PDA

View Full Version : Jets vs broncos (game of the century)

85sooners
11/17/2011, 09:52 PM
Missed field goals poor offenses 3-3 tie at half

Boooom!
11/17/2011, 10:00 PM
Well...its obvious that these are the two best teams, period. No matter the outcome, this should be our Super Bowl teams.

AlboSooner
11/17/2011, 11:31 PM
Tebow scores. I like his passion and his will to win. God bless you Tim.

Soonerus
11/17/2011, 11:47 PM
Crip fight...

Blue
11/17/2011, 11:54 PM
I think the worse offense belongs to the Sanchize and the Jets.

70sooner
11/18/2011, 12:06 AM
unbelievable. 95 yard drive with 5 minutes left in the game, to win it. And Von Miller is a freking beast.

dayum....

agoo758
11/18/2011, 12:10 AM
From what I've seen the last couple of weeks, Sanchez may be the worst Quarterback in the NFL.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2011, 12:41 AM
the nfl analyst crew (Deion, Marshall faulk, Steve Mariucci, Michael Irvin) acted shell shocked after the game.

EatLeadCommie
11/18/2011, 03:32 AM
honest to God...Tebow's praying makes other teams suck worse than him. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

sooneredaco
11/18/2011, 05:06 AM
Seriously??? I posted a thread sometime ago that was something like "he may walk on water but he's isn't a pro QB", something like that. I've been his biggest critic. I felt a lot of it was an act. I felt that it was just a media high type thing. But damn!!!!.... This cat wins! He just wins! We can all say what we say, but he continues to win. I'm moving to Colorado here in a couple of weeks and I felt like there was no way I'd root for the Broncos, now....??? Man I don't know... How can you hate?

Sooner95
11/18/2011, 07:17 AM
I am a huge Broncos fan, and at this point i give up trying to make any sense of it.

oumartin
11/18/2011, 07:37 AM
I watched him play against the Chiefs and it wasn't a thing of beauty but he has something about him that guys just like to play for him. I think he threw one pass in the first half but their last score against the chiefs he threw a beautiful pass for a touchdown. Sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it's purdy but the guy just wins.

pphilfran
11/18/2011, 07:50 AM
He is a reincarnation of Bobby Douglas...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d801f98b8/Top-Ten-Mobile-QBs-Bobby-Douglass

picasso
11/18/2011, 08:47 AM
Old school football. He's a lightning rod alright but I think he's sincere and good for him if he's found a way to contribute in the NFL.

zeke
11/18/2011, 09:15 AM
He isnt the best QB but he CAN play, I have to give that to him.

70sooner
11/18/2011, 10:08 AM
He is a reincarnation of Bobby Douglas...

they were making that comparrison last night. gotta admit, 95 yards with 5 minutes left is impressive, I don't care who it is.

now if they could justget him how to throw the ball with some touch, no telling how good he could be...

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 10:08 AM
Everyone acts like it's Tebow's amazing ability and not the Jets safeties blowing 10 assignments each on that drive. Never seen anything like it in the pros.

rekamrettuB
11/18/2011, 10:32 AM
Teams will figure out how to stop the running. Tebow's QB rating and completion % are horrible. He's completing 44% of his passes and, I'm assuming, it's against 8 man fronts with 1 to maybe 2 reads. There's only one other QB in the league that qualifies for QB rating rankings under 50% and that's rookie Blaine Gabbart. The Jets are the only good team they've beaten so far and we all know they are all over the place. The Raiders had Carson Palmer starting his first game and were w/out McFadden. If Broncos go 4-2 the rest of the way I will be highly impressed and will give him the props for being a winning, not good, QB in the NFL. And winning is all that matters.

Lott's Bandana
11/18/2011, 10:34 AM
I'm beginning to respect what this kid does each week, although I try to ignore it, it is impossible.

Sort of like what's happening in Stoolie.

SoonerAtKU
11/18/2011, 10:36 AM
Let's not forget the Jets are not a good team and are also coming off of a short week getting pounded by the Pats on Sunday night.

Peach Fuzz
11/18/2011, 10:38 AM
I like how it says "Tebows legend grows" on espn right now... yeah gonna take a few more wins espn... nice try.

Breadburner
11/18/2011, 10:41 AM
"That makes me want to puke"....!

nighttrain12
11/18/2011, 10:41 AM
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/tebow.4.jpg

soonerloyal
11/18/2011, 11:16 AM
This kid is win:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/upset-jets-kid-playoffs/

oumartin
11/18/2011, 11:41 AM
lotsa sour grapes in here

Breadburner
11/18/2011, 11:42 AM
lotsa sour grapes in here

You can relate......!

oumartin
11/18/2011, 11:43 AM
You can relate......!

