PDA

View Full Version : OU/Baylor ABC Coverage Map

8timechamps
11/15/2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone know if ABC has released the coverage map for Saturday? It's listed as a regional game.

The Maestro
11/15/2011, 05:48 PM
Usually Wednesday or Thursday. If you are still in Denver, you are in Pac 12 country...USC at Oregon, in other words. Prepare to pay $25 for Gameplan.

olevetonahill
11/15/2011, 05:48 PM
Think they put em out wednesday evenin

8timechamps
11/15/2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys.

Looks like another ESPN3 game for me.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/15/2011, 05:51 PM
Usually Wednesday or Thursday. If you are still in Denver, you are in Pac 12 country...USC at Oregon, in other words. Prepare to pay $25 for Gameplan.

sounds like espn 3 on the computer for me

cvsooner
11/15/2011, 05:52 PM
Ditto.

OrlandoSooner
11/15/2011, 06:20 PM
As everyone has said, it is normally after 5PM on Wednesday.

I'm eager to see the map. I'm in FL which is a long way from Oregon/USC, but I'm guessing that Oregon/USC has more national appeal than OU/Baylor. I wonder which one I'll get.

I can see the Big 12 area getting OU/Baylor with the rest of the nation getting the Pac 12 game. I can also see West of the Rockies getting Oregon/USC with Big 12 country and East getting OU/Baylor. I'm hoping for the latter.

One thing going for OU is that Oregon was on last week. Hopefully

OrlandoSooner
11/15/2011, 06:22 PM
With Gameday being in Houston, it will be easy to get Kirk over to Waco for the main Primetime game on ABC. Hoping for OU coverage on the East coast.

olevetonahill
11/15/2011, 06:42 PM
Dont be so dayum Cheap. Yall just order it off Game Plan

OrlandoSooner
11/15/2011, 07:32 PM

Less about being cheap and more about the quality of the feed. I'd rather watch in HD on my bigscreen than on my laptop or a SD broadcast on Gameplan.

Sooner95
11/15/2011, 08:06 PM
Yea, i've never seen them released before weds.

just keep checking this link and refresh when needed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=coveragemaps2011

cvsooner
11/15/2011, 08:37 PM
Dont be so dayum Cheap. Yall just order it off Game PlanCan't order it off GamePlan. I have a TiVo HD, which with my cable company means I can't do any kind of pay per view. So...espn3 for me. And as someone else noted, I can hook my notebook up to my LED tv with HDMI and it's better than GamePlan's SD feed.

Indy Sooner
11/15/2011, 09:38 PM
Less about being cheap and more about the quality of the feed. I'd rather watch in HD on my bigscreen than on my laptop or a SD broadcast on Gameplan.

Precisely.

bluedogok
11/15/2011, 09:53 PM
If I had my Directv here in Denver, I would get Gameplan, and probably will next season but right now I am stuck with my friends Xfinity and don't want to do any PPV on his account. My wife is going to be in town this weekend so we will probably go to the OU Club of Colorado watch party.

Seamus
11/15/2011, 10:12 PM

Wife just got laid off after 18 years.

"Cheap" doesn't ****ing enter into the conversation.

aurorasooner
11/15/2011, 10:22 PM
Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
Dont be so dayum Cheap. Yall just order it off Game Plan The question I have is, Does the University of Oklahoma get any % of the GP windfall, or does the mouse just get keep all that extra money besides their regular regional payout to the University?
I would order off GP if OU gets a decent part of this "imo extra tax" when there are plenty of unused cable stations that we already pay increasingly high rates for, which are mostly broadcasting crap (their news channel & their classic channel for instance) which could be used to reverse mirror the game outside their regional coverage. Not to mention the local ABC broadcast sub-channels (most metro areas have at least 2, ours has 3, which could be paid for by ad dollars a portion which would go to the local affiliate).
I hate this regional/GP crap, & the more individual viewers they pull in, the more they'll put those fans game on GP in an ever increasing area. They're as (or more) greedy than the whorns, imo, & I would rather support my local watering hole than support them directly. (or make other arrangements to watch it).
Disney Earnings Jump in Fourth Quarter
Updated: Big gains in broadcasting and cable
By Jon Lafayette -- Broadcasting & Cable, 11/10/2011 4:40:22 PMhttp://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/476554-Disney_Earnings_Jump_in_Fourth_Quarter.php

DenverSooner751
11/15/2011, 10:44 PM
Bluedog.....looks like i'll be at the watch party with the ladyfriend. Let me know if you are going, would love to connect with some sf.com folks!

colinreturn
11/15/2011, 11:01 PM
the506.com is a gem of a website. They have all maps posted right when they are released plus a very organized chart of games, broadcasters, etc. Also awesome for NFL.

WA. Sooner
11/16/2011, 03:01 AM
I have been pleasantly surprise at the quality of espn3 on the xbox 360. I am able to order gameplan with my Tivo HD on comcast but why pay the 25.00 when the espn3 on xbox is just as good if not better? I recieved it in hd for tech and am

Mississippi Sooner
11/16/2011, 09:10 AM
Since the USC-Oregon game is the only other one ABC is showing at that time, I'd be surprised if anyone outside of Pac-12 country gets any other game but ours. Then again, it is USC, and ABC still seems to believe the whole country loves that team for some reason.

