PDA

View Full Version : The "now what has to happen for us to go to title game" thread

BigTip
11/18/2011, 11:53 PM
Stupid pukes, now what?

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2011, 11:54 PM
Everyone needs to lose. Oregon and LSU. Bama vs OU for it all.

FirstandGoal
11/18/2011, 11:59 PM
Two out of the 3 teams ranked ahead of us loses.

We keep winning.

It could happen

FtWorthSooner
11/19/2011, 12:00 AM
Agreed. We need USC to beat Oregon and Arky to beat LSU...or both to lose in their conf champ game.

BigTip
Go SUC!
Go Pigs!

Hey, it could happen.

goingoneight
Hey BCS supporters... where are you at now?!?

BigTip
11/19/2011, 12:01 AM
Let me just say
FUUUUUUUUUdge!

I hate having a thread like this.

What else could go wrong?

wait, forget I said that. lol

Sooner5030
11/19/2011, 12:02 AM
Bama/LSU/ORE might not look impressive at times but each has taken care of the folks they are supposed to beat.......so far.

Blue
11/19/2011, 12:03 AM
I still think it stays the same. It'll come down to OU Bama and oregon and voters will still jump us after beating a 7-3 Baylor, 6-4 Iowa st., and 10-1 Ok state. The computers will love us and the voters will jump us because nobody wants to see a re-run.

Eielson
11/19/2011, 12:04 AM
Bama/LSU/ORE might not look impressive at times but each has taken care of the folks they are supposed to beat.......so far.

As a national title contender, you're supposed to beat everybody.

goingoneight
11/19/2011, 12:06 AM
Dear Oklahoma,
Want to win a National Championship?
Don't lose games you shouldn't. Play like a champion every game.
Signed,
Reality.

Dear OSU,
Want to see a National Championship trophy?
Visit Norman.
Signed,
The same...

soonercastor
11/19/2011, 12:08 AM
I was convinced that the winner of bedlam would be in the title game. Now to be honest, I have no ****ing clue. ****!

Eielson
11/19/2011, 12:09 AM
Hey BCS supporters... where are you at now?!?

Right here.

Plexis22
11/19/2011, 12:09 AM
We root hard against LSU, Bama and Oregon. We are #5 and will move up if we take care of business against ranked Baylor and then Iowa State. Then beat a Top 10 OSU.

Herr Scholz
11/19/2011, 12:10 AM
I still think it stays the same. It'll come down to OU Bama and oregon and voters will still jump us after beating a 7-3 Baylor, 6-4 Iowa st., and 10-1 Ok state. The computers will love us and the voters will jump us because nobody wants to see a re-run.
Umm, no.

Blue
11/19/2011, 12:17 AM
Umm, no.

We'll see.

FaninAma
11/19/2011, 12:21 AM
Right here.

Please explain which one loss team deserves to play for the national title? A team that most likely doesn't even win it's conference division?

Talk about a freaking joke!

AlboSooner
11/19/2011, 12:21 AM
We're too nicked up to win it anyway. Might as well enjoy this aggie misery.

8timechamps
11/19/2011, 12:22 AM
We get the benefit of playing a top ten ten to end the season. So, we could still see some love if we win in Stillwater. There's still a lot of football left to be played, as Okie State can attest, so anything is possible.

BigTip
11/19/2011, 12:25 AM
I suppose one good thing is we can now go back to hoping everyone loses, from the top down.

8timechamps
11/19/2011, 12:27 AM
I suppose one good thing is we can now go back to hoping everyone loses, from the top down.

I don't think we've seen the last of the upsets. Nobody was expecting OU to lose to Tech, and certainly nobody expected ISU to beat the Pokes. Who's next?

oufan1
11/19/2011, 12:31 AM
I cant believe after wanted osu to win tonight to keep our chances alive I now have to cheer for USUCK tomorrow night.. what a disgusting football season...

silverwheels
11/19/2011, 12:31 AM
So glad this will be decided by voters. Only logical way to produce a champion.

landrun
11/19/2011, 12:32 AM
We had no chance when our defense gave up 40+ points at home to the worst team in the BigXII. No matter what happened.
Do yourself a favor. Stop kidding yourself.

I guess I've gone through the five stages quicker than most other Sooner fans. I've been at Acceptance for a while now. Though, to be honest, every Saturday I revisit the Anger stage and just want to punk-slap Venables all over again. :mad: The defense gave up an chance at a National Championship weeks ago. :miserable::mad:

silverwheels
11/19/2011, 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Kansas is still worse than Texas Tech.

Eielson
11/19/2011, 12:38 AM
Please explain which one loss team deserves to play for the national title? A team that most likely doesn't even win it's conference division?

Talk about a freaking joke!