I'll bash a coach, you won't ever see me bash a player

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 11:56 AM
Seriously??? I posted a thread sometime ago that was something like "he may walk on water but he's isn't a pro QB", something like that. I've been his biggest critic. I felt a lot of it was an act. I felt that it was just a media high type thing. But damn!!!!.... This cat wins! He just wins! We can all say what we say, but he continues to win. I'm moving to Colorado here in a couple of weeks and I felt like there was no way I'd root for the Broncos, now....??? Man I don't know... How can you hate?

Not many people here thought the Broncos had a chance in that game. So, the fact that Tebow pulled out another one is starting to make me a believer. I couldn't stand the guy (for the same reasons so many Sooner fans couldn't). But, he is a good guy. He is very active with the community, and is a solid role model. I'm coming around to him.

If you aren't a Bronco fan, just wait...living here kinda forces your hand.

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 11:57 AM
No chance? I'd give a crippled monkey a chance against the Jest. They're awful.

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 11:59 AM
No chance? I'd give a crippled monkey a chance against the Jest. They're awful.

They aren't very good, but until Tebow took over, the Broncos hadn't won back-to-back games in two years. I don't know how good we really are now, but we were pretty pathetic for a while.

Besides, the Jets have one of the best defenses in the NFL....which wasn't a good combination (on paper).

cvsooner
11/18/2011, 12:04 PM
they were making that comparrison last night. gotta admit, 95 yards with 5 minutes left is impressive, I don't care who it is.

now if they could justget him how to throw the ball with some touch, no telling how good he could be... I was thinking Bobby Layne, who couldn't run, couldn't throw...all he could do was win.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 12:04 PM
Tebow is a winner. Simple as that.

Personally, I love seeing this poor bastard who's been ridiculed unmercifully by pretty much everyone (especially the press - and mostly for just being a professed christian) realize success in the NFL. I'm slowly becoming a Tebow fan. Dude has taken all the **** and still hangs tough. He's got "it."

soonerboomer93
11/18/2011, 12:05 PM
Forgive me Barry, for I have sinned. I just celebrated a Tebow touchdown

That's all I could say to Froze last night.

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 12:10 PM

Personally, I love seeing this poor bastard who's been ridiculed unmercifully by pretty much everyone (especially the press - and mostly for just being a professed christian) realize success in the NFL. I'm slowly becoming a Tebow fan. Dude has taken all the **** and still hangs tough. He's got "it."

Yep.

pphilfran
11/18/2011, 12:10 PM

They are winning by limiting turnovers, a very good defense at times, and a power run game...

Sooner or later he is going to be carried off the field in a heap...

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 12:14 PM
50% of that drive was the safeties crashing hard inside and Tebow bouncing outside where there weren't any defenders. It was sad. I give him props for getting extra yards by lowering his head and stuff...

But you've got to look at the body of work, as well. That whole game he was worthless. Beyond helpless in the pocket, running game nullified, and pathetic beyond pathetic on third down. He was throwing into the ground and over heads, and the only reason they scored was because the Jets gave them the points twice. This is the only thing that I hate about this game - the fact that everyone forgot immediately that the reason he needed to go 95 yards in five minutes was because he was so terrible the rest of the game. He had open receivers, he had running lanes, and he had plays he COULD have made, but didn't. Why do those suddenly not count when he puts together one drive and the defense does the rest?

The hero should be that old DB that got the pick 6. Without that, Tebow's historic drive gives them an incredible three point loss.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 12:15 PM

Or on his team mates' shoulders?

No, I do not think the Broncos are good enough to beat say...my team, the Packers, but just seeing Tebow win (and make no mistake, it is Tebow winning not the POS Broncos) in the face of all the *******s who constantly berate him because of his religious beliefs is very satisfying to me.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 12:16 PM
50% of that drive was the safeties crashing hard inside and Tebow bouncing outside where there weren't any defenders. It was sad. I give him props for getting extra yards by lowering his head and stuff...

But you've got to look at the body of work, as well. That whole game he was worthless. Beyond helpless in the pocket, running game nullified, and pathetic beyond pathetic on third down. He was throwing into the ground and over heads, and the only reason they scored was because the Jets gave them the points twice. This is the only thing that I hate about this game - the fact that everyone forgot immediately that the reason he needed to go 95 yards in five minutes was because he was so terrible the rest of the game. He had open receivers, he had running lanes, and he had plays he COULD have made, but didn't. Why do those suddenly not count when he puts together one drive and the defense does the rest?

The hero should be that old DB that got the pick 6. Without that, Tebow's historic drive gives them an incredible three point loss.

Dude, you're trying too hard. Let the boy have his day in the sun. He deserves it.

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 12:17 PM
Or on his team mates' shoulders?

No, I do not think the Broncos are good enough to beat say...my team, the Packers, but just seeing Tebow win (and make no mistake, it is Tebow winning not the POS Broncos) in the face of all the *******s who constantly berate him because of his religious beliefs is very satisfying to me.

