PDA

View Full Version : RETRO OU/ISU TAILGATE!!

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 06:57 PM
I normally don't post the next tailgate party details until the week before the game; however, I'm going to break my own rule for the final SF.com tailgate of the year.

As you all know, this will be our first morning tailgate since a couple years ago, and those that used to come back then remember the breakfast deal we used to do. This year, we're gonna bring back the breakfast in a great/retro way. Certainly. With a couple twists even.

Please look over the menu/details below. If you are old enough to remember eating a Denco's Darlin' back in the day, or are too young but would like to discover the greatness that is/was the Darlin', we'll be offering them as part of the tailgate menu. Since it's traditional to do critter chili on the final tailgate weekend we will have some of Momma's "pull dad's finger nukular chili" as well. I'm supposing we'll also have the regular biscuits and gravy, etc. as well.

****IMPORTANT**** The drawing for the very cool Sooner memorabilia that Sir Oklahomey has been running all year will take place at 10am sharp. Winners may pick up their prizes then - or up to ONE hour after the game. If you win and you're not there we will be sending your prize/s through the good, ol' U.S. Mail. We do prefer that you're there though cause it's a lot more fun that way.

We still have a couple parking spots available so if you want one, peem me ASAP. Here's the details for this weekend's old-school breakfast partay:

What: OU vs. ISU Tailgate Party

Where: Northwest corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the parking lot immediately West of the Casa Blanca building. Look for the white canopies. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...5c7d5a63&msa=0

When: Saturday, November 26. Food will be served beginning at ~8:30ish. First come, first served while supplies last.

Who: You. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Cost: Free. There is a tip jar for donations if you'd like to help out, and Oklahomey will be there selling raffle tickets for very cool OU memorabilia. This is the LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS!!. Don't miss out.

Menu: Darlin's! Homemade elk/deer Chili! Maybe even a special appearance by a special chef cooking who knows what? We'll be attempting to adhere to the original Darlin' recipe as much as possible. Yes, we have elbow macaroni. Yes, we have greasy chili. Yes, we have greasy cheese. Yes, we have lettuce (for those that like em' that way). Yes, we have eggs cooked to order. Yes, we have Green Goddess dressing. Please feel free to bring something to share if you feel so inclined. Donuts, etc. would be very welcome.

Beverages: The usual. Dos Equis, Modelo, Pacifico, Newcastle, Guinness, Bitburger, and a few others. Also plenty of canned domestic beer for those that like it. We'll also have the mini-bar available. Please feel free to bring a special beer or beverage to share if you'd like. I believe we'll have Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers as well.

TV: High-def satellite TV to watch the crappy-assed Game Day bullcrap.

Facilities: His and her porta potties will be on site. Guys, do NOT pee in the girl's potty. Momma will have your *** if you do. Also, please refrain from throwing beer cans and bottles into the turlets. THIS INCLUDES THE URINAL.

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah, and don't forget that Proud Gonzo's uber-talented hubby Operaman will be singing the National Anthem before the game. Don't miss it.

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 07:05 PM
Dammit, I forgot about Proud Gonzo's uber-talented brother GHP will be bringing some of his very special homemade beer (the name of which escapes me) that he made special for this final tailgate. I know it's an Irish Red, but I don't know what name he finally settled on. Help?

btk108
11/16/2011, 07:29 PM
Pretty sure there is a thread.......I'm too lazy to search it....post the details here. :star:

olevetonahill
11/16/2011, 07:36 PM
Here ya Go Dean

Decision made! 6 gallons (give or take) of #8 Red will be ready for the Iowegia State tailgate Thanksgiving weekend.

Since PG's opera man will be singing the national anthem that game, and since it's the last game of the year it should be the chili tailgate unless I'm mistaken... it should be a good day for beer.

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife. :)

btk108
11/16/2011, 07:39 PM
Here ya Go Dean

Butt kisser

olevetonahill
11/16/2011, 07:48 PM
Butt kisser

Yup thats me just a big ole asskisser

BHB 91
11/16/2011, 08:57 PM
Mmmmm Darlins. I bet a mimosa or bloody mary might go well with that, too. You know, before the beer drinkin.

salth2o
11/17/2011, 12:05 AM
You better fix them egg's right...

uc3SEBA-9nU

SoonerLaw09
11/17/2011, 09:16 AM
Mmmmm Darlins. I bet a mimosa or bloody mary might go well with that, too. You know, before the beer drinkin.

