PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on Penn State situation

badger
11/15/2011, 03:05 PM
I read this as kind of like "I will kick your arse if you lay a finger on either of my sons or daughter." :D

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=440&articleid=20111115_440_0_NORMAN938632)

His actual words were very Stoopsesque, though:

“I think it’s just always, regardless of circumstances, children should be protected at all costs by adults,” Stoops said. “And I’m not accusing, because a lot of this hasn’t been confirmed or a lot of this hasn’t been . . . convicted, prosecuted, whatever. I would just say if any of this is true, it’s absolutely horrific.

“And if anyone could have done anything about it — again, I say if — if anyone could have done something about it and knew, then it’s also horrific. And my initial thoughts, my focus when I think about it, it’s always centered on the children first. How this unfolds, we’ll see. But to me, that’s where everybody’s (thoughts), if any of it is true, it should be to them.”

He also talks about all the d@mn late games, coming off a bye week in practice RG3, etc.

OklahomaTuba
11/15/2011, 03:35 PM
And in a great way?

oumartin
11/15/2011, 04:06 PM
did he have anything to say about Tech handing it to him?

jumperstop
11/15/2011, 04:16 PM

No, but he did mention this jackass ou fan he keeps seeing on sf.com bashing his team worse than some trolls.....

stoops the eternal pimp
11/15/2011, 04:25 PM
jackass in a great way

delhalew
11/15/2011, 04:36 PM
It's ludicrous the amount of night games the guys had to play this year.

sooneron
11/15/2011, 05:03 PM
jackass in a great way
certainly.

85sooners
11/15/2011, 05:07 PM
Suk it martin

BeaSooner
11/15/2011, 05:25 PM

I don't mean to feed the jackass, but this did make me chuckle a little.

picasso
11/16/2011, 08:54 AM
I don't mean to feed the jackass, but this did make me chuckle a little.
Yes it's funny because there's such a correlation between what Stoops was talking about and our losing to Tech.
That was a knee slapper.

LSUdeek
11/16/2011, 01:36 PM
It's ludicrous the amount of night games the guys had to play this year.

Does not compute.

BeaSooner
11/16/2011, 01:49 PM
Yes it's funny because there's such a correlation between what Stoops was talking about and our losing to Tech.
That was a knee slapper.

More of a correlation than the thread title. He was afterall talking about OU football and specifically this season.

oumartin
11/16/2011, 03:10 PM
people shore due get up tight after a loss.

delhalew
11/16/2011, 05:16 PM
Does not compute.

Not everybody needs all day to get liquored up in order to come represent.

AlbqSooner
11/16/2011, 09:21 PM
people shore due get up tight after a loss.

The only thing that has me uptight about the Tech loss is your non-Sooner fan attitude. Go buy some freakin orange clothes.

picasso
11/16/2011, 11:36 PM
More of a correlation than the thread title. He was afterall talking about OU football and specifically this season.
I was joking.

oumartin
11/16/2011, 11:41 PM
The only thing that has me uptight about the Tech loss is your non-Sooner fan attitude. Go buy some freakin orange clothes.

I don't look good in orange..

btb916
11/17/2011, 12:39 AM
I don't look good in orange..

You don't look good in crimson either.

sooneredaco
11/17/2011, 01:20 AM
I look good naked

oudavid1
11/17/2011, 02:55 AM

This

cleller
11/17/2011, 08:03 AM
Probably safe to assume that OU coaches would have handled it differently. Could you imagine say, Heupel, seeing this? The reactions of he and Stoops would have been very different than what happened at Penn St, I believe.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2011, 08:41 AM

you seem to have a great deal of trouble getting over this - perhaps professional counseling may be helpful

LRoss
11/17/2011, 09:31 AM
you seem to have a great deal of trouble getting over this - perhaps professional counseling may be helpful

Off topic but kind of funny.

My wife and I are in the process of becoming licensed foster parents. Last night we attended a class on the effects of childhood trauma, and up on the board was a graphic of the "stages of grief." Shock, anger, bargaining, despair/depression, acceptance. All I could think of the whole time was how dead-on (except for bargaining, I suppose) it was relative to my experience of watching the Tech game and the hours that followed. And then how many posters on this board are still stuck with one foot in anger and the other in depression.

Buckeye Fan
11/17/2011, 11:43 AM
JoePa doesn't seem to have any friends among the coaches. No statements of "I think the situation is terrible, but I support Joe in this difficult time", or phone calls to Joe.

I wonder how much he was liked among his colleagues.

oumartin
11/17/2011, 12:08 PM

it's like catching your wife with another man!

StoopTroup
11/17/2011, 12:11 PM

My wife and I are in the process of becoming licensed foster parents. Last night we attended a class on the effects of childhood trauma, and up on the board was a graphic of the "stages of grief." Shock, anger, bargaining, despair/depression, acceptance. All I could think of the whole time was how dead-on (except for bargaining, I suppose) it was relative to my experience of watching the Tech game and the hours that followed. And then how many posters on this board are still stuck with one foot in anger and the other in depression.
I believe South Park did a parody of foster parents. It's called "Poor Kids". Marty reminds me of Cartman.

oumartin
11/17/2011, 12:14 PM
I believe South Park did a parody of foster parents. It's called "Poor Kids". Marty reminds me of Cartman.

If you wouldn't bogart all the flippin' meds I could get over this.

BeaSooner
11/17/2011, 12:33 PM
I look good naked

I call BS

BeaSooner
11/17/2011, 12:35 PM

Did you see the one last night with the DHS worker that wouldn't quit with the Penn State jokes?

jumperstop
11/17/2011, 04:14 PM
JoePa doesn't seem to have any friends among the coaches. No statements of "I think the situation is terrible, but I support Joe in this difficult time", or phone calls to Joe.

That's cause all his "colleagues" died like 20 years ago....

cleller
11/17/2011, 06:34 PM
That's cause all his "colleagues" died like 20 years ago....

If JoePa had a nickel for every Penn State game he's coached he'd be 84 years old now.

sooneredaco
11/17/2011, 07:24 PM
Bob Stoops > Joe Pa

achiro
11/17/2011, 07:54 PM

Bargaining = "maybe Tech isn't really that bad", "food poisoning","injuries"

oumartin
11/17/2011, 08:20 PM
If JoePa had a nickel for every Penn State game he's coached he'd be 84 years old now.

This is blowing my mind!

sooneredaco
11/18/2011, 04:54 AM
I look good naked

I call BS

Want proof? It's 4am I'm drunk and I'm naked!!!

SoonerinSouthlake
11/18/2011, 09:37 AM

Wonder if his comment about "the Jackie Sherrils and Barry Switzers of the world" is indicative of him treating all of the people in his industry that they were a couple of notches lower than he on a "integrity scale". And now its biting him in the butt