PDA

View Full Version : Capel new job?

Sooner95
11/15/2011, 07:18 PM
Maybe I missed it, and most won't give a crap..lol Jeff capel is on Dukees bench. saw him on tv in tonight Mich St/Duke game.

oumartin
11/15/2011, 09:55 PM
old news... got hired by coach k about 5 minutes after he got canned at OU

nighttrain12
11/15/2011, 10:47 PM
old news... got hired by coach k about 5 minutes after he got canned at OU

Yeah, I heard he was a great recruiter ... oh wait, that was John Blake, never mind.

Sooner95
11/16/2011, 07:18 AM
Ah ok, I missed it then. Thx

Soonerjeepman
11/16/2011, 02:18 PM
so does OU get it's 1.75 million back? since he has a job and all....and got us 3 yrs probation and loss of a ship...?

I wish schools would sue the coaches that do this for their money back...can't believe OU didn't have ANYTHING in the contract about NCAA especially right after Sampson...

badger
11/16/2011, 03:20 PM
so does OU get it's 1.75 million back? since he has a job and all....and got us 3 yrs probation and loss of a ship...?

I wish schools would sue the coaches that do this for their money back...can't believe OU didn't have ANYTHING in the contract about NCAA especially right after Sampson...

It's not that we didn't have anything in writing... it's that we probably don't care and just wanted him gone.

I would love it if an alum that cared deeply about OU basketball sued Capel, similar to what the Memphis lawyer fans did to Calipari and Rose.

Link (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/oct/06/deal-put-price-tag-memphis-tiger-disgrace/)

I think Calipari and Rose both settled out of court with donations to Memphis scholarship funds.

The problem such a lawsuit against Capel might bring is that Rose and Calipari didn't have time to fight a suit. Capel, being the worthless bum on Coach K's coaching bench that he is (does anyone seriously think he's going to help Duke win more than Coach K would have won anyway without him? no, didn't think so), would probably fight.

We'd do the rest of the country a favor though: Nobody'd hire him so long as he was involved in litigation.