I haven't made it to a tailgate yet, and I can't this time either, bummer. 'Course, I don't have tickets anymore, had to give them up due to financial issues. I never had a Denco Darlin' for real, but they've been described to me, and it sounds like just about the most allsome breakfast food ever devised. Shame I'll miss it.

crappy-assed Game Day bullcrap

Troof. And BTW I have never had the desire to pee in the girl's turlet. Does this make me werid?

sooneron
11/17/2011, 10:39 AM
Also, please refrain from throwing beer cans and bottles into the turlets. THIS INCLUDES THE URINAL.

F'in hillbillies! :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/17/2011, 10:43 AM
I'm bringing sausage, cheese muffins. These are like sausage balls (heh) except in a muffin form.

soonergirlNeugene
11/17/2011, 08:55 PM
Ok, you have me intrigued. Would you mind sharing what goes into a "Denco's Darlin" for those of us who have the misfortune to no longer live in Oklahoma? I wanna know what I'm missing!

salth2o
11/17/2011, 10:41 PM
Ok, you have me intrigued. Would you mind sharing what goes into a "Denco's Darlin" for those of us who have the misfortune to no longer live in Oklahoma? I wanna know what I'm missing!

http://myblueplatespecial.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/slide1.jpg
http://myblueplatespecial.wordpress.com/2008/02/24/denco-darlin/

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 09:12 AM
That's about as much a Darlin' as the dump I took this morning. Spaghetti and meat sauce? WTF?

btk108
11/18/2011, 09:19 AM
Thank god....I was beginning to wonder if you people had lost your mind. Eggs on spaghetti?

olevetonahill
11/18/2011, 09:26 AM
I were gonna say "Ill pass"
What the hell is a Darlin. fer those of us who aint got a clue?

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 09:35 AM
Elbow macaroni, covered with greasy chili, covered with greasy cheese, topped with an egg or 6 of your choice, all doused in Green Goddess dressing. Some folks like to put lettuce on there too. Lots of folks ordered them with "two lookin' at ya" which was sunny-side up. You could get them cooked any way you wanted.

olevetonahill
11/18/2011, 09:47 AM
Elbow macaroni, covered with greasy chili, covered with greasy cheese, topped with an egg or 6 of your choice, all doused in Green Goddess dressing. Some folks like to put lettuce on there too. Lots of folks ordered them with "two lookin' at ya" which was sunny-side up. You could get them cooked any way you wanted.

Sounds Good

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 09:47 AM
Are good.

Lott's Bandana
11/18/2011, 09:52 AM
Don't forget about taking the basket of chips and crunching them into the mix!

(or did you say that already and I missed it again)

olevetonahill
11/18/2011, 09:52 AM
Believe Ill have one . see ya there

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 10:00 AM
Don't forget about taking the basket of chips and crunching them into the mix!

(or did you say that already and I missed it again)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the tortilla chips too. If I recall correctly, didn't some folks order things like enchiladas "darlin' style?"

Lott's Bandana
11/18/2011, 10:03 AM
Hellifiknow...I was drunk.

olevetonahill
11/18/2011, 10:07 AM
Hellifiknow...I was drunk.
Heh

kbsooner21
11/18/2011, 10:12 AM
What is the Green Goddess salad dressing?

SoonerLaw09
11/18/2011, 10:19 AM
What is the Green Goddess salad dressing?

Sort of a creamy Ranch-Italian hybrid with anchovies.

Lott's Bandana
11/18/2011, 10:29 AM
Looks like liquid guacamole.

btk108
11/18/2011, 11:04 AM
Looks like liquid guacamole.

OH....that's gonna sit well with the OVJ

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 11:58 AM
OH....that's gonna sit well with the OVJ

Green Goddess + greasy chili + OVJ = the only place you can find the color burnt orange in nature. In the porta-terlet.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/18/2011, 12:04 PM
Is the chili going to be greasier than Lisa normally makes it? Hers usually isn't very greasy, which is a good thing.

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 12:06 PM
Is the chili going to be greasier than Lisa normally makes it? Hers usually isn't very greasy, which is a good thing.

There will be some meat-only Darlin' chili, and then some of her regular chili - which is not greasy because it's made from wild game.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 12:17 PM
Guess someone should bring some Souped Up Spicy Deviled Eggs....lol

soonergirlNeugene
11/18/2011, 03:01 PM

That sounds....rather insane!
Pics or it never happened.