Sooner in Tampa
11/16/2011, 09:58 AM
As everyone has said, it is normally after 5PM on Wednesday.

I'm eager to see the map. I'm in FL which is a long way from Oregon/USC, but I'm guessing that Oregon/USC has more national appeal than OU/Baylor. I wonder which one I'll get.

I can see the Big 12 area getting OU/Baylor with the rest of the nation getting the Pac 12 game. I can also see West of the Rockies getting Oregon/USC with Big 12 country and East getting OU/Baylor. I'm hoping for the latter.

One thing going for OU is that Oregon was on last week. Hopefully

I will be SHOCKED if we don't get the game on ABC!!

JLEW1818
11/16/2011, 12:05 PM
ahh still nothing

SoonerNomad
11/16/2011, 12:13 PM
I have ESPN gameplan on directv and have been very disappointed. Watched both the Tech game and the A&M game in non-HD. Sounds like I will be doing that again this week. What is bad, is not only it is not in HD, but since the game is shot in HD, then the non HD presentation is blurry and oversized. You can' only see the top third of scoreboard on the bottom of the screen. Very disappointing. I have a nice HD television and I am paying extra money for games I wouldn't otherwise see, but the picture is awful.

JLEW1818
11/16/2011, 12:13 PM
USC should not be allowed to be on tv

SoonerJack
11/16/2011, 01:38 PM
USC should not be allowed to be on tv

^this

trey
11/16/2011, 01:53 PM
I have ESPN gameplan on directv and have been very disappointed. Watched both the Tech game and the A&M game in non-HD. Sounds like I will be doing that again this week. What is bad, is not only it is not in HD, but since the game is shot in HD, then the non HD presentation is blurry and oversized. You can' only see the top third of scoreboard on the bottom of the screen. Very disappointing. I have a nice HD television and I am paying extra money for games I wouldn't otherwise see, but the picture is awful.

i'm in the same boat. it pisses me off that espn gameplan doesn't show games in HD.

cvsooner
11/16/2011, 03:19 PM
espn3 has really been pretty good, all in all, with the only drawback being connection speeds and broadband limitations.

LASooner
11/16/2011, 04:14 PM
During the Texas A&M game ESPN3 blacked me out so I ended up having to watch it on Gameplan in SD

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcd1vaizMW1qe0eclo1_r7_500.gif

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2011, 05:27 PM
I fully expect to get shafted again this week against Baylor.

At least it's only $25 on Gameplan.

5-0

SunnySooner
11/16/2011, 06:10 PM
We gotta East Coast/Left Coast/Flyover sammich thingy going here, folks. Weird.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/CF_Nov19.pdf

Blue
11/16/2011, 06:24 PM
Damnit.

OrlandoSooner
11/16/2011, 06:33 PM
We gotta East Coast/Left Coast/Flyover sammich thingy going here, folks. Weird.

=http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/CF_Nov19.pdf (http://=http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/CF_Nov19.pdf)

Exactly what I was afraid of. I asked 3 guys at work which game they would rather see. All said the Oregon/USC game based upon the names on the jerseys. Baylor may be a better opponent (higher ranked), but they have no credibility.

Lott's Bandana
11/16/2011, 06:36 PM
What? No Mushburger?

BB37
11/16/2011, 08:28 PM
Bummer. We're flying to Ontario CA Saturday afternoon. Gotta figure out how to get the radio on my cell.

VA Sooner
11/16/2011, 08:54 PM
Damn... USC vs Oregon here on the East coast... I wanted to see some of our new offensive wrinkles.

cccasooner2
11/16/2011, 09:46 PM
Thank gawd I'm in the tamater, I mean the tornater belt, smack dang in the middle of the USA (neglecting Hawaya and Seward's folly of course).

bluedogok
11/16/2011, 10:51 PM
Bummer. We're flying to Ontario CA Saturday afternoon. Gotta figure out how to get the radio on my cell.
Tune In Radio (http://tunein.com/)

I listened to the A&M game a couple of weeks ago using the website and the computer, I also have the ap downloaded for my Android phone.

Sinyeah12
11/17/2011, 02:15 PM
Thank god it's on in Omaha. I was afraid this year I would be stuck watching big ten games all year. Haven't had to miss a Sooner game all year.

Other than Ball State I guess.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 03:27 PM
If I had my Directv here in Denver, I would get Gameplan, and probably will next season but right now I am stuck with my friends Xfinity and don't want to do any PPV on his account. My wife is going to be in town this weekend so we will probably go to the OU Club of Colorado watch party.

If you don't watch with the OU club, you'll be able to get it on ESPN 3. If you're on facebook, check out the OU Club of Colorado page. I've been to quite a few of their watch parties, and they're always fun. Haven't been in a while, but it's always fun to watch the game with a bunch of Sooner fans.

LVSOONER15
11/17/2011, 03:30 PM
Glad to get it here in NM.

Sooner95
11/18/2011, 07:15 AM
Bunch of BS. Guess I'm listening to it on Sirius..

soonerboy_odanorth
11/18/2011, 11:30 AM
Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts... I... got... SCREWED!

Minnesota sucks. Oregon puffers and SUC. Great... just GREAT!

(Actually I have Gameplan, but Gameplan isn't high def.... so that sucks. Call me spoiled...)