It's not the Broncos...so to speak. The Broncos (this same team) couldn't win a game of tic-tac-toe before Tebow was the starter. The only thing I can think is that he somehow motivates guys around him to give it their all.

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 12:18 PM

NP, I know what you're saying, I've watched every game he's played. However, the guy wins. Something the Broncos were not doing with Orton. We can look at any stat out there, but in the end, they win. There is no explanation. The only thing that has changed, is Tebow is the starting QB.

OULenexaman
11/18/2011, 12:19 PM
yep.....that's what I saw too.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 12:25 PM
We all know that if a Team loses almost 99% of the time the QB gets the blame.

If Tewbo's Team is winning....he deserves the accolades.

When he loses....he deserves the blame.

His Religious Beliefs have nothing to do with why I don't like him. It has everything to do with him leading the gayturds to a MNC against us in the Orange Bowl. One of the toughest walks out of a football stadium I've ever had.

pphilfran
11/18/2011, 12:29 PM
If a Sooner qb were playing at a similar level you would be throwing the Sooner qb to the wolves...

pphilfran
11/18/2011, 12:31 PM
As far as qb ratings go I would put him just above Tony R....

oumartin
11/18/2011, 12:34 PM
If we knew a sooner qb was a tough runner and a so so passer I don't believe we would be tough on him. Everyone knows what Tebow is, Tebow is a tough runner, a very average to poor passer and a great leader.

He's not failing to do anything he is suppose to succeed at.

pphilfran
11/18/2011, 12:40 PM
Winning makes all the difference...he has pulled out some really great drives to win games and the team is pulling together...the rest of the schedule is not too tough and they should pull off some more wins...but a running qb won't get you very far in the NFL...Vick, Radio, Tebow, I wouldn't have any of em...

Partial Qualifier
11/18/2011, 12:44 PM
I too am warming up to the guy.

The funniest thing is listening to analysts, TV and radio alike. Lots and lots of crow being eaten. And most of them are not too ashamed to laugh at themselves while eating it (in regards to Tebow)

soonerloyal
11/18/2011, 12:55 PM
I have no trouble giving him props for his get-it-done plays in the last 5% of the game.

I have no trouble jeering him for the first 95% of the game suckitude.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 12:59 PM
If a Sooner qb were playing at a similar level you would be throwing the Sooner qb to the wolves...

That's just way to simplistic to give an answer as I'm talking about a guy that won a Hiesman the year he led his Team to a 9-4 finish and a 5-3 SEC Finish yet won the Hiesman Trophy. He's been called an inspiration and a leader but I continue to hear experts say that he doesn't measure up to Standards when comparing him to an NFL QB.

I think he got the shot purely because he is an inspirational Leader. I think that's why he is successful. I think if I was going to compare him to someone....it would be Kurt Warner. Thing is Warner had to make his way to becoming a NFL Caliber QB. I think Warner's Story is one that is inspirational to guys like Tebow that don't give up and don't give in to the "You'll Never Make it in the NFL" Statements that are thrown at him. Denver seemed to be out of answers and Tebow happened to be in the right place at the right time.

If I'm going to compare Tebow to Bradford as it should be.....I'd damn sure think Denver Fans would be glad to have Sam on their Team right now.

Sam did get thrown to the Wolves. He also made the most out of it and was the Rookie of the year.

That's how I compare things. Now....there are plenty of folks ready to throw Landry Jones to the wolves right now and if he gets a shot at the NFL and goes this year....there will be plenty of chances for folks who want to throw a Sooner QB to the Wolves to happen. I just think once it happens for real that we might actually be able to really see how your theory might play out.

soonerboomer93
11/18/2011, 01:05 PM

U mad bro?

pphilfran
11/18/2011, 01:06 PM
The reason he got a shot was because there was no one in front of him that was worth a chit...they had nothing to lose....

I gotta hand it to the coaching staff and the rest of team...they tossed out the standard playbook and put in a college game plan with a lot of power option...

They will win with solid defense, strong running game, and limited turnovers...

Breadburner
11/18/2011, 01:10 PM
I'll bash a coach, you won't ever see me bash a player

Narrowly built, one-cut, stretch-zone runner who will be overdrafted because of his size-speed combo, hands and return ability. Likely to spend a short-lived career in the training room once he has to deal with the rigors of the NFL.

What about when you posted this......And said DM was a "Shell of his former self"

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 01:12 PM
U mad bro?

i mad

But seriously, I wouldn't mind as much if they gave the credit where it was due. With the damn defense.

oumartin
11/18/2011, 01:14 PM
Narrowly built, one-cut, stretch-zone runner who will be overdrafted because of his size-speed combo, hands and return ability. Likely to spend a short-lived career in the training room once he has to deal with the rigors of the NFL.

