PDA

View Full Version : ex-Packer Jolly gets 6 years in the poke...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2011, 04:32 PM
Badg should be happy...
Probation violation, Slurp, I think... (http://www.chron.com/default/article/Packers-DL-Jolly-sentenced-to-6-years-in-prison-2274425.php)

badger
11/17/2011, 04:49 PM
At least call him an ex-Aggie. :mad:

Or a current Aggie. Yes, let's remember him for his AGGIE, not his Packer :mad:

yerLvBMrDII

rainiersooner
11/17/2011, 04:54 PM
I thought that guy was a real D-Bag for his Jolly Dance...but this is a miscarriage of justice imo. I know several people will say that the law is the law, etc., but prosecutors and judges are given broad discretion in sentencing. This is not a six year crime. Even for a D-Bag aggie.

oumartin
11/17/2011, 05:00 PM
dude deserves what he gets,,, He may be big and bad but someone in prison will be bigger and badder and will rape his punk b!tch @ss.

SoonerAtKU
11/17/2011, 05:03 PM
I did hear that the judge gave him the sentence, then got up and shook his fat body around like he was being electrocuted. Witnesses said it wasn't a big deal and had no idea why the judge would act that way after a routine sentencing.

olevetonahill
11/17/2011, 07:05 PM
I did hear that the judge gave him the sentence, then got up and shook his fat body around like he was being electrocuted. Witnesses said it wasn't a big deal and had no idea why the judge would act that way after a routine sentencing.
You do realize the Judge is a chick dont ya ?

http://electdenisebradley.com/

rainiersooner
11/17/2011, 07:11 PM

that's funny.

LASooner
11/17/2011, 07:48 PM
Maybe he was high when he danced in the 77-0 loss

Harris County Sooner
11/17/2011, 09:32 PM
I just giggle when I see "packer" and "poke" in the same sentence.

badger
11/18/2011, 10:14 AM
Sad video.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7246845/green-bay-packers-johnny-jolly-sentenced-6-years-prison

Packer fan angst aside, I have had a personal experience with codeine.

Once, when I was in insurmountable pain (I am not sure if I was injured, or sick, or what), hadn't slept well and was just kind of shutting down. I think I had mono or strep at the time or something, so I was allowed to take a single codeine pain pill.

Its effects were immediate and uplifting. The pain was gone and I hadn't slept that well in days... and immediately, the next morning, I wanted to take more codeine. My parents, both being nurses, said NO immediately and explained that while it was a powerful drug for pain, it was also highly addictive and habit forming if you take it too often.

Thus, my first and last experience with codeine as a medication. About all I had to hear was "habit forming" for me to not want to take it again, no matter what.

SoonerAtKU
11/18/2011, 10:24 AM
You do realize the Judge is a chick dont ya ?

http://electdenisebradley.com/

You think I bother to check facts when I'm desperately trying to be funny?

Mississippi Sooner
11/18/2011, 10:26 AM
Sad video.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7246845/green-bay-packers-johnny-jolly-sentenced-6-years-prison

Packer fan angst aside, I have had a personal experience with codeine.

Once, when I was in insurmountable pain (I am not sure if I was injured, or sick, or what), hadn't slept well and was just kind of shutting down. I think I had mono or strep at the time or something, so I was allowed to take a single codeine pain pill.

Its effects were immediate and uplifting. The pain was gone and I hadn't slept that well in days... and immediately, the next morning, I wanted to take more codeine. My parents, both being nurses, said NO immediately and explained that while it was a powerful drug for pain, it was also highly addictive and habit forming if you take it too often.

Thus, my first and last experience with codeine as a medication. About all I had to hear was "habit forming" for me to not want to take it again, no matter what.

Good grief. I take codeine on a regular basis since my left lung got shredded by all the blood clots, but it takes at least 30 milligrams before I feel anything.

Of course, the fact that I've taken so much over the last twelve years might have something to do with that.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/18/2011, 10:28 AM
I thought that guy was a real D-Bag for his Jolly Dance...but this is a miscarriage of justice imo. I know several people will say that the law is the law, etc., but prosecutors and judges are given broad discretion in sentencing. This is not a six year crime. Even for a D-Bag aggie.

This is his third time before a judge for Slurp... The first one was wiped out by his second court hearing when they gave him a free pass on the first and probation on the second. His crying picture today in the Chron gets no sympathy. He had been on probation almost a year and couldn't stay straight with that. If he wanted rehab, he could've gone then. When he was arrested this time, he threw a bag out the truck window, not recovered, dumped two drinks on his floor board and and had a nother one they recovered the slurp. Dude is messed up and had run out of chances...

Piware
11/18/2011, 05:04 PM
The Jolly Dance is etched in my memory as one of the goofiest things I have ever seen. My family and I were laughing about it before this happened (while watching the OU/A&M game). He was a ****** then and it seems he still is. What a waste!

badger
11/18/2011, 05:24 PM
Good grief. I take codeine on a regular basis since my left lung got shredded by all the blood clots, but it takes at least 30 milligrams before I feel anything.

Of course, the fact that I've taken so much over the last twelve years might have something to do with that.

No worries, I'm not calling you or anyone else that uses prescription codeine an addict. All I know is that so long as I can help it, I am never touching the stuff ever again.

This is his third time before a judge for Slurp... The first one was wiped out by his second court hearing when they gave him a free pass on the first and probation on the second. His crying picture today in the Chron gets no sympathy. He had been on probation almost a year and couldn't stay straight with that. If he wanted rehab, he could've gone then. When he was arrested this time, he threw a bag out the truck window, not recovered, dumped two drinks on his floor board and and had a nother one they recovered the slurp. Dude is messed up and had run out of chances...

I thought about that, yes, but I also think about how football was likely one of the few positive things he had in his life, having a crack addict for mom and an absent dad (who was also a crack addict). He had football taken away from him by bad decisions, which resulted in more bad decisions.

I think that the prison sentence may save his life though, if he was truly taking as much codeine as he said he was --- an $800 bottle a day?! Wow...