PDA

View Full Version : OSU Fans Are Glad They Lost

FaninAma
11/18/2011, 11:53 PM
Because that probably keeps OU out of the national title game. And, as we all know, OSU fans would rather see something negative happen to OU than something positive to osu. That's just the way they roll.

Just kidding.....sort of.

nighttrain12
11/18/2011, 11:55 PM
I don't care what they think, I just love it to see OSU choke a game so bad! LOL

TXBOOMER
11/19/2011, 12:02 AM
I guarentee you Scott Verplank's first words after the loss was "at least OU won't get to play for the National Championship".

nighttrain12
11/19/2011, 12:03 AM
Watch them bitch and moan about that FG attempt late in the 4th quarter that was almost good.

TXBOOMER
11/19/2011, 12:05 AM
Every Poke that cries about the field goal can call the WAAAAAAAAAAMbulance!

Jeronimo
11/19/2011, 12:06 AM
We're not out of it yet. If OU can still win out, maybe there is some late season insanity left. Like maybe lsu and oregon getting beat. Maybe even Bama. Who knows. OU is not out of it yet! Just need to take care of OUr business to have a chance though.

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 12:07 AM
Watch them bitch and moan about that FG attempt late in the 4th quarter that was almost good.

I've already heard that the camera angle made it look good. I explained that there is TWO REFS down there to look straight up and make the call.

I hear they are blind......LMAO

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 12:09 AM
I am rooting for USC to swallow oregon

Boomer.....
11/19/2011, 12:09 AM
I don't care what they think, I just love it to see OSU choke a game so bad! LOL

This!

85sooners
11/19/2011, 12:14 AM
Lol

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2011, 12:33 AM
I'm not convinced this hurts us.

If Oregon won out and we won out against an undefeated oSu, I'm not sure that would have been enough to get us over the hump. I think there is a lot of steam from voters that they would want to see Oregon now against LSU again. (And less steam for Alabama, because their offense has kind of been exposed.) And, seems to me the conversation has gone along the lines of "the terrible loss by OU that no one can get over." So I think we may have been held back anyway.

All I know is, IF we beat Baylor (and it is a big if being at their place again this year), we move up another spot.

Moving forward... still a lot of football. Let's see how LSU, Bama, and Oregon finish out. Nothing is guaranteed for any of those teams.

LSU looks lethargic following the epic Bama game. Ole Miss is horrible, but then they have to turn around and play a team that is pretty capable in Arkansas, and then presumably a pretty hot Georgia team (thought I think they are less dependable than Arkansas).

Bama has to go to Auburn... on the heels of the Toomer's Corner trees getting poisoned by the Bama nut job. That shouldn't be a motivating factor... but it will be. They are all that crazy.

Oregon has their work cut out for them against USC. This is USC's conference title game and bowl game all rolled into one. They have their year-end rivalry game with Oregon State (which unfortunately is probably the worst team in the Pac12 this year.) And then they have a wildcard game for the Pac12 championship.

In short... Who knows? Anything at this point is possible.

Though I gotta say... really happy to see the Poke Choke is still alive and kickin', no matter how things end up. I can take them finally breaking through and getting a Big XII championship this year. But it would have been living hell forever had they even made the national championship game, no matter the outcome.

mdklatt
11/19/2011, 01:08 AM
Upsides of losing to ISU? (http://www.orangepower.com/threads/upsides-of-losing-to-isu.132807/#post-1690877)

Ask and OP delivers.

Beating OSU no longer gets OU into the MNC game.

I'd rather have my hear ripped out against ISU than ou.

Any chance there's a conspiracy to keep us ranked high enough to vault OU into the MNC with a Bedlam win?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/19/2011, 01:19 AM
They bring hilarity to delusion.

FirstandGoal
11/19/2011, 01:40 AM
Man I can't wait to read the meltdown thread later.

Okie35
11/19/2011, 05:13 AM
I don't know why they would be happy. If we beat OSU they won't even get into a BCS game most likely.

MyT Oklahoma
11/19/2011, 07:55 AM
It is what it is. Enjoy. LOL

SoonerBacker
11/19/2011, 08:20 AM
I don't know why they would be happy. If we beat OSU they won't even get into a BCS game most likely.