StoopTroup
11/18/2011, 03:07 PM
Who would take pics while trying to do that? Video Maybe....:D

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 03:08 PM
That sounds....rather insane!
Pics or it never happened.

Pics there shall be.

SoonerLaw09
11/18/2011, 03:10 PM
Guess someone should bring some Souped Up Spicy Deviled Eggs....lol

Dude, if I could be there I would. I make teh allsome cajun deviled eggs. Gotta be out of town tho.

SoonerLaw09
11/18/2011, 03:10 PM
Green Goddess + greasy chili + OVJ = the only place you can find the color burnt orange in nature. In the porta-terlet.

Better rent extra turlets then. :P

SoonerLaw09
11/18/2011, 03:12 PM
There will be some meat-only Darlin' chili, and then some of her regular chili - which is not greasy because it's made from wild game.

Deer chili and sausage are just about the finest food God ever created. Top 5 for sure. Shrimp creole might be No. 1, but I digress...

A friend of my Dad's once offered me opossum chili, but I declined. You never know where those rascals have been.

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2011, 05:27 PM
And you guys thought you would make it a whole season without seeing my ugly mug. The Mrs and I will be there, and barring a cold snap, out little guy as well. This would be his first game, and he's got it down so far:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9026/photoblf.jpg

SoonerLaw09
11/18/2011, 05:52 PM
And you guys thought you would make it a whole season without seeing my ugly mug. The Mrs and I will be there, and barring a cold snap, out little guy as well. This would be his first game, and he's got it down so far:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9026/photoblf.jpg

Your boy is just about as allsomely good lookin as mine. Tell him to enjoy himself and yell loud! And buy him hotdogs and M&Ms. :)

C&CDean
11/18/2011, 06:20 PM
Good thing he looks like his pretty momma and not your mug.

Peach Fuzz
11/20/2011, 04:14 PM
I think you should have waited to make the announcement :crushed:

GottaHavePride
11/21/2011, 08:57 AM
In light of current events, the beer is now just going to be called the Big Red Beer.

;)

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2011, 10:12 AM
SAVE ME ONE!

Phil
11/23/2011, 10:22 AM
News last night said gametime weather = 45 degrees, 40-50 mph wind. Yikes.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2011, 10:29 AM
dear..lowered

Mississippi Sooner
11/23/2011, 10:31 AM
Says about the same thing on weather.com. Can't say I'm sorry to be missing this one.

Lott's Bandana
11/23/2011, 11:34 AM
Good thing I'm scootin' north/south. Oy vay.

colleyvillesooner
11/23/2011, 11:42 AM
the one game i can make.

Looks like I'll be sans wife and little boy with that weather.

Don't think the winds will be that high, but that temp sounds right. You still got those heaters Dean?

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 12:05 PM
Good thing he looks like his pretty momma and not your mug.

You do know that little boys don't much like being called a Mama's Boy. You should probably stop that right now before he leaves SoonerFans for LTs. :D ;)

colleyvillesooner
11/23/2011, 12:23 PM
And not get to read all the stuff the monrons here post? Yeah right.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 12:37 PM
lol

I'm gonna bring my Son and a football. Maybe they can toss the ball for a little while.

colleyvillesooner
11/23/2011, 12:59 PM
You must have missed my post above, he wont be coming with the weather being that cold. Looks like his Momma is staying behind too. I'm still planning on coming though. Dean keep some coke on hand for me to ruin your whiskey with. ;)

Edit: Man these new smilies are lame.

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 04:51 PM
You must have missed my post above, he wont be coming with the weather being that cold. Looks like his Momma is staying behind too. I'm still planning on coming though. Dean keep some coke on hand for me to ruin your whiskey with. ;)

Edit: Man these new smilies are lame.

Yeah I did. Well darn. I'll let my boy know when he gets down there. He was kind of Psyched. He plays catch with our Neighbor's Boy across the Street but he's an oSu Fan. They are good friends and some how work the OU - oSu thing out. Someday my Son will get him a job in the mail room and take care of him because of the old days. :D ;)

Hope he gets to feeling better Colley

btk108
11/23/2011, 07:41 PM

Riding in a crosswind is a beeyotch........

StoopTroup
11/23/2011, 07:52 PM

Are you coming tomorrow? I have a big Roll of bubble Wrap we can use for anything made of glass. :D ;)

btk108
11/23/2011, 09:16 PM
heh...smart ***. Nope, gotta workie. Tell Matt to have a shot of OVJ for me.

