PDA

View Full Version : Best Place for a Birthday -OKC

Ton Loc
11/15/2011, 03:07 PM
I have never had a party or anything for my wife. We usually just go out together, but not this year.
Apparently, grown *** women now need some sort of celebration/recognition in their honor so I will oblige...

Need some ideas for the best place to have a birthday party/dinner/get together for my wife.

Thanks

Peach Fuzz
11/15/2011, 03:11 PM
Can you be a little most specific as in: Food type, drinks?, dancing? Does she want to go out to a club?

Penguin
11/15/2011, 03:12 PM
Chuck E. Cheese will give you free tokens if it's your birthday.

Ton Loc
11/15/2011, 03:16 PM
Can you be a little most specific as in: Food type, drinks?, dancing? Does she want to go out to a club?

A place you can eat, drink, and be heard without screaming at each other for around 15 people (20 at most). Any type of food. Alcohol in those drinks. I'm sure we'll find our way to a bar or club after dinner.

Chuck E. Cheese will give you free tokens if it's your birthday.

I'm tempted (they do have beer), but the funny doesn't outweigh the wrath of the wife.

Viking Kitten
11/15/2011, 04:00 PM
A lot of restaurants have private rooms for parties, just call her favorite and see what they offer. Red Prime and the Melting Pot leap to mind as good choices, then you can easily bar hop in Bricktown from there.

jumperstop
11/15/2011, 04:04 PM
Shogun's is a nice place to eat and would be fun with all the hibachi stuff. It's kinda loud though and they can only fit 9-10 at a table.

kbsooner21
11/15/2011, 04:14 PM
Melting Pot will take a minimum 3-4 hours with a party that size. Just FYI.

Chelino's in Bricktown has a small room that with a party that size, they will probably give you the whole room if you request it.

Mahogany's has a room they can fit you in as well if you are looking for a more upscale dinner.

Like VK said, a lot of places will be as hospitable as possible if you just ask.

soonervegas
11/15/2011, 05:41 PM
NightTrips. Thank me later.....

Partial Qualifier
11/15/2011, 05:46 PM
NightTrips. Thank me later.....

It's less expensive than therapy....... and a HELL of a lot more fun!

8timechamps
11/15/2011, 05:52 PM
Gators....AND it's 18 & over!

Enjoy!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/15/2011, 06:18 PM
Rococo's - either location

Cafe Nova

Mickey Mantle's bar area

Deep Deuce

Iron Starr

Nonna's

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/15/2011, 06:19 PM
Edna's
Twin Peaks
Suger's

Viking Kitten
11/15/2011, 06:30 PM
Shogun's is a nice place to eat and would be fun with all the hibachi stuff. It's kinda loud though and they can only fit 9-10 at a table.

I personally love Shogun, and think it's a lot of fun. I guess some people think it's cheesy, but whatever. I've been to parties there with around 20 people, they are just sitting at the facing table in the same semi-private room, so everyone is still more or less together. I had my 40th birthday party there.

GDC
11/15/2011, 08:34 PM
XXXtasy Ranch

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/15/2011, 10:45 PM
I personally love Shogun, and think it's a lot of fun. I guess some people think it's cheesy, but whatever. I've been to parties there with around 20 people, they are just sitting at the facing table in the same semi-private room, so everyone is still more or less together. I had my 40th birthday party there.Good times.

Peach Fuzz
11/15/2011, 11:28 PM
Cafe du Brazil?

Mississippi Sooner
11/16/2011, 09:46 AM
I can't believe no one has said the best place for a birthday party in OKC is in Tulsa.

soonerbrat
11/16/2011, 10:04 AM
A lot of restaurants have private rooms for parties, just call her favorite and see what they offer. Red Prime and the Melting Pot leap to mind as good choices, then you can easily bar hop in Bricktown from there.

bricktown brewery has a party room too.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/16/2011, 11:24 AM
You might check with Nancy's Lighthouse. They do karaoke, but they also have private rooms. You could go from dinner to karaoke in a few steps,

jumperstop
11/16/2011, 12:15 PM

I personally love Shogun, and think it's a lot of fun. I guess some people think it's cheesy, but whatever. I've been to parties there with around 20 people, they are just sitting at the facing table in the same semi-private room, so everyone is still more or less together. I had my 40th birthday party there.
It's a little cheesy but fun for groups. I went there with like 6 people the other day and had a great time. Food was good too.

Ton Loc
11/16/2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone have a party at Musashi's? It's Shogun like, but my wife has always wanted to try it.

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 12:41 PM
I've eaten a couple times at Sake in Norman - which is I'm assuming like those other Japanese steak houses? It was pretty good - although the sushi is better at O's. If you're buying for everyone, those Japanese joints can get damned expensive. We had dinner for 6, with a couple beers and some sake and it was about $300.