What about when you posted this......And said DM was a "Shell of his former self"

yes I said that. I wasn't bashing him. I never said he sucked or anything I just said he looked alot less explosive than when he was a freshman.

and if you read later I said I was wrong about what I thought he would do in the nfl cuz the dude is tearing it up.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 01:15 PM
i mad

But seriously, I wouldn't mind as much if they gave the credit where it was due. With the damn defense.

OK, what has changed with their defense since Tebow took over as QB?

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 01:16 PM
And it was funny to watch their gameplan go out the window with one vicious hit. Ha! They were running all the spread option stuff and it was working a bit, then one of the LB's laid the wood to Teebs WAY after a pitch and that whole spread option wing T stuff went out the window. It was back to handing the ball off and using play action.

The difference on the last drive was that they put five wide on the field and just told him to run. Normally this is no problem for an NFL D, but those safeties seriously busted about 10 assignments each on that series. It was unreal. That missed tackle at the goal line was a symptom. I laughed at the announcers talking those guys up like they were amazing, because they kept screwing up over and over.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 01:20 PM
The reason he got a shot was because there was no one in front of him that was worth a chit...they had nothing to lose....

I gotta hand it to the coaching staff and the rest of team...they tossed out the standard playbook and put in a college game plan with a lot of power option...

They will win with solid defense, strong running game, and limited turnovers...

I'll give accolades to the Team but everything I heard about the Coaching Staff was that they felt trapped by the Fans and did it to get them off their back. I don't think they would have done it if they had another choice so I look at it as pure luck. The first Game they made the decision they didn't even win....however it pleased the Fans and seemingly the
Team so it went on. The more this guy plays....the more he finds ways to win. He's a scary QB. You never know what Tebow is going to play today.

cccasooner2
11/18/2011, 01:22 PM
We all know that if a Team loses almost 99% of the time the QB gets the blame.

Why punctuation is important:

A. We all know that if a Team loses almost 99% of the time, the QB gets the blame.

B. We all know that if a Team loses, almost 99% of the time the QB gets the blame.

:hopelessness:

oumartin
11/18/2011, 01:23 PM
I'm fully expecting the broncos to drop a game to some cellar dweller and Tebow will make a tearful plea, They will then go on a terror and win the Super Bowl.

Tear Down This Wall
11/18/2011, 01:25 PM
Is what Tim Tebow does pretty? No. But, look at an important stat - 125 passes thrown, only one interception.

He's not a good passer, but he takes care of the ball. Denver has a defense that keeps them close enough to give Tebow a chance in the end. Doesn't this sound a lot like Vince Young when he was with the Titans?

Yes, it does. The difference? Vince turned the ball over a ton...and, he wasn't a team player!

Tebow doesn't turn the ball over and his team believes in him. So, his unorthodox style might last longer than Vince's "me first" act did in Tennessee.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 01:31 PM
Why punctuation is important:

A. We all know that if a Team loses almost 99% of the time, the QB gets the blame.

B. We all know that if a Team loses, almost 99% of the time the QB gets the blame.

:hopelessness:

Just pick one.
Then join in the conversation if you can.

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 01:37 PM

I'm just talking about that one game. Give Tebow all the credit you want for that Oakland win, he was a monster.

oumartin
11/18/2011, 01:47 PM
he was a saviour.

fify

Tear Down This Wall
11/18/2011, 01:53 PM

Orton turned the ball over nine times in the five games he started: seven interceptions (in 155 attempts), two fumbles (14 rushes/sacks). Orton = 9 turnovers in 169 plays.

Tebow has only turned it over twice in the five games he's started: one interceptions (in 125 attempts), one fumble (71 rushes sacks). Tebow = 2 turnovers in 196 plays.

So, the Denver offense is no longer giving opponents a short field on their defense.

OULenexaman
11/18/2011, 02:02 PM
never thought I'd see this much donkey talk here.....:nightmare:

soonerboomer93
11/18/2011, 02:03 PM
And it was funny to watch their gameplan go out the window with one vicious hit. Ha! They were running all the spread option stuff and it was working a bit, then one of the LB's laid the wood to Teebs WAY after a pitch and that whole spread option wing T stuff went out the window. It was back to handing the ball off and using play action.

The difference on the last drive was that they put five wide on the field and just told him to run. Normally this is no problem for an NFL D, but those safeties seriously busted about 10 assignments each on that series. It was unreal. That missed tackle at the goal line was a symptom. I laughed at the announcers talking those guys up like they were amazing, because they kept screwing up over and over.

I didn't hear the post game, but apparently he gave a pretty technical / good description of the read he made before the snap on his td run. So yeah, the defense may have been busting, but he may have also seen some things that were leading to those busts.

oumartin
11/18/2011, 02:06 PM
c'mon people I have been posting comedy gold the last three days and it's like I am invisible!

