PDA

View Full Version : Sandusky is innocent

SoonerNate
11/15/2011, 12:18 PM
Isn't this still America? Aren't the accused presumed innocent until proven guilty? I don't even recognize my country anymore.

The Maestro
11/15/2011, 12:25 PM
It took him 17 seconds to tell Bob Costas he was not sexually attracted to boys after Costas asked him the direct question.

Smoke and fire.

badger
11/15/2011, 12:39 PM
wQr4x7yzNxg

SoonerNate
11/15/2011, 12:41 PM
It took him 17 seconds to tell Bob Costas he was not sexually attracted to boys after Costas asked him the direct question.

Smoke and fire.

I totally agree. But we should at least afford him his day in court before crucifying him in the press.

Personally, I find it disgusting but I also find homosexuality disgusting and society seems to think that is normal.

badger
11/15/2011, 12:48 PM
BC: Are you sexually attracted to young boys, to underage boys?
Sandusky: Am I sexually attracted to underage boys?
BC: Yes.
Sandusky: Sexually attracted, I enjoy young people, I like being around them, but no, I am not sexually attracted to young boys.

He talked about his regrets... he should regret doing this interview. It did him NO favors and will be used against him in court, both the real one and the court of public opinion.

KABOOKIE
11/15/2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah Hitler was innocent too. :rolleyes:

ouflak
11/15/2011, 12:50 PM
I thought you had taken off for the green pastures of Landthieves.com! I even registered over there just to see what the heck you were going to post. Anyway, the concept of innocent-until-proven-guilty doesn't mean you are innocent of the crime. It means that in the eyes of the justice system, you get a fair chance to have a trial amongst your peers to determine whether you should be considered truly guilty and should be punished. It's important to keep that difference in mind.

Someone boldly walks into a busy bank and robs it, then walks outside and sits down on a bench waiting for the police to come, all on camera. Is he innocent of committing that crime in the eyes of all of those witnesses and society in general? Ofcourse not. Is he innocent in the eyes of the justice system until judged guilty in a court of law? Ofcourse. He has the right to claim he was possessed by aliens and that it was a clone using mind control and whatever best defense he thinks he can put together.

There are a whole lot of witnesses to Sandusky's acts.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/15/2011, 12:53 PM
Not having been convicted yet <> innocent

stoops the eternal pimp
11/15/2011, 12:55 PM
Is this landthieves? I thought that is where Nate was headed to post and that I am at the wrong place...Just another guy looking for a reaction.

Jacie
11/15/2011, 01:09 PM
Imagine if Charles Manson were tried in 2011 instead of 1970. I wonder if the evidence would be enough to get a conviction, especially if he had a high profile celebrity lawyer? He wasn't convicted of murder but of conspiracy. Think that would fly with a jury today?

SoonerNate
11/15/2011, 01:12 PM
Everything they've said about Sandusky they said about MJ and guess what? He was found not guilty.

nighttrain12
11/15/2011, 01:18 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AdxqepfCIAEbsRZ.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
11/15/2011, 01:25 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AdxqepfCIAEbsRZ.jpg

wow...

SoonerNate
11/15/2011, 01:44 PM
LMFAO

nighttrain12
11/15/2011, 10:46 PM
Stole it from @NotGaryBusey on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/notgarybusey

Breadburner
11/15/2011, 11:11 PM
Isn't this still America? Aren't the accused presumed innocent until proven guilty? I don't even recognize my country anymore.

I'm sure all those kids got together and coroborated their stories......

SanJoaquinSooner
11/15/2011, 11:30 PM
presumed innocent doesn't mean he is innocent.

ouflak
11/16/2011, 04:44 AM
Everything they've said about Sandusky they said about MJ and guess what? He was found not guilty.

By 'they', do you mean a state attorney general after the testimony obtained from a criminal investigation and a grand jury? 10 different victims over a significant period of time?

Or do you mean a bunch of tabloids and families of kids looking to scam some money? There's a bit of a difference.

Also keep in mind that during the criminal process involving Michael Jackson, that was one family. Not a long string of various victims, all related to the accused's charity, over a period of years supported by a public institution.

Again, a bit of a difference.