Ton Loc
11/16/2011, 12:50 PM
I've eaten a couple times at Sake in Norman - which is I'm assuming like those other Japanese steak houses? It was pretty good - although the sushi is better at O's. If you're buying for everyone, those Japanese joints can get damned expensive. We had dinner for 6, with a couple beers and some sake and it was about $300.

Buying for everyone - not happening.

C&CDean
11/16/2011, 01:02 PM
So, what you're saying is that you're a cheap bastard...er I mean date.

Ton Loc
11/16/2011, 01:03 PM
So, what you're saying is that you're a cheap bastard...er I mean date.

Yes to both - and my friends know it.

Midtowner
11/16/2011, 01:20 PM
Anyone have a party at Musashi's? It's Shogun like, but my wife has always wanted to try it.

It's a bit more upscale than Shogun.

My rec which I have not heard here would be Paseo Grill. You'll need reservations though.

SoonerLaw09
11/16/2011, 01:43 PM
I'll add a second plug for Cafe do Brasil. That place is teh allsome. Not only the food, but the best service you can get outside of Ted's.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/17/2011, 07:31 AM
I had my bday party at Sauced on the Paseo this year. Cheap, good beer and decent pizza. They also have a private room.

soonerbrat
11/17/2011, 09:20 AM
I had my bday party at Sauced on the Paseo this year. Cheap, good beer and decent pizza. They also have a private room.

it was quite delicious. and followed by karaoke at the Saddleback, equally fun.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/17/2011, 10:41 AM
it was quite delicious. and followed by karaoke at the Saddleback, equally fun.Aw yeah!

I highly recommend Michael Murphy's Piano Bar for fun after dinner.

The Maestro
11/17/2011, 11:55 AM
Is Nikz at the Top still open or a new name to it? My wife and I used to love to go there...romantic, classy, good food and a great view.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/17/2011, 12:00 PM
Is Nikz at the Top still open or a new name to it? My wife and I used to love to go there...romantic, classy, good food and a great view.No. Now that building has fancy schmancy condos.

jumperstop
11/17/2011, 04:28 PM
I'll add a second plug for Cafe do Brasil. That place is teh allsome. Not only the food, but the best service you can get outside of Ted's.

Tarahumara's has the best service of any restaurant. My favorite Mexican besides Ted's

jumperstop
11/17/2011, 04:30 PM
Is Nikz at the Top still open or a new name to it? My wife and I used to love to go there...romantic, classy, good food and a great view.

I've heard they are putting a restaurant at the top of the new Devon Building. I would love to eat there for a nice romantic dinner. Probably too expensive for me though.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/17/2011, 08:56 PM
Tarahumara's has the best service of any restaurant. My favorite Mexican besides Ted'sI'm in the minoritay, but I've always considered Ted's kinda average & overpriced. Tarahumara's is top notch.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/17/2011, 09:15 PM
I'm in the minoritay, but I've always considered Ted's kinda average & overpriced. Tarahumara's is top notch.

Ted's sucks.

allanace16
11/17/2011, 11:23 PM
While I enjoy Cafe do Brasil, I will say that I think you have to be careful what you get there. The things that I've liked there I LOVE, and the things I didn't like I hated. That's a hard dichotomy to deal with considering the cost of a meal. That being said, I really enjoy drinking at their bar (Bossa Nova).

Another thought would be something in the Classen Curve area, the restaurants over there (Upper Crust, Matthew Kenney, RePUBlic, with Pearl's across the street) are all upscale and would seem to fit your criteria, plus you can walk from one to the other pretty easily if you wanted to switch locales (RePUBlic being an upscale bar/pub with the best drink selection, but good food too if you chose to eat there also).

In Bricktown, you could get a private room at Bourbon St., it's not too costly, and the food's pretty good, though I wouldn't call it excellent. Pearl's is the same kind of food and better, but costs more. Tradeoff. Speaking of which, Pearl's Crabtown is in Bricktown as well, but I haven't been in years, so I'd ask around a bit on that one, but I remember it being good the last time I went. Can't remember their large party seating either.

Hopefully that helps.

PS: Tarahumaras >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted's

Petro-Sooner
11/18/2011, 06:34 AM
Taramahuras is some good stuff!!! OKC has a cafe de brazil? Where is it located?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/24/2011, 09:51 PM
Cafe do Brazil is by McNellies.

Petro-Sooner
11/24/2011, 09:52 PM
Where is this mcnellies?

C&CDean
11/25/2011, 12:41 PM
In OKC. Pay attention.

Midtowner
11/25/2011, 01:27 PM
Taramahuras is some good stuff!!! OKC has a cafe de brazil? Where is it located?

Pretty sure it's not a chain.

Petro-Sooner
11/25/2011, 02:01 PM
Went ahead and googled it up. Turns out I've been there before. For some reason I was thinking okc had gotten a restaurant similar to fogo de chao.