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 02:06 PM
Oh, I'm sure he saw them happening. He made the plays, after all.

soonerboomer93
11/18/2011, 02:07 PM
Is what Tim Tebow does pretty? No. But, look at an important stat - 125 passes thrown, only one interception.

He's not a good passer, but he takes care of the ball. Denver has a defense that keeps them close enough to give Tebow a chance in the end. Doesn't this sound a lot like Vince Young when he was with the Titans?

Yes, it does. The difference? Vince turned the ball over a ton...and, he wasn't a team player!

Tebow doesn't turn the ball over and his team believes in him. So, his unorthodox style might last longer than Vince's "me first" act did in Tennessee.

he does seem to make a lot of "safe" pass attempts. Ones with the receivers on the boundry so he and can pass to the outside. He just misses a ton of throws too, like the one pass to Decker that was about 2 yards too long. Man I was annoyed at that.

swardboy
11/18/2011, 02:12 PM
Crip fight...

......post of the thread.

Partial Qualifier
11/18/2011, 02:26 PM
c'mon people I have been posting comedy gold the last three days and it's like I am invisible!

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-gifs-who.gif

LiveLaughLove
11/18/2011, 02:28 PM
He's a good kid, good role model, and is succeeding in the NFL. People hate him for it. I don't understand why, but they do.

I promise he isn't phased by the hate. It's wasted energy, but continue on if you must.

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 02:33 PM
He's a good kid, good role model, and is succeeding in the NFL. People hate him for it. I don't understand why, but they do.

I promise he isn't phased by the hate. It's wasted energy, but continue on if you must.

But that's not it at all. It's the fawning by mindless hangers-on that makes some resent him.

picasso
11/18/2011, 02:34 PM
They are winning by limiting turnovers, a very good defense at times, and a power run game...

He will die doing what he loved. Kinda like how Hefner's gonna go out.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 02:42 PM
I smell an attention whore....

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 02:43 PM
He will die doing what he loved. Kinda like how Hefner's gonna go out.

Are all the Bronco Players Blondes?

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 02:43 PM
But that's not it at all. It's the fawning by mindless hangers-on that makes some resent him.

Dude, every time I turn on the tube it's "Tebow sucks, he's not an NFL caliber QB, he can't throw, he can't win." Who is doing all the fawning? It ain't happened on my TV yet. Well not since he was at UF and was circumcising little 3rd world boys and crap. Nobody has had a nice thing to say about him since then.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 02:45 PM
Who knew there were so many Florida Phans in Denver?

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 02:47 PM
I said he was an inspirational Leader. Thanks for lumping me in with all the Nobodys. :D

oumartin
11/18/2011, 02:49 PM
I said he was an inspirational Leader. Thanks for lumping me in with all the Nobodys. :D

he could probably heal you!

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 02:50 PM
Dude, every time I turn on the tube it's "Tebow sucks, he's not an NFL caliber QB, he can't throw, he can't win." Who is doing all the fawning? It ain't happened on my TV yet. Well not since he was at UF and was circumcising little 3rd world boys and crap. Nobody has had a nice thing to say about him since then.

And that lapse in Tebow fellatio coincided directly with a lapse in Tebow hate. Now that he's the savior of the Broncos and single-handedly won the game against the best defense that ever walked the earth, people despise the guy again.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 02:53 PM
Not me. I despised him when he played for UF. I despised ESPN for fellating him non-stop during that time. Now I'm warming up to the guy. He wins. He overcomes. What's not to like?

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 02:53 PM

The funny thing is that there are people (a lot, if not most of the media) that continue to say "He's not a QB in the NFL!"...the guy is 4-1 as a starter this year. What exactly does an "NFL QB" need to do to be an "NFL QB".

And, NormanPride, how exactly do you know that the Broncos threw the gameplan out the window when Tebow took the hit by Scott? They looked the exact same as they have the past 5 games. I didn't see any difference in the play calling.

Peach Fuzz
11/18/2011, 03:03 PM
I don't watch espn shows really anymore, so I don't know what they're talking about. All I know is that every headline that has anything to do with Tebow is always along the lines of 'legend' or some crap. That's my only problem with him. He's got mad respect from me for everything else, even after the 08 game. Great guy.

LiveLaughLove
11/18/2011, 03:07 PM

You resent him because of what other people do?

As soon as he left the set last night, Rich Eisen basically said he doesn't seem real. He certainly wasn't fawning.

People don't like what they don't understand. I think he puts a mirror up to people and they don't like the reflection. At least that's my philosophical view on it.

He's a good barometer.

Tear Down This Wall
11/18/2011, 03:12 PM

Agree.