StoopTroup
11/24/2011, 11:17 AM
lol.....Sorry ya gotta work.

Lott's Bandana
11/24/2011, 06:04 PM

Spesh when you're built like a sail.

StoopTroup
11/24/2011, 06:57 PM
Or your Bike has these wheels.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/3739/harleydavidson_vrsca_vrod_2004_2.jpg

StoopTroup
11/26/2011, 04:50 PM
Wow! What a Weekend! Got a pic of my Son with Stoops. Brent Venables held ISU to 6 points. I drank a few beers in a real bar like Adults with an Old Vet who almost knows as much about football as me. :D ;). Got up early got breakfast and made it to the game with the Family after hanging out at the TG.

Thing about the TG was we won a really nice Sam Bradford framed and matted triple photo piece and when I got to pic the Sam Bradford out for my Son, Homey and Dean tell me the AD framed triple Photo is part of the deal so my boy will have a picture of Bob Stoops and him, Sam, AD and Billy Sims. He's gonna have one of the coolest 9 year old Boys Bedroom I've ever seen.

Thanks to Homey, Dean and his fantastic Wife, Phil and SFs and OldVet for one of the best trip to Norman we've had in a very long time.

The Sooners beat the Cowboy Killas 26-6 in some drizzly toe numbing weather to Top it off. Lots of wind and zero sunshine but there seemed to be some Sooner Magic in the air for StoopTroup and Family.

Hope everyone had a great time. I know we did.

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

Declan McManus
11/26/2011, 11:36 PM
In light of current events, the beer is now just going to be called the Big Red Beer.

;)

'Twas quite tasty.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2011, 12:32 AM

;)

***Beer***

soonerbrat
11/27/2011, 11:14 AM
i'm sad I missed it...see y'all next year

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 06:11 PM
It was a good tailgate. Cold, windy, but the GHP beer, Darlins, omelettes, biscuits and gravy, and chili were all good.

Hope everyone had a good time this year. Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, we'll see you next year.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the Hospitality Dean. It was a terrific way to end a Season that we all had hoped would be better.

Still....we did it humbly and we did it against a Team that the cowgirls couldn't beat.

This next game is gonna be awesome. It's to bad the Big XII Stole this game from us. I hope we shove it down their throats.

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 07:06 PM
Too bad we don't do a Stoolie tailgate. It'd be epic.

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2011, 08:41 PM
Has a good time during my short stay. Darlin' was awesome, Boarder and Lisa were great chefs, and Dean, as always, let me ruin some his liquor with my mixers.

Also, found out I not only live in the same town as instigator, but damn near in the same neighborhood. Small world.

GottaHavePride
11/27/2011, 08:54 PM
That was fun! Next season I'll aim for a tailgate earlier in the year. I'll decide later if I should repeat this beer or bring a different type. Hot weather might be good for an IPA.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 08:55 PM
I was amused by the beer geek talk. "Kinda hoppy, but good..." What the **** ever. I had one tonight EJ, and it was good beer. Hoppy? Whoever.

GottaHavePride
11/27/2011, 08:59 PM
Glad you liked it, Dean! That's the important bit.

C&CDean
11/27/2011, 09:00 PM
I'm just pissed you only gave Lisa 2.

GottaHavePride
11/27/2011, 09:03 PM
Well hell, I've still got a bunch here at the house. Want me to ship you some?

And my girlfriend says someone thought she was Lisa when they came by to pick up their raffle prize after the game. Heh.

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:12 PM
Too bad we don't do a Stoolie tailgate. It'd be epic.

Maybe we should. We might not get in but at least we'd represent. We can all watch on TV. Hell.....I'd go. The ****sticks that run the ticket policy there deserve to have 80,000 OU Fans come to Town with Bag Lunches and leave a mess. We could empty the ****ters from the ISU game there before we leave. :D

StoopTroup
11/27/2011, 09:14 PM
Has a good time during my short stay. Darlin' was awesome, Boarder and Lisa were great chefs, and Dean, as always, let me ruin some his liquor with my mixers.

Also, found out I not only live in the same town as instigator, but damn near in the same neighborhood. Small world.

It was good to see you Brother. Good Times.

RacerX
12/3/2011, 03:21 PM

Took me a while to remember to get these off of my phone.