Do you want LSU to have to beat Oregon AND Alabama again? I thought one rematch was bad enough.

landrun
11/19/2011, 12:51 AM
Do you want LSU to have to beat Oregon AND Alabama again? I thought one rematch was bad enough.
I don't think any Sooner fan does.
But the truth is, we've worn out our welcome in years like this.
We got hammered by KSU in the BigXII championship game. But won the argument and made it to the NC game anyway. Then lost.
We were one of 3 undefeated teams, won the debate and made it to the NC game. Then lost.

I think people, voters, are sick of seeing us win the argument then laying an egg when they give us a shot at the NC.
I think they believe they should give someone else a chance.
They'd rather see Oregon/Bama play LSU again rather than us.
I can give a lot of arguments why I disagree. But I don't think they'll listen to any argument for OU. Its like they've made up their minds. We blew it when we lost to Tech. And given our history, they'll give someone else a shot.

8timechamps
11/19/2011, 12:58 AM
So glad this will be decided by voters. Only logical way to produce a champion.

If only someone could come up with some kind of system, that allowed the top 6 or 8 teams to play each other down to the final two...then those two teams play for it all. Of course a system like that would have to tested over years and years before it could even be considered. And it probably wouldn't work anyway. Oh, wait...

OUInformant
11/19/2011, 12:59 AM
OU has to win out.

ouwasp
11/19/2011, 01:28 AM
We're too nicked up to win it anyway. Might as well enjoy this aggie misery.
Probably the most valid statement of the night! I was at a high school game tonight, and went to a 5th quarter thing for our youth at church afterwards. Poke fans were there. Got to shake my head, act bewildered, and ask "how did this happen?" "think what might have been?"

Of course, I think that about taco tech everyday...

dennis580
11/19/2011, 01:51 AM
We probably have to win impressively now against OSU. A normal win may not be enough. I think we still control our destiny IF we win impressively enough.

dennis580
11/19/2011, 01:53 AM
I don't think we've seen the last of the upsets. Nobody was expecting OU to lose to Tech, and certainly nobody expected ISU to beat the Pokes. Who's next?

I hoping Oregon losing to USC, and Bama losing to Auburn is next. That would put us at #2 in the BCS, and would mean any kind of win against OSU would put us in the NC game.

BlownGP
11/19/2011, 02:16 AM
I don't think any Sooner fan does.
But the truth is, we've worn out our welcome in years like this.
We got hammered by KSU in the BigXII championship game. But won the argument and made it to the NC game anyway. Then lost.
We were one of 3 undefeated teams, won the debate and made it to the NC game. Then lost.

I think people, voters, are sick of seeing us win the argument then laying an egg when they give us a shot at the NC.
I think they believe they should give someone else a chance.
They'd rather see Oregon/Bama play LSU again rather than us.
I can give a lot of arguments why I disagree. But I don't think they'll listen to any argument for OU. Its like they've made up their minds. We blew it when we lost to Tech. And given our history, they'll give someone else a shot.

as much as I hate to agree with you. You're right.

Could you Imagine if we won all our NC games? SEC WHO? more like. There's OU>>>>>the SEC>>> rest of the big 12... oh man wouldnt that have been nice..

and another thing. I dont wanna play in the NC game without Whaley and Ryan.

olevetonahill
11/19/2011, 02:19 AM

We keep winning.

It could happen
This , we just need to WIN

dennis580
11/19/2011, 04:44 AM

We keep winning.

It could happen

That is not accurate. LSU is such a rediuclously strong #1 they can lose to Arkansas, and still stay at #1 in the BCS. They have wins over BOTH #2 Bama, and #3 Oregon, and that counts for a heck of a lot.

Okie35
11/19/2011, 05:04 AM
That is not accurate. LSU is such a rediuclously strong #1 they can lose to Arkansas, and still stay at #1 in the BCS. They have wins over BOTH #2 Bama, and #3 Oregon, and that counts for a heck of a lot.

No they can't. Also, fans jump the gun too much we have 3 games left. How about we win those first.

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2011, 12:25 AM
1) We need to win out.

2) We need a nuclear accident at Oakridge to take out all the SEC teams. The damage must go far enough to take out Arkansas, but stop before it gets to OK.

3) Might still need Boise, VaTech and Houston to lose again.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2011, 12:34 AM
hell to freeze over!

MamaMia
11/20/2011, 12:49 AM
I rooted against the pokes because seeing them lose is fun. Being Baylors B!tches...not so fun.

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2011, 12:55 AM
I rooted against the pokes because seeing them lose is fun. Being Baylors B!tches...not so fun.

I wonder what was the difference? :)

I seem to remember a bunch of people pulling for OSU last night so they would be ranked higher when we play them. Glad I was pulling for ISU so I could at least enjoy that game this weekend. :(

budbarrybob
11/20/2011, 01:22 AM
In response to the thread... win out. Next year....