PDA

View Full Version : RETRO OU/ISU TAILGATE!!

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 06:57 PM
I normally don't post the next tailgate party details until the week before the game; however, I'm going to break my own rule for the final SF.com tailgate of the year.

As you all know, this will be our first morning tailgate since a couple years ago, and those that used to come back then remember the breakfast deal we used to do. This year, we're gonna bring back the breakfast in a great/retro way. Certainly. With a couple twists even.

Please look over the menu/details below. If you are old enough to remember eating a Denco's Darlin' back in the day, or are too young but would like to discover the greatness that is/was the Darlin', we'll be offering them as part of the tailgate menu. Since it's traditional to do critter chili on the final tailgate weekend we will have some of Momma's "pull dad's finger nukular chili" as well. I'm supposing we'll also have the regular biscuits and gravy, etc. as well.

****IMPORTANT**** The drawing for the very cool Sooner memorabilia that Sir Oklahomey has been running all year will take place at 10am sharp. Winners may pick up their prizes then - or up to ONE hour after the game. If you win and you're not there we will be sending your prize/s through the good, ol' U.S. Mail. We do prefer that you're there though cause it's a lot more fun that way.

We still have a couple parking spots available so if you want one, peem me ASAP. Here's the details for this weekend's old-school breakfast partay:

What: OU vs. ISU Tailgate Party

Where: Northwest corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the parking lot immediately West of the Casa Blanca building. Look for the white canopies. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...5c7d5a63&msa=0

When: Saturday, November 26. Food will be served beginning at ~8:30ish. First come, first served while supplies last.

Who: You. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Cost: Free. There is a tip jar for donations if you'd like to help out, and Oklahomey will be there selling raffle tickets for very cool OU memorabilia. This is the LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS!!. Don't miss out.

Menu: Darlin's! Homemade elk/deer Chili! Maybe even a special appearance by a special chef cooking who knows what? We'll be attempting to adhere to the original Darlin' recipe as much as possible. Yes, we have elbow macaroni. Yes, we have greasy chili. Yes, we have greasy cheese. Yes, we have lettuce (for those that like em' that way). Yes, we have eggs cooked to order. Yes, we have Green Goddess dressing. Please feel free to bring something to share if you feel so inclined. Donuts, etc. would be very welcome.

Beverages: The usual. Dos Equis, Modelo, Pacifico, Newcastle, Guinness, Bitburger, and a few others. Also plenty of canned domestic beer for those that like it. We'll also have the mini-bar available. Please feel free to bring a special beer or beverage to share if you'd like. I believe we'll have Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers as well.

TV: High-def satellite TV to watch the crappy-assed Game Day bullcrap.

Facilities: His and her porta potties will be on site. Guys, do NOT pee in the girl's potty. Momma will have your *** if you do. Also, please refrain from throwing beer cans and bottles into the turlets. THIS INCLUDES THE URINAL.

yermom
11/16/2011, 07:02 PM
i <3 you Dean

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 07:07 PM
Well, let's be honest. Who doesn't?

Heh. Anyhow, I forgot to mention that GHP will be bringing his special brew that he made for this final tailgate and that PG's hubby will be singing the National Anthem at the game too.

btk108
11/16/2011, 07:17 PM
Well, let's be honest. Who doesn't?

Heh. Anyhow, I forgot to mention that GHP will be bringing his special brew that he made for this final tailgate and that PG's hubby will be singing the National Anthem at the game too.

He already has his own thread at the Hideout, with a question enquiring minds want to know the answer to.

btk108
11/16/2011, 07:22 PM
Deano.......can't make this one. As far as all the prizes I'm going to win, is Homey going to pick a prize and then a name? Or do the lucky attendees at the TG who MIGHT sneak one by me get to choose from the entire lot of the cornucopia?

Yes, I said...CORNUCOPIA

olevetonahill
11/16/2011, 07:23 PM
He already has his own thread at the Hideout, with a question enquiring minds want to know the answer to.

:shame::D

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 07:26 PM
If I recall (and Homey will have to substantiate) correctly the winner (if present) gets to pick the prize of their choice. Where it begins to get fuzzy is if the winner isn't there. Homey?

btk108
11/16/2011, 07:28 PM
OK....pretend I am there and laying claim to the helmet.

Lott's Bandana
11/16/2011, 07:35 PM
I am soooo into the Darlin' flashback.

Will there be Green Goddess dressing? If not, where can I find the dang stuff?

olevetonahill
11/16/2011, 07:41 PM
I am soooo into the Darlin' flashback.

Will there be Green Goddess dressing? If not, where can I find the dang stuff?
Readin compression , You needs it :D

Menu: Darlin's! Homemade elk/deer Chili! Maybe even a special appearance by a special chef cooking who knows what? We'll be attempting to adhere to the original Darlin' recipe as much as possible. Yes, we have elbow macaroni. Yes, we have greasy chili. Yes, we have greasy cheese. Yes, we have lettuce (for those that like em' that way). Yes, we have eggs cooked to order. Yes, we have Green Goddess dressing. Please feel free to bring something to share if you feel so inclined. Donuts, etc. would be very welcome.

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 08:14 PM
Dang, Lott don't read so well.

