zero practical chance of making it to the national championship game.
Damn, ever look at the bright side of things?

Breadburner
11/19/2011, 11:57 AM
Why is everyone so sure OU moves ahead of OSU this week? Our loss at home was worse than their loss on the road. Iowa State is now going to a bowl game and Texas Tech probably won't.

You have to be kidding.....

kevpks
11/19/2011, 12:02 PM

Honestly, because they are OSU and everyone has been waiting for them to lose. They'll be down in the Boise range. Iowa State is a horrible loss that happened later in the year than our horrible loss. We also played better against A&M, K-State, and Texas. Plus OU has the Florida State win. We will be deservedly 3 or 4 spots ahead of OSU.

vtsooner21
11/19/2011, 12:03 PM

I never, ever thought I'd ever cheer for USC.....EVER!

Boomer

Breadburner
11/19/2011, 12:05 PM
I bet OSU drops to 10 at least.....

FirstandGoal
11/19/2011, 12:11 PM
Honestly, because they are OSU and everyone has been waiting for them to lose. They'll be down in the Boise range. Iowa State is a horrible loss that happened later in the year than our horrible loss. We also played better against A&M, K-State, and Texas. Plus OU has the Florida State win. We will be deservedly 3 or 4 spots ahead of OSU.

Not to mention that this was a showcase game on a Friday night where there weren't any other games to distract from the sucktitude of the entire pokey team. The whole nation got a chance to see them suck.out.loud.

Fro them there will be no recovery from this.

JiminyChristmas
11/19/2011, 01:03 PM
If we win out, we will have the toughest SOS of all the 1 loss teams and we will be the champion of the "statistically" best conference in the country.

We will be in if we win out. Book it.

JiminyChristmas
11/19/2011, 01:07 PM
If we win out we will have the toughest SOS of any 1 loss team, and will be the champion of the "statistically" best conference in the country.

If we win out, we are in. Book it.

delhalew
11/19/2011, 01:18 PM
You should all know, this **** ain't over...til it's over.

sooner n houston
11/19/2011, 01:22 PM
If we win out we will have the toughest SOS of any 1 loss team, and will be the champion of the "statistically" best conference in the country.

If we win out, we are in. Book it.

This!

rekamrettuB
11/19/2011, 03:23 PM
How could Alabama go to a nat. champ. game without winning their own div in the sec?
If things remain the same in regards to won-lost records. Just asking.

Same way Nebraska did in 2001. Just be #2.

Sooner95
11/19/2011, 03:50 PM
yea, we need ALOT of help at this point. Pokes didn't get that much respect before they lost, so when we beat them, it won't mean as much.

Peach Fuzz
11/19/2011, 03:55 PM
Rules are a little different than in 02. Thanks to k-state massacre

MamaMia
11/19/2011, 08:50 PM
Somebody post the photo of Allen Patrick holding the football up in the air. Maybe that will help you root for USC.

rekamrettuB
11/19/2011, 10:09 PM
Rules are a little different than in 02. Thanks to k-state massacre

No they aren't. Lots of talk about them "should be changed" but nothing was done.

Sooner95
11/19/2011, 10:28 PM
Make it #3. The SUC is doing us a Huge favor tonight!