Sandusky will get his day in court. The press is having a hey-day with him, and frankly he's given them plenty to work with. There are certainly going to be similarities between this case and other high profile cases involving child molestation. That is just the way of things. But those other case don't in anyway absolve Sandusky of what he's done.

Scott D
11/16/2011, 05:55 AM
only nate would think the "court of public opinion", which has no legal standing would even matter for anything other than selecting a jury pool.

AlbqSooner
11/16/2011, 07:44 AM
Anyone recall the McMartin pre-school case?

Breadburner
11/16/2011, 09:27 AM
Anyone recall the McMartin pre-school case?

Yup...They were small children that were convinced by shrinks they were molested....Completely diffrent circumstances....With no eye witnesses.....

NormanPride
11/16/2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah Hitler was innocent too. :rolleyes:

Six posts before the first Hitler reference! I am proud of you, SoonerFans. :D

rekamrettuB
11/16/2011, 10:32 AM

In the court system, yes. But I can still have an opinion if he's guilty or not right?

ouflak
11/16/2011, 10:59 AM
In the court system, yes. But I can still have an opinion if he's guilty or not right?

Even better, you're allowed to base your opinion on corroborated testimony taken under sworn oath, and the consistent eye witness accounts of multiple victims and their families over a long period of time.

And that's just what is available to the public right now. The case itself hasn't even begun yet. There may even be more to come out.

Trophy Husband
11/16/2011, 12:17 PM

First, it should be pointed out that if you did it, you're guilty, no matter what. So you're not innocent unless you're truly innocent. However, our system presumes innocence, which means that legally speaking, even the obviously guilty are treated as though they are innocent, until they are proven otherwise.

The concept of the presumption of innocence is one of the most basic in our system of justice. However, in so many words, it is not codified in the text of the Constitution. This basic right comes to us, like many things, from English jurisprudence, and has been a part of that system for so long, that it is considered common law.

SoonerTerry
11/16/2011, 12:27 PM
I'm free to think he is a giant piece of **** that doesn't deserve to suck one more breath into his piece of **** lungs. I'm free to despise that mother****er and there ain't **** you can do about it... because this IS america.

BillyBall
11/16/2011, 12:28 PM
The most disturbing part of the Costas interview when he asked him to explain the "rhythmic slapping noises" that McQueary said he heard when he entered the shower area.

"We were just horsing around"...

nighttrain12
11/18/2011, 09:38 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Promotional-Penn-State-buttons-removed-after-som;_ylt=AoAJQz8shHah1YyahRBDJqk5nYcB?urn=ncaaf-wp10079

Story on some promotional items for a Penn State game:

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/78/789b01641c77e3bf16768e7d372f1cbc/promotional_penn_state_buttons_removed_after_someo ne_actually_read_them.jpg

hawaii 5-0
11/19/2011, 01:09 AM
Do you think ex-Presidental hopeful Sen. Rick Santorum will want to take back the "Congressional Angels in Adoption" award he gave Sandusky for his work with kids?

"Its philosophy is simple: it is easier to develop a child than to rehabilitate an adult," read the citation in the awards dinner program from Sept. 24, 2002.

One of George Bush's 'Thousand Points of Light' just went out.

I'm pizzed that the Second Mile Foundation, started by Sandusky, and funded by a lotta BigWigs was a grooming ground for his perversions.

5-0

nighttrain12
11/19/2011, 06:13 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/19/joe-paterno-video-jerry-sandusky-linebacker/

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/11/17/1117-joe-paterno-dvd-3ex.jpg

booomer
11/19/2011, 08:06 PM

You're confusing the law with public opinion.

I still think OJ is guilty, but the law disagrees.

nighttrain12
11/19/2011, 08:48 PM
http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/AnthonyLimaFAN/status/137918834148519936/photo/1

Picture from the Ohio St. (vs. Penn St.) tailgate today:

http://p.twimg.com/Aen8cu2CMAA5IH0.jpg

ouwino
11/20/2011, 07:20 AM
i think what the OP is trying to get at is that too many times in our 24 hour news society, the media "convicts" a person before they get their day in court. remember the Duke Lacrosse team.

Soonrboy
11/20/2011, 11:59 AM
Then send your 12 year old boy to spend the night with him

hawaii 5-0
11/20/2011, 03:00 PM
How many 12 year old boys coulda been spared if the Catholic Prients has been called to task?

5-0