Because they are Aggy! They would rather ruin OU's season than have a great one of their own!

VA Sooner
11/19/2011, 08:43 AM
I'm enjoying the loss much more so than anything else for today...

We'll see what the rest of the season pans out for all involved.

picasso
11/19/2011, 11:38 AM
I guarentee you Scott Verplank's first words after the loss was "at least OU won't get to play for the National Championship".
Yeah, you say him talking back in '09 after our BYU game eh?

Sad.

picasso
11/19/2011, 11:40 AM
I'm not convinced this hurts us.

If Oregon won out and we won out against an undefeated oSu, I'm not sure that would have been enough to get us over the hump. I think there is a lot of steam from voters that they would want to see Oregon now against LSU again. (And less steam for Alabama, because their offense has kind of been exposed.) And, seems to me the conversation has gone along the lines of "the terrible loss by OU that no one can get over." So I think we may have been held back anyway.

All I know is, IF we beat Baylor (and it is a big if being at their place again this year), we move up another spot.

Moving forward... still a lot of football. Let's see how LSU, Bama, and Oregon finish out. Nothing is guaranteed for any of those teams.

LSU looks lethargic following the epic Bama game. Ole Miss is horrible, but then they have to turn around and play a team that is pretty capable in Arkansas, and then presumably a pretty hot Georgia team (thought I think they are less dependable than Arkansas).

Bama has to go to Auburn... on the heels of the Toomer's Corner trees getting poisoned by the Bama nut job. That shouldn't be a motivating factor... but it will be. They are all that crazy.

Oregon has their work cut out for them against USC. This is USC's conference title game and bowl game all rolled into one. They have their year-end rivalry game with Oregon State (which unfortunately is probably the worst team in the Pac12 this year.) And then they have a wildcard game for the Pac12 championship.

In short... Who knows? Anything at this point is possible.

Though I gotta say... really happy to see the Poke Choke is still alive and kickin', no matter how things end up. I can take them finally breaking through and getting a Big XII championship this year. But it would have been living hell forever had they even made the national championship game, no matter the outcome.
Oregon is athletic but they aren't that impressive. They had more speed than Stanford, same as us in '09.
I don't see any dominant teams out there this season. Lester could lose in the SEC championship. Who knows.

soonerloyal
11/19/2011, 11:45 AM

And there's the same attitude of which a few of you are pinning on some OSU fans. That's a high horse that doesn't know how to trot.

On the other hand, one OSU fan was sure petulant: "Bedlam, not last night, is STILL the biggest game in our history."

Some really do seem to hate OU more than they love their team.

LiveLaughLove
11/19/2011, 11:47 AM
No they aren't. They are looking for silver linings in the loss.

The same as we would be doing.

I was cheering on ISU toward the end. Couldn't help it.

We blow them out in Stillwater and see what happens.

Jacie
11/19/2011, 02:37 PM
The conspiracy theorist in me says this was a planned move on the part of the higher ups in aggieland, knowing they cannot beat Oklahoma, they take the wind out of OUr sails by losing this one to devalue the bedlam game . . .

mdklatt
11/19/2011, 03:31 PM
No they aren't. They are looking for silver linings in the loss.

Normally I would agree, but we're talking about aggies. They are Poe's Law in action. There's nothing so ridiculous that one aggie says in jest that another aggie doesn't seriously believe.

badger
11/19/2011, 04:58 PM
The only ones they took out of national title consideration by losing was themselves. Losing late in the season is the worst time to lose if you want to be considered for the title discussion.

But hey, whatever makes you feel better about losing, Pokes.

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 05:16 PM
All in All....it's why I had no problem enjoying watching them choke like they always have. You can be sad for the poke Players but they made the choice to go there so I really don't follow that as a possibility.

The players on the oSu Team hate us as bad as our players hate them. It's simply a Rivalry. Always has been....always should be. The fact that OU owns oSu in Football continues to add to the rivalry as the aggies continue to play us instead of give up like Nebraska, mizzou, Colorado and TAMU. For that they get an attaboy for having such a good year. Beating fexas is a huge thing for them. Seeing two Oklahoma Teams take it to them every year wouldn't be such a bad thing IMHO. I would find just as much humor in that as I did last nights loss of oSu to ISU.