With all of the people in positions of sports responsibility - Penn State's coaching staff and administration hiding a child molester for nine years, WKU defensive coordinator being arrested for drunk driving (but, not being penalized with missed game time), and Mizzou's coach being arrested for drunk driving, and...that's just within the last 10 days or so...

...why can't there be just one nice kid who does things right? There are enough creeps in the NFL to outweigh whatever goodness he throws down, so why hate on the kid? Let him be nice, good, and God-fearing. People "hanger on" to good and bad people. I doesn't matter.

Christ, I've got a 3-year old daughter. I pray that when she's in college she meets and marries someone as nice and squared away as this kid seems to be this early in life. I mean, junxtapose Tebow with drunk, shirtless Vince Young early in his career.

LVokie
11/18/2011, 03:36 PM
Agree.

With all of the people in positions of sports responsibility - Penn State's coaching staff and administration hiding a child molester for nine years, WKU defensive coordinator being arrested for drunk driving (but, not being penalized with missed game time), and Mizzou's coach being arrested for drunk driving, and...that's just within the last 10 days or so...

...why can't there be just one nice kid who does things right? There are enough creeps in the NFL to outweigh whatever goodness he throws down, so why hate on the kid? Let him be nice, good, and God-fearing. People "hanger on" to good and bad people. I doesn't matter.

Christ, I've got a 3-year old daughter. I pray that when she's in college she meets and marries someone as nice and squared away as this kid seems to be this early in life. I mean, junxtapose Tebow with drunk, shirtless Vince Young early in his career.

Sam Bradford says "hi." Oh, and Sam hasn't done anything remotely akin to showing opponents up by gator-chomping in their faces. Tebow, on the other hand ... I just don't buy the act. There's the Christian who stays focused, does the things he should do without reviling again when others revile him (1 Peter 2:23, if I may be permitted), and doesn't dissolve into tears when he loses at something as inconsequential as football ... and then there's this guy. Maybe he's different now (I really haven't paid enough attention to know, I suppose), but the Tebow I saw at Florida is not the sort of Christian I'd want to emulate or have my kids emulate.

Peach Fuzz
11/18/2011, 03:42 PM
Sam Bradford says "hi." Oh, and Sam hasn't done anything remotely akin to showing opponents up by gator-chomping in their faces. Tebow, on the other hand ... I just don't buy the act. There's the Christian who stays focused, does the things he should do without reviling again when others revile him (1 Peter 2:23, if I may be permitted), and doesn't dissolve into tears when he loses at something as inconsequential as football ... and then there's this guy. Maybe he's different now (I really haven't paid enough attention to know, I suppose), but the Tebow I saw at Florida is not the sort of Christian I'd want to emulate or have my kids emulate.

Sorry, but this is the dumbest post I've read all day. Too bad Marilyn Manson doesn't play football huh..

Tear Down This Wall
11/18/2011, 03:57 PM
So...a Florida football player doing a Gator Chomp is the barometer for a good kid versus a bad kid? He's the only football player who has cried during a football game?

Lord. Just admit you want to hate the kid. If the worst my daughter's future boyfriends/husband do/does is use a school celebration symbol or cry after one big game, I think she'll be doing well.

rekamrettuB
11/18/2011, 04:09 PM
This argument about "hating" Tebow has been beat to death. I don't hate Tebow the man, I get extremely exhausted with the coverage the dude garners. I hate the media for giving him this much attention. But, with all the shows and channels out there, they got to fill time I guess.

cccasooner2
11/18/2011, 04:09 PM
This kid is win:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/upset-jets-kid-playoffs/

Found a girl friend for him. Different conference so their marriage would probably last. :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/what-the-fox?vid=cc07d623-dc8c-4e73-b856-87ab7a5ebf36

Weird though, their moms sound the same.

soonerboomer93
11/18/2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2011-11/66155521.jpg

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 04:56 PM
The funny thing is that there are people (a lot, if not most of the media) that continue to say "He's not a QB in the NFL!"...the guy is 4-1 as a starter this year. What exactly does an "NFL QB" need to do to be an "NFL QB".

And, NormanPride, how exactly do you know that the Broncos threw the gameplan out the window when Tebow took the hit by Scott? They looked the exact same as they have the past 5 games. I didn't see any difference in the play calling.

Because they stopped using designed runs for the QB after that. Maybe it was just because they went 3-and-out all damn night, but it looked like the offense after that hit was:

1 - Stretch right to McGahee
2 - Stretch left to McGahee
3 - Play-action into the dirt

Of course there was more variation than that, but you didn't see the Utah option or TE end around option that crushed the Jets D early because they exposed Tebow to hits by the D no matter where the play went.

And I don't personally despise the guy because others like him. I am frustrated with people and the media because he seems to be a magnet for hyperbole. ****, I never thought I would get reamed for not liking a non-Sooner NFL player on this board. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? A lot of you act like if I don't like the kid I'm a bad person inside. That's ****ing crazy.