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 08:15 PM
Oh yeah, speaking of Operaman (I hope it's OK Jess & Will):

hiCH4EK82U0

Dude has him some muh****in' pipes, no?

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 08:18 PM
Watch him nail it at the 2:40 mark or so.

Lott's Bandana
11/16/2011, 08:30 PM
Didn't have mi reedin glassas.

olevetonahill
11/16/2011, 08:40 PM
Dint under stand a dayum word of it , But enjoyed it anyway

olevetonahill
11/16/2011, 08:40 PM
Didn't have mi reedin glassas.
Heh

Scott D
11/16/2011, 09:27 PM
Maybe even a special appearance by a special chef cooking who knows what?

I ain't cookin' a muh****in' thing muh****a :D

StoopTroup
11/16/2011, 09:54 PM
Will and Jessica....

Two of the nicest people I've ever had the opportunity to meet. Will has sang a few times for us at the TGs and he is amazing. The World is a better place with folks like them.

I look forward to Will's Performance of the National Anthem. That will be a great day.

GO WILL!

Also Dean....Put me and the Wife down for a Parking Spot if you would. TIA Greg

btk108
11/16/2011, 10:43 PM
Will and Jessica....

Two of the nicest people I've ever had the opportunity to meet. Will has sang a few times for us at the TGs and he is amazing. The World is a better place with folks like them.

I look forward to Will's Performance of the National Anthem. That will be a great day.

GO WILL!

Also Dean....Put me and the Wife down for a Parking Spot if you would. TIA Greg

Sun Dried Tomato Quiche? Send me some!

Okla-homey
11/17/2011, 07:00 AM
If I recall (and Homey will have to substantiate) correctly the winner (if present) gets to pick the prize of their choice. Where it begins to get fuzzy is if the winner isn't there. Homey?

Each prize will be assigned a number. If a winner isn't present, we will have a mini-drawing from among the prize numbers to see what that person won. That's the fairest way I know to do it.

Oh, and one more way we'll be kickin' it old skool: PG will draw the winners, just as she did at the very first raffle drawing for a Ruf-Nek shotgun many moons ago when she was just an innocent young co-ed at OU.

btk108
11/17/2011, 10:07 AM
Each prize will be assigned a number. If a winner isn't present, we will have a mini-drawing from among the prize numbers to see what that person won. That's the fairest way I know to do it.

Oh, and one more way we'll be kickin' it old skool: PG will draw the winners, just as she did at the very first raffle drawing for a Ruf-Nek shotgun many moons ago when she was just an innocent young co-ed at OU.

You are in deep doo now, buddy.

OUthunder
11/20/2011, 07:30 PM
In.

StoopTroup
11/20/2011, 07:37 PM
Sun Dried Tomato Quiche? Send me some!

Gonna discuss bringing some this weekend. T is saying she wants us to come down the night before and then go Home after the TG or maybe Stay. We will see.

proud gonzo
11/26/2011, 12:17 AM
He already has his own thread at the Hideout, with a question enquiring minds want to know the answer to. I don't think I'm even registered at the Hideout. What's the question?

proud gonzo
11/26/2011, 01:13 AM
Sadly, I won't be able to do the drawing. Because Operaman is singing the Anthem, we have to go into the stadium at 9:30. We'll be making a brief appearance at the tailgate for breakfast and possibly returning during the game, but I won't be there at 10. Maybe GHP can do the drawing in my stead.

proud gonzo
11/26/2011, 01:17 AM
Oh yeah, speaking of Operaman (I hope it's OK Jess & Will):

Dude has him some muh****in' pipes, no? ...and he sounds better than that now... :D

olevetonahill
11/26/2011, 09:34 AM
...and he sounds better than that now... :D

Hope to see ya both at the TG

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/26/2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the hospitality again this season! I know you guys work your asses off to make sure we are entertained each week. The elk chili was fantastic.

Lott's Bandana
11/26/2011, 07:29 PM
Just another fantastic day at Boyd and Jenkins. The omelette bar was a great idea I got my first Darlin in 30 years.

I will miss the TGs as much as I'll miss the home games. Next year can't get here fast enough.

Proud to be associated with all of you. Even Dougie.

Scott D
11/26/2011, 08:17 PM
I was glad to meet more than a few of you today. And see, I really do exist, and I don't have to have a carpet cleaning company :)

Turd_Ferguson
11/26/2011, 09:04 PM
I was glad to meet more than a few of you today. And see, I really do exist, and I don't have to have a carpet cleaning company :)It was nice to meet ya brother

proud gonzo
11/26/2011, 11:59 PM
Damn it, sorry I missed you, Scott D. Glad to see the people I got to see today. The omelettes and chili were awesome. Thanks to Lisa for hanging on to GHP's tickets for me.

Hopefully next season we'll be able to show up a little more often. Also, thanks for all the awesome comments about Will's National Anthem. I've been talking about the Pride and football since we met, and he always thought I was just a little bit obsessive and crazy about my school spirit. Today after his first time on Owen Field, his national anthem, and sitting in front of the Pride for a quarter (which was all I could stand the cold), Will said, "Okay, now I get it." Mission accomplished. I have successfully brainwashed my husband. :D