LVokie
11/18/2011, 05:02 PM
So...a Florida football player doing a Gator Chomp is the barometer for a good kid versus a bad kid? He's the only football player who has cried during a football game?

Lord. Just admit you want to hate the kid. If the worst my daughter's future boyfriends/husband do/does is use a school celebration symbol or cry after one big game, I think she'll be doing well.

I never said he's a bad kid. Nor did I say anything to indicate that those were the only examples of things I saw him do that fashioned my impression of him; there were plenty of times where his demeanor or his actions on the field simply did not add up. He's hardly the only player to have acted that way, but (by his complicity if nothing else) he's fostered the image that he's somehow "different" or "above the norm." As you just admitted, he's not. I felt this way watching him play from the get-go, long before Florida played OU; I have no subjective reason to dislike him that would not also apply to, say, Colt McCoy, and yet I like Colt while viewing Tebow as a bit of a posturing fraud and a pretty lousy passer (by NFL standards) to boot. When I say "fraud," do I suspect him of salacious or illegal behavior on the side, like something a truly "bad" kid would do? No. I just don't buy the act.

Tear Down This Wall
11/18/2011, 05:20 PM
Yes, I'm sure there's something salacious and illegal about traveling to third world countries in the off-season and helping the poor. Just look at all the NFL players trying to garner fake adulation by doing so, right?

And, the reason we are in this thread is because Tebow's winning games, even with all the hating people in the press and world. People ignore Colt McCoy because, in spite of being in the same situation as Tebow - having a less than average set of offensive weapons on the roster with him - he isn't leading the Browns to many wins.

If Tebow was losing, he'd be as forgettable as McCoy as well. You have to win to gain attention.

As Peyton Hillis goes, so go the Browns. As Tim Tebow goes, so go the Broncos. Colt McCoy isn't even in the picture.

Peach Fuzz
11/18/2011, 05:24 PM
No, his first start had as much press as this game. They're gonna ride his train during the off season too

rainiersooner
11/18/2011, 06:16 PM
It would be pretty funny to see people's heads implode if the broncos won the superbowl. Not saying they can - just saying that the hand-wringing and hossanas alike would be hilarious to watch.

LiveLaughLove
11/18/2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2011-11/66155521.jpg

I don't presume to speak for him, but that is blasphemous to a Christian. However, to be a Christian means to be "Christ-like" and in that regard he is a big win.

I love Sam Bradford and he does speak of his faith also. Each have their styles and each is a better person than I was at this point in my life. I love that Tebow is outspoken about his faith, passionate about his sport, and has his priorities in place.

Fraud is a ridiculous accusation with no basis in fact. But then it didn't stop the Pharisee's from accusing Jesus of being one either. So once more he shows he is "Christ-like". I know for me, if I'm not stepping on toes (mine included), as a Christian, I'm probably a pretty poor example of one.

Luke 6:22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. NIV

Let's face it, this is 99% of why people dislike him. It's not his football skills or lack thereof.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 06:45 PM
Because they stopped using designed runs for the QB after that. Maybe it was just because they went 3-and-out all damn night, but it looked like the offense after that hit was:

Of course there was more variation than that, but you didn't see the Utah option or TE end around option that crushed the Jets D early because they exposed Tebow to hits by the D no matter where the play went.

And I don't personally despise the guy because others like him. I am frustrated with people and the media because he seems to be a magnet for hyperbole. ****, I never thought I would get reamed for not liking a non-Sooner NFL player on this board. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? A lot of you act like if I don't like the kid I'm a bad person inside. That's ****ing crazy.

So, what you're saying is that you're a bad person inside? C'mere, let big daddy give you a hug. Heh.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 06:50 PM
Let's face it, this is 99% of why people dislike him. It's not his football skills or lack thereof.

Wrong. It's why about 75% of the people who hate him hate him. The other 24% are the people like I was - people who get tired of ESPN/the media deep throating his every move. They don't do that anymore (since he left college it's been nothing but ridicule and hate for him). It ain't his fault though.

I think he sucks the big one as a QB, but galdang, the boy knows how to win a game, and winning a game is what it's all about. No matter how much the Christ haters try and bust his chops he keeps on rubbing their noses in it - and he's doing it on the field not in the press, and I find that refreshing as hell.

NormanPride
11/18/2011, 07:11 PM
So, what you're saying is that you're a bad person inside? C'mere, let big daddy give you a hug. Heh.

You stay away from me with your "hugs". I heard from JM what they're like.

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 07:40 PM

First, I didn't "ream" you because of anything you said, so if that was directed at me, then it was unfounded. I'm not a mega-Tebow fan, I just appreciate who he is and he's starting to gain my respect. I agree with you about the media. It's always been over-the-top for Tebow. But, it's not hard to understand why. He's an incredible athlete with a "boy next door" look/feel.

As for the football aspect, I've (unfortunately) watched every Bronco game this year from start to finish. The game-plan for Tebow hasn't really changed. However, I do think they are trying to minimize his exposure to getting hit (especially if he doesn't have the ball). But, I don't think an entire game-plan was changed because of one hit. He's taken bigger licks than that this year. So, I think we agree for the most part.

8timechamps
11/18/2011, 07:46 PM
Oh, and this has been the LONGEST bye week I can remember...we've devoted 6 pages to Tebow!

LVokie
11/18/2011, 10:50 PM
Yes, I'm sure there's something salacious and illegal about traveling to third world countries in the off-season and helping the poor. Just look at all the NFL players trying to garner fake adulation by doing so, right?

And, the reason we are in this thread is because Tebow's winning games, even with all the hating people in the press and world. People ignore Colt McCoy because, in spite of being in the same situation as Tebow - having a less than average set of offensive weapons on the roster with him - he isn't leading the Browns to many wins.

If Tebow was losing, he'd be as forgettable as McCoy as well. You have to win to gain attention.

As Peyton Hillis goes, so go the Browns. As Tim Tebow goes, so go the Broncos. Colt McCoy isn't even in the picture.

Geez ... do all Tebow fans have trouble reading, or is it just you? I said I do not suspect him of doing anything bad in particular; I just don't automatically get wide-eyed over mission trips and scriptures painted on cheekbones. Heck, I did a mission trip myself; some of the people I served with were amazing people, some of them were simply going with the flow (i.e. what Mom and Dad or a brother or a girlfriend expected or influenced them to do), and some of them turned out to be total slimes. I tend to put Tebow in the second category, myself; it's certainly more than most people do, but how much of it reflects inveterate piety and charity and how much of it is a product of surroundings and circumstances? It comes down to a gut feeling, in the end: I know some vocal Christians (as well as members of other faiths) whose theology has eaten them up; their tendencies, their impulses, and their views of other people have all been changed by it. I know others who are even more vocal and/or active in their belief and yet produce a nagging vibe of not actually being "rooted" in it; they are so vocal or active out of a desire either to try to force it to take root or to try to convince other people that it already has. That's precisely the vibe I got from Tebow while he was at Florida; the words were nice, the service was impressive, but his demeanor when the chips were down just didn't fit. Again, perhaps moving up and having to assume his place in the pecking order changed things so I'd like him better now, but I didn't care much for the version I saw in college. Having said that, I don't hate him, either; frankly, I couldn't care less whether he succeeds or not. (On that note, put me with the people who credit Denver's defense more for their victories. It was the same when OU played Florida; he did crap-all early on and got bailed out. If not for Percy Harvin and Florida's defense, aided by several key screw-ups by our offense, he would have lost, "will" or no "will." Vince Young's case provides ample reason for caution: like it or not, it'll take at least a couple seasons of results like the one's Tebow's getting now before he'll have proven anything.)

Blue
11/18/2011, 11:00 PM
Geez ... do all Tebow fans have trouble reading, or is it just you? I said I do not suspect him of doing anything bad in particular; I just don't automatically get wide-eyed over mission trips and scriptures painted on cheekbones. Heck, I did a mission trip myself; some of the people I served with were amazing people, some of them were simply going with the flow (i.e. what Mom and Dad or a brother or a girlfriend expected or influenced them to do), and some of them turned out to be total slimes. I tend to put Tebow in the second category, myself; it's certainly more than most people do, but how much of it reflects inveterate piety and charity and how much of it is a product of surroundings and circumstances? It comes down to a gut feeling, in the end: I know some vocal Christians (as well as members of other faiths) whose theology has eaten them up; their tendencies, their impulses, and their views of other people have all been changed by it. I know others who are even more vocal and/or active in their belief and yet produce a nagging vibe of not actually being "rooted" in it; they are so vocal or active out of a desire either to try to force it to take root or to try to convince other people that it already has. That's precisely the vibe I got from Tebow while he was at Florida; the words were nice, the service was impressive, but his demeanor when the chips were down just didn't fit. Again, perhaps moving up and having to assume his place in the pecking order changed things so I'd like him better now, but I didn't care much for the version I saw in college. Having said that, I don't hate him, either; frankly, I couldn't care less whether he succeeds or not. (On that note, put me with the people who credit Denver's defense more for their victories. It was the same when OU played Florida; he did crap-all early on and got bailed out. If not for Percy Harvin and Florida's defense, aided by several key screw-ups by our offense, he would have lost, "will" or no "will." Vince Young's case provides ample reason for caution: like it or not, it'll take at least a couple seasons of results like the one's Tebow's getting now before he'll have proven anything.)

nm

Blue
11/18/2011, 11:11 PM
nm